Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013
    Great loss! It's ok to not eat too much but make sure you eat enough.

I'm not in the medical field at all so I can't give you medical advice. I can only give you support here.

As for looking things up, Dr. Google is not your friend. I know from my own experiences that looking things up actually makes the anxiety about something worse.

Just believe what your psychiatrist says. And, please talk to her about all the issues you're having. She can't help you if she doesn't know what the issues are.

I wouldn't try weed or the other things you mentioned. I would think doing that would just give you more problems, not less. Maybe the nurses in the group can give a medical opinion.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @mainebeachbum
    Great job on your steps! Looks pretty impressive to me!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    It doesn't take much to get behind on posts does it.😯

Hope you're doing better after your migraine.

Great job on staying under your calories and listening to your body!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    Sunday 9/6 check in
    Fod: good
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: 15 minute walk

Had outdoor church today. It wasn't very warm this morning. A few people brought blankets and one of them shared with me, which was nice.

I had dinner at my dad's today. He doesn't cook much but he is a pretty good cook. After I left my dad's I read for a while and then took a nap.

Took a walk around the complex with a neighbor and her dog and then sat outside with a couple other neighbors and their dog until it started to rain.
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @kandi3570
    That soup sounds really good. I might have to look that up sometime.

As for, reading and commenting on all the posts, I have a lot of trouble keeping up with all the posts too. I try to go back and read them but it can get overwhelming so then I just read the posts on the page that I'm on. Sometimes I comment and sometimes I will "like" or "hug" the post.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Steps..

Sun- 10,429
    Mon- 15,398
    Tues- 6,159
    Wed- 7,110
    Thurs- 11,257
    Fri- 17,312
    Sat- 4,902
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
    Options
    The Week 2 Challenge is up! This week is an exercise focus, so tie your shoes and let's go!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10809445/week-2-challenge-fitness-spelling-bee/p1?new=1
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Sunday check-in
    0/4 on habit tracker
    4489 steps
    No walk
    56 oz water
    No prelog

I decided to take a rest day today. My back was really sore after 2 days of longer walks. I think the limp causes it which irritates me!!!!! But today I felt good so wanted to enjoy it. So it was a day of reading, watched a movie, did some chores around the house. I think my steps are actually higher because I went to Walmart, but I was pushing a cart the whole time so I don’t think they registered on my Fitbit.

@tryingagain5 Thank you for the kind words!

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, a lot happened while I was taking a day off from reading everyone's posts! There's so many inspirational people in this group - I'm so happy to have you wonderful folks around to keep me on top of things.

For some reason, I lack the capacity to go through and respond to everyone, but I want all of you to know that you're doing something incredible. So much of the population has goals they excuse themselves from ever achieving, but something inside of you chose to take the hard route and not count yourself out before you ever even try. Your hard work means something, even if you can't see it now. No matter what, know that you are an inspiration. Maybe even to someone you've never met.

Wow. I'm from the dairy state, and even I found that too cheesy. Oh well. Not deleting it now.

Please don't think I'm lazy. I've been working all weekend on a genealogy report. It's the great escape but so sedentary. I'm going to ditto Ashley here. You are all making a difference here ~ to each of us on the team and in doing so for yourselves. Talk tomorrow! :blush:
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 1
    Previous weight: 198.8
    Current weight: 194.4

Well, I am in shock! Kind of...I could tell I was going to have a loss, because my anxiety as been HIGH all week and that has really kept me from eating much! 😕 My new Psychiatrist prescribed something for my anxiety, but she said it could take up to 9 weeks to show any sign of working...and then I Googled it and read that it can actually make it worse before better...But this is how it's been feeling before I even started it and it's been this way for probably 2 months now!! Not eating, weak all the time, zero energy, no motivation, (So, my depression has been bad too then...) And I cry a few times a day because the anxiety is so bad, it just won't let up! I see my Psychiatrist again on the 14th or 16th of this month...It's going to be over video though and I'm not sure how I'll tell her about any of this because she is new to me and I even try to get out of talking to my Counselor about most of it too! *BIG SIGH* I'm thinking of trying weed or THC oil, well ACTUALLY I did get some CBD oil and a vape...But it hasn't helped at all, so maybe it doesn't have enough THC in it or none at all! *Sigh* I'm gonna go look online!

Love you guys!

Cassie, We're happy that you had a loss this week. But, remember, it's imperative that you talk to your family and call 911 when things get bad. We're a weight loss group ~ not professionals who can help you and we don't know how to contact you to send help. Some people here are triggered by this type of post. Take good care and do remember this.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Hi team, I'm so behind on reading posts - I will try to catch up later.

Weigh in week 2
    Weigh day: Sunday
    PW: 253.0 (114.8 kg)
    CW: 252.2 (114.4 kg)
    LTD: 23.8 (10.8 kg)

I had a migraine come out of nowhere last week and it knocked me out for a couple of days. I was under calories for the week though, and exercise-wise I did 3x weight sessions, 4x yoga and 2x spin. Less than I usually do, but I listened to my body so that's a win. 🙂💪

Big hug. I feel for you and glad you conquered it, but that just sucks.
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    @kandi3570 Soup sounds delicious! What did you substitute for the broth?

@CassieGetsFit2013 Nice Los, but make sure you're getting enough to eat. I've done CBD oil without the THC, and I've found I sleep a little better with it, but especially if you're starting new meds, I wouldn't use THC without talking to a doctor because you don't know how it will interact with the meds.

I'm thinking of going gluten free along with the hubs. I wonder if it would help me feel less icky and bloated, etc. If any of y'all are GF, I'd love suggestions for great recipes!

Happy labor day! Love y'all!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    00/06 steps 5813
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - I agree with everything said above. One more point. At a time when you feel like things are not improving or getting worse with your condition, that is the most important time to speak to your physician, psychiatrist, counselor and family. Self-medicating can be tempting, but when you are on medication, it can be detrimental or even dangerous. Marijuana is a drug that has many valid therapeutic uses (it is legal here Canada), but there are thousands of different strains, each with a different usage and effect. If you select the wrong strain for instance, it has the potential to exacerbate a condition. For example, certain strains can cause a person to have more energy and could exacerbate a condition like anxiety. Linda (tryingagain5) is very wise with her caution of consulting “Dr. Google.” If this is a path that you want to explore, you really need a trained doctor to assist you in navigating through a treatment plan, if it is a legal option in your state. You are on cheer squad still, so try not to worry so much about weight loss in this moment, and take the time to work with your supports to figure out a plan to help you during the transition on your new medication. You really need to be honest with them. Self care is also a better alternative to self treatment, so speak to your counselor about those options like meditation, yoga, support lines & groups etc. Take good care.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in
    The weekend went well overall. I did stick to my plan for our supper out yesterday, and I was below my wine maximum, having just 2 glasses all evening. I was able to exercise too, which was great. Planning in advance really did help all weekend. Not going to lie, I am very stressed today about in person school starting tomorrow. I am trying to work through those feelings, also avoid eating through those feelings. I am also encouraging to kids talk about how they feel. I have a lot to do today, so that is helping with staying on plan. Hope that everyone has a great day!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @kandi3570
    That soup sounds really good. I might have to look that up sometime.

As for, reading and commenting on all the posts, I have a lot of trouble keeping up with all the posts too. I try to go back and read them but it can get overwhelming so then I just read the posts on the page that I'm on. Sometimes I comment and sometimes I will "like" or "hug" the post.

This is a great strategy, Linda. Your advice and support is sound and encouraging. It's great to see you enjoying your long weekend!
This discussion has been closed.