darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 thanks for the recommendation
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,571 Member
    Options
    Case0099 wrote: »
    Hi Downsizers!

My name is Anna and I'm really excited to be a part of this group! I've hit a little bit of a plateau recently, but I'm very competitive so I'm hoping this challenge will help me mix it up and start losing again!

A little about me: I'm 29, recently married, and I have an adorable great dane named Dudley. I love to play softball and recently really into hiking.

Oh no, the dreaded plateau. Keep on following your plan and it will pass. Sometimes mixing things up can help us push through them. Welcome to the team and congrats on your recent wedding!

Thank you for letting md join your group.

Hi All my name is Darleen and I am 52 with a few disorders which have made it hard at the moment to be as active as I usually am. I live with my disabled husband and special needs son and work part time. My weight has increased over the years which hasnt helped my health. I am desperate to get this weight off as put nearly 2 stone back on during lockdown. I live in the North East of England and we are on local lockdown so I can go to work but not see family and friends at present. I am a compulsive eater and worse at night and eat whether happy, sad and rarely loose my appetite. I never feel full so have to remind myself that I have eaten and shouldn't need anymore to eat. I am part of a women's group called wild women adventures and normally do a lot of activities with them but on hold at the moment. Was swimming but thats on hold as limited availability to get into pool at the moment and just been diagnosed with arthritis in my neck and one of those swimmers who does breaststroke with their head above water. Sounds all gloom but I am someone who is always up for a challenge and someone who won't give up.

Welcome to the group! There are a few of us in the group who have trouble with nighttime eating. I personally have binge eating disorder so I relate to the nighttime eating. This group is wonderful for offering help when needed. If you need any suggestions to help with any of your struggles ask the team. I have found great support in help in trying to stop my binges. I love swimming also. That would be hard on the neck to do breaststroke like that. I haven’t been swimming in awhile also due to the COVID situation. I love you attitude and as long as you don’t give up you are a winner in my books.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Where is everyone from

I live in southwestern Ontario but I am originally from Newfoundland. I have been living in Ontario for 21 years but I will always be a Newfie at heart.
  • darleenturner
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 thank you
  • darleenturner
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I love Ontario went there about 12 years ago. We went to Niagara then up to Barry, then to Algonquin for a week and then stayed in a cabin for a week by a lake and then back to Toronto for a few days before flying home.

I am planning to come late next year as want to take my husband to Niagara Falls and Toronto and then flying to Nova Scotia to stay with friends.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to being part of this group this month. I am 43 and live in the Boston area. I am married and have 2 kids, a senior pup and 2 cats. I am currently still on furlough from my job and home schooling the kiddos 3 days per week. I thought when I was furloughed this would be the time to finally dedicate to myself but it has been 6 months and I have gained 7 lbs instead of losing. I have exercised more this year than ever but I can not get myself to track and stay consistent with my eating for long. I really want to see changes with the efforts I am putting into working out.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 I love Ontario went there about 12 years ago. We went to Niagara then up to Barry, then to Algonquin for a week and then stayed in a cabin for a week by a lake and then back to Toronto for a few days before flying home.

I am planning to come late next year as want to take my husband to Niagara Falls and Toronto and then flying to Nova Scotia to stay with friends.

You will love Nova Scotia! People from the Atlantic provinces are super friendly. If you get a chance to visit Newfoundland it would be well worth your time.

rlaskey2 wrote: »
    I am looking forward to being part of this group this month. I am 43 and live in the Boston area. I am married and have 2 kids, a senior pup and 2 cats. I am currently still on furlough from my job and home schooling the kiddos 3 days per week. I thought when I was furloughed this would be the time to finally dedicate to myself but it has been 6 months and I have gained 7 lbs instead of losing. I have exercised more this year than ever but I can not get myself to track and stay consistent with my eating for long. I really want to see changes with the efforts I am putting into working out.

Welcome to the Downsizers! I used to go to Boston a lot as a kid. We have family there. Well done on increasing your exercise. If you stay on course with your eating and tracking you will see the pounds come off. Tracking can seem time consuming at first but once you start building up your foods it will get faster.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone from

Portales, NM.
  • darleenturner
    Options
    @rlaskey2 we met a lovely young couple from Boston on a cruise we went on for my 50th birthday. We are still in touch and hoping to come visit them one day.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    s4b1h30956wu.jpg
    Making sure I get my steps in
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Exercise: 1hr15 minute walk total 2/5
    Water: ✅
    Steps: 12,098 2/5
    DBF: 8

My soup was absolutely yummy yesterday. I think cooking it in the crockpot was better than any chicken soup I made on the stove. Today is meal planning day for the next week(grocery flyers come out today). I am going to try a new recipe again next week. I really love Pinterest.

I definitely over did it on my leg yesterday. It was all I could do to keep from crying on the walk home from my second walk due to the pain. I made a doctors appointment for tomorrow as I can’t handle the pain for another 3 weeks until I get my ultrasounds done and get the results. Every day it gets worse. The pain, I limp now, the swelling, the numbness, my foot getting cold and I get headaches from either the pain or whatever going on with my leg. Between that and my shoulder I am really finding it rough. My shoulder is improving with physio but it has away to go. It really sucks because my exercises are limited right now. I guess I am just getting old! 😂

On a positive note, I will be soon off the insulin at night. I am now taking 10 units every night and no medications. Before I started losing weight my A1C was off the charts, I was taking 2 medications and 88 units of insulin. This is my best NSV ever!

I hope everyone has a great day!

Goals for week
    1. Walk at least 35 minutes 5x/week
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. 7,000 steps 5x/week

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question
    Have you tried any new recipes lately? Tell us about it.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,214 Member
    Options
    One more Downsizer! Megan is doing such a great job recruiting that you all are ending up with quite the team :smiley:

Welcome @lcfa5317 - have a great time!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,687 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 thanks for the recommendation

You are so welcome Darleen ...wishing you the very best :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Welcome to our amazing team @lcfa5317 ....I hope you love this team as much as I do ..Do not hesitate to ask questions :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Question
    Have you tried any new recipes lately? Tell us about it.

I am in love with my Pancetta , white cheddar spinach fritta that I recently made... it was new to me last week and I will be making it again today ....
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I am off to walk the town .....Be back later to do the steps :)
This discussion has been closed.