WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    My steps were foe 8/22 = 619, I was so busy i hadn't even realized it died... :(
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
  • Steph1498
    Steph1498 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hello I’m finally back from a month long visit to the states! Such a great time to reconnect with a few select family and friends. ❤️ My diet was totally off track and that’s okay I think. It was amazing to enjoy others cooking for me!!

I’m back home this week and restarting my focus on healthy eating and it feels amazing to have structure again!

@jugar please let me know how you’d like to plug me back into the list. My current weight is 163.0 and I know that’s up a few pounds.
    I don’t want to negatively affect the team for the month. Could we start me in the September list?

I’m excited to catch up on this last months thread it looks like everyone has had a busy month! 😁
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @micki48
    8/16, 12178
    8/17, 8597
    8/18, 6315
    8/19, 3937
    8/20, 6886
    8/21, 8394
    8/22, 13471
    8/23, 12977
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I've been reading but not posting. Gone off the rails with my eating and I don't know quite why. Like the last 3 days, I'm starting the day as a new day and will get back on track. TODAY I'll complete the day - promise!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options
    Steps for 8/23 = 1890

I've hurt my back, so not alot of steps for me these next few days.
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    @micki48 below are my steps for the week; @jugar I also had a 25 minute bike ride on 8/17, 2.4 miles long, average speed 5.9mph. And 8/18 I did 40 minutes of gentle yoga and 20 minutes of moderate level yoga.

I understand if it's too late to count these! Again I'm sorry I completely forgot yesterday.
    htaucdfevqxu.png

I will get on the scale and post those results in a bit.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    Steph1498 wrote: »
    Hello I’m finally back from a month long visit to the states! Such a great time to reconnect with a few select family and friends. ❤️ My diet was totally off track and that’s okay I think. It was amazing to enjoy others cooking for me!!

I’m back home this week and restarting my focus on healthy eating and it feels amazing to have structure again!

@jugar please let me know how you’d like to plug me back into the list. My current weight is 163.0 and I know that’s up a few pounds.
    I don’t want to negatively affect the team for the month. Could we start me in the September list?

I’m excited to catch up on this last months thread it looks like everyone has had a busy month! 😁

I think re-starting for September will be perfect. We only have this week left, so next Sunday we'll start the September challenge. I'll put you in there with 163 as your starting weight - if you want to update it on your usual weigh-in day this week, just post it here, but you're in "support team" mode for the moment. I hope your trip was fantastic in spite of the off track nature of things - it is always so good to see family and friends after living far away. I lived in The Netherlands for a while after university, and it was both scary and fabulous coming home at the end of that. Then I ended up moving to Canada immediately! At least that isn't as far away. In any case, welcome back - we'll look forward to September with you.
  • Pearl4686
    Pearl4686 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hi all.
    I've been away for the week and haven't checked in on the thread regularly. I see I missed A LOT of posts. I hope you are all well.
    My diet went completely off track. We also hiked a lot every day. So I suspect it will be a gain on Friday but I hope it will only be small.
    Anyway, I will try to get back on track ASAP and not wait till Friday as I normally would (my annoying black & white brain- the diet week starts on a Friday :# )
    Have a wonderful week!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Monday check in. I don't know why but I have no energy or motivation today.I will have to get moving eventually. We might go to the lake and if that doesn't wake me up, I don't know 🙃 Food has been good but lunch was a little higher in calories than I wanted. I graze while making lunch...it's a bad habit for sure! Dinner tonight will be an entrée salad so If I swim or walk calories will be fine. 🤞

@jguldi11 What a sweet little puppy! So cute and glad you were able to make a connection and find your new puppy! You will always miss your previous pup but enjoy your new baby ❤

@Steph1498 Welcome back. Sounds like an amazing trip and how spoiled to have others cook for you on a regular 😀 That sounds dreamy indeed!

@Gidgitgoescrazy That's terrible! I hope you feel better soon 💕

@eggfreak Motivation ebbs and flows and that is completely normal. Just get back on track and keep at. I'm sure you have some healthy stuff tucked away in your freezer 😉

@theweeonemfp Congrats on making it to the 180's!

@Pearl4686 Sounds like a great trip with fun summer activities! Friday is too far away. Get back on track and take it one meal at a time. Every meal or moment of time is a chance to eat well or move our bodies. We don't have to be 100% to see growth.
  • jugar
    Options
    Well, this day has flown by! Thanks for the news of puppies, hikes, off-track slowdowns, making it to 180s and wandering motivation. I have been in a bit of a slump too, but today seems to be going better. For me, whacking the procrastination upside the back of the head helps, and just start something. So I did, and I feel a lot better. Magic.

It is recruiting for September time, so I'm off to find F2F some new members. We're doing pretty well this month, but could use a few more. If you have any friends, zoom meeting colleagues, or anyone else who might find this helpful, send them our way!
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    PW 242.2 lbs
    CW 242.3 lbs
    LTD 26.7 lbs
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I finally got up and did a workout. The weather got cloudy and windy and we did not make it to the lake. Sooooo, I had to do something. I did try the something new challenge for this week and had an exciting extra calorie burn by rearranging the order of my dvd (it has 3 segments). I posted on the week 4 challenge if you want to read more about it.

I have a sweet tooth and I am just going to end up eat a little of this and a little of that which usually ends up being a ton of calories! Instead, I am baking brownies and I will have one with an americano which is only 10 calories. One and done ✔ and then I will move on. I have been drinking water all day trying to outrace the sweet cravings. I'm not making a dent and I have had 150 oz of water. Time for a treat.
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Late check in. Not sure what is up today. I must be dealing with some weird menopausal hormones. I have been craving stuff I never crave...chocolate! Ate some dark chocolate and 2 Lindt white chocolate truffles. I guess my hormones need it. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Glad to see friends back. Friends having a hard time, know you are not alone. Love the new pup. My steps weren’t great today. I will try and do the step report tomorrow. Thanks for those steps.
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    @jguldi11 Lola is absolutely adorable! She looks so happy to be home! Enjoy!

@Gidgitgoescrazy I hope your back feels better soon. Did you hurt it exercising?

@theweeonemfp I hope you feel better soon too and that your covid test comes back negative;

I'm still focusing on creating a calorie deficit every day, although this month's journey has been less than perfect. That's OK because it has been a learning process. For this final week of August, I am increasing my deficit goal from 100 to at least 300 calories in deficit at the end of each day. I also added two-a-days....aka morning and evening workouts. Today's goal was a simple 10 minute workout in the morning and one tonight; both were Leslie Sansone workouts. Today's exercising was more about building consistency that anything else. I knew I could do 10 minutes twice a day, and I did it. Tomorrow (8/25/20), I will do 15 minutes in the morning and 15 at night.

I'm determined to end this month with another loss. This will be the first month I've ever had a loss every week of the month. Can't wait til Friday!
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Options

@Gidgitgoescrazy I hope your back feels better soon. Did you hurt it exercising?

I guess I just slept wrong one night, it's been hurting off and on for a week, but would go away once I got up and started moving, then on sunday morning it didn't go away and started spasaming, so I am doing gentle yoga, and my PT exercises for it, so it's better but I still feel it, I think I am going to lay off exercise until Sept 1st... Then I will start again but maybe cut it back...

I swear my body just gives me a a big ole "STOP" when I try to exercise more, I can't find that happy place. I seem to have that mind set of, if you aren't working your hardest, and working on it constantly, you aren't doing it right, which is stupid, because apparently exercise is the only thing I actually apply that to... lol

Maybe for Sept my goal will to be to only exercise 4 days a week, and to concentrate more on my food intake and getting that right...

• jugar
    Options
    Happy Tuesday!

We have been having wild thunderstorms overnight and this morning, so hopefully my internet won't die out on me.

I am feeling a bit more back on track - yesterday I got some things done that I have been putting off, and today will continue. Then I got my exercise done. I find that when I am just tracking steps, it is too easy to let that be enough. But it is not. I need to keep up muscle strength, and walking certainly does not do that for me. I feel like I used to at work when there would be 100 emails a day. I had a fantastic folder system, and I would diligently sort all the emails into the various folders, feeling virtuous and like I had accomplished something. But none of them was answered or dealt with! So yeah - time for the heavy lifting. Or at least moderate lifting!

Only one weigh-in due today -- @CM_73 Hope you're doing great!
This discussion has been closed.