GOAL ZONE Maintenance chat

Options
15678911»

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    @rwood566 That is some inspiring history right there. I'm sure with your determination and courage you'll get going on those walks again, and if there is any way we can help you with the whole maintenance mindset, we're here any time! Those skin reduction surgeries can really take time to heal and settle, so don't rush it. I love your "experiment" approach - try things to see what works, be willing to keep trying different things, levels of calories, etc. until you find what feels best and keeps you where you want to be. Serious hats off to you!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,133 Member
    Options
    @rwood566 Unbelievably impressive story. Good luck through the healing process. You have taken your life back - I am inspired!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Thanks
  • jugar
    Options
    Hello all!

I'm happy to say I'll be back on the maintenance roster as of this week - I had tipped over the top just a bit for a while, but am happily back in the middle of my range again. Of course, I'm hungry... but breakfasts are sure welcome every morning :smiley:

Be sure to post either here or on your team if you need to update your goal range, change weigh-in days - anything at all. I'll keep an eye on you and anyone who goes over the top of range for 2 weeks goes back to regular team until there are 2 weeks within goal again :sunglasses: If you go under, either your goal zone needs revision, or you should have a bowl of ice cream.

Happy summer!

unless you're in the Southern hemisphere. then happy winter!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @jugar happy you are back in range:), I have taken your place out of range;). I’m afraid it was a long weekend of eating all of my cousins wonderful cooking, there is a branch of our family that still cooks like they are back in the 50s with all of the heavy sauces and so much salt! Even the watermelon was salted! I think I should be handily back on track this week then head straight back to the middle or lower end of my range.
    Glad you clarified when we got bumped, I had thought it was immediate 😜
  • ashleycarole86
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Fully expecting tomorrow to be week 1 above range but my goal is that by a week today when I weigh in for week 2 I'm back in and do not have to return to the regular team.

Challenge on!!!!

Thank you Vegas for your indulgences ;)

On the plus side, we walked a ton of steps!!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Well for those not on my team I'll just confirm here that the post-vacation weigh-in was off the charts high. Like so much so that logic was't even possible to understand it.

More than half of it is gone already after two days which is what I expected. I suspect 2-3 pounds max was a real gain. For now I'm working on getting back to my maintenance range by my weigh-in day so I don't go back on the regular team.

My choices in Vegas weren't great, but I did so many things way differently than I would have in the past. Armed with the tools I need, I felt confident when I got back that I would be back to my zone in no time.

I do think the impact on my body is more than it needs and I'd like to work on minimizing how drastic the swings are - something for me to consider for next time.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Thanks for reviving it @jugar

I am one of those "regular team after vacation" folks

It has been a really long journey getting back to my maintenance zone, relatively speaking. Which means I gained real weight on my last vacation.. not just water weight.

I am on the right trajectory now and proudly marching my way back down to my maintenance zone.
  • jugar
    Options
    Happy New Year! I'm refreshing this thread and hope to see everyone who is currently recovering from recent gains back in the zone soon!

Reading through this entire thread is interesting and refreshes the thoughts around all the challenges in maintenance, as well as the joys of staying within our zones.

Here are all of us as of right now, including those who are on a (hopefully) brief sojourn back to regular team to shave off the results of a vacation, holidays, the urge to prepare for hibernation, or a rough patch:

@rwood566
    @Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    @ashleycarole86
    @jugar
    @PlaneMonkey
    @micaroo4
    @pacsnc6
    @LaurieWrobo
    @PatriceFitnessPal

You'll see posts from others in here who have decided to use other teams or groups or whatever as they maintain, but I hope you'll stick with us here for a good while. Move up into team motivator or co-captain if you are not already, or find other ways to help those who are still struggling. Let us know how you're doing and what is working or not working for you. Thanks!
  • IDebraK
    IDebraK Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I've been MIA for a while... a GOOD LONG WHILE! I think I last posted in April of last year. Good news is I've kept the weight off. My weight zone was 122-126. After the first cup of coffee this morning, and fully-clothed, I weighed in at 126.0. Still happy with that, but wanting to lose just a bit more. Can I get back on a team for that? Or do I need to? Help me out. :)
  • jugar
    Options
    IDebraK wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I've been MIA for a while... a GOOD LONG WHILE! I think I last posted in April of last year. Good news is I've kept the weight off. My weight zone was 122-126. After the first cup of coffee this morning, and fully-clothed, I weighed in at 126.0. Still happy with that, but wanting to lose just a bit more. Can I get back on a team for that? Or do I need to? Help me out. :)
    So good to see you back!! You can certainly get back on a team, in fact staying on a team well into maintenance is a great idea. Do you want to stay with the team where you were before? Or try another one? Let me know, and I'll get you right back in.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @IDebraK
    How inspiring! Any team will be lucky to have you and to hear your tales of keeping the weight off over the last year.
  • IDebraK
    Options
    @jugar I'll be happy with either.

@ashleycarole86 My first goal was to lose the extra weight. The next was to keep it off. I've decided to tweak that just a bit and get just a bit lower. I'm looking around another 5-9 pounds. Nothing extreme. My daughter is getting married in October. I have these "bat wings" that need to go away.
  • jugar
    edited January 2023
    Options

@ashleycarole86 My first goal was to lose the extra weight. The next was to keep it off. I've decided to tweak that just a bit and get just a bit lower. I'm looking around another 5-9 pounds. Nothing extreme. My daughter is getting married in October. I have these "bat wings" that need to go away.

OK. I'm stealing you for my team! We have some good maintenance energy going, and we need some more people :smiley: win-win.

Join us at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880583/waistaways-team-chat-january-2023/p17

Come post us an intro - name, geography, weight history, anything you're willing to share. Welcome!!
  • IDebraK
    Options
    So good to see you back!! You can certainly get back on a team, in fact staying on a team well into maintenance is a great idea. Do you want to stay with the team where you were before? Or try another one? Let me know, and I'll get you right back in. [/quote]
    jugar wrote: »

OK. I'm stealing you for my team! We have some good maintenance energy going, and we need some more people :smiley: win-win.

Join us at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10880583/waistaways-team-chat-january-2023/p17

Come post us an intro - name, geography, weight history, anything you're willing to share. Welcome!!

Sounds great! I'll run over now. My weekdays are slammed with work. I don't get much done Monday through Thursday.
  • nancyinmo
    nancyinmo Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone: I’m Nancy and I live in the Miami, Florida area. I have lost a total of 110 pounds and am now in maintenance. It’s been a little over two months since I’ve reached my goal. My life has changed drastically during this weight loss: I’ve become a certified Jazzercise and Zumba instructor, retired, moved to Florida, started playing tennis, and am getting my certification to teach Aqua fit. I’m loving this active lifestyle. Moving to sunny Florida has made being active much easier, and my choices for healthy food has become so much better. This is the first time I’ve felt in control.
  • jugar
    Options
    Thank you for digging this thread out of the way-back machine @nancyinmo ! It sounds like you have made a huge transformation. Keeping in this zone just gets better and better! Struggles still happen from time to time, but you know what to do, and it sounds like you are really doing it. :smiley: