Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    I had a busy day. I cycled to and from my business partner's house for a working session. We're working like the devil to launch our business. We're so close and that always means finding lots and lots of things that still need to be done. It's very satisfying. I think one thing that's spurring us on is that so many routines are back in place in the city ~ kids at school, more people heading to the office at least a day or two a week now, stores open more regular hours, traffic, cool weather. I hope that we avoid a huge spike in cases here as we get back into the swing of things.

@Cafelelia I'm glad the boys had a better second day and hope today was even better. One of my cousin's daughters was to start grade nine yesterday and didn't make it in the doors of the school. She was too anxious and she's not normally an anxious person. I really feel for the students and parents this year.

@kandi3570 Your daughter is a busy girl and so are you. My sister was the same in high school, she was the captain of the cheerleaders and somehow convinced the school to allow her to be the captain of girl's volleyball. I hope both of you rest a bit after your back deck is built.

@tryingagain5 I was thinking about you today getting back to your gym. That must have felt great!

@sleepymom5 The boat fender bender would have been funny if they had recorded the dad's reaction. You've done so many fun activities this summer and now you can include cycling in the rain. :wink:

@pacsnc6 I hope the new medication helps with the itching side effect. Your treatment seems more serious this round. Praying for a good scan for you. Hugs.

@minstrelofsarcasm I haven't had a peanut butter cookie in ages. When I was little, they were my favourite. You're certainly active enough to have a few :wink:

@debbiewsharpe For the past two days, I've been thinking about you fitting your steps in every which way. I paced this evening while I was on the phone with my aunt. Such a good idea! I loved your story about your husband figuring out how to make the Pilsbury cookies.

Everyone else, have a great night!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Food: Logged and under
    Water: Not great (again)
    Exercise: 1.5hr walking and 20min cardio

Little better than yesterday at achieving my goals (at least I did some additional exercise!). Did hope to do better, but ended up working up to gone midnight with only a handful of breaks. Babysteps babysteps.... On a positive, I am keeping close to my calorie target and I did see a little downward movement in the scales this morning.

I don't work Fridays so having walked the kids to school, I am now sat in a coffee shop in town waiting for the shops to open. About a month ago I bought some new clothes but they are quite summery and as the weather is now getting cooler (and needing to be out the house early with the kids) I need some warmer clothes - all my wintery clothes from last year are falling off me, so hoping to pick up a couple of bits this morning. Pain is that they do not allow trying on of clothes in store and I'm not entirely sure of my size at the moment.

Also, later I am meeting up with friends that I have not seen in person since January - can't wait! But need to earn myself some serious exercise calories before going so I can enjoy a cocktail or 5!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    09/10 steps 10082
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Food: Logged and under
    Water: Not great (again)
    Exercise: 1.5hr walking and 20min cardio

Little better than yesterday at achieving my goals (at least I did some additional exercise!). Did hope to do better, but ended up working up to gone midnight with only a handful of breaks. Babysteps babysteps.... On a positive, I am keeping close to my calorie target and I did see a little downward movement in the scales this morning.

I don't work Fridays so having walked the kids to school, I am now sat in a coffee shop in town waiting for the shops to open. About a month ago I bought some new clothes but they are quite summery and as the weather is now getting cooler (and needing to be out the house early with the kids) I need some warmer clothes - all my wintery clothes from last year are falling off me, so hoping to pick up a couple of bits this morning. Pain is that they do not allow trying on of clothes in store and I'm not entirely sure of my size at the moment.

Also, later I am meeting up with friends that I have not seen in person since January - can't wait! But need to earn myself some serious exercise calories before going so I can enjoy a cocktail or 5!

I love how you said, “Babysteps, babysteps...” I’ve been chained to my desk a lot these days, and it’s good for me to hear how you are acknowledging the positive: staying close to your calorie target, inching down on the scale, planning ahead for an outing with friends, and the big one - your winter clothes are falling off you. This is a marathon not a sprint. Congrats!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm You weigh less after you workout? I always weigh myself right when I get up because I am afraid even walking to get my coffee sends my weight up. Interesting..I am always learning something new. I guess I don't have to be worried that you will stop posting your awesome spinning sessions before I am back to Pa in Oct. You are really motivating. If we had a truck I would ask my husband to bring my bike down here!

@sleepymom5 - I sometimes weigh less after working out. It depends on just how much I sweat, and if I drink enough water to replace everything that has been lost during the workout. Normally, I weigh myself right when I wake up (after using the facilities) and then eat my gummy vitamins like the adult I am.

@tryingagain5 - Glad you're back on your workouts, even if they're "easier"! :wink:

@kandi3570 - Ooof, I do not miss the days of having multiple after-school activities at the same time. I have no idea how my parents managed coordinating everything. Kudos to you for surviving it all!

@mainebeachbum - Have fun at the wedding!

@1theresamcvean - I love making peanut butter cookies more than any other type, because then my kitchen smells like peanut butter for a good week afterwards, regardless of anything else I make. My mom used to make them whenever I had a bad day, so they always remind me of home. Her recipe made the cookies a bit crunchier than my recipe, but it still brings the nostalgia.

Here's hoping the second wave of Covid-19 doesn't interrupt your routine too much - I don't anticipate the US being coordinated enough to stay as open as we have been, but maybe Canada has taken enough proper precautions to be prepared.

@Freeglerock - Do coffee shops calm you? There's just something about the ambiance of a coffee shop that soothes me. Good luck with finding clothes that fit! I feel like that's the eternal struggle :lol:
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited September 2020
    Options
    My New NSV is My Resting Heart Rate
    4bs4ig6r0zy3.png

I circled my resting heart rate range for my age in the chart above. (I know, I know, we don't always love charts e.g. outdated BMI charts aren't good and maybe one day this will be announced as outdated.) My NSV is that my resting heart rate has dropped nicely since January 1st this year.

September has been good. My lowest day was 54 and it has gone down slowly over the course of the year. On the chart above I've been firmly in the athletic range for my age for a while now. According to Statistics Canada, only 1 Canadian woman in 20 in my age range would have a lower resting heart rate than me.

It looks like the HIIT classes, Spinning, and outdoor cycling are doing my heart good. That and I won the gene lottery.

My Fitbit Resting Heart Rate Chart for 2020 so far.
    e82niv51mxc6.png

• sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Check in for Thursday-
    Food-logged and over
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-30+ min walk and PT

Yesterday didn't go as planned. It was still a good day though. Jim surprised me at the shore for the weekend. That didn't go well last weekend but I am determined I can still enjoy my time with him and not go off my plan. Last night was a very late dinner which I don't like and I followed my plan and the hunger scale. I also didn't hit the sweets when I got home. So I am already ahead from last weekend. We go into vacation mode and over indulge when we are down here and I just can't afford to do that every time he is down.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

@tryingagain5 Hooray! Back at the gym! I am happy for you, I know you missed it. I was noticing last time I was home that my room is still set up for nightshift. It is pitch black if I don't open the shades. Do you have the room darkening shades or curtains? That helped me a lot. I also wore earplugs so I didn't hear the outside noise.
    @kandi3570 Awesome day! You are on fire girl! I got tired just from reading all that you do!
    Lol!
    @mainebeachbum I think with having the tracker on your wrist you miss steps, especially when you are busy and not thinking about your arm swinging. I bet you had more. I think once you wear them for a while you know what to expect as far as steps with certain activities. I know roughly how many I get food shopping and cleaning the house. But that is just my opinion. I forgot the wedding was this weekend. Enjoy! I haven't been to one since this covid hit. My kids have since they are at that age now. Some friends postponed and some went ahead. Crazy times...
    @1theresamcvean I know it is a lot of work but I am so excited for you launching your new business! Good for you fitting in a bike ride as transportation to get to your partners house. Exciting times ahead! Great job with the resting HR too, that shows your hard work really making a difference in your health.
    @debbiewsharpe Love that quote!! That is another thing I am working on Lol! Many of our reactions are to the thought we have, we can guide these thoughts. I am not very good articulating but that quote says it all.
    @Freeglerock I just think your post has so many wins in it! First of all, you seem to be back to making your plan with eating/exercise a part of your routine even with work/school etc. Then the fact that your need new clothes because your others are falling off! Whoo hoo! I hope you enjoyed your shopping trip and have some cute fall outfits. xo
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    Sleepymom5
    Week 2
    Friday weigh in
    PW 198.4
    CW 199.2
    I am not upset by this. I was chasing my gain from last weekend all week. I really think if I didn't have such a late dinner last night I would have broken even. I need to stay the course and start getting this weight off once and for all!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean I know it is a lot of work but I am so excited for you launching your new business! Good for you fitting in a bike ride as transportation to get to your partners house. Exciting times ahead! Great job with the resting HR too, that shows your hard work really making a difference in your health.

I think it's good to find other measures of success in addition to the number on the scale. I've learned a lot from your measures, like hunger cues. I would never have thought of that on my own. Now I always think of it and one thing I've noticed is that a day or two after a lot of cycling, like yesterday and the day before, I am actually hungry before my eating window, which I normally start at 1:00 or 2:00 p.m. Other than that, I don't think I'm ever truly hungry. I love good food though and also know it's necessary as fuel.

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    PW - 147.0
    CW = 146.4
    I socialized so much on Labour day weekend, I was kind of expending no loss or a gain, and I am happy that I had a bit of a loss. Chipping away towards my goal is just fine with me. And oh, the stress of this week. Stress really has an impact on Me and my biggest accomplishment this week was not stress eating at all. I am going to continue on my path of balanced meals, moderate exercise, IF, no snacking and lowerish carbs. It was my younger son’s birthday yesterday. I could not throw him a children’s party, but we had some family over, had cake and spoiled him. In terms of my eating, I ate normally and did have some cake because well, birthday cake is awesome. As I do my meal prepping this weekend, I am also going to focus on a stress management plan, even if it is just 5 minutes a day. My NSV this week came from my brother-in-law. He had not seen me in a few months and when he did, he shouted in front of everyone, “OMG you lost a lot of weight”. Not subtle, but it comes from a good place and I am pleased that my efforts are noticeable. I am reading everyone’s post, but just have no time to reach out. Have a fantastic weekend everyone!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Username: 1theresamcvean
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 147.2
    Today's weight: 145.8
    Loss to date: 31.6
    This is a nice day.

I weighed myself twice today based on Ashley @minstrelofsarcasm telling us she weighed less after her Spin class. I usually start eating at 2:00 p.m. and had just been out to the vegetable market, picked up a chicken to roast, and some wine for dinner tonight. My daughter and her partner are coming over. Since I carried the bags home like a pack mule, I thought, let me see. And look ~ a new low. That took a while.

I am now 3.8 lbs to goal and looking more toned. Since my goal is a toned 142 lbs, if I have to go down a few pounds and build muscle back, I'm okay with that.

I actually said the word recomposition to my two friends who saw me on Wednesday and said I look like I lost weight. I said, "I haven't lost since the last time I saw you. I'm in recomposition." I had just learned the word that very day from @minstrelofsarcasm.

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean - I feel like such an influencer now! Congrats on the new low!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Week 2
    Thursday
    Pw 193.2
    Cw 194.2
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Haha of course I went up. That's the way it always goes. I can never catch a break. I thought I was doing pretty well. It's very frustrating.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Hey everyone,

Some people are having issues logging into the community and @lenka1 posted her weigh-in on the main feed. She said:
    lenka1 5 hours ago

I can’t log in to post my weigh in. It keeps showing me this.

I’m maintaining this week 152.4, the same as week 1.

Hope I’ll be able to log in later today!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 133.6
    Today's weight: 135.0
    Weekly Steps: 75,047
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean congrats on the resting heart rate of an athlete!!! That’s an accomplishment.
    @lennoncpa don’t heat yourself up to much for stress eating. Just plan ahead next time. And I’m sure that would be much easier if you had a fridge.
    @sleepymom5 we are busy but we manage. You rock! You can get through your surprise visits to the shore. Meal plan, relax, and enjoy!!! You deserve some rest and relaxation.

So busy weekend for me as usual. I’ve spent most of the day shoveling gravel. And I’m telling you ladies if I did this all the time I’d have some amazing shoulders!!! So im a little tired and a little sore. Tomorrow will be worse i think. But I’ll have a patio by Sunday! Woot woot!!! So I stayed under my calories yesterday but I ate a tortilla shell on a steak fajita. Guess what.... I gained 2 pounds back at the plateau of 218. 🙄. Ahhh oh well it can’t stay forever! I’ll beat it eventually. I also think I’m building muscle so it is what it is for now. 🤷‍♀️ I feel good and that’s all that really matters at the end of the day.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Friday check in
    10025 steps
    40 oz water
    40 min walk
    Prelogged for tomorrow nope
This discussion has been closed.