WaistAways Team Chat - August 2020

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,089 Member
    Options
    We have our first 2 new members for September! Prepare to welcome @spyro88 and @FatSlayer1016 I'm sure they'll have a great time with us.
  • graceojo999
    graceojo999 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @jugar

I apologize, I know I have been away for a while. I havnt been recording on the app and I have also gained some weight back. I had too many deadlines to catch up with. I am back to healthy eating and would like to continue on the group if that’s ok. Thanks
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar

I apologize, I know I have been away for a while. I havnt been recording on the app and I have also gained some weight back. I had too many deadlines to catch up with. I am back to healthy eating and would like to continue on the group if that’s ok. Thanks

Of course! I am glad your deadlines are calming down and you can take some time to keep healthy and lose the extra weight. Since you have missed all the August weigh-ins, give me an updated weight on Sunday (I think that was your usual day, right?) and you'll start fresh for the September challenge, which starts August 30th. Let me know if Sunday is not right, or if you want to change days. Welcome back!
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    @jugar I'll plan to restart in Sept.

I need to increase my iron intake, but I also need calcium. Ca inhibits Fe absorption, so I'm planning 1/2 day high Ca & 1/2 day high Fe. I'm still in planning stage, but I'll start next week.
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @jugar
    Sorry for not weighing in this week, I have so much going on and decide to take a break from the group. if its okay I would like to start back up for the October challenge.

No problem! And you can still feel free to drop by from time to time if you miss us :wink: Keep well!

Missing you all already, stay safe talk soon
  • evangsimmons170
    evangsimmons170 Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Welcome to a great group of folks, @FatSlayer1016 :)
  • jugar
    Options
    I just found another one! @PlaneMonkey will be along soon too. It is always fun when some new people join us :smiley:

Welcome @FatSlayer1016 - we're neighbours! I'm just across the border north of Vermont, and my sister @evelynladams527 is in Windsor VT. It sounds like you have gone through all kinds of wonderful and difficult things - I hope you can get back to the wonderful soon. We'll do our best to help!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,260 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Another day is over. Hope yours was a good one. My day was fine. Got in a good walk with the little one. We found terracotta tiles on a neighbor’s trash. So we reclaimed them, brought them home, and painted them. Our theme this week is “colors”. Weird, the walk felt a little tough today. Got home and checked my Fitbit and had 8 minutes at peak. Usually mostly cardio. Not sure what’s up with that. No candy eating today so that’s good. Still doing this intuitive eating experiment so we will see where that gets me.

Welcome to our new members. So glad you joined us. Great team.

@evangsimmons170 You have a great plan. I cheering you on for a month of losses.

Talk to you tomorrow.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, another new member here. I am Jess, 31 from the UK. Nice to "meet" you all!

I've been overweight for most of my life really. I lost some weight with myfitnesspal a few years ago only to put most of it back on again, so I'm here to lose and try to maintain it this time. I'm on 1520 calories a day and I try to get to the gym a few times each week. So far so good!

A bit more about me generally, I work for a charity and in my spare time I enjoy art and have my own studio which I share with some friends. I also love the sea and live very close to it which is amazing :)

I live with my fiance of 2 years so I would like to lose a bit of weight for the wedding and also for possibly starting a family :)

Looking forward to getting to know you all
  • jguldi11
    jguldi11 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the new members! You will certainly find lots of support and inspiration here. If not for this group I'm sure I would have given up months ago.

I've not been logging my foods lately. I'm still cautious about portions and trying to make healthy choices, but for some reason the thought of logging things seems overwhelming, when it never was before. Not really sure what's up with that. Anyone see success even after not logging? I'm sure I'll get motivated to log again eventually. I used to find it fun, I'm not sure when it became a chore.

Yesterday I walked Lola around the back yard to get my steps in. We may do the same today if these thunderstorms calm down. So far she doesn't seem bothered by the storm so that's good! My neck still isn't 100% yet so I'm not doing much physical activity other than walking and yoga for now. I did a hip hop workout video last week and while it was fun, I really regretted it the next day. Maybe by next week I'll be feeling good enough to add in more activity again.

It's going to be another long day at work, and an even longer one tomorrow. Oh state audits, no one likes you 😣 lol
  • Gidgitgoescrazy
    Gidgitgoescrazy Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    So I started taking this medication in late July to help with quitting smoking, well I now remember why I stopped taking it last time, it makes my heart race, and gives me anxiety.. It works well for the 1st month or so, then it's not so good... So I will stop taking that today, and go it my own... I bought a book that is supposed to be a game changer when it comes to quitting, so I will read that once I finish my current book..

Back is still bothering me, I might even go see the chiropractor today.. we shall see...

I am excited for Sept to start, because I feel like I did really bad during August... not sure why I think that way, I DO NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT !!! I don't think I will ever realize that...

Welcome to all the newcomers, it's a great group..

Anyway, Have a fabulous day !
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    PW: 179.8
    CW: 180
    2 lousy days of eating last week - got as high as 181.2 so I am very pleased with 180 was hoping to at least get back to 179.8. but oh well. Been increasing my activity since I am not very good at resisting food. Last night walked over 3 miles just so I could eat those cheesecake squares.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Send some good vibes my way if you've got any to spare. I have to go in person to see my doctor tomorrow and the closer I get, the more depressed I feel.

In brighter news, we tried some of the beef sausages I won in that farm pack and they were amazing. I usually dislike sausages but these had basically no fat or filler in them, so I was very happy. We're going to try the burgers tomorrow after I get home. But will they be as good as my home made ones? Hmm.
  • micki48
    Options
    Sending you good vibes @terytha Hope your doctor visit goes smoothly. Don't worry. They are going to be so impressed with how hard you have worked to lose this weight. You KNOW you did it in a healthy way. They are just checking on you. In any case, hope all goes well. The sausage sounds yummy. I'm sure the burgers will be just as good, but probably not as good as yours.

@Gidgitgoescrazy We believe in you and know you can do this. Quitting smoking is one of the best things you can do for yourself. I know you know that. But the addiction is real. My sister had a heart attack and by-pass heart surgery and she STILL smokes! It's ridiculous. She said she would rather smoke and a few years taken from her life. Feels crazy when she tries to quit. I don't know as I've never smoked, but I know her family wishes she would. They all have. Good luck!!

@jguldi11 Good for you getting those steps in with Lola. Hoping your busy days at work are a little less stressful than you expect. Hang in there.

@spyro88 Welcome to the group. We are happy to have you here. You have found the right place. So much support here for this journey to health that we are all on. Enjoy the ride.
  • micki48
    Options
    kslg4yo7wxze.png
    AUGUST STEP CHALLENGE ~ WEEK 3 RESULTS

TOTAL TEAM STEPS - 385,463
    a82w6klw6z5a.png
    STEP STARS

1st - @jugar 78,198
    2nd - @SMcFall0215 72,455
    3rd - @KellyBgetsfit 72,122

Steppers meeting their weekly step goal:

@SMcFall0215 - 7/7!!!!!
    @micki48 -6/7 days
    @jguldi11 - 5/7 days
    @Gidgitgoescrazy -6/7 days
    @BaileyCat88 - 5/7 days

GREAT STEPPING EVERYONE!!!

6dujisil3a25.png
  • jugar
    Options
    @PlaneMonkey
    Another Canadian! Yay! We are quite a few - I'm in Québec, and there are a few in Alberta.
This discussion has been closed.