August 2 Sign In

Options
124»

Replies

• KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #2
    I spent the whole day with my family and we ate out twice, which blew my calories.

I know that I will be disqualified soon, however, my main goal for August is to develop tracking habits, learning correct portions, and starting to develop new healthy habits while I stop my bad unhealthy habits. Also, I forgot to mention, finding healthy recipes, cut-out the eating out again, start drinking water, and get back on my treadmill. So that is my focus for August.

I live with my teen in a small town about an hour east of Kansas City, MO.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Chinkiri wrote: »
    1st August was a triple Yes day, with 30 minutes walking before it got too hot. I'm in Montpellier, southern France, and the temperature is 40°.
    2nd August was a Pass Day, I went over calories, giving in to a yen for pate on toast. As my kitchen gets too hot to cook in, I am eating ready meals, lots more calories than home cooked food.

One of my favorites!!!!! And, so hard to stop when you are craving it.
  • SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    corpt6328 wrote: »
    1. Yes.
    2. I doubt it.
    3. No.
    I've been using MFP for a few years but faithfully for 80 plus days and reached my goal weight by doing so. I finally went on a weekend getaway and just got home Sunday morning. Although I did go to the gym every morning I didn't keep track (didn't want to know to be honest) of my calories or my food/drink while traveling. So, I'm one day behind but getting back on track today. Excited to be part of this challenge.

I'm sitting on the 8 mile island of Siesta Key, Florida.

Love Siesta Key! Love the keys...period!
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    wishback wrote: »
    I didnt meet the challenge in July and was waiting for August to start again. I missed the 1st and didn't track my food😲. Now I only have 2 passes for the month but I'm determined.
    Yes 3 times today

This is why, once someone reaches Pass 4, I always suggest they declare themselves "in training" for the next month, and just keep right on tracking. That way, a start-of-the-month pass WON'T be because you didn't realize the calendar turned.
  • BMcC9
    Options
    KCJen wrote: »
    Pass Day #2
    I spent the whole day with my family and we ate out twice, which blew my calories.

I know that I will be disqualified soon, however, my main goal for August is to develop tracking habits, learning correct portions, and starting to develop new healthy habits while I stop my bad unhealthy habits. Also, I forgot to mention, finding healthy recipes, cut-out the eating out again, start drinking water, and get back on my treadmill. So that is my focus for August.

That's the ticket! Consider / Declare August your "Beta-test sorting-things-out Trial-By-Error" month and don't concern yourself with "qualified / disqualified for the Winners Circle" It's not like ANYONE is EVER "disqualified / eliminated" from the actual Challenge!

And may I recommend allrecipes.com (wonderful front-end search engine!) as a place to start looking for recipe variations. MFP also has a Recipes Message Board, but I have no idea how searchable it is for random browsing (although you could always "star" anything you find once and will want to get back to)

Let us know what you discover!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #2

@KCJen
    That sounds like a fabulous weekend!!

Here’s what you mentioned as your goals for August:
    1. Build Tracking foods habit
    2. Correct Portion sizes
    3. Healthy recipes
    4. Cut-out eating out again
    5. Start Drinking water
    6. Get back on Treadmill

Each of those, for me, took a lot of effort & trial & error.

My first month - back in Jan 2016
    I did #1, 2, and 4.

Then I stopped all three of them & counted calories. I lost about 37 lbs and I did cut out sweets and ate out only 1-2 times per week (planned in advance)

Exercise I kicked in later mid 2017

In Sept 2017, I found the NOOM app which helped me focus on one habit change per day/week.

I’ve kept that approach since then. One, at most 2, habits to focus on for a month (I’m in maintenance so my remaining g “bad” habits are the really tough ones, so I give myself a month to practice them.)

I’m wondering if there are 1 or 2 habits you’d really like to master in August?! You can always do another 1-2 in September!!!

Also, having 2 Pass Days early in the month - believe me I’ve done that! Particularly with family birthdays early in a month ...
    So, how about your month begins today Aug 3, and when you get through Sept 2, I’ll do an Unofficial Congratulations Post for you!!!

As a maintainer, I know firsthand how important the ability to Restart Right Away is. Imagine a running race, 2 people trip each other & fall. One dusts themselves off, checks their scrapes, means “why me?”, slowly gets up & continues running. The other (YOU❤️) jumps up & tears off running!

We have to pop back on track as fast as humanly possible. 1-2 simple, measurable habits can help us do that!

PS 4 years 7 months, 70+ pounds lower, I still don’t have healthy (or any) recipes. We eat simply - by choice. I found it was important that I had food I could eat right away when I got hungry. Otherwise I ate twice - once when cooking & once when we sat down.

I know you didn’t ask for advice. Please ignore, if it doesn’t help you.

Rooting for you,
    Maddie
  • BMcC9
    Options
    @KCJen ,
    I’m wondering if there are 1 or 2 habits you’d really like to master in August?! You can always do another 1-2 in September!!! ...

Also, having 2 Pass Days early in the month - believe me I’ve done that! Particularly with family birthdays early in a month ...

So, how about your month begins today Aug 3, and when you get through Sept 2, I’ll do an Unofficial Congratulations Post for you!!!

Rooting for you,
    Maddie

I second this, and will also do an Unofficial Congratulations Post for you!
  • Anya_000
    Anya_000 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Pass Day #2

I think your focus on good habits is a great plan. I went way over three pass days last month, and wanted to slink off in shame. However, people were so nice, and gave me good tips and encouragement. I was nowhere near the winner's circle, but made a lot of improvements. I'm glad you're here.
  • corpt6328
    corpt6328 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Day 3...Yes, Yes, & Yes!
    I'm all or none. Today was all in. 1+ hr indoor biking and free weights. Total 62 minutes.
    Logged every single morsel. I apparently ate too little. I'm ready for bed now and don't like sleeping on a full stomach so I'll pay closer attention tomorrow. I tend to "save" my calories in case I get a craving later on.
    I use my Apple Watch and it really helps with keeping me moving when I sit too long. So, all in all I feel good about accomplishing my goal today. I was really down on myself for not starting on the 1st.
    Have a great evening y'all!

• alaskamutts278
    alaskamutts278 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Tracked all
    Under calorie limit
    Exercised 23 minutes of indoor rowing
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    @wishback and @corpt6328 Forget the 'missing day Pass Day". Thanks for joining.
    Bless you! I absolve you of guilt and condemnation!
    Rick
  • corpt6328
    Options
    Thanks RangerRickL! I feel much better now.
  • eokoro
    eokoro Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Aug 2
    Exercise-Yes
    Calorie Budget-Yes
    Tracking-Yes
  • stella7x7
    stella7x7 Posts: 2,615 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Alyson,married 30 yrs. Have one dog. Live here in North Carolina.
    8/2
    Exersised-yes
    Caleries?- no
    Logged? Yes
  • molly3210
    molly3210 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    First pass day used on Sunday August 2
  • corpt6328
    Options
    Tuesday, 8/4/20 Yes x 3...barely! Didn't go to the gym today so at 8:30 pm I had my new stable balance ball inflated and my 20 minute timer set just so I could log my day. Whew, made it. Yay me! Nite all!