melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    melaniedscott
    week 1
    PW: 210.2
    CW: 212
    +1.8
    That's up some but likely a result of birthday Indian overindulgence (five days of Indian; we decided to do a 6 entree in-home buffet, which was delicious-though probably not healthful, but we did only eat 2/3 of the rice, leaving a quart for me to do sometjing with) and lack of exercise since the vertigo events last week. No cake! I'm trying some walking this week and it has gone okay. The vertigo meds help during the day, I think. Doing well, generally, on my water intake. I've been very fatigued lately and I don't know why. Very irritating, when I'm awake to notice.

Thanks for all the well-wishes!

Welcome to the new ladies! Welcome back to those who were on hiatus!

I'd say more but must fly...have another zoom meeting to get to and the drive to work.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    09/01 steps 7601
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,234 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, Beautiful People!

9sans40troyl.png

I'm paying special attention to all the little things today while I try to counteract nervous anticipation for feedback on my audition on Saturday. Lots of spending 15 minutes doing work, a couple minutes pacing through my apartment, a couple minutes cleaning, and half an hour drinking tea and pretending to be in a meeting while watching the rain fall.

Anyone want to share their most recent NSV? Time to spread the positivity!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    Yesterday was on track overall. I did some IF, exercised and had about 2l of water. For labour day weekend, we have a lot distanced socializing planned here in Toronto. We are not going up north as the family cottage is being painted. So I am planning my eating in advance, and will stick to my max of 2 or 3 glasses of wine per evening. I find it to be a lot less stressful when I plan.

My NSV - 2 bags of clothes that are just too big to wear. I am not done the closet edit yet, and am doing a little every week. There were some favorites in those bags, but I will find some new favorites when shop again. I am putting the bags aside for now, and then when I am done, I will donate it all.

@minstrelofsarcasm - Sending good vibes and I really hope that you get that instructor job!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and on target
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-Bike and Kayak 35 min each, walking 30 min, PT

Not only a good day but I have been on track for over a week now. Today will be a test with the hunger and over eating. I am having my son and his wife for dinner. I haven't seen them that much this summer because he is studying for his CPA exams so he doesn't have much free time. He requested spaghetti and meatballs. This is close to peanut butter territory for me. I am looking at it as a positive, it is going to be a good test of the hunger scale. I also think it would be nice to eat something I love and not feel stuffed and bloated after. I am actually focusing on that part, I don't like that feeling so I am hoping with that thought, it will be easier to stop myself.

My NSV is a weird one but I keep thinking this is a NSV so I am going to say it. The past 2 days I have felt smaller in my midsection. I don't know how to really articulate the feeling. Almost like I feel skinny, as skinny as I can feel at my weight. I haven't felt this way in a long time.

Time to run Daisy to the groomer. Hope everyone has a good day!

@minstrelofsarcasm Thank you! I will definitely post pics and my recipe when I make it
    @tryingagain5 Hope you get that 3 day weekend! :)
    @debbiewsharpe What a yummy dinner! I am really trying with the hunger but it isn't easy lol! I actually struggle because I automatically go to eat more than being hungry. I am not denying my hunger, I am just making sure I am really hungry when I eat. I am also making sure I am satisfied while I am eating to stop. My biggest surprise though all of this is that I don't have as big of an appetite as I thought I did!
    @mainebeachbum Maine is so beautiful and I bet the weather is really nice this time of year! I am glad you enjoyed your walk. I have had those meh kinda days, just keep keeping on. Hopefully it will pass. You are doing great. I also have fallen asleep while reading Lol!
    @kandi3570 I can't post or do anything on my phone Lol! You are much younger than me though. I hope you have a productive time while your daughter and mother are away. Or maybe a little pampering if possible would be even better ;)
    @1theresamcvean I never thought of it that way but I now that I think of it, I do treat Labor Day like a New Years. You always give me something to think about Lol! I am still in summer mode though Lol!
    @melaniescott I am glad you enjoyed your birthday celebration! I have never tried Indian food. I really want to. I do have some tips from others for when I do but I just haven't taken the plunge yet. I think I would like to do a little buffet to have a little taste of each.
    @Cafelelia What an awesome NSV!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello and Happy Wednesday team. My name is Sheryl and I am 65 years old and have two grown sons. I live in a small community about an hour north of Detroit in Michigan. Its the kind of town where people honk when I go out to get my mail. I live in a 100 year old Victorian and just had the house repainted this summer - I'll have to post a picture of the final product. I went from a blue house to a pink house and I love the way it looks.

Anyways, I have been using MFP for many years, but I discovered this community part of the program in around 2016 when I had hip replacement on both of my hips (two months apart). I am now good as new and I am very consistent with my exercise. I also love to dance and I am a clogger and line dancer. We have been able to have a few dancing sessions in the park this summer, but that will probably not be able to continue as the weather gets colder (don't really want to think about cold weather yet!!) But I'm hoping the instructors will be able to get some virtual classes going.

At the beginning of this year I was losing weight very consistently and then I have just seemed to have locked in around my current weight. I am not quite 5 feet tall so I am still probably 10 pounds overweight and just not having enough consistency with my eating. I appreciate the support from you guys and hope that I am able to help support your efforts too.

A few things some of you know about me - I gave up all sweets almost two years ago because I just can't seem to do sweets in moderation. I also have an issue with nuts - and I end up eating the whole container rather than a handful. Although I haven't given up nuts completely, I try to be very careful on allowing myself to indulge! I love hummus and eat some almost every day - in fact it is probably my main source of protein. I actually make some of my own occasionally since learning the recipe off a fellow team member - that was fun and funny as I discovered how a bag of dried garbanzo beans blows up into a HUGE amount! What was I thinking!! So, I have had a lot of fun here and again I am glad you are all here to share in the daily food, exercise and life struggles!
  • lennoncpa
    Options
    @Cafelelia I think I am going to steal your goals for the month! I need to do all of those, including the closet edit (I love your term for that)! The 4 pound weight loss for the month seems very reasonable too and I feel better when I do IF. Yesterday a client came into my office and she is only 4'10" and she just lost 10 pounds and on a short person that is a huge loss! She looked so good so it was a great motivation for me - I am only 2 inches taller than her and I thought how nice I would look with 10 pound less!!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott
    week 1
    PW: 210.2
    CW: 212
    +1.8
    That's up some but likely a result of birthday Indian overindulgence (five days of Indian; we decided to do a 6 entree in-home buffet, which was delicious-though probably not healthful, but we did only eat 2/3 of the rice, leaving a quart for me to do sometjing with) and lack of exercise since the vertigo events last week. No cake! I'm trying some walking this week and it has gone okay. The vertigo meds help during the day, I think. Doing well, generally, on my water intake. I've been very fatigued lately and I don't know why. Very irritating, when I'm awake to notice.

Thanks for all the well-wishes!

Welcome to the new ladies! Welcome back to those who were on hiatus!

I'd say more but must fly...have another zoom meeting to get to and the drive to work.

Melanie, I love Indian food. You did very well having a 'buffet' in the house all week. A lot of the spices are good for you too. Do you think the vertigo meds are making you tired? Just a thought. I think vertigo is utterly exhausting all on its own. All that effort trying to walk straight when you feel like a drunken sailor. Hugs.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    @lennoncpa - Let’s do the September goals together! I am not tall as well, 5’3” and smaller boned. A few extra lbs can really show quickly on us petite people. 10 lbs for us is like 20 for taller folks. One lb at a time, we will get there!
  • lennoncpa
    Options
    @Cafelelia - I'm in - we can do this!!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    My goals for this month to lose at least 3lbs if not 4 nice and steady then I should keep them off.
    Reduce and alcohol it's easier in the winter, more hot chocolate (low calorie) instead. Persist with green traits supposed to be good (still think its yuk) Exercise at least 4 times a week.
  • annliz23
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »
    My goals for this month to lose at least 3lbs if not 4 nice and steady then I should keep them off.
    Reduce and alcohol it's easier in the winter, more hot chocolate (low calorie) instead. Persist with green traits supposed to be good (still think its yuk) Exercise at least 4 times a week.

Green teas it should have said lol
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

@sleepymom5 - I love checking your hunger cues, it's something I try to do but sadly it seems to go out the window more when I have 'treat' food, which is when I need it most! Pasta is def one of my weaknesses, the other week I just had the (vegan) meatballs in the sauce lol.

@debbiewsharpe - that's some impressive steps. I love lemon pie - sounds like a fab reward :)

@melaniedscott - I love Indian so think you're totally allowed it for your birthday (I would have had the cake as well lol). Glad to hear the vertigo is improving slightly, guess the fatigue might be either after-effects or related to the meds? Hopefully it's temporary x

@Cafelelia - I love the term 'closet edit' (I suppose over here it would be wardrobe edit lol), I actually had a big clear out just before lockdown and then the charity shops closed so have had bags sitting the spare room for about 6 months. Now I'm thinking I may need to go back through them and recheck the ones I threw out for being too small!

Didn't realise there were so many of us shorties in here (I'm 5ft2), it is frustrating as I feel like the extra weight looks much worse on me than it would on someone taller. Have been very good the last few days, well under my cals and did my zoom zumba class last night. Torrential rain so haven't managed to get out to run my errands, hopefully be a bit clearer tomorrow!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    Me too! My boss told us last night that we "probably" will get it. Several people clapped and cheered but things change so quickly, I'm not going to get excited until it's a for sure thing.😉
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    @annliz23 - I don't know if you've tried this but I like the flavoured green teas. My favs are a mango one and then a cherry and almond but there are loads out there.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    tryingagain5
    Wednesday
    PW: 205.8
    CW: 207.2
    Gain: 1.4
    Not surprised. I still haven't gotten everything back in check yet. Working on it.
  • annliz23
    Options
    podperson1 wrote: »
    @annliz23 - I don't know if you've tried this but I like the flavoured green teas. My favs are a mango one and then a cherry and almond but there are loads out there.

No I haven't tried them thanks the mango sound good!
This discussion has been closed.