Replies

• mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Saturday check-in
    88 oz water
    14,253 steps
    Walked 90 minutes
    Did not prelog

I guess I should have made the prelog goal a workweek goal. I don’t like to prelog on the weekends or days off. I experimented with new recipes yesterday and today. I tend to prelog in the morning once I decide what dinner or lunch “experiment” I’m doing.

Tonight I made the guilt free gourmet Alfredo sauce. It made a creamy sauce but looked more like chicken gravy than Alfredo. It also didn’t have the richness of real Alfredo (no heavy cream, no butter, and about 1/4 of the Parmesan I normally put in my homemade sauce so it shouldn’t have been a surprise,) but overall it was good and satisfying. I cheated on my food diary for tonight. I wanted to watch the Kentucky Derby so didn’t take the time to put it in the recipe builder. I’ll do that tomorrow and make corrections! 😉

The chocolate chips cookies didn’t win today! I had two after lunch, wanted more, but did not give in...even with watching my hubs and son grabbing them multiple times today! My son got my dad’s metabolism, it skipped a generation! He’s 6’2” and I don’t think he’s ever broke 170# even though he snacks on junk all the time. When I was little, the doctors always told my parents I’d probably be close to 6 foot tall based on the growth charts. Ha! Fooled them! Stopped growing at age 13 at 5’7” and started growing outward instead!

Walked my new route again this morning and added an extra mile on the road the runs along the lake. My ankle was pretty sore last weekend after trying to jog so I decided to go more for distance this weekend. The weather is absolutely gorgeous this weekend, too!

Good luck to everyone with kids going back to school!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    PW 123
    CW 124
    Steps
    Sun 17,497
    Mon 7,971
    Tue 12,838
    Wed 3,824
    Thu 16,006
    Fri 13,170
    Sat 21,355
    Total 92,661
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    09/05 steps 12178
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @debbiewswanson
    Great job on all the walking! That's a great idea to call someone while you walk. I bet you go farther and don't even know it. I find when I walk with someone I go farther than if I went alone.

Thanks, I will.

The incentive is nice and I think will benefit mostly the people who already show up to work. I always thought the incentive for going to work was a paycheck but what do I know.😉 Yes. I was surprised too. You have a job, you go to work. If doesn't make sense to me not to go to your job. My dad likes to say "we were put on this earth to work". He's 86 years old and still works doing yard work for someone in the summer. He has slowed down some but he still does quite a bit.

I think you have me mixed up with someone else on the marathon. I'm definitely not a runner. I'll run if something is chasing me.🤣

I will enjoy going back to the gym.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @debbiewsharpe your steps are over the top! You are quite an inspiration
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,314 Member
    edited September 2020
    timibotkin wrote: »
    You would think this would be simple, just don’t put bad crap in your mouth and swallow...

But bad crap tastes SO GOOD!

podperson1 wrote: »
    TOTM has decided to hit me hard (I have very bad periods and am normally on the injection to control them, but with my doctors only really taking emergencies it's run out), so lack of sleep last night due to pain pretty much everywhere...

My husband says any reasonalble adult male should recognize this IS an emergency...so clearly your doctor isn't either a) male or b) reasonable. :) I use birth control than reduces length, flow, etc etc etc and I suspect if I stopped, he would be very sad.

Sometimes, when everything hurts, a short walk or light yoga helps. It might (continue to) hurt but when I'm done, I feel better. Cuddling with fluffy friends would be nice too (I'm VERY allergic but I would assume that to be true).
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member

Tonight I made the guilt free gourmet Alfredo sauce. It made a creamy sauce but looked more like chicken gravy than Alfredo. It also didn’t have the richness of real Alfredo (no heavy cream, no butter, and about 1/4 of the Parmesan I normally put in my homemade sauce so it shouldn’t have been a surprise,) but overall it was good and satisfying. I cheated on my food diary for tonight. I wanted to watch the Kentucky Derby so didn’t take the time to put it in the recipe builder. I’ll do that tomorrow and make corrections! 😉

So I used the recipe builder. What a surprise! A serving was only 56 calories compared to the 120 calories I had logged by picking a lowfat jarred sauce!
  • Zumba_Luvah
    Zumba_Luvah Posts: 410 Member
    @sleepymom5

I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing. And if I lose 10 to 20 more pounds so be it lol. Eventually I will have to figure out how many calories ill need to eat to maintain.
  • tryingagain5
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    Even though you consider your post "cheesy" I'm glad you didn't delete it. I'm sure most of us have heard something similar but a reminder is always good. I don't usually think of myself as an inspiration to others but later find out that I am even when I don't know it.

@sleepymom5
    I guess it's true that we never stop learning. You would think it would get easier. Hopefully someday. Enjoy your evening out.
  • tryingagain5
    Saturday 9/5 check in
    Food: not bad
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: 20 minutes low intensity

Since I didn't work Friday night, I got to actually sleep at night. I slept really well and slept in a little.

Not an overly exciting day. Did a couple of loads of laundry, played on my phone awhile, read for a little while, then felt sleepy, so I took a nap. It turned out to be a 3 hour nap. Guess I needed the sleep.

One of my friends and I took her dog (Jack)to the local dog park. He really enjoys going there. We were surprised at how many people were there, given the holiday weekend.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Saturday check in
    Really quick check in today. I am having a nice a Labour Day weekend so far. Supper out last night went well and big win in sticking to my 3 glasses of wine maximum. Tonight we are have supper out again, and then meeting neighbours for drinks afterwards. I have my meal planned and once again, will limit the drinking. Hope to squeeze in a walk before supper. Hope that everyone has an awesome Sunday!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    ou9puiavi41s.jpg
    dn6ioguzkyab.png
    msmhtcyx3amc.png
    w7pr3lt7i6pw.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.43%
    2nd Mission Slimpossilbes 0.37%
    3rd Trimstones 0.612%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Mission Slimpossibles 22.3 Lbs
    2nd Shrinking Assets 21.5 Lbs
    3rd Trimstones 7.2 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @onward1 3.78 %
    2nd @mmclatchy 3.02%
    3rd @Zumba_Luvah 2.89 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @mmclatchy 7.0 Lbs
    1st - 2 @BethB554 7.0 Lbs
    2nd @PlaneMonkey 6.2 Lbs
    3rd @onward1 5.0 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @wwood008
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @lovethyneighbor
    @kandi3570
    @minstrelofsarcasm
    @KelGen02
    @Jax_Grim
    @happimess01
    @AmyG1982

ivtz5u23la23.png

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,255 Member
    85cmu14m06kz.jpg
    Let's have a great week everyone!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

helpx4q6xoza.png
  • Hi team, I'm so behind on reading posts - I will try to catch up later.

Weigh in week 2
    Weigh day: Sunday
    PW: 253.0 (114.8 kg)
    CW: 252.2 (114.4 kg)
    LTD: 23.8 (10.8 kg)

I had a migraine come out of nowhere last week and it knocked me out for a couple of days. I was under calories for the week though, and exercise-wise I did 3x weight sessions, 4x yoga and 2x spin. Less than I usually do, but I listened to my body so that's a win. 🙂💪
This discussion has been closed.