Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,561 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, hip hop, arm resistance bands, leg resistance bands for the splits, yoga.
    Calories- under
    Water- over though I drank a LOT of coffee!

I'm in more pain than I have been lately because I insisted on cleaning the house yesterday and overdid it. I really need to make a list and do one thing a day only. Instead I had a TON of energy so I worked out an extra hour and went to the grocery store so I didn't exactly take it easy. The guy I'm seeing is here so I'm dragging him to Costco again, I get to save money and make him push the cart, it's awesome! I wish that store wasn't so big, it's always a toss-up for me but having a helper makes it worth it. I ordered the xcode genetic testing to get the additional allergies and other information. I'm a little scared about some of it because I already have the majority of stuff on each side of the family. I DID find a good-smelling natural deodorant to try out for workouts, it's day 3 of no deodorant (I'm allergic to artificial fragrance), I had to pick a heat wave to get through the detox then my guy came over so I don't want to stink too bad, I already stink like deep heating rub! One thing I can say is he's getting the full real me with no artifice, between my pain and singing Mongolian folk metal I'm surprised I haven't scared him off yet!

Oh, I found a gluten-free lactose-free cheese at Raley's in the deli! It's Jarlsberg and it's a swiss cheese, I figure that would be better than almond cheese since I have no clue what that tastes like on the Giant Parmesan Turkey Meatball. My gluten-free breadcrumbs come Thursday so I'm making it then, yay! One of the things listed that says I should try going without is nightshades but the only things I can put with things are salsa and pasta sauce and even those are hard to find, I'd hate to lose those too!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Wednesday weigh-in:

SW (7/1/2020): 298.0
    Weigh-in (8/1/2020): 289.6
    Weigh-in (8/5/2020): 288.0
    Weigh-in (8/12/2020): 290.2
    Weigh-in (8/19/2020): 293.4
    LTD: 4.6

UGH I'm so slipping! The last couple of weeks have been rough with personal life crap. Court and my daughter going back to Florida. Last night I went home and went right to bed after work because I haven't been sleeping well. I packed my gym bag and brought it with me to work so I can stop on my way home. I need to get my groove back. This is just getting too sad for me and way too tough.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    GabiV125
    Weight in day: Wednesday
    PW: 133.4
    CW: 132.0
    Last night we came back from dropping my daughter to college. I was pretty busy in the last week, had a major health scare and the sleep was not very good, so I was extra careful with the food these days (actually there was some celebratory wine the night we stayed in town ).
    Clean eating was mostly to keep my head clear for the 4.5+4.5 hours of driving, with clattering stuff in the van, but it also worked for the scale. Yay!
    Now I’m back home, back to work, back to this awesome group!

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125 Wow! In spite of all that you had going on with getting your daughter settled you still managed to have a great weigh-in. Keep up the good work!! B)

@GretchenReine I’m so sorry that you have been struggling. <3 You are taking the right steps by planning to go to the gym. You will find your groove. Just don’t give up on yourself!

@Katmary71 That is great that you will have help on your Costco trip. I sure wish my town would build a Costco! I look forward to hearing what Xcode tells you. Take it easy! :)

@bethanie0825 Ugghhh so sorry that you have been sick! Congrats on at least having a small loss this week. :)

@Tracey0088 Yayyy on a great weigh-in this week and that you are seeing real changes. Keep it up! B)

@leonadixon I pray that your surgery will go well. You will get that weight gain off. Like you said, just keep on truckin! :)

@trooworld Ugghhh sorry that you are in pain from your arthritis. Are you feeling any better today? That graphic on the truth about weight loss is spot on!! Thanks for the reminder. :)

Good morning! I stepped on the scale this morning and the stupid thing isn’t budging. I really need to do something to shake it up and that probably means I need to clean up my diet. I feel that I need to probably go lower carb and plan to see how I can make that work while cooking for two people who don’t want to eat low carb. Today’s plan is to fast until I make dinner which will be a mushroom, spinach, Canadian Bacon frittata (sneaking in a low carb meal ;) ). I will also do my workout and do some housework.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,894 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thank you. You are so right about the pain, it's a catch-22! :( I feel a little bit better today, I'm hoping I feel better as the day goes on. I got an email from the Arthritis Foundation and one of the articles is titled, "Learn How Sleep Impacts Your Pain". I look forward to reading that. I hope today it's cooler for you and you can go outside and meditate! :) I'm sorry you are in pain today, too. That's good your guy is there to help out. That's great you found a cheese that might work.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you. I'm feeling a little bit better today. If it's anything like in the past, as the day goes on, I'll feel better later today. That's tough, getting people to eat low-carb that don't want to. But there are plenty of tasty low-carb dishes that might entice them. Your frittata sounds like one of them!

Hello everyone! Yesterday was a dark day for me. I was in pain, I fed my pain by giving in to my husband's urge to eat out at lunch, I didn't drink enough liquids. I just didn't give a da*n about anything but the pain I was in. I hope today is a better day. I think it will be, I'm feeling a bit better. I don't feel as stiff or in as much pain.

Tuesday
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: ----
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 it is an artificial cervical disc replacement of my C5-6. I can't feel my index finger on my left hand (back and forth of course with electric shock feeling to numbness). The neck pain had been increasingly worse over the past 6 years. PT helps but only temporarily, pain meds don't really touch it. I hope it helps!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    @trooworld
    trooworld wrote: »
    @Katmary71 Thank you. You are so right about the pain, it's a catch-22! :( I feel a little bit better today, I'm hoping I feel better as the day goes on. I got an email from the Arthritis Foundation and one of the articles is titled, "Learn How Sleep Impacts Your Pain". I look forward to reading that. I hope today it's cooler for you and you can go outside and meditate! :) I'm sorry you are in pain today, too. That's good your guy is there to help out. That's great you found a cheese that might work.

@TeresaW1020 Thank you. I'm feeling a little bit better today. If it's anything like in the past, as the day goes on, I'll feel better later today. That's tough, getting people to eat low-carb that don't want to. But there are plenty of tasty low-carb dishes that might entice them. Your frittata sounds like one of them!

Hello everyone! Yesterday was a dark day for me. I was in pain, I fed my pain by giving in to my husband's urge to eat out at lunch, I didn't drink enough liquids. I just didn't give a da*n about anything but the pain I was in. I hope today is a better day. I think it will be, I'm feeling a bit better. I don't feel as stiff or in as much pain.

Tuesday
    Goals or Improvements for tomorrow: track everything, 2 bottles (26 oz) of water

Hey there, @trooworld . I am so glad you are feeling a little better this morning, and hope that trend continues in the day (as you say it often does). I am sending you hugs and best wishes. You are so SO right about that truth about weight loss graphic. As with many things in life, it's a bumpy road. Progress is never a straight line. As long as we hang tight with the fact that there will steps forward, back, sideways... we get through.
    r6eoschr6lxt.gif

@TeresaW1020 - I am sorry the scale is not being cooperative, but your response is so inspiring, looking over what you have been doing and looking for adjustments to try. Thank you for sharing what's up and for bringing such an inspirational attitude to the party.

@GabiV125 - Wow! Great weigh-in! And huge hurray to your managing food so well on your trip! That really takes some energy and planning to make it happen!

@GretchenReine - Sending big hugs. It sounds like you made some great moves to take care of yourself - early bedtime and gym bag packed -- so hopefully today's a little better, and feels like a step in the direction you want to go.

@Katmary71 - I love your updates. I so do. I especially today loved the picture of your guy pusyhing the cart at Costco so you can run ahead and look at All the Cool Things. (Hmm, I think I want to go to Costco soon!)

@bethanie0825 - I am so sorry about that stomach bug! I hope you are feeling better by the time you read this.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @bakatit8gn19 Glad you came on the group and posted, hang in there and keep doing your best!

Well, didn't make it to Costco, I was really worn out today so we're going tomorrow instead. I borrowed my SIL's Yonanas machine and made "ice cream" last night with bananas and berries, it's so good! I've been eating frozen fruit but the combo all mixed together is great, then I add some balsamic vinegar and cinnamon. I'm all out of my fancy cherry balsamic, just used it up on frozen berries tonight. All it needs is a big fat scoop of vanilla ice cream but of course that's completely off limits! I'm going to my parents for a bit on Friday, we talked about getting lunch but I don't think I can get anything anywhere. Friday's 4 weeks of Paleo, I can't believe it's gone by so fast already! Thank goodness I have an air fryer, we're still in a heat wave and chicken comes out so good in it without having to heat the whole house.

Wednesday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, yoga, stretching for splits, earth energy healing
    Calories- right at
    Water- great though I drank a LOT of coffee!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Thursday check-in

So yesterday I had good intentions. I did pack my gym bag...and it's still packed. I was so exhausted emotionally after work that I went home. This morning when I left for work I told my mother that I was going to the gym after work and I'd see her after that. She's a nudge so I know if I don't go to the gym after that she'll have something to say about it and I really do NOT want to listen to her. I have totally slacked on goals the past couple of weeks so today I'm trying to focus on my steps and water. I know that I need to get back on track with those in order to start to feel like myself again.
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-In

Username - MommaGemz
    Weigh-in Day - Thursday
    SW - 196.2
    PW – 182.5
    CW – 181.5
    LTD – 14.7

50247132743_936b30c1cc_n.jpg

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,894 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thank you, I appreciate that. I needed to see that graphic as much as anyone!!! <3

@Katmary71 Your "ice cream" sounds divine! I have an ice cream/yogurt maker and I may have to make some this weekend. Right now is the perfect time for some! ;) Congrats on 4 weeks of Paleo. Do you feel any different since being on it? Yes to thank goodness for the air fryer: I feel the same way! Been using my Ninja Foodi/air fryer a lot lately.

@GretchenReine Focusing on steps and water sounds like a good plan. Good luck!

Hello all. Feeling about the same today, still about a 4-5 out of 10 on the pain scale but hoping for a better afternoon. I ate terribly yesterday, just eating my feelings. Did it help? NO. I hope to be back to my cheerful self soon.

Wednesday
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    PW: 165.0
    CW: 163.1

I think all this running is starting to pay off!!
    48 miles down, 27.7 to go :)
    bun09ojarina.png

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 694 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 3 weigh in Thursday (20Aug2020)
    Previous weight:169.9
    Current weight: 169.8
    LTD MFP #2 65.2 lbs
    LTD overall 130.2 lbs
    Steps Thur-Wed: 79,429 (down from last week) (hi- 16,944 / lo- 5,031)

I'm more than fine with this weight loss - I had a lot of extra calories on most of the days, not sure how it happened. Not gonna argue it, though. Had my second time this month with a day less than 10,000 steps - I was with a friend who, it turns out, has no tolerance for heat of any kind and I didn't want to take off for an hour to get my usual walk so I chose to be ok with the circumstance and result.

Team - I am pooped. Between working about 30 hours a week, cooking for two extra folks and driving back and forth to my mom's (I am Meals on Wheels at the moment!), I just don't have much left at the end of the day. I have read all the posts...so many good things (twins on the way! Losses, energy, getting back after not feeling well!) and some life gotchya by the short hairs (gains, illnesses, pain, lacking of oomph for the plan and the goals!) and I'm cheering you on! I am - inside!! =>

What the heck will I do if/when I get a regular job??? I don't like these 30 hours, let alone 40 and - GAH - I used to do 50 as a treat to myself and have known a crap ton of 60 and 70 hour weeks..... How'd I do that????

Mama sho' 'nuff does not have the oomph for that nonsense, no mo', no mo'.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @GretchenReine Great thinking to tell your moom you're going to the gym, the accountability will help you out! It's tough to get going again after stopping, just keep reminding yourself that you'll be so proud of yourself on the other side of it. Keep fighting the good fight, you got this!

@MommaGemz Great loss, wtg!

@trooworld My pain is a little better, it's just going real slow. I hear ya about not feeling better when pain-stress eating, I always cared the next morning but when the pain levels hit 8 and up I just didn't give a hoot anymore. I'm hoping your pain levels go down quickly!

@gwamajtw91 Nice loss, way to go with the running!

@raleighgirl09 Yay, scale's going the right way! You sound incredibly busy, I hope things slow down for you soon! I'm glad you had the chance to spend time with your friend, it's so important now to spend time with loved ones when we're able to do so.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Exercise- arm cardio, resistance band for arms, resistance band for legs for the splits, stretching
    Water- good
    Calories- under

Still need to meditate but it's super smoky outside so I'll probably just do it in my room tonight. Made it to Costco today and am pretty burned out even with Eric's help. He brought his two cats, the male has never been here before and tries to claim the "people" which is not going well with my outgoing cat so they're hissing and growling but nothing serious yet. The female is ruling my house and bossing both my boys around, it's pretty pathetic as she's a tiny little thing. School starts next week, I'm hoping I'll be able to concentrate enough through the pain to learn, it's been really hard concentrating on things like movies or books (and I'm reading what has to be the worst Kat Martin book I've ever read and I normally enjoy her books). My new Fitbit's on it's way, mine failed the "good enough for repairs" test. That's all on this end!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Thursday Check-In
    Exercise - walk with husband, 50 minutes
    Water - good
    Food - calories under, all on-plan food choices (though I ate less than usual, as I was busy; ah, well)

So, I must say, I am having a moment of not recognizing myself. I am at crunch time on a project, and I am not stuffing my face with sugar to get through, and it's... odd. I occasionally remember that faintly as how I used to deal with this. Three years ago, I'd have gone though several Mexican Cokes a day on this project. Today I had whispers of wanting that, thank the inner voice for sharing ("Sugar! Sugar is the answer!"), drink my favorite Celestial Seasonings fruit-y teas and extra Topo Chico, and I am okay. At least today I was!

@Katmary71 - I am so sorry your Kat Martin novel is not working out. I hate being disappointed by a book by an author I usually love. 👐🏽

Semi-funny book story you made me think of. I am in two book groups, and they both picked the same book this month. Convenient? You would think so. But noooo, not so much. I am Not Loving the Book. First book group met, and I had just read the first couple of stories (it's a short story collection). Listened to, actually, as the library only has a downloadable audiobook of this moderately obscure book. Anyway, I couldn't stand to go to a second book group not having finished the same book, so I figured out how to increase the playback speed so it would be over sooner. The narrator is not great, and I think I'd have enjoyed it better in print or as an ebook! Anyway, almost done. I have been feeling like a recalcitrant 2 year old about this! 😂

@raleighgirl09 - 🎉 Hurray for being down, even a smidge! It's all steps in the right direction!
    I get you about being pooped. It sounds like a lot is going on in your life. And I think there's so much going on in the world that it is draining overall. Anyway, sending hugs, and being thankful you are here.

@gwamajtw91 -- Woohoo! Keep up the great running! SO glad it is paying off! And I'll bet that means you are eating well, too! Go, you! 👍🏽

@trooworld - I hope your pain level improves soon. In the meantime, your cheerfulness is not required. And we are so appreciative that you are here, being yourself. 👐🏽

Okay, off to bed! Time for a nap!
    5ce9bjnohms8.gif
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain OMG, first, enjoy that tea! I keep forgetting to log my tea but drink it every day. I grew up on Diet soda, went to Crystal Light, and now drink ginger cinnamon iced tea every day and cooled off hot tea at night, love the stuff! As for the book I had to laugh, I love to read unless I HAVE to read, school assignment reading drove me nuts! I always feel I have to finish what I start too. I have a block against podcasts, I watch them on advanced speed or I get bored. It's so much faster to just read than listen to someone drone on!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Friday check-in

So I went to the gym yesterday AND actually worked out. I did an hour on the treadmill. I was sweaty and gross afterwards. I guess that's a good thing. I still don't feel like I've gotten my groove back. I know it takes time. I brought my workout clothes with me so I can go after work today.

Oh...and I hit my 10,000 steps yesterday. I hadn't hit those in over a week I'm sure. Let's see if I can do it 2 days in a row!!! LOL
This discussion has been closed.