Replies

• mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Monday check in:
    Met my weekly weight loss goal (yay!)
    Habit tracker complete:
    -64 oz H2O
    -walked 30 min (had to separate it but combined >30 min)
    -12,000+ steps (had to march in place for 7 minutes before crawling into bed, but hey, whatever works!)
    -tomorrow’s meals planned and prelogged

@lenka1 my family is from Stare Hamry, someday I hope to visit

@Cafelelia I also have started some closet cleaning/shopping. It’s nice to have “new” clothes. Soon I’ll have to go to the basement and start going through the totes of clothes!

Happy September tomorrow!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    debbiewsharpe
    Monday
    PW 128.8
    CW 128 LTD
    LTD 46 lbs.
    goal zone 125-129
    127 is my "magic number" - the number I use to stop eating sweets and get back on track!

step total 22,109
    busy this morning then Dentist appointment this afternoon, I hope to catch up with everyone tomorrow!

• Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well today was a Monday for sure had some issues getting some contractors squared away to dig. Four wheeler I use for the long pipeline project I have going on had flat tires which was kinda a blessing since I got more steps in by walking but getting on and off the four wheeler every 100 feet for a mile gets a lot of steps too 😂. Had to kick a pipeline guy off the pipeline project so he wouldn’t run over my flags and destroy them all (again).

I did get off early and it wasn’t too bad a day just a bit crazy. Food wasn’t the greatest but was still under my calorie goal set by MFP Going to plan a better day tomorrow for meals.

I did have a little NSV had to go get a new belt today mine was on the last hole and was getting a little lose 😊

Also a pic from the badlands trip I did with my friend not last weekend but the weekend before 😊

gkoaqzt8f4wf.jpeg
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Monday’s check in. Yes Its Tuesday. Im still figuring out how to post here.
    I was over my step goal at 13560.
    I had just under 1400 calories and only 20% carbs.

So I did well!!
    It was a hectic day. I had to work over and then hurry to get my daughter to a volleyball game. And they were repaving my road right in front of my house. My daughter had said we had to leave by 20 after. So I’m stuck behind a flagger until 9 after. Basically I kinda yelled at both flaggers because I had to go around. Whipped in my neighbors drive because I couldn’t get anywhere near my own and walked to my house. It was 22 after and my daughter acts like I’m crazy and shrugs her shoulders. She said we have time. Lmao and I’m panicking. 🙄 Then I ended up at my moms while she stayed for the other team games and raided her fridge. So staying under calories and not eating carbs was an accomplishment. 😁
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    @Melzz19 -

Love the NSV! I'm still on the last notch on my belt, and I'm honestly a little relieved I haven't had to purchase a new one yet. A trip to the store means pain for my wallet.

@kandi3570 -

Post here however makes sense for you! Feel free to post check-ins on the day, the morning after, every couple days, once a week... It's a world of possibilities.

I never manage to stay within my dietary goals whenever I raid anyone else's fridge. I usually have the rationale of "these calories don't count if I didn't pay for the food" and shrug it off, haha. Good on you for managing a stressful situation without overdoing it!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    08/31 steps 7231
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    I have had a busy start to September and way behind on my support of this great team. Welcome to the new members @long_for_me and @kandi3570. I have been here only a month and am still trying to get the hang of it. It is a great group! Congratulations to all the winners in August. I had no idea that I actually helped the team, I thought my ups and downs was hurting.

@minstrelofsarcasm
    Great goals for September! I can’t even imaging 1.5 gallons of water, good luck and I feel positive that with your positive mindset you will reach all of your goals. Pulling for you!!!! Love your thought processes, I need to go to someone else fridge and graze.

@pacsn6
    Chemo and a diet, you are amazing! Prayers for the 15 pounds you want to lose and for your treatments and recovery.

@TeresaW1020
    Thanks for the Habit Tracker, if helped to keep me focused in August and will continue in September.

@mainbeachbum
    Welcome to the team, I have only been here 1 month and still figuring my way around. Breaking the ankle and losing weight is certainly a win. Great goals for September. Good luck. I am also on the habit tracker. 22.8 pounds is a great loss, congrats. LOVE that your walked in place to get those steps in. I do that often. When I am near a big number I just have to reach it. OCD

@x¬X_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Congrats on your 22.9 pounds lost. Your story is amazing, eating disorders, migraines and dieting must be hard but you are handling like a champ. Good luck on your continued success.

@Cafelelia
    Good goals for September! I am trying IF and managed 15 hours for 2 days but may drop it back a little and slowly work my way up. Getting rid of the clothes is a great idea. I was a yoyo dieter because I knew I could go back to the bigger clothes. I finally got rid of them all and now when I gain a pound or two I know I need to cut back. Good luck on the school year.

@ljdanny
    Great walking, good to be in this part of the challenge with you.

@CassieGetsFit2013
    Nice loss and good luck with your appointment. As far as the memory, I am also dealing with that. Lots of lists and apps on my phone for reminders. I use Alexa for timers when cooking.

@kandi3570
    Yes indeed, if I can do it you can too! Stick with your goals, stay away from the pop, and keep up with the walking. You WILL succeed. The volleyball story was hilarious.

@melaniedscott
    I pray that your doctor’s appointment goes well and that the dizziness is something easily
    treatable.

@KUMEcyclingteam
    Loved the picture, sure looked like a relaxing day. Congrats of reaching your fist goal and Good luck on your second goal! I look forward to getting to know you.

@Melzz19
    Congratulations on your engagement, exciting time for you. I love your active lifestyle and all the fun outdoor activities. Good luck on reaching our goals this month. You JOB sounds like FUN. Love the new belt NSV.

@hope002
    Thanks for the information about the app and the youtube video. I am giving it a shot.
    I managed 15 hours but may set my goal for this month at 13.

@KristaJC
    I hope to get to know you better.

@Brown6267
    I am enjoying the walking challenge with you. I got a LOT of steps last month, it will probably be less in September but I will keep on trying.

@sleepymom5
    Good job on the planning and logging and 14 hour IF. I am trying that this month, we will see how it goes. Routine and consistency sure is the KEY!

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @debbiewsharpe Thanks for the prayers.
    I was actually hoping that I would lose weight on chemo like most people do but it never made me feel sick. Actually my appetite improved and I was eating everything I could get my hands on, somehow maintaining my weight through that. Since the doctor changed the regimen to keytruda (immunotherapy not chemo) my appetite is back to my usual low appetite so not eating as much. I just hope the cancer shrinks with this stuff and everything else gets back to normal.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    Good day yesterday and it was a busy one. My meals were on plan, I was definitely following my hunger and fullness queues. When I do that, I really do stop eating earlier than anticipated and realize that some portions are too large. It is something that I continue to work on. I cut my younger son’s hair in the backyard at the end of the day. The barber shops are open, but he does not want to go. He squirmed a lot but I managed to give him a decent haircut. Still working on my older son and his electronics habit. Like many teens, he became overly reliant on electronics for his social life during lockdown. We will get there. Hockey is starting for the boys, although we are still waiting on official protocols from their league. Like school, it brings mixed feelings of uneasiness and normalcy all at the same time. Hope that everyone has a good day!

@pacsnc6 - I have been been praying for you too and will continue to do so. I loved hearing about your 50th!
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Woot, shiny new thread (where on earth is the year going??). Welcome to our new members x

@sleepymom5 - that's totally my kind of cooking, any kind of shortcut, readymade version possible is good with me. I love pesto but have never made it from scratch lol. Hope you have fun geocaching - I always fancied giving that a go.

@CassieGetsFit14 - memory loss is a common yet under-mentioned symptom of anxiety and similar disorders so probably a connection in there. I'm useless at remembering things as well - though it's very selective, I can perfectly recall something from 10 years ago but trying to remember what I went into the kitchen for? :D I do lists, lists and more lists. Good luck with your appointment

@KUMEcyclingteam - looking good ;) nice to see you back

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    week - 1
    PW - 175.4
    CW - 177.4

That's ok, I was expecting a big gain as have been eating junk all week. Been a very low mood week so have been kinda hibernating. I have a bad habit of using this to spiral into nasty guilt/shame patterns so this time am just going to let it go. As my therapist keeps trying to tell me, sometimes you need to be a bit kinder to yourself :) It's a new week, new month and all that. Think am going to go very low cal/clean food for a day or two as I like to have a bit of a reset and then just back onto the normal plan. Hopefully the numbers will be going back in the right direction next week!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food-logged and on target
    Water-80oz
    Exercise-walked 30 min, PT

Great day yesterday! Fun too! I was proud of myself at lunch. I stuck to my plan at lunch, I got a lobster salad sandwich served with fruit, it was delicious! I did eat the whole thing but...get this...I stopped half way through and checked my hunger. I was still hungry so I ate to 3/4 and checked again. Still not full so I ate the rest. I was satisfied not stuffed when I was finished. For those who don't know me too well yet, this is something I am working on. Usually I blow though the meal, I am stuffed and forgot I was even supposed to be checking my hunger scale.

Busy day today. I am heading back to Pa until Thursday afternoon. I have to get my haircut and Daisy needs to get groomed. (I had the wrong date last week for Daisy's grooming). I want to get a bike and kayak ride in before I leave. I also want to get a few things done around the house so I won't get out until later this afternoon. I will check in with you all tomorrow xo

@minstrelofsarcasm Thank you for taking the time to tag the entries in your blog. All I can say is Wow! You are amazing girl! I actually copied some parts to send to my son Dan. His good friend was diagnosed with MS a little before you were. I think what you wrote will help him understand a little better although I know everyone is different. The bruschetta didn't happen, my friend couldn't make it but I have the recipe saved and will definitely make it at some point.
    @Cafelelia I am glad you were able to rest and reset in August. I know you have a good plan moving forward. Let's have an awesome September! I am sure the boys are excited about hockey starting up. I am glad they are finding a way for the boys to play safely. I know they have missed playing and you have missed cheering them on.
    @1theresamcvean I sent you a message with my starting weight earlier this am. I was hoping you would get it quicker. Love the post! Perfect for the new month!
    @mainebeachbum Fantastic day yesterday! I have marched before bed to get my steps in too! Lol!
    @debbiewsharpe You are almost back to your magic number! Hope you have a great day!
    @Melzz19 Your job sounds so interesting! Love the pic from your hike with your friend. Beautiful!
    @kandi3570 What a great day! Keeping it all together with the stress of the construction! Give yourself a pat on the back girl!
    @pacsnc6 Prayers that this regimen shrinks the cancer. Sending hugs too of course!
    @podperson01 You should try geocaching. It is a lot of fun and depending where you go, great exercise. I makes hiking a lot more fun Lol!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5 -

Aw, shucks! Thank you! If your son, or his friend, need someone to chat to about it, feel free to send them my way. I've noticed that a lot of us young folks don't want to chat to anyone born before 1980 about MS because there's a completely different stigma towards it these days. I'm not necessarily hip to the lingo of the cool kids anymore, but I'm still "with it". And also, I'm a scientist, so I've done oodles of research about my condition - I've enjoyed chatting with my neurologist about recent studies regarding MS.

But yeah, when you make that bruschetta, I'm formally requesting pictures. And if it turns out tasty, I'll also be needing the recipe. Please, and thank you.
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    @hope002
    Thanks for the information about the app and the youtube video. I am giving it a shot.
    I managed 15 hours but may set my goal for this month at 13.

13-14 hours is a good start. If you feel like you can't do it, try low carb for a few days (no flour and sugar). It really helped me. I'm still doing high fat low carb most days
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Mon and Tues check in
    I haven't been counting calories. Just trying to eat more mindfully and watch carbs and get in more protein. Doing ok with it so far.

Not enough water and no exercise. Gotta get back to working on this!

When my boss asked if I wanted any extra OT, I told him I would do the mandatory OT but didn't want to do any extra this week. I said my body was tired and I needed a break. He laughed and said he understood. Hopefully we won't have to work Friday night because then we will have a 3 day weekend for Labor Day.
  • debbiewsharpe
    Options
    It has been a great Tuesday. I walked 20,858 steps and it is not bedtime yet. We grilled chicken tonight, new red potatoes, corn on the cob, slaw and french bread. I did NOT prepare a dessert. I made a deal with myself, if I do well all week I will bake my favorite lemon pie this weekend. I had blackberries for my snack tonight. If I put my steps down for the whole week, I am assuming that it will be for August 30-September 5 and I would list each day on the 5th? Who do I check with to see if reporting weekly is OK? I always get several hundred more steps after reporting each day. I cut the computer and phone off while watching TV with my husband.

@pacsnc6 I sure hope and pray the immunotherapy is just what you need. Just make sure that you eat enough to keep your body healing. I don't think I have ever had a time of low appetite.

@Cafelelia
    I am still in my childhood mindset of cleaning my plate! I need to use hunger as my guide. I think I will start using a salad plate instead of a dinner plate, that usually tricks my mind into making me think I had a whole plate full of food. Teens and electronics, especially these last 5 months. I think a lot of adults are also addicted to phone watching. Good to hear that the boys will be able to play. Enjoy it!

@podperson1
    Every time we turn that calendar page we are getting a fresh new start. You can do it!

@sleepymom5
    second person tonight talking about letting hunger be our guide. I REALLY need to remember that. Hope you got your bike and kayak rides in today.

hope002
    I am cutting back on sweets this week so that should help with the carbs. I will plan for 13 hours this week. I will try to stay busy tonight so that I won't think about eating, In the morning I am fine, once I have my coffee. I can easily wait until 12:00 to eat.

tryingagain5
    good that your boss understands and has a sense of humor. I am sure you will get back on track. Where there is desire, there will be results.

• mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check-in:
    Habit tracker 3 out of 4 today: drank my water, walked 30 min (21+26 minutes), and prelogged for tomorrow. I got 11,022 steps so not quite 12,000 today.

Kind of a “meh” day today, nothing bad happened, but I’m not full of energy. It was a beautiful evening walking the dog tonight, but I just wanted to get inside to go to bed. I was tired yesterday, too. Last night after I checked in here, I started to read and woke up sometime later asleep on my iPad! I have no idea what I read! Guess I’ll do that page again tonight! Lol. Anyway, I hope it passes soon!

I made me chuckle to see that other people have a touch of OCD and also will march in place to meet their step goal. 😊
  • kandi3570
    Options
    Update for Tuesday. I did well today 1100 calories and 12023 steps. Some of you are so active! 20000 steps! Congrats @sleepymom5.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @debbiewsharpe
    My boss is a pretty good guy. He talks about being tired too and he's only 33. I've got a lot of years in him!😊

Thanks! I know I will! Just have to start doing what I know works for me.
  • kandi3570
    Options
    I had more to say but my phone freaked out! 😂. I have to check out your blog sometime @minstrelofsarcasm.
    my Tuesday we got the post in for the covered patio. So one less construction thing! And that means the real work can start. Unfortunately it’s going to rain for a few days. My daughter is off on a family retreat with my mom for the next 5 days. I’m not sure what I’ll do with myself. But potentially I could get a lot done! I hope everyone has a great day tomorrow. 😁
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Today was good in terms of food and I got some work done finally. It's shaping up to be a good week.

I've always been a goal setter on Labour Day. They say it's the new New Year and I've always thought so. I guess it depends what part of the world you're in and whether school goes back and the weather eases off with the heat and humidity gone and cool evenings settling back in. That's what it's like here in Toronto.

The start of a new month is such a joy here. I just love reading everyone's introduction stories.

Big congratulations to @debbiewsharpe @Melzz19 and @KristieJC for leading the team in August! That must feel great. Congrats @goingape for four straight weeks in the green in August!

@debbiewsharpe The step totals go from Sunday to Saturday, and as I was away last week, I fell behind on reporting back/congratulating the team. Look out for that tomorrow morning. You are officially in goal zone and I'll send you a message this week in regards to that. I like that you turn off your technology every evening. That's such a good habit.

@mainebeachbum Great goals for September. Isn't being a grandmother great!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I'm so happy that you've got a nice balance going on right now and the migraines aren't being triggered.

@pacsnc6 Happy Anniversary. I'm glad you had a nice celebration on Zoom and in real life. I love Ruth's Chris Steak House and haven't been for years.

@sleepymom5 Great goals and I do love hearing about your mindful eating. I did that at supper tonight. I had sushi and sashimi and weighed out a certain amount, ate it, felt good about having a little more. Now I have some for lunch tomorrow from what I saved. I so wish I could get out on a kayak. I normally do every summer but this summer was unusual to say the least. Your start weight is duly noted.

@Cafelelia I loved your post about balance and a sustainability plan. That's such a good way to look at it. Good luck editing your closet. I need to do that but it's not in the cards for September.

@twyla77 Great to see you back this week! A maintain is great. Hope you were enjoying the late summer.

@ljdanny Great goals for September. You've got this! I can just hear it in your voice.

@CassieGetsFit2013 Hugs to you and I hope your appointment went well. The testing with the psychologist should be interesting. I had that done once when I was in my twenties and the psychologist was so kind and thoughtful when he gave me the results. I remember being really interested even though, in the end, I already knew those things about me, just not in such an organized and official way. I hope you like both doctors. Let us know how it went.

@kandi3570 Great goals. I love your profile pic. You have a radiant smile.

@melaniedscott Good luck at the ENT and let us know how it goes. I really feel for you and am sending good vibes your way.

@KUMEcyclingteam I really missed your sense of humour. Welcome back for goal #2!

@mainebeachbum I can just picture you running between the telephone poles. That's the spirit...take care of your ankle too.

@Melzz19 I love reading about your job and adventures. Thanks for the badlands pic.

@KristieJC Think of your weigh-in as a maintain. You've had two great months in a row and fluctuations are part of the journey. You've got this!

@podperson1 I love that you're just letting that weigh-in go. I go up and down by amounts like that a few times a week and have been learning not to let it stop me. I love the concept of consciously being kinder to yourself. You deserve it!

@tryingagain5 Good to hear your boss was understanding. Now you can rest easy with your decision. That will go a long way to getting the sleep you need and to putting yourself first. It's funny that he says he's tired too and he's just 33.

Good night all!!
This discussion has been closed.