Leslie Sansone July 2020 Walk Challenge

Options

Replies

• bacpath
    bacpath Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    One LS video per day ( at least 30 mins), 12,000 steps a day AND complete 2 health related audiobooks while walking in nature.
    July 1- WATP 4 mile challenge, love it. 16,666 steps😈. Listened to Fast Food Genocide. Daydreamed quite a bit. Hopefully I will learn to be more attentive. Happy Canada day 🇨🇦
    July 2- TEZ, 15,072 steps ( I just discovered I can get miles off of Fitbit- maybe next month!). Walked outdoors, but husband came, thought it would be rude to listen to 📚
    July 3- 5 fat burning miles. Liked it a lot. Felt tired but energetic afterwards🥺.13,660 steps. A little Bit of outdoor audiobook but, man, do I ever day dream. Might have to switch to thrillers next month.
    July 4- Happy day to my 🇺🇸 friends. 30 days, both segments. 12,761 steps
    July 5- No LS, I was sore. I think I need a rest day every 2 weeks. Big outdoor walk, a little bit of book and 17,035 steps 😅
    July 6- 5 mile fat burning walk💞, 14,853 steps.

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    zichab wrote: »
    July Goal-Not to gain any weight.

I am going to do the best I can to get through this heat and move as much as I can. I tried Leslie, but even with the AC, it is not enough. I am usually not in MI in July or most if August and I had no idea it got this HOT!!!! My body just cannot take 93, 95, 97, 91F and 82F in the house. It just saps all my energy. So, this month, my goal is to simply not gain any weight, which should be easy since eating is not pleasant in this heat either! :laugh:

7/1-Vivofit tracked-1.8 miles=1.8 miles total
    7/2-Vivofit tracked-1.3 miles=3.1 miles total
    7/3-Vivofit tracked-3.0 miles=6.1 miles total
    7/4-Vivofit tracked-2.0 miles=8.1 miles total
    7/5-Vivofit tracked-1.7 miles=9.8 miles total
    7/6-Vivofit tracked-1.3 miles=11.1 miles total
    7/7-WAH-3 Mile weight Loss Walk-2 miles=13.1 miles total

Welcome to all the new Walkers!!!

Walk Strong Everyone who can take the heat! :bigsmile:

I never would have thought it would get that hot there either, Brenda. I'm finding it tough going this year and I've lived in the south all my life. :(
  • mypinkbikini
    mypinkbikini Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Ok guys, yet another work week is kicking my butt! I did another 4200 steps today so I'm going to try to do a few hundred more and round it out to 5k again before bedtime but that's where I'm at. Not hitting 10k today. Probably not going to hit 10k tomorrow even though I got up and about every hour today I just could not walk around enough to make steps to get me close enough to 10k and when I got home, not gonna lie, put these feet up with a beer and hot sandwich and fries. the patients and families today- lordy- I just didn't step enough. If words were steps I got way more than 10,000 though :smiley:

I am going to vow to really be successful with a good long walk Thursday with a new mystery! I will check back in then afterward.

Cheers :blush:
  • bacpath
    Options
    One LS video per day ( at least 30 mins), 12,000 steps a day AND complete 2 health related audiobooks while walking in nature.
    July 1- WATP 4 mile challenge, love it. 16,666 steps😈. Listened to Fast Food Genocide. Daydreamed quite a bit. Hopefully I will learn to be more attentive. Happy Canada day 🇨🇦
    July 2- TEZ, 15,072 steps ( I just discovered I can get miles off of Fitbit- maybe next month!). Walked outdoors, but husband came, thought it would be rude to listen to 📚
    July 3- 5 fat burning miles. Liked it a lot. Felt tired but energetic afterwards🥺.13,660 steps. A little Bit of outdoor audiobook but, man, do I ever day dream. Might have to switch to thrillers next month.
    July 5- No LS, I was sore. I think I need a rest day every 2 weeks. Big outdoor walk, a little bit of book and 17,035 steps 😅
    July 7- TEZ. 13,129 steps.

• Deeder522
    Deeder522 Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    @AnnofB & @zichab It does get hot here. :) It's been a few years since we've had a heatwave this long, maybe 2012 was the last really hot summer.

I've been trying to do my exercises in the AM when the temp in the house is still low from the A/C running overnight but even that's still in the low to mid 70's. Today I thighs told me it was a rest day and I didn't want to argue.

In other news, my household is moving towards a wheat/gluten-free lifestyle. My DH has been having issues for years and all the Dr's here just want him to sallow pillows and stop complaining. Not my DH's plan. We started an elimination diet based on his arthritis and first cut out whole wheat. Low and behold multiple things cleared up for him. Allergist ran a test and he came back negative for celiac but the DR after review the results decided on non-celiac gluten intolerance diagnoses and recommended staying away from wheat and gluten as must as possible. Now moving into the lifestyle will be a harder change for me than him, I'm most definitely a mid-west corn fed girl. ;) Luckily it seems easier to find things now than years ago just have to adjust to it.
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited July 2020
    Options
    July Goal-Not to gain any weight.

7/1-Vivofit tracked-1.8 miles=1.8 miles total
    7/2-Vivofit tracked-1.3 miles=3.1 miles total
    7/3-Vivofit tracked-3.0 miles=6.1 miles total
    7/4-Vivofit tracked-2.0 miles=8.1 miles total
    7/5-Vivofit tracked-1.7 miles=9.8 miles total
    7/6-Vivofit tracked-1.3 miles=11.1 miles total
    7/7-WAH-3 Mile weight Loss Walk-2 miles=13.1 miles total
    -Vivofit tracked .7 miles :blush: =13.8 miles total
    7/8-Just Walk: Tone Every Zone-Lower Body + Walk Off Fat Fast-Easy Burn=1.5 miles=15.3 miles total

AnnofB wrote: »
    zichab wrote: »
    I never would have thought it would get that hot there either, Brenda. I'm finding it tough going this year and I've lived in the south all my life. :(

I have always left MI at the end of June and came back at the end of August. It is hot for a few days, but by Sept, there are cool days interspersed with hot day and the AC generally keeps things cool enough to work out. I have been thinking about maybe setting things up in the laundry room downstairs as it is much cooler there. We just need to get this house on the market and get to the cool(er) NY mountains! :laugh:

Deeder522 wrote: »
    @AnnofB & @zichab It does get hot here. :) It's been a few years since we've had a heatwave this long, maybe 2012 was the last really hot summer.

I've been trying to do my exercises in the AM when the temp in the house is still low from the A/C running overnight but even that's still in the low to mid 70's. Today I thighs told me it was a rest day and I didn't want to argue.

In other news, my household is moving towards a wheat/gluten-free lifestyle. My DH has been having issues for years and all the Dr's here just want him to sallow pillows and stop complaining. Not my DH's plan. We started an elimination diet based on his arthritis and first cut out whole wheat. Low and behold multiple things cleared up for him. Allergist ran a test and he came back negative for celiac but the DR after review the results decided on non-celiac gluten intolerance diagnoses and recommended staying away from wheat and gluten as must as possible. Now moving into the lifestyle will be a harder change for me than him, I'm most definitely a mid-west corn fed girl. ;) Luckily it seems easier to find things now than years ago just have to adjust to it.

This is a great idea, but I cannot workout in the morning as I get horrible nausea. I have been like this since I was young. I also cannot eat too early in the morning or the same thing happens. My body needs to be fully up and firing on a cylinders for me to start living! :ohwell:

Your husband is not alone as many people with arthritis have issues with gluten/wheat. My sister had all kinds of nagging annoying issues, but none that were really "diagnosable" and she did exactly what your husband did. She discovered that when she changed from her wheat cereal to oats, several issues disappeared. So, she cut out all wheat products and most of her issues went away. She says to read the packages very carefully though because they sneak wheat and wheat by-products into things you would never expect, like some pasta sauces! :noway: Lucky, we corn fed girls can still eat corn! :laugh:

Walk Strong Everyone! :bigsmile:
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    @Deeder522

highly recommend barilla red lentil pasta- a little chewier than normal pasta BUT naturally gluten free and a pretty tasty alternative to regular pasta! zucchini noodles/zoodles just do not do it for us!

• mypinkbikini
    Options
    Got out there this morning (it's been over a week since I have walked outside) and oh my was it oppressively hot. Painful guys. I wanted to turn back so many times. I hydrated 3 full glasses before I went out (AND NO COFFEE) and carried 4 more with me and a snack and I still felt the start of a little dehydration headache comin on at the end. My knee also ached a few times so I had to slow my pace and just soldier through. Came home with a blister on my left foot. #hotmess

6.5 miles (gotta get out there earlier tomorrow) in about 2 hrs

Wish me luck that I get out of bed for an earlier start tomorrow!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @mypinkbikini - Great walking! Hope that blister heals quickly.
  • AnnofB
    Options
    July Goal: I'm going to try and change things up a bit this month. Going for 3 strength workouts a week every other week.

7/1.....Strength & Stamina 31 minutes, Radio Remix 44 minutes
    7/2.....2 miles of 5 Boosted Miles and 40 minutes mowing the lawn (Got 15,418 steps today!)
    7/3.....Tone Every Zone 65 minutes and a 12 minute ab workout
    7/4.....35 minutes of 5 Mix and Match Miles by Jessica Smith
    7/5.....26 minutes of a strength workout. Free styled it today
    7/6.....Rest day
    7/7.....2 miles of the 5 Day Slim Down

7/8.....Rest day
    7/9.....37 minutes Walk Strong
  • bacpath
    Options
    July 8- just felt so blue. No video, only 1185 steps.

• mypinkbikini
    Options
    5 miles outside before it got hot. It feels better to start the day with a walk. Rain coming all week so leslie and I will be walking strong in my living room every morning this weekend and presumably the next 7 days.

I will probably walk and then sweat to the oldies after each day to keep my spirits up during a very rainy week off.

I hope everyone will check in here daily this week and join me in a big stepping week 🌞
  • AnnofB
    Options
    bacpath wrote: »

I hope things look brighter today. 🌻
  • mommyweighless
    mommyweighless Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi All! New to the group. I started LS videos today. I follow her on YouTube and she has a daily workout. I've just started introducing fitness back into my life. I've been working on getting my IBS under control through diet, and now I want to start working out again. I live in FL and it is too HOT to walk outside right now so someone recommended LS, and I love her!

My goal for July is to workout for a minimum of 15 minutes a day, everyday. Her videos make that realistic to me!

July 1: 41 minutes
    July 2: 40 minutes
    July 3: 17 minutes
    July 4: 17 minutes
    July 5: 8 minutes :(
    July 6: 14 minutes
    July 7: 0 minutes :(
    July 8: 17 minutes
    July 9: 17 minutes
    July 10: 18 minutes
  • AnnofB
    Options
    @mommyweighless - Glad you joined us. :) You're doing great. Gotta love Leslie. Especially us southern girls. I'm in north Alabama. Just too hot and humid to get in the mileage walking outside at this time of year.
  • bacpath
    Options
    July 9- Belly Blasting 3 miles + floor workout. Long sunny walk in Pm. Finished one book ( daydreamed a lot). 17,727 steps

• bacpath
    Options
    @AnnofB thanks for the well wishes. I think the isolation is getting to me! Feel much better today after a good nights sleep.

@mypinkbikini, I’ve switched over to JD Robb Vengence in Death audiobook. Let’s see if I daydream less.
  • AnnofB
    edited July 2020
    Options
    @bacpath - Glad to hear you are feeling better. A good nights sleep is a wonderful thing. :)
  • mypinkbikini
    Options
    @bacpath 17k steps while daydreaming??? You're an animal 👍well done getting up and getting back out there.
  • VeggieGirlforLife
    VeggieGirlforLife Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    July Goal: 155 miles plus daily strength

July 1: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Walk & Firm + 3 Fast Miles + 20 min HASfit shoulders w/dumbbells
    July 2: 5 Mile Fat Burning Walk + 17 min HASfit legs, thighs, butt w/weights
    July 3: 5 Miles ~ 4 Mile Super Challenge + 1 Mile Classic Walk w/ Kamilah + 20 min HASfit biceps w/dumbbells
    July 4: 6 Miles ~ 5 Advanced Miles + 1 Mile Brisk Walk + 45 min HASfit Tabata full body w/weights
    July 5: 6 Miles ~ 4 Mile Punch Up Your Walk + 2 Mile Heart Healthy + 45 min HASfit Tabata full body w/weights

July 6: 6 Miles ~ 5 Boosted Miles + 1 Classic Mile + 16 min TA precision arms strength
    July 7: 6 Miles ~ 3 Miles Slim & Sleek + 3 Fast Miles + 19 min Winsor Pilates buns & thighs sculpting
    July 8: 6 Miles ~ 5 Fat Burning Miles + 1 Mile Express + 30 min HASfit muscle building arms w/dumbbells
    July 9: 5 Miles Walk It Off, Tone It Up + 30 min HASfit strength legs, butt & thighs
    July 10: 5 Really Big Miles Walk Slim + 35 min HASfit strength arms & shoulders w/dumbbells

56 of 155 miles