Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 928 Member
    Options

Sorry to be MIA. I came down with a sore throat on Monday night and all day yesterday I was unwell. Aching all over and feeling like I was coming down with strep throat, which I've had enough times to recognize. Today I got a pass to go to the front of the Covid testing line to rule that out so I can have a strep test tomorrow. I feel a tiny bit better, and am wondering if I have antibodies from my presumed case of Covid that started in April. If so, yesterday could have been my presumed antibodies fighting against Covid. The case numbers are on the rise here. Either way, I'll be back to normal in a couple of days I hope.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Steps 6643
    Water 64 oz
    Food prelogged
    Walk 17 minutes

Sounds like many of us are having a tough week with illnesses or pain. Stay strong!

I am high on my calories today, but I was hungry even after eating beef stew which usually is filling. Water didn’t help so I ate a Beachbody Snack bar which has 10 g protein which helped some, but my tummy is still growling! To bed I go to get away from the kitchen!
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I have had a busy week, just now catching up. I went to the Dr. Monday for CT scan results. The lungs are stable, place is still there but has not grown. I go back for another scan in 1 year instead of 6 months. Guess that is progress. He did say I could go out to dinner but be very careful. I can't go with friends, he said it is best for just me and hubby to go alone right now. If the restaurant is not following CDC guidelines, tell them why and leave.

I also got some disturbing news. This CT scan showed a growth on my pancreas. I will have an MRI next Wednesday then will see a surgical oncologist Friday. So glad these appointments are soon and I don't have to wait a long time. My lung doctor recommended a colleague of his that specializes in the pancreas. I read back through all 3 ct scans and the PET scan and did not see anything mentioned about the pancreas so it hasn't been there long. Guess that is good news. Of course I am a bit frazzled until next week is over but hopefully it will be just another place to watch and scan. Trying to think positive. THANK YOU ALL FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS! Being able to share with y'all is therapeutic.

I went to a friends house today for lunch outside on the deck with the girls. She prepared a great salad with a pecan, craisin, apple, lemon/lime dressing. It was so refreshing. Dessert was a pear crisp made with fresh pears from her tree in the yard. She gave me boiled peanuts to take home (it is a southern thing). Fresh dug peanuts from the field, washed several times then boiled a few hours until tender with lots of salt. Definitely not healthy. I only had a few. We visited from 11-3. Just what I needed. My husband went to the local grill tonight and got us a steak sub and fries for dinner. Not the healthiest day but I think I deserved it. I did get in over 16,000 steps and 17 minutes of strength.

@ 1theresamcvean (Theresa)
    I have hummingbirda from April-October here in NC, we love watching them, right outside my kitchen window and it seems like every time we sit down to eat the birds come to feed as well. Your outside dinner with friends and family sounds wonderful. So sorry to read that you are not feeling well. Presumed Covid, did you test positive and were you sick?

@ annliz23 (Ann) love your exercise plan,

@ brown6267 (Mary) good stepping

@ cafelelia (Lisa) You have a lot going on with work and school, hope it all settles down for you soon.

@ Freeglerock (Lisa) Sounds like you are getting a good amount of exercise and flexibility. Glad you had a good weekend, even if you did go over a bit I'm sure you will get right back on track. I just saw your weight loss, congrats!!!!

@ jedaschultz (Debbie) steady loss, congrats!

@ kandi3570 Sounds like the patio is coming along nicely. Love the pictures. Hope that your sciatica is better, you have my sympathy. I have had 4 back operations and I feel your pain.

@ kirsten11872 (Kristen) Congrats on nearing the goal weight and getting into your clothes again. WIN!

@ lennoncpa (Cheryl) Yay, refrigerator is in place. That had to be hard to go without one. I agree, lot of support here and no judgement. WE can do this! Line dancing in the park, wish I was there with you. Sounds like a great way to have fun exercising.

@ Ljdanny (Tracy) nice walking last week!

@ mainebeachbum (Stephanie) Sounds like the wedding was fun and you did well with your eating. Congrats on the weight loss! Be careful with the foot, backing off for a short while sounds like a plan.

@ melaniedscott (Melanie) I hope work gets back to normal for you soon.

@ minstrelofsarcasm (Ashley)
    The brunch sounded great and you are doing enough spinning to counteract it. We do share a love of baking, I am on week 3 without cakes or pies. Embrace that magical feeling of weight loss, positive reinforcement is good! Love that you are competing with yourself. I bet you will win😊😊😊

@ podperson1 (Shelli) Hope that you feel better soon! Prayers

@ "Sleepymom5 (Pam)
    I hope that your daughter is feeling better! Your walk on the beach sounds amazing! I also need to clean up computer space but such a boring job! Listening to your hunger is huge. You can do it. Thanks for the prayers.

@ tryingagain5 (Linda) Even the bees wanted to go to church:):) Good to get back to the gym and work with a trainer. Interested to see how the jury duty goes, I am 68 and have never been. My husband has only been one time. Sounds like you have a great boss! Congrats on the weight loss.

@ xX_PhoenixRising_Xx (Kristi) I understand being behind, I am just now catching up. I sympathize with your struggle but always ask yourself "am I eating because I am hungry" most of the time the answer is no.

@ cassiegetsfit2013 hope you start feeling more energetic soon. Try to get out in the sun and air for a short walk.

KEEP ON KEEPING ON............
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    Food: Logged and under
    Water: Good! Over 1.5l
    Exercise: Over 13k steps and 50min strength training

Accountability check list:
    * Do at least 30min exercise (other than walking) 6/7 days - DONE 1/1
    * Drink at least 1.5l of water - DONE 1/1
    * No eating after 9pm (I'm terrible for late night snacking......) - NOT DONE - had my "pudding" after my exercise (10:30pm) as ate later than planned 0/1
    * Post here for accountability each day - DONE 1/1
    * No alcohol 6/7 days - DONE 1/1

Wednesday was a busy day, which meant I did not have dinner until 7:30pm. I like to eat earlier so that food has time to go down before exercising (I am an evening rather than morning person!), so contemplated holding off another day, but as soon as kids were put to bed I put on my lycia so I was ready to go as soon as I felt I could comfortably exercise with food causing an issue! Ended up working out at about 9:30pm. It has been a while since I got out my weighted bars and dumbbells - felt good and pleased I did it.

I went into my work office on Tuesday - first time since before lockdown in March. Was very strange - only 10 people in and office of normally 300ish. There is a one way route around the office - which was an absolute nightmare as I was need to constantly go to the printer, but good for racking up the steps! Not expecting to go in again for a while (I requested to go in as I felt that days work would be easier at the office), and speaking with the CEO whilst I was there, it looks as if there is no hurry to get everyone back in (and I think a general ease and expectation that home working will become a bit of the norm). Not having the 2hr commute time really has made a difference to work/life balance and I think has made being able to dedicate some time to my health and fitness a lot easier.

@debbiewsharpe My heart goes out to you - the wait is so difficult. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way. And thank you for the congrats - I have been stagnating recently so trying to kick-start myself again!
    @kandi3570 Please your pain has gone. I am with you on the cracked pepper - I really hate it (though my partner and kids drown their food in it). I much prefer cayenne (I'm dehydrating some cayenne chillis from my allotment at the moment to make my own powder).
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    September Week Three

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 164.4 (September 10th)
    CW (Current Weight): 165.2 (September 17th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 68.8 lbs

Yep, I was expecting that. While this is still a loss compared to the beginning of my week, it's not an weekly loss, and that's okay! My bloat from my brunch brought me almost all the way back up to 170 on Monday morning, so watching the numbers come down day-by-day has been a treat. Besides, I started the month at 166.2, so I'm still looking at a loss from the month; just thrown off by my anomalous whoosh two weeks ago. Did I technically gain? Did I technically lose? How much water retention is happening in my body? Who knows!
    giphy.gif

Food: Beyond my brunch on Sunday, I've been eating fairly well. Having the blueberry lemon cake leftovers has been a challenge, but I think I've found a good pace that would both finish the cake and not completely betray my healthy habits. Sure, I may have binged on hummus and pretzels a few times. And sure, I make a decent amount of protein ice cream to satisfy my ice cream cravings. But I'm typically pretty close to my calorie limit (including the little bit of extra from working out).

Exercise: Over the past week, I have attended seven spin classes, walked 22 miles, and completely bailed on planking at all (which is something I need to get back into). A friend of mine invited me to join her in a pilates-type class, so I might do that in lieu of a spin class next week, even though I'm still pushing to hit 700 classes by the end of the month. On top of my typical four classes per week, I would just need to add in two more each week to hit my target. Given that I haven't done less than seven classes any week this month, I'd say the chances are quite high I'll reach my goal.

Active Sources of Water Retention:
    • Too many carbs/simple sugars at brunch on Sunday
    • Muscle recovery from all the gosh darned spin classes
    • MS medication
    • Too much sodium, not enough other electrolytes
    • Stress from work, health, family, Covid-19
    • Sunburn on my legs and feet
    • Mystery bruise on my leg
    • Curse the MFP Gods placed on me for not logging dinner every day

This Coming Week: I have a barbecue in the park with a few friends on Saturday, and that's pretty much it for my plans that involve being less-than-healthy™. I have a mentorship meeting tonight with some students at my alma mater, a call with friends from college on Friday night, and might be kayaking on Sunday (weather permitting). Which means that muscle recovery source is going to be sticking around for ONE. MORE. WEEK! It's not leaving any time soon, I'm sure.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    09/16 steps 10689
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    I did well yesterday. My MIL visited just for an overnight stay. We ordered Indian take out, which is her favorite. I did very well with portions and eating until I was full. I am really trying to develop and learn in scenarios like this because not every day can be a perfect eating day. The stressful life issues continue, particularly back to school, and I am starting to sound like a broken record. As Theresa noted, COVID cases are going up here, but our government has promised to keep the schools open and try other measures first, like reducing the size of gatherings, closing bars etc. To help manage the stress, I decided to stop thinking about all of the variables and possible outcomes. There is just no use. I am a planner and problem solver, so this is a good lesson in letting go and going with the flow. I have also started listening to my Calm app more, and discovered that the music section is great and instantly calming, even when I am doing other things. Hope that you all have a great day!

@1Theresamcvean & @minstrelofsarcasm - This week, I will weigh in on Saturday morning instead of Friday. I want to try to flush out some of that sodium from that take away. Theresa, I hope that you feel better and that it is not COVID. Ashley - I love Lucy!

@debbiewsharpe - I hope that MRI goes well next week and I will continue praying for you.

@tryingagain5 - That lost lb is very well deserved, congratulations!
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Ugh.. I've had a super busy week, I'm 5 pages behind in posts and I haven't posted my weigh in from Sunday (sorry!) Better start with the weigh in...

xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Weigh in week 3
    Weigh in day: Sunday (better late than never!)
    PW: 252.2 (114.4kg)
    CW: 256.1 (116.2kg)

So that sucked, but I had another migraine at the end of last week. It cleared up fairly quickly again, but my whole body ached and felt inflamed for days which probably accounts for the higher weight at weigh in. Hubby and I went for a couple of long walks over the weekend, 6km one day and 8.5km the other. Walked along the coast, up over the cliffs as well as over the rocks at points, so a bit of effort went in. Sunday was hubby's birthday so there was also cake. Kahlua mudcake to be precise, and I did eat some. It was delicious.

I've struggled a bit this week with being hungry and had a resurgence of some of my ED thoughts. So I went back to basics, tried to listen to whether my body was hungry or not and eat accordingly, not stressing about calories. At least that's the idea. I swear, sometimes I wish I could eat everything and never eat again, both at the same time. My take-away from the past week is that I still need to work on being kinder to myself. That, and my brain is a conniption but at least I know that now. Knowledge is power and all that. :smiley:

Kristy, I was worried that you'd had another migraine. I'm glad you made it through that and got some good hikes in. I'll bet they were beautiful. Do be kind to yourself. You're doing a great job replacing unhealthy thoughts with good practices. I learn from you all the time. I swear :wink:
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    week 3
    Thursday check in
    PW 159.6
    CW 159.1
  • pacsnc6
    Options
    Another half a pound! Finally I have started dropping a little at a time and the nurse told me last week that I should NOT be losing weight - at least not in big numbers. I said I am trying to lose ten more and he asked Why? I am not really trying hard just watching what I eat and trying to get in more moving around.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food-logged and on target
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-78min bike ride, 2-20 min walks and PT

Great day yesterday! I am going to be honest though, if I didn't put it on here that I was going to ride the entire island, I would have talked myself out of it. I am about 1/2 way down so it really like riding there and back. I am glad that I pushed and went the whole way. I am going to try to do that as much as possible the last few weeks I am down. Jim is coming today for the weekend so I need to get moving. I have to exercise, shower and I have a nail appointment. Daisy is also not feeling well. I am probably going to do a walking video so I am here if she needs to go out. I may end up canceling my nail appointment too. I have a call into the vet so we will see. She has a very sensitive stomach and it seems to be getting worse as she gets older.

@1theresamcvean I hope you feel better soon. I was positive with antibodies but my doctor told me at the time not to be too confident because they didn't know how long that would last. I am interested what the results of your covid test will be.
    @Freeglerock Nice loss!! I like your goals for the week. You got this!
    @podperson1 Feel better soon
    @tryingagain5 Nice loss!
    @lennoncpa I love that you are able to get together to dance outside. I hope there is another way to get together safely when the weather changes. I don't think it is uncommon to be cranky these days with everything going on in the world. I actually limit my news because of that. Hang in there, things will get better eventually. xo. I am in Sea Isle NJ. It is very busy during the summer but lovely off season. I love September down here.
    @kandi3570 I am glad your back is feeling better. What a productive day you had! I would have done the same thing with the lumber in the car lol! Sounds like you may have found the answer to the evening hunger although I am sure that keeping busy helps too.
    @mainebeachbum Sometimes you just need more fuel. Sounds to me like you were making sure you were hungry before you ate. I think that is important to notice, I know I am so focused on hunger lately but that is what I need to work on Lol!
    @debbiewsharpe I am sorry that the scan picked up another growth but you are right, they did pick it up early so that is good. I am sure the not knowing is difficult, hang in there. I am sending prayers and hugs. I am glad that you are able to go out with your husband now. That will be nice. I am also happy your were able to get together with your friends, that salad sounded amazing! I don't get the boiled peanuts Lol! My father was in the Masons in Florida and they sold boiled peanuts as a fund raiser. They did really well so I know people love those peanuts!
    @Freeglerock You are really doing great lately. Evening snacking is a problem for many, me included. I am dabbling in IF for that. I am trying to do the 14 hours so I am basically not eating from 7pm to 9 am. For some weird reason, I don't eat a night when I am fasting. I would much rather eat at 9 am than eat at night and push my morning time back. If that makes sense. I just thought I would share incase that is something that would work for you.
    Thanks for sharing about work, I am so curious what is going on out there.
    @minstrelofsarcasm Thank you for taking the time to explain the water retention. It does get discouraging when the numbers aren't going down on the scale but you are following your plan. That is where I am now. This is something that would make me give up in the past but I am beyond that now. I will keep moving on and be happy I am not going up.
    @Cafelelia How nice your MIL was able to visit. One of these days I am going to try Indian Food. It is hard to let go and go with the flow but it will help your sanity now a days. Hugs!
    @pacsnc6 Nice loss! You must be looking good if the nurse is asking why you want to lose 10 more pounds :)
  • pacsnc6
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    I think the docs don't want you losing weight during chemo because big drops in weight signal something wrong with your body. He did say a couple pounds is nothing to worry about. So who guess I will try to take it slow!
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    Options
    I still haven't properly caught up, but I do want to say that I appreciate you all being here for support! It's such a great group to be a part of. 🙂💪

@sleepymom5 I did make the cake but I didn't decorate it, just put a chocolate ganache on top. Hubby isn't fussed and I felt like I'd been hit by a truck over the weekend. Kahlua mudcake was his only request, we had that as our wedding cake and every few birthdays I get a request to make it for him. His mother actually made our wedding cake.

It amazes me how I can go from feeling dreadful to feeling normal again really quickly, but most of this week I've felt fine. So I've been making the most of it while I can - getting in spin sessions and weight sessions as well. Also yoga because that makes a huge difference. I even got on the cross trainer yesterday which I have avoided for a while because it's hit and miss if it triggers pain, but no problem, I felt fine. Long may it last!
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Thursday check in
    Food: Logged and under
    Water: Good! Over 1.5l
    Exercise: 11,322 steps

Accountability check list (Weds-Tues):
    * Do at least 30min exercise (other than walking) 6/7 days - NO 1/2
    * Drink at least 1.5l of water - DONE 2/2
    * No eating after 9pm (I'm terrible for late night snacking......) - DONE (mainly because I was asleep before 9pm!) 1/2
    * Post here for accountability each day - DONE 2/2
    * No alcohol 6/7 days - DONE 2/2

Yesterday I was generally on plan, and was intending to exercise in the evening once the kids were in bed, but come 8pm I was feeling so tired I ended up falling asleep on the sofa. Today is a non work day, and other than getting my car MOT'd I have no other pressing plans so will try to get some exercise in before collecting the kids from school.

@minstrelofsarcasm Wow, that is an insane amount of spin classes. You make me curious to trying spinning again. And good job on the blueberry cake that takes willpower!
    @Cafelelia I love, love live Indian food. On recent take-outs we have gone for spiced chicken or prawn dishes (no sauce), i.e.tikka or Shashlick, salad and naan , and it has not been too disastrous to the scales. Your coping mechanisms for the stress sound sensible (I think I may try the Calm app myself). It is difficult at the moment, and it is impossible to feel in control of the situation so I completely understand. Big hugs to you x
    @Sleepymom5 Well done on pushing yourself to complete the whole island. It can be so easy to ditch midway, but a great feeling at the end if you don't! I googled the island yesterday - the beach looks amazing! Bet it is a lovely place to be. Thank you for the IF recommendation. I was doing it (loosely as I ignored my milky coffees!) a few months back - trying 8pm-noon 16:8, and it worked well. I'll give it a try again as I recall the conscious decision to start the clock did help. Thank you for the reminder!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Pleased to see you are feeling better. And agree - Long may it last!
This discussion has been closed.