Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean I haven’t been to Canada in so long. I used to live near Quebec City, but I bet it’s been 15 years since we last went! Oh, I take that back. I chaperoned a Boy Scout trip to Niagara Falls about 5 years ago, so I was in Canada for a day, but just barely.

And all this talk about lobster rolls, might have to go find one this weekend!

Thursday check-in
    0/4 habit tracker
    56 oz water
    7433 steps
    24 min walk

I just wanted the night off after cooking supper. I stuck to my prelogged food, no extra snacking, just a bit short on getting the extra stretch goals done. But that’s ok! ;)

You really are an American Canadian. Both @Cafelelia and I grew up in Niagara!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Melzz19 wrote: »
    It’s been a crazy week spent yesterday clearing up my area for locates and helping out another locator with her area. We are contract locators so each of us is trained on a different company I mainly do well pads and pipelines. There’s one other girl who the same company as me but she’s got the area north of me. Then the one I helped yesterday does the main electric lines. Then the last locator does gas lines. I’m the only one who’s trained on all the companies so I can jump around and help others out which I love plus it keeps me busy 😊.

Today was even crazier I had a few large pad locates come in. Also have to get my big pipeline project remarked for survey started tomorrow and finished on Tuesday and two more pad locates. The girl up north should be coming down to help me with the pipeline project tomorrow thankfully I’m so lucky I have great co workers. The project is five miles long and walking doubles it and it’s pretty rough terrain. Going to be getting my steps and exercise in tomorrow. Been doing ok on food not great but not terrible I have been keeping my calories down and can’t wait to see what I burn tomorrow 😅

I may have Labor Day off this year but pretty sure the fiancé is working so may take a day trip to the badlands. It’s hit and miss with which holidays we have off.

@ljdanny
    Awesome loss 😊

@1theresamcvean
    I love the habit stacking idea I accidentally did this two weeks ago starting a new skincare routine after my showers 😂 I might have to try a new habit with this method

@pacsnc6
    That day trip sounds so fun I love museums and always try to go to them when traveling there aren’t many around my area.

@sleepymom5
    Awesome at listening to your hunger cues. I struggle with this too. I’m always hurrying though my meals.

@goingape
    Way to go on finishing week one of the C25K

Accidentally habit stacking is genius. Try it with another thing. I'm going to do a few.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    @cafelelia

Thanks for all your support! I am tired from all the OT I've been doing. Hopefully I won't have to work tomorrow night. If I have tomorrow night off, I'll only have 42 hours this week. That check is going to seem really small compared to all the OT check amounts.😉

I will eventually get there. Just found out the gyms can open on September 9th at 25% capacity and with a mask mandate. It's going to be difficult working out with a mask but if that's what it takes to get me in the gym I'll do it. Too bad I can't go that day, I made a commitment to help out in my church's office on Wednesday's but I"ll definitely be there the next day. Hopefully that will help me get back on track with my eating as well.

That's great, Linda! I know how important being at the gym with your trainer is for you. I ride my bike with a mask and peddle quick vigorously (in joke between me and @minstrelofsarcasm) and am okay. I think it's a matter of how important the task is and how relaxed you can be masked up. I'm pretty sure you're going to be brilliant. Hugs.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great loss @minstrelofsarcasm maybe it was all of that spinning.
    You seem to be pretty busy as well @sleepymom5.

Today was less busy but it will be a busy weekend. I’m still somewhere in the 1100 for my calories today. That’s good, because I really wanted some chocolate. I mixed some milk, cocoa, and peanut butter and mixed it in oats. Just to quench the craving. It’s not recommended it was nothing like a no bake. Or maybe I just screwed it up. Idk. But i wasn’t hungry after, I just didn’t enjoy it much.

I was short on some steps so I just walked back and forth through the house until I got them. I keep my Fitbit on my bra and lord knows I don’t wash them everyday. The underwire comes out. And who can afford that. Soooo I was trapsing through my house swinging my bra in my hand as I walked. The neighbors must think I’m crazy. 😂

Oh and 😂 my measurements are changing so I was looking online at my body shape. I’m obese but I have an hourglass figure. So you know you gotta take those little wins when you get them. 😉
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    goingape wrote: »
    Week one of C25K is in the bag. I’m going to get started on week 2 right away.

I tried to get hubs out with me but his crazy tight calf muscles had him bailing out by the third running rotation. Poor guy. We have been walking for months so I thought it would be an okay transition. I think he just has tighter muscles than most.

@jedaschultz I’ve been having a tough time to getting the month off to a good start too. Here’s to us getting a handle on sept. It’s a month of transitions around here with school etc.

@1theresamcvean I’m going to join in on the habit stacking on Tuesday as that will be my return to routine. I will need to ponder what new habits I want to link up.

@sleeymom5 this Bitmoji has been with me for so long. I saw they had new ones but they didn’t jive with me! ; ) enjoy your lobster roll. Sounds delish.

@ljdanny nice loss!!

Food for this week has been not well intentioned. I think I’m going to be facing a gain although my intention was maintenance. I’m going to do a longer fast today to curb my impulsive eating. So easy to slide back to mindless nibbling.

Hopefully, your husband will try running with you again. He could stretch his calves pre-run. There are a few easy stretches you can find online. Also, if he likes pickles, pickle juice is good for leg cramps. Although, I'm not sure this is officially a leg cramp. I'm just a pickle lover and any excuse for a pickle is fine with me. :wink:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    annliz23 wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean - thanks I will have a look for those teas

They are delicious!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I miss you!

I'm Casey, I'm 43, and I'm in North Carolina. I'm a teacher, and that's why right now, I'm on the cheer squad. We're doing a blend of in person and online work, and every lesson takes about 3x longer to set up. It's been stressful.

I feel myself slipping back into old eating habits, so I really need to get control of my food again. Hubs was just diagnosed with Celiac, so we're changing things up here. I think I might go gluten free with him and see what happens.

Love y'all. I'm gonna try to check in more this month and maybe come back full in October.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Week 1
    Friday
    PW - 148.2
    CW - 147.0

I am very happy with my post-vacation recovery! Post-vacation life is moving super fast though, so I need to stay focused. Hope that everyone has a great Friday!

@GingerPwr - I can’t imagine the extra work and stress for teachers right now. My head is spinning from the procedures that I am receiving from the schools. Take care of yourself and we hope to see you back from cheer squad in October!

@kandi3570 - Fantastic NSV with your changing measurements! Congrats! If you have to swing your bra in you hand to get your steps, so be it! Everybody is getting more casual during the pandemic, so don’t worry about it. Re those oats, you can try that same combo as overnight oats and eat them chilled as a snack. That might work.

@kristieJC - I am so sorry about your MIL and I hope that she recovers quickly. Sorry that you are so busy too. Hang in there and I am praying for your MIL and you too.

• lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Week 1
    Pw: 154.5
    Cw: 152.4

Ltd: 19.6lbs (since May)
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    09/03 steps 14105
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I am several days behind (AGAIN). I think I have walked this week away. I weighed this morning and for the first time in a while I grinned. Yep, well below my magic number. If I don’t bounce back up I will bake something this weekend. I have found out this week that I CAN eat fruit at night to satisfy my craving instead of pie or cake. Each night I remind myself that if I eat a healthy snack on the weekend I might be able to have something baked. So far, the deal I made with myself is working! I am days behind on commenting, I have been reading and I am seeing lots going on with careers, family and of course the tracking, eating, logging, exercise, etc. The weekend is upon us, enjoy it everyone! I hope that I have caught up with all of you and my goal this week is to try to do this daily. I absolutely love reading your journey and identify with many of you. Keep on keeping on…….
    @mainbeachbum
    I am also finding that the habit tracker is helpful. Also good to be walking together, even though we are far apart. Get some rest, iPad is not a very good pillow!

@Kandi3570
    Doing great with calories and steps. I aim for 10,000 steps but from boredom I go outside and walk 10 minutes at the time. Guess I was really bored this week to get 20,000. I was baking when bored but I STOPPED that. Wish you continued success.

@1theresamcvean
    I like the idea of setting goals on Labor Day. Habit Stacking is interesting. Thanks for the explanation, sounds like something we all need to try.

@melaniedscott
    6 day in home birthday buffet sounds great. Hope that your vertigo is better.

@minstrelofsarcasm
    Wow, great loss, hope that it does stay with you. Rest those cycling legs, your body must be talking to you.

@Cafelelia
    Getting rid of the clothes that are too big is key to not going back to them, great job.
    Sharing you goals is great! Sounds like a busy time at your house but also sounds like so much fun, especially with the sports. Post vacation loss- Impressive!

@sleepymom5
    Feeling skinny is an outstanding NSV. Leaving spaghetti (or anything) on your plate is huge. To stop eating when full is something I need to work on. What a VICTORY! You go girl, proud of you.

@lennoncpa
    Nice that your client motivated you. We will take motivation anywhere we can get it.
    I am 5’8” and I can imagine that it would be harder for a shorter person. Good luck with your goals and having a partner in this with you.

@goingape
    Going through the closet and donating is great. Hope the consignment goes well for you. Your September goals all sound doable, good luck with it. Yay, wearing your ring again!!

@annliz23
    Good luck with your September goal. I tried the green tea but found that it was a taste that seemed more like medicine for me. Hang in there, how chocolate weather is around the corner. Love the positivity poster.

@brown6267
    nice stepping this week

@ljdanny
    nice loss, congrats! I have a very old used food scale and am still guess at portions. I bet the new scale will be helpful for you, good luck with it.

@pacsnc6
    I live in Wilson, not far away. I miss the Whirlygig park Wednesday night bands. We went every week with friends and really enjoyed it. I hope that it will start back up next hear. I haven’t been to Smithfield in a long time. I love going to Selma and browsing through the antic shops. Sounds like you had a great day. Maybe when Covid is over we can meet in Smithfield at Cracker Barrell.

@jedaschultz
    Kick September in to high gear, you can do it.

@tryingagain5
    Great that your gym is opening. Ours can open today at 5 PM, only 30% capacity. I don’t know yet if it will be by appointment or not. Hang in there, get some rest on your day off and I KNOW that you will get back on track, I believe in you.

@Melzz19
    You job is both interesting and you get a lot of activity. I bet you burn a lot of calories.

@KristieJC
    Wow, what a busy time for you. Prayers for your MIL and for you. Being far away is difficult. I hope that they let you in, visits here are extremely limited. I hope that you can enjoy this time with your daughter and time away from the daily activities at home. I also read each day but don’t have much time to write. I plan to try to keep up daily next time. A lot happens here in 3 days!

@GingerPwr
    Hello Casey, I am from Wilson NC and a retired teacher and current substitute ( not needed due to remote learning). I pray for the students, teachers, parents, everyone involved in remote learning every day. It is HARD. I have many friends that teach and learning all the new technology that goes with it is mind boggling. Edgecombe county has Internet issues and many with no Internet so they are also preparing flash drives for those students. I sure hope we can get back to normal soon.

@lenka1
    Nice loss this week and total. Keep on keeping on……

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    I did well with my spaghetti dinner! I actually left spaghetti on my plate which is a big deal for me. I listened to my hunger cues and stopped eating.

@minstrelofsarcasm I am home and have a stationary bike downstairs that has an app? that I can be in a class with my ipad. I have stopped doing the classes and just will hop on for 30 min here and there because of the weather. You have really got me thinking about starting the classes again. (The fact that I am paying for them even when I am not using them should be motivation enough but....) I think I may go down today since it is so humid out,depends on if I workout here or back at the shore later. If not, I am definitely going to make a plan for when I return from the fall. Thanks for the inspiration.

I am SO impressed with your self control. My hunger cues are so quiet, and I'm definitely not the best listener... so we don't communicate often. Glad I could have positively impacted someone - I love spin classes more than a human probably should.

@Cafelelia - I think you navigated the unexpected pretty darn well! Good job!

@jedaschultz - Every day is a new day, you got this! We're here for you whenever and if-ever you need the support. Having a strong community behind you can make all the difference. :heart:

@1theresamcvean - That pictures is gorgeous. I love all of the colors! I'm going to miss the sunshine around here.

@Melzz19 - How do you have enough energy for a job like that? I was getting exhausted just reading all of the things you're doing haha

@KristieJC - Sending all of the love and positivity I can muster in your direction - hope everything goes smoothly, I can't even imagine what you and your family are going through. Do what you can, forgive everything else. You got this.

• pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Had a good ride to Smithfield yesterday, found the flea market closed - they're open Friday thru Sunday - went to the outlet mall but didn't buy anything. We missed the museum though. Had an early lunch at Cracker Barrel - grilled catfish Mmmm - and then off to Wilson. The Whirlygig Park was very interesting. A night listening to music and watching them spin would be nice.

We were home by 3:00 so I got some more cross-stitching done. It seems to be taking forever! to get much done. I started this project in April and have only 1/4 of it done. Keep telling myself 18 stitches to the inch is a LOT of stitches.

@debbiewsharpe It would be nice to meet you when we can start socializing again. There are several people in this group from NC. Next summer we should all meet up.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    and peddle quick vigorously (in joke between me and @minstrelofsarcasm)

@1theresamcvean: I ALMOST missed this, and that would have been such a tragedy. Vigorous riding is the only way to ride.

• podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Happy Labour Day weekend to all you on that side of the pond <3

@minstrelofsarcasm - woot, fantastic loss! Must be all that spinning, I'm feeling exhausted just thinking about that many classes :D

@1theresamcvean - the habit stacking sounds like a really good idea, will have to have a think what I can add on to.

@sleepymom5 - I'm super impressed with your cookie and cake discipline - one my major weaknesses is telling myself I'll just have the one and then being unable to stop. It's a work-in-progress lol!

@goingape - well done on the C25K, I'm a little embarassed to admit that I've probably started it half a dozen times over the years and don't think I've ever made it to week 2!

@Melzz19 - I'm always fascinated by your job, it sounds so interesting and varied. Though with the amount of exercise you do for it I'm amazed you even need to lose weight (or maybe it's just cause I'd collapse after a morning lol).

@KristieJC - hope your mother-in-law is ok x Sounds like you have a good plan anyway.

@GingerPwr - we missed you too! Hope you're coping ok, it must be so stressed being in your profession at the moment (especially if you the same issues we have over here where they keep changing the goalposts every other week!). I know it's hard with everything but try and make a little 'you time' - even it's just a half hour a day or something - it really can make such a difference to the stress levels. Hang in there x

@Cafelelia - woot, super fast post-vacation turnaround :)

@debbiewsharpe - you are doing fab, that pie is totally in reach :D

I've had such a bad week sleep-wise, barely getting a couple of hours a night - then last night I went to bed early and slept right through until almost lunchtime (oops!). It was such a good sleep and I'm feeling so much better for it :) Unfortunately I was supposed to catch the bank this morning but ah well, will keep until Monday (to be fair it's nasty rainy and windy weather out so maybe it's worked out for the best.

Have done really low calories Mon-Wed so treated myself yesterday and had some pizza. Instead of going for takeaway bought a super thin base one and added loads of veggies. Not ideal but not too bad and the scales aren't awful this morning. Was going to do a walk this afternoon but if the weather stays like this then may just stay inside and do an exercise vid or something instead.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 133.6
    Today's weight: 133.6
    Weekly Steps: 64,039
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,257 Member
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    The blue is the before picture and the pink is how it looks now!rtkd8szv1a92.jpeg
    a7szs5sd4oe6.jpeg

Stunning
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    @podperson1
    good that you caught up on your sleep. Obviously you needed it. Try to rest this weekend when you can. Congrats on doing well m-w and also Thursday!
    @lennoncpa the house is beautiful, is it where you live? the pink colors pop and make the detail work stand out.
    @annliz23
    love the quote! very inspirational
This discussion has been closed.