Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Options
Beka3695
Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
8rx1i4uzyq0d.jpg

Here is your Team chat room for September 2020. This is where you weigh in every week, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post every day, and help each other succeed!

We have six great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Beka - @Beka3695
Teresa - @TeresaW1020

[Our Team Captains:
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @TeresaW1020
Trimstones - @mulecanter and @jessicakrall8
Weight No More - @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm
Waist Aways - @jugar and @micki48
Shrinking Assets - @Boehle and @beka3695
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

Our Team Motivators:
Mission Slimpossibles - @AustinRuadhain @katmary71 and @raleighgirl09
Trimstones - @Emmajhare and @angmarie28
Weight No More - @GingerPwr
Waist Aways - @Terytha and @conleywoods
Shrinking Assets - @hipari
Downsizers - @Marigorringo and @Megan_smartiepants1970

HOW IT ALL WORKS:
Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail! At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also track those small, steady losses with the Green Week count. If you lose, however small an amount, it counts for 1 week in the green. The total will be by month, and cumulative - so you can really rack them up and get to your goal even if you never hit the top of the leaderboard.

In an effort to recognize accomplishments, we are using an optional addition to the weigh in format called LOSS TO DATE or LTD. Please just leave this new line off if you do not want to participate. Here is the new format:

Username
Weigh In Day
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):
LTD (Loss to Date):

If you need a week off, a break, a change of weigh-in day - just ask your Captain here on your team chat page. If you take a break, you are moved to the Support Team. If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to ask if you are travelling, sick, or just needing some time off. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions and weigh in if you want to, but your weigh-ins will not be counted on the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the elite Goal Zone! After hitting your goal, you need support to stay there, and you can help your teammates join you. You must continue to weigh in every week, and if you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited August 2020
    Options
    Hello again, everyone! So weird to be in (almost) September already!

For those of you who haven't met me yet: Hi, I'm Ashley. I recently became one of the team captains with the magnificent @1theresamcvean

For those of you who have met me already: Hi, I'm still Ashley, your second favorite current team captain.

Summary of Me: I'm 25 as of yesterday, a chemical engineer (so very much about the science when it comes to my health), diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in December 2019, and trying to stay both positive and realistic when it comes to getting healthier. And as of today, I'm in the process of auditioning to become a spin instructor!

If you want/need/desire more info, I have a blog of my health-venture (health adventure) so far: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/minstrelofsarcasm

If you need a new friend, reach out via message or send me a friend request. I do my best to be a good support for those who are struggling. But we're all human and sometimes we're so absorbed in our own crises that we don't even recognize the hardships of others, so let's all just be kind. :blush:

I am minstrelofsarcasm
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays

Last Recorded Weight: 166.2 lbs (August 27th)
    Loss to Date: 67.8 lbs

Intentions for September:
    • Maintain good habits from August
    • Transition into the fall without drinking a latte a day
    • Lose 0.5-1 lbs per week
    • Drink 1.5 gallons of water per day
    • Go for walks as often as possible to enjoy the sunshine before it disappears
    • Provide support and positivity in this lovely community
    • Explore the wondrous and mysterious world of muscle recovery

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    My name is Patsy, 67 years old, married 50 years to my high school sweetheart. We have two grown children with two teenage grandchildren, one is 17 and the other will be 19 in October.
    I never had a weight problem until into my 40s. I weighed barely 120 at full term each time I was pregnant so I can't blame it on that. I think it was sitting at a desk most of the day working in an office and drinking too much soda. Since switching to zero calorie drinks about 2 1/2 years ago, I have lost 20 pounds. I'd like to lose 15 more. My doctors would prefer I hold off on that for now. I am still tracking my food intake and staying pretty much stable with my weight right around 160.
    I was diagnosed with cancer in the liver in March and had chemo for three months, then was switched to immunotherapy drugs and hoping it works better. The chemo contained the cancer so I guess it did part of its job. The new drug is supposed to target the tumor more.
    I usually check in here every day to see how all of you are doing with the pandemic and with exercise and weight control.
    Welcome to the newbies.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Kicking off the September weigh ins - it's me:

xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 253.9 (115.2 kg)
    CW: 253.0 (114.8 kg)
    LTD: 22.9 lbs (10.4 kg)

Weight still up from where I was a month ago, but I've been lifting weights 5x week and with the Creatine loading I know it's not fat. Probably just muscles retaining water, maybe a tiny amount of muscle gain with the return to heavy lifting. But running a calorie deficit it's not that likely.

My intro:

I'm Kristy, I'm 41 and live in Auckland, New Zealand. I've been married for 18 years this month, and have four children - girls aged 17 and 11, and boys aged 15 and 11. Yes, I have 11 year old twins. I'm a Technical Writer for my day job and work in Payments Compliance, and I am also a qualified Personal Trainer. My older two kids play basketball and I volunteer as a coach and/or manager, plus my 15- and one 11-year old referee, so when Covid isn't stopping sports it gets busy. Two of my kids are also on the autism spectrum,

Most of my life I have been obese, and by my early 30's I was super morbidly obese. Weight Watchers and then MFP helped me lose 160+ lbs (73 kg) which I maintained for a few years, but I had health problems, I injured myself, suffered from anxiety and depression, and was diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder which wasn't a surprise, and Anorexia, which was. Somewhere along the line healthy eating and 'everything in moderation' turned into some very disordered thinking without me realising it. I wound up gaining a lot of weight back, and had to go through a lot of therapy before I was allowed to think about losing weight again.

I've been logging regularly since February and focussed on slow, healthy weight loss. I also suffer from severe migraines with some food triggers, so I'm very careful in when, how and what I eat which is pretty normal for around here I think!

For September, my goals are to continue with the good routine that I'm in - exercise and calories seem to be balanced quite nicely at the moment and I'm not triggering migraines so I'll just keep going as is.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    We had a very nice celebration yesterday for our anniversary. Our son and daughter arranged a Zoom party with my mom and brothers and sisters (there's 9 of us) scattered all across this big country (USA) so we got to see and talk to some for the first time this year. And some family friends popped in too. Then they took us to Ruth's Chris Steak House for a fabulous dinner. Of course I overate and had two desserts! but it was soooooo good.

I am fortunate that my cancer treatments have not interfered with eating anything I want. My major side effect from the drugs right now is itching. Benadryl is my best friend!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited August 2020
    Options
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    pw 126.8
    cw 128.8
    looks like I need to eat light today. I am still in my maintenance range though. I try to stay between 126-129.

@debbiewsharpe
    Hey Debbie! You're currently on the weight loss team, would you like to be moved to the Goal Zone since you're focusing on maintaining rather than losing?
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,460 Member
    Options
    Wow! September...I do love reading the intros in the beginning of the month :)

About me
    Hi! My name is Pam. I live in the suburbs of Philadelphia. I have been married 30 years and have 5 children 28-20. I also have a golden doodle named Daisy. I am a nurse but retired at the moment. I am still trying to decide what I want to do career wise. I like to spend my summers at the Jersey shore, that is where I am now. I usually gain over 10 pounds when I am at the shore because I eat and drink like I am on vacation. This is the first year that I actually lost in June and July. August I went off course but I am finishing the month strong. I will have a gain but not as bad as the previous years. I am still at a loss for the summer over all. I am trying to find the positives Lol! I am going to start September strong and have a great month. I will remain at the shore as long as possible, at least through September.
    My weight story
    I was never overweight although I always thought I was fat growing up. I gained A TON of weight with my pregnancies and ended up at 221 lbs. Unfortunately that ended up being my heaviest even when I wasn't pregnant . At the end June of 2012 I decided I either had to get serious and lose weight or accept that I am obese and live my life. I got a fitbit and joined MFP on July 1, 2012. Since then, I have gained and lost 30 or more pounds quite a few times. I have never gotten back to that starting weight but I have gotten close. Although I haven't been as successful with my weight loss as I would like, I have learned a lot. I eat so much healthier than I used to. I also am in good physical shape, I love to hike, walk, kayak and bike. Actually anything outdoors I usually enjoy. I do have a home gym which has a bike, treadmill, elliptical, weights and a few other things. I want to enjoy exercising and not have it be a chore. I am always looking for fun, new workouts. I had some hip and knee issues for the past year but I am happy those are much better. I continue to do my PT exercises and stretch so they don't return. These physical issues are a reminder of why I need to get this extra weight off.

The present
    As most of you know, the end of March and April was a struggle for me. My husband was on a ventilator in the ICU for 13 days. He was in the hospital a total of 19 days and then rehabbing at home. He is doing much better now and things are back to normal. This was a stressful and scary time and unfortunately I coped with eating. I was surrounded by food as this is how many people like to help and I caved. I gained TEN pounds in April. I did finally get back on track in May and had a successful June and July. I can do the workouts I love at the shore, riding my bike, kayaking and walking on the beach. September is a quieter time at the shore and I am hoping to use this time to focus on myself and build some healthy habits to bring home with me.

My September goals

1. Plan and log my food everyday
    2. 30 min cardio at least 5/7 days
    3. 8,000 steps/day
    4. Strength 2/7 days (T/Th)
    5. PT and Stretching 5/7 days
    6. At least 64 oz water daily
    7. 7-8 hours sleep each night
    8. Get in habit of working out early in the morning
    9. IF at least 14 hours 5/7 days

I have realized a big part of my issues is overeating. I know it doesn't sound like a revelation to many but I have really been trying to tune into the mental part of what is going on with my eating. I always thought I had a big appetite, turns out, I really don't. I could probably cut my food consumption for lunch and dinner in 1/2. I don't know how to really put this into a goal since I think this is something I will be working on for a long time.I need to get it into my consciousness while I am eating, not after I scarfed my meal down. For this month I am going to remind myself to slow down and stop eating at 1/2 and 3/4 way through my meals. I also need to work on saying no to myself with snacking if I am not hungry. This is not something I am going to solve right away but I really think if I get a handle on this, my weight will go down.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    pw 126.8
    cw 128.8
    looks like I need to eat light today. I am still in my maintenance range though. I try to stay between 126-129.

@debbiewsharpe
    Hey Debbie! You're currently on the weight loss team, would you like to be moved to the Goal Zone since you're focusing on maintaining rather than losing?

Hi Ashley and Debbie, I have had it on my to-do list to move Debbie to goal zone. More to follow :blush:
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,460 Member
    Options
    Check in for Saturday
    Food- Logged and under
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise- 30 min bike ride

Since I caught up last night with everything, I am keeping this short. I am getting out to enjoy this beautiful weather today. I have a friend who is coming to dinner this evening so I am going to attempt to make Pesto chicken bruschetta . Those who have been on this team already know that cooking is not my thing Lol! I am already trying to figure out if I can just use jarred Pesto instead of making that part of the recipe. :D I will let you know how it turns out.

@timibotkin Hope things are going well. Remember we are here if you are struggling. Hope you are off to somewhere fun!
    @hope002 Thanks for the information and advice. I didn't realize it but I am rushing to get to 16 hours. I am going to take your advice and slowly advance.
    @debbiewsharpe It seems like you really have a handle on maintenance. I have told you a few times that I love the balance you have found with eating. I am new to IF but there are a few people here who are more knowledgeable. I use the LIFE app. I had an interest at first from members of this team doing IF. Then I read the Obesity Code which explained more of the science around it and it really clicked. Keep us posted and feel free to ask questions. I have learned so much on this team. As far as the shoes, I wear Asics too. They were recommended to me after I had a few bouts with plantar fascitis. I haven't had a problem since but I am very careful with my feet now. I lol'd with the losing on the feet but not on the butt comment. I am the same way!
    @annliz23 Nice job maintaining!
    @tryingagain5 Funny you said orders are up. I know quite a few people who got new cars recently...Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
    @GingerPwr It was nice of you to pop in. I know you are busy but I am hoping things are getting a little better at school. Love the new profile pic!
    @minstrelofsarcasm It didn't hit me until I read your introduction that you were just diagnosed with MS in December. Wow! You are amazing! You are so active and healthy. I would have had a pity party for a while which obviously doesn't change things. I need to go read that blog!
    @pacsnc6 Your anniversary dinner sounded lovely. I especially liked the idea of the zoom party before! How nice to be able to celebrate with friends and family who couldn't be with you. xoxo
    @mainebeachbum Welcome! I love your name! From your intro I think you will be an awesome addition on our team. Great goals for September! Sounds like you have a good plan for a successful September! :)
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I am glad that your current routine is working and most of all not triggering migraines.
    @JillyBT We will miss you. Remember to come back when things settle down. Hugs!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    JillyBT wrote: »
    Hi @minstrelofsarcasm i am going to drop out. Life is just to difficult for me right now to log and keep up daily and sometimes weekly.

Sending you big hugs, JillyBT...and a PM.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,039 Member
    Options
    Hello WNM! Here on this last day of registration, there are 2 new people for you. Welcome @long_for_me and @kandi3570 !
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    pw 126.8
    cw 128.8

@debbiewsharpe

YES PLEASE, I posted that on our group page awhile back. I know I will bounce up and down by about 3 pounds and don't want that to hurt the team. I love that I can still be part of the team as I maintain.
    I guess I still weigh in but would appreciate my weigh in day to be moved to Monday.

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

My name is Lisa and I am from Toronto, Canada. I live here with my husband and our two boys, ages 14 and 10. I am a lawyer and left a long time career in the corporate world about a year and a half ago to run a part time practice from home. I did this so I could spend more time with my family and have more time to myself. I am a long time runner, but had an injury through 2019 which caused me to slow down considerably on the running. I was just coming back to it when the pandemic hit. I get bored easily with other forms of exercise, but I am learning to try alternatives.

My weight gain started in my mid 30’s with a busy career and then pregnancies. I have lost weight a few times, but fluctuated, although never to my highest weight. I am 5’3” and petite, so it does not take much for extra weight to show. Since the pandemic, life has been stressful for all of us. My particular stress, aside from having elderly family members, was having to homeschool my kids for 4 months (I salute all teachers!) and getting my family through 5 months of strict lockdown here in Toronto. That was not easy with a teenager and it meant taking significantly less work in my business. In person school starts in almost a week, and yes, I am stressed with all of the uncertainty. After some pandemic weight gain, I got back on track in May and June, and lost more weight and built some muscle. I have lost just over 20 lbs to date and would like to lose 10 more to get to goal. I had a good summer and for the first time, did not put on a lot of weight while on vacation. I try to use a balanced approach to fitness and weight loss, and I have consulted with my family physician as well. I do meal and exercise planning, and regular IF. Now that I have hit middle age, I find that IF helps not only with weight loss, but with building muscle and controlling weight gain in my midsection.

Welcome to our new team members and we are very happy that you have joined! Looking forward to catching up with returning members and sending a hug to everyone who has decided to take a break this month.

My September goals:
    - lose 4 lbs
    - Exercise 4x per week: try out a few runs to see how I feel, walk otherwise. Continue with weight training.
    - continue with IF, using a balanced approach
    - Doing a closet edit through the month. When I was packing for vacation, I discovered that so many clothes were too big, which is a nice problem to have. I need to go through my entire closet, item by item, which will take some time. I love clothes, but won’t buy too many new ones until I am near goal.
    - Start a sustainability plan for when I do reach goal. I think that my journey will continue, just in a different way.

Wishing everyone a wonderful September!
  • twyla77
    twyla77 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Twyla77
    Week 1
    Weigh In Day: Sunday August 30
    Previous Weight: 136.6
    Today’s Weight: 136.6

Hi! I’m sorry I missed last weeks weigh-in!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    5pd6wk0wu4j9.png
    57a6cng6pd8p.png
    c8bjw40jhy51.png
    zn49ed0wsby6.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.17%
    2nd Downsizers 0.16%
    3rd Weight No More 0.10%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS