Downsizers - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,687 Member
    Options
    I just got home from a 2 hour walk ...I walked further today a little over 5 miles but not quite 6 ...I will be doing Zumba Country in a little bit :) ...It feels so good to be working out again ..I have missed it so much ....Scale this morning said 237.9 instead of 238. something ....again I am blaming it on the exercise because I am precise with my food in the kitchen .. I am not in the least frustrated so that is a good thing :) I hope everyone is having a fantastic day :)
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Username: missgyst
    Weigh-in day: Wednesday
    Previous weight: 207.6
    Current weight: 206.6
    Loss to date: 25.2

Good afternoon everyone, happy last day of the month! I can't believe it's already autumn and less than 3 months until Christmas! I started my family's secret Santa exchange a few days ago, but I don't know where my days since June have gone. :s
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    missGYST wrote: »

Good afternoon everyone, happy last day of the month! I can't believe it's already autumn and less than 3 months until Christmas! I started my family's secret Santa exchange a few days ago, but I don't know where my days since June have gone. :s

Great loss .....I love this time of month where it gets cooler and the leaves change ... :)
  • leeniekat
    leeniekat Posts: 145 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Great loss .....I love this time of month where it gets cooler and the leaves change ... :)
    Absolutely! I'm so happy that it's back to the perfect weather to get out and walk a few miles in the evening. I missed that so much during the 90+ degree days! And thank you! <3

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I love my early morning walks with 1 of my dogs (Aspen the Husky) :) my GS has an ear and hip problem so he isn't able to go with us ..
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Steps
    9/28 8,542
    9/29 10,125
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    STEP CHALLENGE

Sun 9/27: 1,962
    Mon 9/28: 17,556
    Tues 9/29: 23,399
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    9/28: 8107
    9/29: 6652

My goal is 7k but I just didn’t have the energy to get out of bed and do 350 more steps. I need to start checking before I go upstairs for bed
  • azkunk
    Options
    STEP CHALLENGE

Sun 9/27: 1,962
    Mon 9/28: 17,556
    Tues 9/29: 23,399

You sure do hustle! Impressive steps 🤩
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    One more Downsizer - the family is growing! Welcome @darleenturner :heart:
  • azkunk
    Options
    So, the scale is headed down today and I am now 0.5 over instead of 0.8 over last weeks weigh in. I am bummed out because I “only” lost 6.8 lbs in September but lost 7.6 in August. I know that’s foolish and 6.8 is great but it has me in a funk because I am up this week. Hopefully, tomorrow is down more and I am net negative by Friday.

I have trust in the process and will keep following my plan. I know it will turn around.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Welcome to this uhhhhhhhhhhhmazing team @darleenturner ...Happy to see you here ... I hope you enjoy being here like I have :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options

Hi all
    Sorry I am late.

The last I weighed was on Monday and it was 237.9

I am trying to understand myself more and I am physically and emotionally exhausted with the binges for the past 2 weeks .

It is frustrating Especially when you do well all day and struggle all night .

Hope everyone is doing well and congratulation to all who lost weight this month.
    For those Who haven't today is a new day to start.
    Xx

I can relate to this. Binges are very exhausting. I too do well all day and have my binges at night. I was diagnosed with binge eating disorder over 2 years ago. I did therapy and it made all the difference in the world. I am not cured by any means and lately I have been struggling. I find it is a vicious circle. I tell myself that I won’t binge tonight but it happens. I then start all over again. The key is I try everyday. I learned in therapy some of my triggers that leads to a binge. One of my biggest is stress. When I learn to mange my stress I do better. Hang in there. It is a hard thing to deal with and it hinders weight loss. As long as you keep trying everyday you are doing your best.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I just got home from a 2 hour walk ...I walked further today a little over 5 miles but not quite 6 ...I will be doing Zumba Country in a little bit :) ...It feels so good to be working out again ..I have missed it so much ....Scale this morning said 237.9 instead of 238. something ....again I am blaming it on the exercise because I am precise with my food in the kitchen .. I am not in the least frustrated so that is a good thing :) I hope everyone is having a fantastic day :)

Awesome job! What kind of Fitbit do you have? I know you said you set it to workout for a walk the other day. Mine picks up the type of exercise I am doing.

missGYST wrote: »

Amazing loss! Oh boy, I need to start Christmas shopping soon. I can’t believe it is less than 3 months away. Also, Thanksgiving is only 2 weeks away ( Canada).

azkunk wrote: »
    So, the scale is headed down today and I am now 0.5 over instead of 0.8 over last weeks weigh in. I am bummed out because I “only” lost 6.8 lbs in September but lost 7.6 in August. I know that’s foolish and 6.8 is great but it has me in a funk because I am up this week. Hopefully, tomorrow is down more and I am net negative by Friday.

I have trust in the process and will keep following my plan. I know it will turn around.

Remember, 6.8 pounds is a little over 1.6 pounds a week. That is am amazing rate of loss. You may have had more sodium than usual and it could be accounting for the small spike on the scale. Try to drink extra water over the next 2 days to see if it helps.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I have a Fitbit Versa ...I do have a walk tab under exercise I have used it a few times but I like the workout tab better ..Workout tab seems to give me more steps then the walk one ....but I do not get the mileage when I do the workout one ...The walk one gives a pace which to me is confusing and the burn was was down compared to the workout ... I know they are all estimates but I do like the workout tab the most :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I have a Fitbit Versa ...I do have a walk tab under exercise I have used it a few times but I like the workout tab better ..Workout tab seems to give me more steps then the walk one ....but I do not get the mileage when I do the workout one ...The walk one gives a pace which to me is confusing and the burn was was down compared to the workout ... I know they are all estimates but I do like the workout tab the most :)

Be careful with the amount of calories burned. By selecting workout when you are actually walking may give you an elevated number of calories burned. You do not want to end up eating more than you actually burned. I let mine sync with mfp. That way all the math is done for me. I also try not to eat more than half my calorie adjustment. I found if I do eat more I end up gaining weight. Obviously, I have not done too well with that lately as the binges have consistently put me over.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Mine with not sync with MFP and hasn't for a few years now ...I do all my workouts to the workout tab ..thanks for the heads up though... :)
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Downsizers!

My name is Anna and I'm really excited to be a part of this group! I've hit a little bit of a plateau recently, but I'm very competitive so I'm hoping this challenge will help me mix it up and start losing again!

A little about me: I'm 29, recently married, and I have an adorable great dane named Dudley. I love to play softball and recently really into hiking.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Case0099 wrote: »
    Hi Downsizers!

My name is Anna and I'm really excited to be a part of this group! I've hit a little bit of a plateau recently, but I'm very competitive so I'm hoping this challenge will help me mix it up and start losing again!

A little about me: I'm 29, recently married, and I have an adorable great dane named Dudley. I love to play softball and recently really into hiking.

Welcome to an amazing awesome team Anna...I hope you love this group as much as I have .... Also if you would like to join the step challenge let me know so I can add your name to the spreadsheet...All you do is walk, hike or any workout ...count your steps and put them in here daily so that I can add them to the spreadsheet...at the end or beginning of each week I tally it up and announce the 3 top steppers ..Enjoy our group ..Don't hesitate to ask questions ..wishing you much success :)
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting md join your group.

Hi All my name is Darleen and I am 52 with a few disorders which have made it hard at the moment to be as active as I usually am. I live with my disabled husband and special needs son and work part time. My weight has increased over the years which hasnt helped my health. I am desperate to get this weight off as put nearly 2 stone back on during lockdown. I live in the North East of England and we are on local lockdown so I can go to work but not see family and friends at present. I am a compulsive eater and worse at night and eat whether happy, sad and rarely loose my appetite. I never feel full so have to remind myself that I have eaten and shouldn't need anymore to eat. I am part of a women's group called wild women adventures and normally do a lot of activities with them but on hold at the moment. Was swimming but thats on hold as limited availability to get into pool at the moment and just been diagnosed with arthritis in my neck and one of those swimmers who does breaststroke with their head above water. Sounds all gloom but I am someone who is always up for a challenge and someone who won't give up.
This discussion has been closed.