Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - August 2020

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, just stopping by. Looks like a “regular” day so far, I’m in the office and is a coworker’s birthday today. I tried to stay on track with food and cake and will find out tonight if I did . I figured out one of the side effects when I mess ups is not being able to sleep more then 4-5h.
    Glad to hear that I’m pre-registered for September, because I’m not going anywhere. This month I tried new things here and the challenges were fun. My last weighting was disappointing, but so far it looks like half was water 💦
    The hurricane is coming this way tomorrow , and the temperature does not feel 99 today, so some good with some bad.
    Welcome to all the new team members and prepare to have fun!
  • katyjcrafts
    katyjcrafts Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Week 4 weigh in
    Katyjcrafts
    Friday
    Last week 252.2
    This week stayed same
  • harrismary225
    harrismary225 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    -Username: harrismary225
    -Weigh In Week: Week 4
    -Weigh-In Day: Friday
    -PW: 269lbs
    -CW:268.8lbs
    -LTD: 9.2lbs
  • BethB554
    BethB554 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Welcome two more new members! @BethB554 and @andreiya12 will be joining for the September challenge and will be here soon to get started. Enjoy!

Hi All,
    I am excited about this challenge! I didn’t join anything like this my last go around on MFP. It will be great to have a supportive community trying to do the same things I am doing. I have great friends here but we are all so busy it’s hard to find time to walk or even chat with each other.
    My name is Beth if you haven’t guessed that already. I live in the DFW area of Texas with my husband, our blended family of 4 kids (ages 15, 14, 8, and 3), my parents, 3 dogs, and one cat. Yes, it’s busy at my house!
    I am currently 274.6 (or 276.4… I’m going to have to go look that up again). I have gained 50 lbs since my dad first moved in with us in Nov 2019. I decided yesterday that I wanted to start tracking my food. With so many people to care for, I need to make sure I am taking care of myself too.
    Now I am off to figure out what I need to be doing for this challenge! I am looking forward to getting to know y’all better on the boards!

@jugar Thank you for the announcement and welcome. I am excited.

@Katmary71 Thank you for the warm welcome! I have a feeling this community support is going to be very motivational! I can’t wait to get started with the Sep challenge.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 696 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 4 weigh in Thursday (27Aug2020) - a day late!
    Previous weight:169.8
    Current weight: 171.5
    LTD MFP #2 63.5 lbs
    LTD overall 128.5 lbs
    Steps Thur-Wed: 83,392 (UP from last week!!) (hi- 16,629 / lo- 7,206) - 2 days at less than 10,000 (4 days in Aug)

Damn you, 1.5 pounds!! Ah - well. I actually feel less than 'damn you' because I also know that my calories have been way up over the past 2 weeks, and a lot of driving and high sodium foods. But I also have seen on the scale that while the number was up yesterday, other days it was down and so I kinda feel like I have been more in line for eating to maintenance and not really for weight loss. Which has made me question whether or not I want/need to lose 10 more pounds or if I was doing that because...well, it's what I've been doing and so I was going to keep doing that. But then, again, I'm also kinda worn out and whupped on several fronts and - in some ways, just working to status quo kinda sounds good, too. I don't think I know what I want or need - and not enough energy left to put the thought into it! => On the good news side, my body has continued some reshaping. Seems a bit odd but my Fitbit strap and rings have loosened ever so slightly and some pants fit better. These are really good reminders that the scale is not the be-all / end-all for measurement of progress.

I caught up today on several pages of posts I hadn't read yet. And by the way - how the crap did August roll by so quickly?? I guess I'm ok with it (as if anything else would work) but it's been a very busy month with work and my mom. So my mom - hopefully weight bearing by next week to begin the work of walking on the leg she broke. I didn't cook for them this week, and I may be past that. Hired someone to clean her house....wise decision. =>

Job - another great screening with a recruiter today, hoping to have a Zoom interview next week with the hiring manager. Contract job has been very busy, making it hard to have time to look for a full-time job. Oy.

Miss my grandbaby. Her parents, my son and his wife, are very strict with COVID protocols - I'm so over it. She will be 2 next Saturday and we're looking forward to a get together that has some strict rules. Still - I get to see her in person....be still my heart.

I miss my more chipper self and more chipper posts.... => And the energy to post more. Here's to September.... B)
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    -Weigh In Week: Week 4
    -Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    -PW: 205 lbs
    -CW:205 lbs
  • cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cherrymajoni
    Friday
    PW: 211.9
    CW:214.0

Please can you excuse me for the month of September I have a lot going on at the moment and struggling to keep up with things 😩
This discussion has been closed.