Step totals
    Sunday 20,328
    Monday 20,004
    Tuesday 16,060
    Wednesday 21,063
    Thursday 20,478
    Friday 20,097
    Saturday 20,198

It was a good week walking. The weather was a little cooler but with intermittent rain so I did some walking inside. Tuesday I was in the truck for several hours for medical appointment but I still got way over my goal. I go to Raleigh tomorrow to UNC Rex to get results from the CT Scan. I feel like all will be OK and maybe another lung scan in 6 more months. I do plan to ask my doctor about going out to eat. Covid has pretty much made me a prisoner at home. The highlight of my week is the occasional trip to the grocery store. We will see, I will do whatever he says. Fortunately I get a lot of help from my husband in cleaning up after a meal or grilling several times a week but the rest is up to me. Deciding what to cook is the biggest problem.
    Oh well, I need to stop and count my blessing, we are well fed every day! UPDATE: I have not baked anything now for 2 weeks. I was going to reward myself weekly and did not do it so my husband baked cookies this week. They were the break and bake kind but he was proud of his accomplishment! Today I will bake a cake or pie, haven't decided yet. My weight is still at my magic number so all is good there. Y'all take care and have a great week ahead! Keep on keeping on.......
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 415 Member
    I am really enjoying getting to know all of you. We have such different lives yet we all share in our relationship with food. I have seen ups and downs, successes and almost successes, comebacks and so overs. No failures because we are all still trying. WE can do this, we will do this. Each day belongs to you, make it a good one or not, the choice is yours. Choose wisely!

1theresamcvean (Theresa)

Cycling to your business partner's house to work sure is a WIN. Great to hear that things are getting back to normal somewhere in this world. Loved the heart rate chart, I worry that mine is too low. This made me feel better. Just looked at my fitbit weekly report, between 49-52 average of 51. Guess I am even lower than an athlete. Nearing your goal, you will succeed! I believe in you.

annliz23 (Ann) Good step totals! Love the over 20,000 days. Lately I walk many 10 minute walks just because I am bored!

brown6267 (Mary) Getting those steps in every day, way to go!

cafelelia (Lisa) So happy to hear that things were better for your kids, which will make things better for you. Congrats on sticking to your plan. Good to hear that your BIL noticed your weight loss, NSV!

Freeglerock (Lisa) Getting exercise, scales moving in the right direction, eating right all great! Shopping for smaller clothes and seeing friends has to be exciting. Happy for you. getting rid of the bigger clothes will sure help you keep your weight down.

goingape (April) Congrats on the loss and the fitness plan.

kandi3570 I am looking forward to the pictures of the patio when complete. You sure have a lot going on, with school and ballgames but it does sound like a fun life. Congrats on the loss.

kirsten11872 (Kristen) Key word, back on track. You can do this.

KUMEcyclingteam (BJ) GOOD FOR YOU, getting back on track can become an every day occurance.

lenka1 (Lenka) Good to hear you are maintaining, congrats!

lennoncpa (Cheryl) Well, you owned the meltdown. First step in it not happening again. Emotions can play such a huge part in our lives, I know you are moving forward. This is a new week. Hope you get the fridge soon.

Ljdanny (Tracy) Weight ups and downs is frustrating. Hang in there and look at the long range picture.

mainebeachbum (Stephanie) the wedding coming up sounds exciting.

melaniedscott (Melanie) So sorry about the vertigo, I know that must be debilitating. I hope that you can find exercises that will allow you to reach your Thanksgiving goal. I am pulling for you!

Melzz19 (Metz) Congrats on the loss. Sounds like you had a great day shopping and lunch. I live out in the country on a farm and grew up in a town of 400. I totally get it!

minstrelofsarcasm (Ashley)
    I understand how cookies in the house can trip you up, hope you were able to give them away. You are doing great with the spinning and I hope you reached your goals this week.

Pacsnc6 (Patsy) A loss is a loss, the tiny ones add up! Congrats! Prayers for your health issues.

"Sleepymom5 (Pam)
    Hey Pam, yes I do miss the church suppers. It was a lot of work but also very rewarding. Our small community enjoyed getting together. We have missed 3 so far and probably will not do any more this year. Good to hear your neighbors boat accident wasn't serious. Staying on your diet while at the shore, impressive.

timibotkin (Timi) It is so hard to understand the scales, hang in there and maybe it will show loss this week.

tryingagain5 (Linda) Great that you were able to go to the gym! Glad that you could get the test scheduled and the doctor had good ratings. Prayers for you.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    09/12 steps 13034
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 415 Member
    p4nga5jr6kag.png
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,455 Member
    edited September 2020
    Check in for Saturday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-80oz
    Exercise-over 60 min walk and PT

Great day yesterday! Today everyone is heading home. My daughter and her husband already left. Jim and I are going to breakfast and then he will be heading home too. I am getting abandoned because the Eagles play at 1 pm Lol! That's ok, I am going to enjoy this time by myself at the shore and focus on me. The only thing that may make me return home is my daughter Shannon (24) has shingles. She sent me a picture yesterday. It was hard to tell for sure but when she described that it was painful not itchy, I suspected shingles. I had her go right to Urgent Care because I wanted her to start on the medicine right away. They agreed and she was able to get a course of the medicine in yesterday. This morning it wasn't any worse. I am hoping that she started the medicine quick enough that it doesn't get too bad. If it does, I will have her come down here and relax, we have a room that faces the water with a little deck so it would maybe be a little nicer for her. Plus I could take care of her and not have to go home ;)

I plan to PLAN the week out later today. Sunday is a great day to plan and prep for the week
    Have a great Sunday everyone.

@Cafelelia I am not surprised you crashed on the couch after such a busy week. Hope you are refreshed and renewed after the weekend.
    @goingape Wow! 60lbs!! Congratulations!!
    @kirsten11872 That isn't bad at all. I am sure it is busy with the kids being back at school. I hope things are going smoothly and you can get into a good routine.
    @Melzz19 Nice loss! I am glad that the shopping trip was a success and you got a dress. Sounds like you have some fun activities to look forward to with you fiance. Or is that for a trip, I wasn't sure what you meant.
    @kandi3570 Sounds like you had a great day! It must be nice seeing the patio coming along. You will be out there enjoying it before you know it!
    @hope002 Hope you are doing well :)
    @tryingagain5 I always get a flu shot too. It was easier to do when I was a nurse because I would just get them at work. Now I have to make a point to get one too. Good luck with the neurologist on Friday.
    @annliz23 Nice loss!! Awesome steps this week too!
    @debbiewsharpe I love that quote! Your steps amaze me and you are inspiring me to do more walking around when I usually sit. Sending prayers and hugs that the news tomorrow is good. I also hope that you will be given the green light to go out a little more. It has been a long time.

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Good Sunday morning team. I hope everyone is having a great weekend. The weather has been nice here so I was able to spend some time outside in the fresh air.

I got in an 8 am virtual workout, so it been a perfect workout week since Tuesday. I think I felt guilty taking time off from exercising last weekend so I was trying to make up for it. I’m pretty consistent with my exercise. So now if I can get back into a good routine with my food I’ll be back on track. I should be getting my new refrigerator on Tuesday and seriously I can’t wait. It sucks not having a refrigerator.
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    s5qjyi6eai7y.jpg
    8lt0peqji5p8.png
    wkxy2g2dce9k.png
    7p7uvga6jp01.png

PLACE TEAM PERCENTAGE
    1st Shrinking Assets 0.41%
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 0.32%
    3rd Downsizers 0.30%

PLACE TEAM LBS LOSS
    1st Shrinking Assets 20.4 Lbs
    2nd Mission Slimpossibles 16.0 Lbs
    3rd Downsizers 14.8 Lbs

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @RaeWats 3.77 %
    2nd @draby2011 2.31%
    3rd @petrocoetsee 2.76 %

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @RaeWats 7.7 Lbs
    2nd @petrocoetsee 5.9 Lbs
    3rd @draby2011 5.6 Lbs

HONORABLE MENTIONS
    @Hilogirl2018
    @lindamtuck2018
    @schlerin
    @raleighgirl09
    @imgwendolyn2015
    @wwood008
    @KellyBgetsfit
    @izzyred9400
    @mainebeachbum
    @kilobykilo

mrr9m1a6j4vr.png

• mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Saturday check in:
    Steps 10,635
    Water 40 oz
    Walk 40 minutes
    All my food logged as well as a lot of champagne 😳

Wedding was fun, a small immediate family backyard affair. I tried to make good food choices but still way overate my calories.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 933 Member
    I had a good day yesterday.

While I was talking to my aunt on the phone, a hummingbird landed on my red Mandevilla. I only see hummingbirds here once or twice, usually in late summer. After all, this is downtown Toronto. They symbolize a higher vibration since their wings beat in an infinity pattern when they're hovering. So, I'm going to believe that it was my grandmother paying us a visit.

My daughter came over a day later than planned for an outdoor dinner and the weather was a bit warmer and sunnier than the few days leading up to it. We had Tian, which I had made the day before, and it's always better the second day as well as a chicken roasted on the BBQ with herbs and lemon, and some grilled asparagus. Two friends joined us as we were outside, so it was lovely.

Here is the recipe that I used. It's a blogger named Diane using Gabriella Hamilton's famous recipe from her cookbook Prune (not the dried fruit but the restaurant). https://dianesfoodblog.com/2015/08/30/zucchini-tian/

I added a layer of eggplant, the long slim dark ones. There are no end to the variations on this dish so just Google it and create your own version.

@debbiewsharpe Your resting heart rate must be so low because your footsteps are Olympian. There is such a thing as too low a resting heart rate, so if you're worried ask your doctor. I'm thinking you're like me and won the gene lottery, as my doctor sometimes says.

I hope you have a good doctor's appointment tomorrow and that he says you can go out to dinner. I loved hearing about your church dinners and your trips to Cracker Barrel. I wish we had a location in Canada.

@sleepymom5 Oh no! I hope Shannon's okay. Shingles is terribly painful. I hope she can join you for some rest and recovery at the shore. If not, when they open the border, I'll be right down.

@Cafelelia You did so well during the first week back to school and work. Your brother-in-law's compliment must have felt good, even if it drew a lot of attention...or because of it. :wink:

@minstrelofsarcasm You definitely are an influencer! Officially.

@ljdanny I'm sorry you're maintaining when you're hoping to be losing. Maybe you need to change something up. I'm not sure if you've tried eating at maintenance for a few days and then going back down to the weight-loss calories. Sometimes that works, for me at least. I try to eat up to maintenance twice a week. But, it isn't fair. Hang in there and maybe look up some articles. https://health.usnews.com/wellness/articles/2016-03-04/the-3-biggest-reasons-your-diet-isnt-working

@lennoncpa Don't beat yourself up. McDonald's is pretty salty, so maybe the damage won't last long. Just saying it out loud and moving on is outstanding. Big hug!

@tryingagain5 How's your leg today? I'm glad you have a highly-rated neurologist. I'll be thinking of you on Friday when you go for your test. I'm glad to hear that work is busy. It's a good sign for the economy in your area. Hope your week starts off well!

@KUMEcyclingteam Glad to see you back on track. That must feel fantastic!

@timibotkin Sorry you were stuck with a maintain this week after doing everything right. It will come! Maybe try switching one thing up this week.

@kandi3570 Nice loss! I hope your patio is coming along nicely.

@brown6267 Great stepping this week. :blush:

@Zumba_Luvah Love your attitude on the maintain. Hugs.

@lenka1 Glad you finally got in. Just PM if that ever happens again.

@Freeglerock Great plan to observe your weekly average. Eating up every now and then is good. It helps stave off plateaus, especially if you go down a bit in the days following, which what you're doing. Way to go with all the new clothes. NSV! I got a kick out of the term jumper. I wish we said jumper instead of sweater.

@kirsten11872 I'm glad you're feeling so good and handling this busy time of the year well. :blush:

@goingape Congrats again on your great milestones last week!

@Melzz19 Great loss and yay to finding an outfit! You'll have to tell us more about elk camp.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    :star:The Green Challenge :star: Percentage of people who lost weight this week. No matter how small the loss the weights are recorded in green. Remember slow and steady wins the race! B)

3yv8hcuhp40d.png
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 933 Member
    User ID: CassieGetsFit2013
    Week Number: Week 2
    Previous weight: 194.4
    Current weight: 199.6

*SIGH* My body is confusing me! Well, for one I had way too many sweet this week! Even my teeth are hurting...Also, I haven't been active at all, been sleeping all the time or if I'm not sleeping, I'm just lying around, on my phone that I am badly addicted to. I just have zero energy and stay sluggish and drowzy all the time, so it's hard to get motivated and moving...I'm probably going to stay on the sidelines for a bit longer until I can get back on track and start doing and feeling better.

Cassie 🖤💜

Feel better, Cassie. When you can, just get your legs moving. Maybe have a look around the garden or take one of the dogs for a walk. Stay strong.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Sunday 9/13
    Food: good
    Water: 48 oz
    Exercise: 15 minutes

Outdoor church this morning. It was cool but not too bad. There were bees falling out of the trees today, which was distracting. It happened a couple of weeks ago too. Not sure why, someone said they're dying. They weren't really aggressive but were landing on people. I've always been afraid of bees so that's why it was a bit distracting for me.

After church I went home and had lunch and then slept a good part of the afternoon. I have to go to work early tonight so I'm missing my one book club that is starting up again tonight. They meet every other week. Hopefully we won't have to go to work early every Sunday.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    Steps...

Sun- 12,820
    Mon- 7,802
    Tues- 17,411
    Wed- 15,075
    Thurs- 9,213
    Fri- 10,906
    Sat- 4,520
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member