This September I Will...

Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,995 Member
    Options

I see a lot of you do yoga, and it reminded me of a Gentle Chair Yoga video I was doing for a while. I think I'm going

Cedar disks!

@MadisonMolly2017 I'm glad to hear your hip is feeling better! I have to tell you, when I read your post about "wallowing", I smiled all the way through it. I really appreciate you taking the time to write such insightful advice. I do need to focus on what is and let go of what is past. I need to start being grateful and acknowledging the small good things and not being frustrated when I don't reach the whole big picture goals right away. I really appreciate you.

@PackerFanInGB Thank you so much ! Your comment meant so much to me❣️ I’m glad they were helpful!!

Re: cedar disks - fabulous idea I know I would use some for painting!

I will look up Gentle Chair yoga
    Yesterday I did a GENTLE arm/shoulder Yoga & about 7 hours later pain in right shoulder that lasted through our hike & drive home. Still twinging some.
    I’m not giving up but I see I need to begin with 5 mins...
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,799 Member
    Options
    And happy Sunday my friend! Hope everyone is having a fantabulous amazing day!!

@MadisonMolly2017 that is quite odd about the yoga suddenly causing different parts of your anatomy to be in pain. Perhaps it is only pointing out to you areas that need some strengthening and stretching because they "could" become issues if left unattended?

@nebslp took a photo of one of the small candles I made from old wax to give you an idea. They are nothing fancy. Just recycling.

I am happy to report that I am staying OFF the roller coaster and the weather is FINE here in Central Tx. KKkaaaachink! Oops - I may actually need to go do that as I have been so busy being out in the Chamber of Commerce weather today that I have neglected to move a marble. ;)

When I was riding yesterday I was surrounded at points by butterflies playing. Some Gulf Fritterary and some monarch. I always want to take a photo but it’s hard. I did snap one. But the most wonderful thing was that I turn my music off as I get close to the river overlooks. I saw a large white egret in the river and stopped to watch him. Then I noticed β€œsomething” else in the river a couple yards from him. It was under the water mostly but I could see a kind of square brown back so I was wondering if something was stalking the bird? It was fun to watch as a crittur emerged from the water with a big fish in it’s mouth. And only when the tail came out could I see it was a very LARGE raccoon!!! Something I have never seen fishing before and so cool. Of course I did not get a photo but you can imagine.

Summercheckinin

rx0j2hrjo0w5.png

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Thanks @SummerSkier!

I think it’s because I just began yoga !

Everything is healing nicely. I will do a much more gradual introduction going forwards!!

LOVE egrets & LOVED your raccoon 🦝 story!!!!

Have a lovely day!
    Maddie
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    listening to the rain this morning... wish I could go back to bed.

Kachink for 20 Sept.... I will.

bONsleepyrainygottawork
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,781 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. Crazy weekend. Saturday working at BIL’s house, getting it ready for sale, which is emotionally draining for my husband. Sunday - sick pup to Animal Urgent Care - she is better, but my restful Sunday certainly didn’t happen. Very thankful for the access to vet 24/7.

@SummerSkier , I loved your ride with the butterflies, heron, and fishing raccoon. 😊 thanks for sharing!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    I have to say the YMCA balance I Will’s are changing my life.

I’m at drastically more peace. I’m meditating daily & in addition, listening to many other guided meditations while I read/comment on MFP Or make art.

I’m creating art for hours & catching my internal voice

Because of the above, my eating is very clean & my weight is reducing day by day & the decrease in inches is showing.

I am SUCH a believer in baby habit changes. You plug along day by day & then realize how many are now just you now. And that always feels like a miracle to me.

Know you are loved more than you realize by many!

Hugs,
    Maddie

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyone’s posts. This is such an uplifting group of amazing individuals! So busy here...a visit with my sister Friday with a hint of poison ivy rash on my neck, full blown rash face and neck on Sat, urgent care Sunday, Walmart pick up this afternoon, and then picked up grandkids and will have them for the next 2 days. They’re really great kids so I’m looking forward to the week but will be missing here. Definitely will catch up on Thursday for sure. My eye is still pretty swollen but the rash is a little better and no more itching so it’s all good. Thankful for prednisone.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @nebslp
    I’m SO sorry to read about your rash. I’m so glad prednisone is helping!

Wishing you the best of times with your wonderful grandkids & we’ll see you later in the week❣️

πŸ’Maddie
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Good Morning from Beta outer bands... LOL. Yes it's drizzly again but not raining as hard as yesterday so managed to get my run in. And on a positive note my injured knee is now once again my good knee. LOL. It's rough when your bad knee has to bear the brunt of everything for a few weeks.

@MadisonMolly2017 I am SO happy to read your updates lately. It is so easy in this over hyped news environment to go down some pretty ugly paths but you seem to have found a wonderful balance that works for you.

@texasgardnr hope that you are not having as crazy a time latey as some of the others had last weekend.

@nebslp well poison ivy just sucks. I had it a year or so back on my lower legs above the ankles and tried about everything. I did not remember the blisters going so deep when I was a child so maybe it was poison oak or something else? I tried everything of course except Rx. I ended up going with the pink calamine lotion for the win. LOL. And in 30 yrs since I had it they now have SPRAY versions. :) Enjoy your week and thanks for checking in. Was beginning to worry a bit about you MIA.

@77tes sounds like your weekend was pretty stressful also. WOW. Glad pup is ok tho without major issues. Emergency vets can really help quickly when needed. Hope that school is going well for you as the week starts!

@packerfaninGB can I give you SOME of the water which is pouring from the sky over Tx today please? It would help with your goals eh? B):#

For sept SummerSkier 9/21 Kachink goes the marble !!!! i might be getting better at this or perhaps the habit is starting to stick.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am hopping on quick before I run out the door. I have an appointment to get my hair cut/trimmed and the gray colored and it needs it bad!

yesterday I got to take my mom shopping and then to lunch for her 77th birthday. First time ever that I have been able to do that! we have lived in different states most of my adulthood. So that was pretty cool!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
    1. My goal for this month (This September I will..."): Drink half my weight in ounces of water
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: I will keep my teal stainless steel 25 oz water bottle next to me and make sure I fill it at least 3x daily. :
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I'm done with my morning coffee, I will put cup in sink and grab the teal water bottle.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) Daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks reinforce the habit you are trying to build.) Updated: Each day I drink half my weight in water, I will sit down and spend 30 minutes reading for fun!
    6. What help do you need from us? It would be really great if one of you could come stay with me this month and whack me with a yard stick whenever I start whining or feeling sorry for myself! :mrgreen:
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? My fingers will be less swollen and hopefully I will be able to wear my wedding ring again. πŸ’

9/3: πŸ₯›
    9/4: πŸ₯›
    9/5: πŸ₯›
    9/6: πŸ₯›
    9/7: πŸ₯›
    9/8: πŸ₯›
    9/9: :naughty:
    9/10: :naughty:
    9/11: πŸ₯›
    9/12: :naughty:
    9/13: πŸ₯›
    9/14: πŸ₯›
    9/15: πŸ₯›
    9/16: πŸ₯›
    9/17: :naughty:
    9/18: πŸ₯›
    9/19: πŸ₯›
    9/20: πŸ₯›
    9/21: :naughty: (Too much coffee and soda bumming with mom today!)
    9/22:
    9/23:
    9/24:
    9/25:
    9/26:
    9/27:
    9/28:
    9/29:
    9/30:

fvbq2wum0hd8.png

• SummerSkier
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I hope your hair came out perfectly!!! I am due to get mine highlighted on Friday and I am waiting 14 weeks now between appts which is 2x as long as I used to. But honestly I think it's OK. I know it takes my stylist a little longer since it has grown more but I feel safer not going so often. and you look to be doing very well on your tracker! Glad you had fun with your mom.

@nebslp how is the rash coming along? Hope it is drying out nicely by now and way past the itchy spready stage! Are the grands still there? Did you guys do anything exceptionally fun with them?

Hope everyone is doing well and Sept is being kind to all! Happy First day of Autumn yesterday. I missed the sunset sadly due to rain and clouds ... But Beta is moving off east so even though it's cloudy and cool for Tx it's at least not raining!

Sept I will... Off the rollercoaster continues. And happy to report that I can start increasing my cals again now that my knee is recovered and I can run! KKKKkaaaaaaaa CHINK!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    9/1 to 9/20 πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Racing to the Finish Line! I am very, very happy to have found habits that are working so well for me. Weight continues to slip off, which is a dream come true.

9/21 πŸ‘
    9/22 πŸ‘
    9/23
    9/24
    9/25
    9/26
    9/27
    9/28
    9/29
    9/30

@SummerSkier
    Glad you are able to run againπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ YAY!

My walking is getting easy again (after almost a week of healthy air.) normally I can’t wait to get out for my walk. The first 5 walks were not fun. Glad to be back to normal & a bit surprised that even with ex bike, walking around the house (but fewer steps), yoga etc, that it was difficult when I started up again. If fires or unhealthy air occurs again, I WILL purchase a treadmill, so I can continue my walking practice for the rest of my life.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've not done well the last two days with getting my water in, but today I'm already half way there so I think today I'll be able to say "winning!" :mrgreen: Yesterday I was just short because I walked into the hair salon and could smell the flavored coffee and couldn't resist a cup. So, there sat my water looking all lonely... It sure felt good to see my stylist and catch up with her. I've been going to her for 10 years. I met her on my 50th birthday when my daughter took me for a "girl day" of pampering and have been going to the same girl since. I have been going only when I absolutely cannot stand it anymore and need it cut, so about once every 2-3 months.

@SummerSkier Congratulations on being able to run again! That must feel amazing! What was wrong with your knee? I have bone-on-bone arthritis w/spurs on my right knee and am really struggling with getting activity in. That will be my October goal, I think. Even just a 15-minute walk around the block to begin with would be more than I'm getting now! It's pathetic, I know. πŸ€¦πŸ»β€β™€οΈ

@MadisonMolly2017 Good for you that you are approaching the finish line! That is so exciting! I am really determined, now that I am retired, to build a new routine that includes building healthy habits so that I, too, can finally lose some weight, gain some muscle and be healthier! You are such an inspiration!

I hope you all have a great day!
    1. My goal for this month (This September I will..."): Drink half my weight in ounces of water
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: I will keep my teal stainless steel 25 oz water bottle next to me and make sure I fill it at least 3x daily. :
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: When I'm done with my morning coffee, I will put cup in sink and grab the teal water bottle.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) Daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? (Small positive feedbacks reinforce the habit you are trying to build.) Updated: Each day I drink half my weight in water, I will sit down and spend 30 minutes reading for fun!
    6. What help do you need from us? It would be really great if one of you could come stay with me this month and whack me with a yard stick whenever I start whining or feeling sorry for myself! :mrgreen:
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of September? My fingers will be less swollen and hopefully I will be able to wear my wedding ring again. πŸ’

9/3: πŸ₯›
    9/4: πŸ₯›
    9/5: πŸ₯›
    9/6: πŸ₯›
    9/7: πŸ₯›
    9/8: πŸ₯›
    9/9: :naughty:
    9/10: :naughty:
    9/11: πŸ₯›
    9/12: :naughty:
    9/13: πŸ₯›
    9/14: πŸ₯›
    9/15: πŸ₯›
    9/16: πŸ₯›
    9/17: :naughty:
    9/18: πŸ₯›
    9/19: πŸ₯›
    9/20: πŸ₯›
    9/21: :naughty: (Too much coffee and soda bumming with mom today!)
    9/22: :naughty: (Went with flavored coffee instead of my last 12 oz of water. Boo.)
    9/23:
    9/24:
    9/25:
    9/26:
    9/27:
    9/28:
    9/29:
    9/30:

35tt28mchtta.png

• SummerSkier
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 so happy to hear that you are back to your walking! It's the same for me. I was not able to really run for 5 weeks altho I did walk and do some biking, and when I started up again I felt like a lot of my breathing was lost. :# It has come back quickly tho just like your walking!!! I hope that for now the fires and smoke stay away. And WOW. still on the downward weight trend? Have you moved your maintenance range? How are you doing on your protein #s?

@packerfaninGB I would go with the coffee too. I never drink plain water as it makes my stomach sloshy. If I drink water I add MIO drops to flavor. I have been going to my hair stylist for maybe 20 yrs plus. We are the same age so I have followed her around from place to place. She lives fairly close by so she never has a location too far away. I like that she has her own "room" which to me seems somewhat safer altho of course the ventilation systems are all tied together. I could tell you about my knees but it would take a novel starting in 1978 in gymnastics and moving to snow skiing and other fun events. However the most recent event was when I decided to set up an obstacle course in the bedroom for me to trip over in mid August. You would think having just had a great weekend running (a 10 new personal record followed by a 5) that I would be ulta careful but no... I managed to sprain the left knee which has always been my GOOD knee pretty badly. Heard a loud POP and crumpled onto the bed, Waited about 10 minutes to see and luckily I was WEIGHT bearing without too much pain so self diagnosis LCL sprain. 4-6 weeks to heal. About exactly right. OK I am sure that is way too much writing for Hump day afternoon when I should be working..

today's funny. I saw this on my walk and my first thought was, that charger is NOT going to do the trick here!

d4uib24oazgb.png

and then there was THIS a few weeks ago also.. My neighbors are funny.

p12cy75stlk8.png

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    9/1 to 9/20 πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Racing to the Finish Line! I am very, very happy to have found habits that are working so well for me. Weight continues to slip off, which is a dream come true.

9/21 πŸ‘ ACEMP
    9/22 πŸ‘ ACEMP
    9/23 πŸ‘ (ACEMVP) = art clean exercise mindfulness veggies protein
    Had the best idea (for me), I haven’t been eating enough veggies even though I love them! . They don’t work with a couple of my meals. SO, in a flash, I realized...prep them at my lunch & take them in my walk! Every day. [Creating a new habit (veggies) on existing entrenched habit (lunch/daily walks)]

I did it today & it was AWESOME! 🌢 πŸ… πŸ₯•

This is a turning point for me- I can feel it!!
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰β€οΈ

Steps Average (9/17/9/23) 10,557
    Yay I thought I was still below 10K

9/24
    9/25
    9/26
    9/27
    9/28
    9/29
    9/30
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 that's quite an insight and lightbulb moment you have had. I should have seen that before when you were telling me your protein was so high. I eat a "LOT" of veggies and I love them also. So that explains to me what was going on. I wonder if another gal I know who gets a lot of protein % also doesn't eat many veggies. hmmmmmm :*

What I have found to be life savers are those microwave in bag broccoli and cauliflower. Sugar snap peas. Edemame, and tomatoes. Mixed together with some of my favorite low cal dressings. Yo yo mama has a wonderful series and BOOM. Lunch. And for dinner Baby spinach mixed with a bunch. My snacks are usually carrots and apples which I prepare for Bandit but hey - he doesn't mind sharing. right?

Good Morning my habiteers!

ChaCHINK!!!! for 23 Sept and off to work. (ok - I have to get up and go to my work computer... LOL)

bONneedmorecoffeeandSUNSHINE

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    There are SO many things I want to respond to, but tomorrow is another day. Just saying I charted 0000 things Sunday-Wednesday except ipad off Wed night so I have lots of catch up work today. I had lots of fun with the kids but now it time to get busy on my Craftsy classes again. I'm 4 days behind on my free motion quilting but don't have the energy to do much tonight so I might just watch one and work on it tomorrow.

I'm thinking about October goals and trying to figure out how far I can push myself and still be successful. Only one week left in September and I want to finish it out the best I can.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @nebslp
    Sometimes we do better in the long run by not pushing ourselves?! What is you thought of your October goals as β€œgentle stretch goals”, -and if you do more... Great!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    ]9/1 to 9/20 ACEMP πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

17th L

20th L
    9/21 πŸ‘ ACEMP
    9/22 πŸ‘ ACEMP
    9/23 πŸ‘ (ACEMVP) = art clean exercise mindfulness veggies protein
    Had the best idea (for me), I haven’t been eating enough veggies even though I love them! . They don’t work with a couple of my meals. SO, in a flash, I realized...prep them at my lunch & take them in my walk! Every day. [Creating a new habit (veggies) on existing entrenched habit (lunch/daily walks)]

I did it today & it was AWESOME! 🌢 πŸ… πŸ₯•

This is a turning point for me- I can feel it!!
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰β€οΈ

Steps Average (9/17/9/23) 10,557
    Yay I thought I was still below 10K

9/24 πŸ‘ LACEMVP Veggies worked great again on hike! Added legumes (L) 2X per week.

9/25
    9/26
    9/27
    9/28
    9/29
    9/30
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    my question is what is the difference between Legumes and Veggies?? B)

Sept 24 not a great day but Sept 25 back to it.