Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Sunday check in
    The weekend went well overall. I did stick to my plan for our supper out yesterday, and I was below my wine maximum, having just 2 glasses all evening. I was able to exercise too, which was great. Planning in advance really did help all weekend. Not going to lie, I am very stressed today about in person school starting tomorrow. I am trying to work through those feelings, also avoid eating through those feelings. I am also encouraging to kids talk about how they feel. I have a lot to do today, so that is helping with staying on plan. Hope that everyone has a great day!

I've been thinking about you all weekend, Lisa. It really feels like a typical back-to-school weekend with the cooler weather we've been having in Toronto. But it's not typical at all. Hugs to you and the boys.
  • 1theresamcvean
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    I am taking a break from the computer this morning. I will catch up tomorrow :)

A Labour Day break from technology could not be more perfect.
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 954 Member
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week:2
    PW (Previous Weight): 203.2
    CW (Current Weight): 203.2

Stayed the same.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    This weeks step numbers:
    Sunday 15,086
    Monday 12,118
    Tuesday 11,022
    Wednesday 12,045
    Thursday 7433
    Friday 12,766
    Saturday 14,253

@1theresamcvean i noticed errors on the step tracker and I also noticed I neglected a couple days. Can you correct? Thanks! Steph
  • 1theresamcvean
    This weeks step numbers:
    Sunday 15,086
    Monday 12,118
    Tuesday 11,022
    Wednesday 12,045
    Thursday 7433
    Friday 12,766
    Saturday 14,253

@1theresamcvean i noticed errors on the step tracker and I also noticed I neglected a couple days. Can you correct? Thanks! Steph

Done! Great stepping, Steph.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    y1z7fzzx0tv3.jpg
  • 1theresamcvean
    Step Challenge Winners!
    wtbvqved18hm.png
    Off the charts! 1st Debbie @debbiewsharpe 142,916 steps
    2nd Place Ann @annliz23 92,661 steps
    3rd Place Steph @mainebeachbum 84,723 steps
    Over 10,000/Day Tracy @ljdanny 72,567 steps
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,053 Member
    @tryingagain5 you must be so excited to get back to the gym. I know I was. You would be surprised how many people have a bad work ethic. We had a girl who would call out every monday and most Tuesday just to make it look good. We can always predict when we will have a staff member out the next day and it never fails. If they have a sniffle they can't work. It takes a lot for me to miss work. I am having surgery in a few weeks and my dr wants me out for 6 weeks and I am trying to negotiate 2.

@podperson1 I would say your shot is very important, must be a man doctor.

@Melzz19 I would love your job, I love to walk.

@lennoncpa I love your house in both colors.

@KristieJC sorry to hear about your mother in law.

We went hiking today, it was fun. There were 7 waterfalls we got to see. They were a little low because we are in a drought. The first half of the walk was downhill so we almost died on the second half going all uphill. We met some people and had some good laughs. Tomorrow the school year starts. I dont have kids in school but my work has all our big kids gone. We will be in a transition week and start our classes next week. We did try offering a remote learning class but only got 4 kids but we wanted 9 to run it. Should be an interesting year.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Monday Check-in:
    Habit tracker 2/4
    -72 oz water ✅
    -Prelogged meals for tomorrow ✅
    -30 min walk ❌
    -7495 steps ❌

So today I worked on staining the railings of my back deck for about 4 hours. It was so hot! I probably met my step goal, but because I’m right handed, I carried my stain cup in my left hand all day so I never swung it (I wear my Fitbit on the left.) Tonight I made a spaghetti sauce with ground turkey for dinner tomorrow night so someone else can make dinner, and I can keep working on the deck. My MIL is flying in on Friday and staying with us so I want to get it done before then.

Last week was a good weight loss week for me, but my daily calories have now adjusted down so I need to be careful. My stepson is getting married next Saturday so I need to be on task this week so I can prepare for the unknown calories. Because of Covid their venue was cancelled so they downsized to a small backyard wedding with a potluck. So now I can’t preplan food, and there won’t be dancing to burn calories.🤨 Luckily, it’s late afternoon so I will be able to get in a good workout early in the day.

Congrats to the step challenge winners!

@ljdanny You live in NH, am I remembering right? Where did you hike? I would love to go someplace with waterfalls. And is it an easy or moderate hike? My ankle could not tolerate too hard of a hike.

@kandi3570 I might have to google that soup recipe!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I can’t imagine having a migraine for a couple days. I used to get them regularly, 3 days before TOM, but they only lasted a day. Good job staying on track this week!

@Cafelelia I can’t seem to save calories for wine. I usually go over if I choose to have a drink. Friday night I had 2 beers at 185 each. OUCH!

@sleepymom5 I hope you had lots of fun this weekend. I want a boat so bad, we live in the “Lakes Region” of Maine, but rarely get out on the water. I like to kayak, but hubs and son need convincing to go with me. If we had a boat with a motor, I think that would change!

@minstrelofsarcasm I also find it hard to keep up with everyone! But I love how engaged this group is.

Back to work tomorrow! Good luck to those returning to school or with kids going back to school. And prayers for patience for those of you teaching your kids at home. I am so glad my son is in college. It’s tough enough with him trying to keep up with online classes.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    @ljdanny
    I sure am excited to get back into the gym. I have to wait until Thursday though. I made a commitment to help in the church office on Wednesdays and I want to honor that commitment.

I know, it's pretty sad that so many have a bad work ethic. Hopefully you can just do the 2 weeks off but it's probably better to listen to the doctor. They usually have a reason for wanting you off longer.

I understand about not wanting to miss work. I have to have something seriously wrong with me before missing work too.

Hiking sounds fun. Glad you had a great time.

Hope your work day goes well
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Monday 9/7
    Food: good
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: none

I got to sleep at night again last night. That won't happen again until Saturday night. I ended up sleeping in a little. I pretty much slept most of my 3 day weekend away.😊

I didn't do much with my day and since I have to work tonight I slept my whole afternoon away.

The most exciting thing I did today was sit outside with a couple of neighbors and their dog until I got too cold. I didn't have my sweatshirt with me or I would have been out a little longer.
  • @twyla77 Love the horse, I haven't been riding in years!

@mainebeachbum a 2 day migraine is brilliant for me - I've had them last over 2 weeks. And without meds I have permanent migraine-like pain. My meds changed back in July which was a rough month, but this wasn't as severe or as long as usual so it's a win. (Which is not to say I don't hate them, but better is better!)

@tryingagain5 I'm happy you can get back to the gym!

My posts might be a bit bitzy as I catch up with the group - and right now I'm technically at work. Still working from home and I take a few mins here and there not to go crazy! I absolutely killed my legs last night (yay leg day!!!) so every time I get up I feel it. Tonight is chest and triceps 💪
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    09/08 steps 11943
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Sunday and Monday check in
    Food-not logged (lazy) and not too bad
    Water-over 64
    Exercise-got a few walks in but did PT each day

The weekend wasn't the best. I actually did well with some things and not so good with others. I did well with drinking which is usually a problem for me (for calories, not a alcohol problem). I also did well with meals. I didn't do well with exercise and with snacking at night. Oh well, I am not going to beat myself up, back on track today.

@Cafelelia Sounds like you had a nice weekend and you stayed on plan. Nice job! Guess it is back to real life now with school starting.
    @Zumba_Luvah Congrats on your 3rd place overall and 1st place with us! Great week!
    @minstrelofsarcasm I agree! We do have an inspirational team.
    @annliz23 I love your inspirational posts! Thanks for doing them :)
    @mainebeachbum Great loss!! Awesome stepping last week. I had a fitbit that I clipped to my bra for the longest time. It was very accurate, I checked it frequently. They stopped making the one I used so I got an apple watch. I agree with you, if you aren't moving your arm, it doesn't count the steps. It is frustrating.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Sounds like you did well even with having the migraine. Glad you are feeling better
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Nice loss. Be sure to keep your doctors informed about how you are feeling, that is why they are there. Use all the resources available to you, you don't have to figure it out alone. Sending hugs!
    @kandi3570 I am not a cook so tell me why no chicken broth? I need any tips I can get! Is the patio a weekend project or will this be going on a while? Just keep thinking of how nice it will be when it is done. Plus the workout you are getting doing it :)
    @tryingagain5 It sounds like things are starting to get back to normal for you. I am still doing virtual mass but may try going in person next week. Outdoor mass sounds so nice. My brother in law said they had mass on the beach last week! I wish our church would do that down here.
    @ljdanny That hike sounded so nice. Except for the up hill part Lol! I have only been to New Hampshire once but from what I saw, you really live in a beautiful area of the country. It sounds like you had a nice weekend too. I can't believe summer is coming to an end.
    @1theresamcvean I can imagine how much work and concentration goes into the work you do. It must be so interesting too. Hope you had a little fun this weekend besides work.
    @GingerPwr Hope things are going a little smoother at school. I have no tips about the GF but I did notice that it is a little easier to find things now a days at the store. I am sure they are a little more expensive but at least it is a start. Good luck. I am curious if you feel any different. I am sure your husband will see a big difference.
    @podperson1 Nice loss there my friend!
    @jedaschultz Maintaining isn't bad at all. Much better than going up! Have a good week!
    @debbiewsharpe That is progress! I have a sweet tooth so I can understand what a big deal that revelation that is. We have bubble of people we see so I was comfortable. This is the first weekend we dined inside though. I was comfortable with the precautions the restaurant had in place. We are in a different position than you as Jim and I have antibodies from him being sick. I think it is good that you are being careful but I hope the doctor gives you the green light to cautiously start venturing out again. I also hope the lung scan went well.
    @twyla77 You take the best vacations! The ranch sounds fun! I am sure that little gain will come right off when you get back into your routine. Love the pic too!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    edited September 2020
    Hey Folks! After a long holiday weekend for most of us, today is functioning as our Monday, which means it's a great day to get back on track!
    d5lk7fl9b4km.jpeg
    WEIGH DAYS
This discussion has been closed.