Weight No More - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check in. I’m at 1030 calories will probably snack before bed. I’m not sure. I try to stay a little higher but I got a very late dinner. I’m at 12800 steps so I’ve met my goal. It was another stressful day with too many things on my to do list. Aside from 2 stops at my house today to change out of my work clothes and eat and let my dogs out, I just got home at 7:30. I got up for work at 5. So I’m spent and tired I drove a lot today running errands and had a meeting for my volunteer work. Which is off now because of covid or I would be much busier. 👀. I’m off to shower and will post updates again tomorrow.
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Wednesday check-in
    Habit tracker 100%
    -64 oz water
    -prelogged Thursday meals
    -12,045 steps
    -30 minutes walked (24 in am with dog + 30 in pm on treadmill)

Slow day at work, got out two hours early so steps were much lower than usual when I got home. I’m still struggling with the treadmill, but after initial ankle soreness wore off, I was able to speed up to 3.5 mph for about 10 minutes of it. That’s a new record!

@goingape Congratulations on wearing your ring! I’m so looking forward to wearing my engagement ring and a ring hubs gave me for our 5th anniversary at some point again.

@debbiewsharpe I seriously considered making a lemon pie after reading about it, but since I am the only one that would eat anything lemon in my house, I decided it was probably not a good idea!

One more day of work and looking forward to a 4 day weekend with no plans! Yay!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    September Week One

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 166.2 (August 27th)
    CW (Current Weight): 163.4 (September 3rd)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 70.6 lbs

I... have no idea how that happened. And I have no clue if this will be a lasting drop, or if it was a dehydration-induced mirage and we'll see a gain next week. I've seen both things happen in my several years with MFP, so I guess we'll have to just wait and see! :sweat_smile:

Food: I've been mostly on track this week, with a few slips into after-dinner snacking when I clearly should not have been eating. This week has been very stressful, so I'm going to blame work for any bloat or discomfort I've felt.

Exercise: I overdid it. Over the past week, I've ridden in eight classes, contributing to having been in the spin studio ten days in a row... So, it's time to take a rest day and let my muscles recover a bit. Riding again on Friday, but Saturday might also turn into a rest day, depending on how my legs feel.

@mainebeachbum - If you make a lemon pie, give me 12 hours and I'll be there to help you eat it! Enjoy your long weekend!

@kandi3570 - Maybe Covid-19 is just doing you a solid by keeping you from sheer exhaustion?

@sleepymom5 - LOVE that NSV! I can relate. There have been times in my weight loss adventure where I've felt that my stomach has just gotten smaller out of nowhere. I'm assuming it's the effect of the body recomposing itself (i.e. the fat moves to other parts of the body), but I don't know for sure. Such an awesome feeling. And YOU did all the work to make it happen!

@lennoncpa and @Cafelelia - Sometimes I'm jealous of you shorter folks. I, at 5'7"-ish, can't see the small changes in weight. Which is fine when I'm gaining, but disheartening when I'm losing. My mom is 4'10", and everyone could instantly tell when she lost her first 10 pounds, whereas I think I had to lose 30 before anyone noticed anything.

@annliz23 - There are always other types of teas (black, white, herbal, etc.), or blends of green tea with other varieties. You'll find antioxidants in most teas, and they'll keep you hydrated to an extent, so play around with what color tea suits you best. I tend to gravitate towards black teas because they taste better with cinnamon (which I throw into all of my hot drinks for cinnamon's metabolism-boosting properties). But I agree with @podperson1 - green tea with some fruity flavor is the way to go.

@goingape - Congrats on being able to wear your ring!!! I always loved when a ring that used to fit on my pinky now fits on my ring finger or even my middle finger. It's the little things :heart:
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    09/02 steps 12552
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    ljdanny
    week 1
    thursday
    pw 195
    cw 193.2
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    well that was a nice little surprise on the scale. yesterday i went and bought a new food scale hoping it works out well, i didn't take it out of the box yet. i bought a sub for dinner because i was home alone and didn't feel like cooking. i only ate half of it though. this is an extra long weekend for me i always take friday off for labor day. i planned on going to zumba in the morning but a company is supposed to be coming to clean my couch, i'm not holding my breath though, i have a funny feeling they are not coming. i am going to try to get my husband to go on a little hike saturday, not holding my breath there either. the kids are all coming over sunday for a cookout and swimming because it's almost time to close the pool. i hate when summer ends.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    PW 160
    CW 159.8
    LTD ~20
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Labour Day as the New New Year's Day - Tip 1
    9dhf5pfwyxv4.jpg
    Starting on Tuesday, I'm going to incorporate Habit Stacking

This method, created by BJ Fogg as part of his Tiny Habits program, can be used to create any new habit.

With every habit we build, the brain builds a strong network of neurons to support your current behaviour. So the more you repeat something, the stronger and more efficient the connections become.

We all have really strong habits that we don’t even think about; opening the blinds in the morning, taking a shower, making coffee in the morning, reading the news…and with habit stacking we can take advantage of those already existing connections to build new habits.

This is how:

Take any already ingrained habit and stack a new behavior that you want to make a habit on top.

So rather than trying to create a habit based on time or location, you are pairing it with something you already do.

Makes sense right?

By linking your new habits to a cycle that is already built into your brain, you make it more likely that you’ll stick to the new behavior.

Here are a few examples:
    • After I turn off my alarm, I will meditate for 5 minutes*
    • After I drink my coffee, I will put my running shoes on and head outside for a walk/run
    • After Sunday breakfast with the family, I will plan my healthy meals for the week
    • After I turn my work computer off at 5pm, I will grab my dumbells and do a weight session

Once you get good at this you can begin to create larger stacks by chaining small habits together.

If you have any good Habit Stack ideas, please share with the team.

*That first example isn't mine. I'd fall asleep if I meditated the moment I turned off my alarm.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Day trip today:
    Durham to Smithfield to the flea market and maybe a museum then to Wilson to see the Whirlygig Park. Really just to see some place different and new to us. And to get away from the house for longer than an hour! Maybe I'll feel less trapped after today. Plan to eat at a Cracker Barrel for a late lunch but that means just a snack at supper so it'll balance out.
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food-logged and over
    Water-80 oz
    Exercise-20 min Leslie Sansone video and PT

I did well with my spaghetti dinner! I actually left spaghetti on my plate which is a big deal for me. I listened to my hunger cues and stopped eating. I actually may have even stopped earlier than I would have because my daughter in law baked lemon cookies and a cookie cake with cream cheese icing and fruit. I think I did well with those too, I had one cookie and a small slice (like 2 bites) of the cookie cake. I had her bring the left overs home. Mary Kate kept a few cookies and a slice of cake. I told her she better eat it because they are temptations for me. She understood. I am not going to say another word and hopefully she eats them or leaves them here to eat and not bring them to the shore. I have a big problem with sweets and it is just easier not to have them around. I am the only one who eats them anyway. So to wrap it up, I did well. I didn't feel stuffed after I ate last night and the scale didn't move this am. I still have that flat stomach feeling today! :)

Back to the shore this afternoon. Daisy looks beautiful after her grooming session yesterday. Today it is my turn. Lol! After my hair appointment today, Daisy, Mary Kate and I will head back to the shore. Mary Kate works at 4pm. I also may get a lobster roll again for dinner since it is just me Lol! I don't know why I am craving them so much lately. Maybe because summer is pretty much over and I don't know how long they will be around. I am undecided if I will work out here in Pa or wait until I get back to the shore. I guess it will depend on the weather, we may have storms. I will get 30 min in regardless even if it is a Leslie Sansone video. This should be a quiet weekend at the shore, looks like just Jim and MK.

Have a great day everyone!

@lennoncpa I love Victorian houses! Please post a pic when it is painted. Cape May NJ is known for it's Victorian houses that are all painted in different colors. I didn't realize that you were able to meet in the park for your dancing. I hope the weather cooperates so you can keep it going as long as possible.
    @goingape I love reading the intros as well. I learn a little more about our members each month. I do like your goals for the month. I find IF helps with the evening snacking for me. I want to be able to eat asap in the am so the quicker I hit that fast button, the better for me Lol! I like your bitmoji. I used to have the same outfit but I changed it and it's not offered anymore :( I got a little distracted and went and put a track suit on mine!
    @annliz23 Nice goals! I like the idea of low cal hot choc. I am sure that is a good thing to have around for my sweet tooth. I am not a fan of green tea either but it is supposed to be so good for you.
    @podperson1 I think my biggest problem with the hunger scale is remembering to do it or just knowing I should but continuing because whatever I am eating is so yummy. I have been working on it for months now and I am doing better. I still have a ways to go but I am doing much better than I was.
    @tryingagain5 I know that the scale is not going the way you want but I do see a change in your posts. You seem to be more positive than you were during the quarantine. I hope as things are getting back to normal in your life, you can start making little changes to get your routine back to where it was pre quarantine. Remember, little changes add up. This is just a little blip on your radar. You have done it before, you can do it again!
    @kandi3570 What a busy lady you are! I can see why you were tired when you posted, I was tired reading it Lol! Sounds like you are doing well even with all your running around. Give your self a pat on the back!
    @mainebeachbum Nice day yesterday! Great job on the treadmill too! It is always nice to set a personal record :)
    @minstrelofsarcasm I am home and have a stationary bike downstairs that has an app? that I can be in a class with my ipad. I have stopped doing the classes and just will hop on for 30 min here and there because of the weather. You have really got me thinking about starting the classes again. (The fact that I am paying for them even when I am not using them should be motivation enough but....) I think I may go down today since it is so humid out,depends on if I workout here or back at the shore later. If not, I am definitely going to make a plan for when I return from the fall. Thanks for the inspiration.
    @ljdanny Nice loss! It is sad that it is already time to be closing the pool. I feel like summer just started. I was thinking this morning that this may be the last opportunity for me to swim. I got my eyebrows tinted yesterdays so I can't swim this trip home.
    @1theresamcvean Once again you got me thinking...I could really use this method as this month I am trying to establish some healthy habits. Thanks for posting and I will let you know how I make out.
    @pacsnc6 Sounds like such a nice day! No one deserves it more than you! Enjoy!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Yesterday went well. Both my husband and I were busy, so ended up ordering wood-oven pizzas for supper. The pizzas were not in my plan, but I did well and ate until a comfortably full. We made a big salad at home and that helped. Sometimes (and it feels like often) things just don’t go as planned, and for me, that is a significant part of figuring out sustainable weight loss. Next week is going to be busy with back to school, plus I am starting some new work files, my husband is crazy busy at work, and the boys have 4 nights of hockey. It feels good to be that busy again, but I am little apprehensive too. I will be doing advance planning and some prep this weekend to make sure that I stay on track.

@lennoncpa, @goingape & @podperson1 - I did not realize we had so many petite team members! We are small but mighty and will smash those September goals!

@pacsnc6 - That is so nice that you were able to get out for a day trip! It really makes a difference during these times. Mmm Cracker Barrel. We don’t have it here in Canada, but I like taking the kids when we are in the U.S. Man, I miss visiting the U.S.! I will never take travel for granted again, ever.

@1theresamcvean - Thanks for that post. I really love the Tiny Habits approach and was even part of that MFP group for a while. It really breaks things down in an understandable way and feels like another take on “slow and steady”. What habits are you cultivating?

@ljdanny - That is a fantastic loss! Congratulations because I know that you really wanted to lose in advance of surgery and have felt a bit stalled lately. Way to go! Where did the summer go? It feels like you just opened your pool.

@minstrelofsarcasm - Fantastic loss!

@mainbeachbum - Great day and amazing steps!

@kandi3570 - You are so busy! Hope that you got a good night’s sleep and feel rested today.

@sleepymom5 - Wtg following you or hunger during the spaghetti dinner! Enjoy the hairdresser!

@goingape - Fantastic NSV and great goals! I like the consignment shop approach for your office clothes and nice coats. I have less business attire in my wardrobe now, but used to do that years ago when I had to wear suits daily. You also reminded me that I need to go through the coat closet too. Enjoy your staycation and try to get some relaxation in too!

@tryingagain5 - Just hang in there, and little by little you will get your habits back in place to lose. I know that you had a busy week and are tired, but don’t give up. You have lost in the past, so you know that you can do it!

@annliz23 - Great September goals and thank you for the inspirational posts! They really help!

@podperson1 - Great day yesterday! I am a Marie Kondo devotee and am pretty sure that I picked up the “closet edit” term from her. But her organizing method is about what “sparks joy”. My current edit is about “what fits?”

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Another good work day yesterday. We had our first Ontario Chapter of the Association of Professional Genealogists meeting after the summer off by video conference and it was so good to see everyone. It's not often these days that you see eight people, even if they are onscreen. Right now, work is my number one priority as last week turned into a family week.

Food-wise, it was an okay day. I was more hungry than usual and tried to keep it under control with healthier foods. So, I ate a huge salad with grilled shawarma skewers as a late supper. I did the prep before the conference call. My plan now is to incorporate my exercise back in and be all set with a shiny new goal and habit list for Tuesday.

I'm loving the fresh evenings and the beautiful late summer cloud formations and sunsets.

@sleepymom5 I love your 'skinny midsection' description. It makes total sense. For some reason for me, the order goes 'skinny hip section' first. I'm not sure I've told you this story before, but I think I may have a reverse body image issue. When I was pregnant and, more recently, when I was at my highest weight, I subconsciously thought of myself as skinny. This was most obvious when I thought I could fit through tight spaces. For example, if a chair and a couch were close together, I'd just think I could slip right through and I'd get stuck.

@mainebeachbum I fall asleep reading too. In fact, I fall asleep sitting up talking sometimes. On another note, some of us Canadians on the team try to adopt our U.S. teammates as Canadians. I've often thought of Maine folks that way. I hope that's okay. You're off to a great start this month.

@goingape I just love your skincare/haircare goal. It makes perfect sense that looking good and feeling good would lead to more good habits. I'm going to adopt that one if you don't mind. I'm very impressed with your C25K goal too.

@annliz23 Do you have STASH tea in the UK? They have several flavours of green tea: https://www.stashtea.com/collections/green-tea and you can get them in the UK at uk.iherb.com and https://www.evitamins.com/uk/ Also, I love your post with the motivational wall mural!

@lennoncpa Clogging in the park sounds joyous. Moving it indoors could pose problems for people with downstairs neighbours. LOL. I can't wait to see a picture of your house painted pink. Here's a snapshot I took with my phone when I was in Alsace a couple of years ago on a genealogy trip to the home of some of my ancestors. It's a small city called Colmar and reminds me of a fairy tale.
    bnob4n6mzd8s.jpg
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Week one of C25K is in the bag. I’m going to get started on week 2 right away.

I tried to get hubs out with me but his crazy tight calf muscles had him bailing out by the third running rotation. Poor guy. We have been walking for months so I thought it would be an okay transition. I think he just has tighter muscles than most.

@jedaschultz I’ve been having a tough time to getting the month off to a good start too. Here’s to us getting a handle on sept. It’s a month of transitions around here with school etc.

@1theresamcvean I’m going to join in on the habit stacking on Tuesday as that will be my return to routine. I will need to ponder what new habits I want to link up.

@sleeymom5 this Bitmoji has been with me for so long. I saw they had new ones but they didn’t jive with me! ; ) enjoy your lobster roll. Sounds delish.

@ljdanny nice loss!!

Food for this week has been not well intentioned. I think I’m going to be facing a gain although my intention was maintenance. I’m going to do a longer fast today to curb my impulsive eating. So easy to slide back to mindless nibbling.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @sleepymom5
    @cafelelia

Thanks for all your support! I am tired from all the OT I've been doing. Hopefully I won't have to work tomorrow night. If I have tomorrow night off, I'll only have 42 hours this week. That check is going to seem really small compared to all the OT check amounts.😉

I will eventually get there. Just found out the gyms can open on September 9th at 25% capacity and with a mask mandate. It's going to be difficult working out with a mask but if that's what it takes to get me in the gym I'll do it. Too bad I can't go that day, I made a commitment to help out in my church's office on Wednesday's but I"ll definitely be there the next day. Hopefully that will help me get back on track with my eating as well.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,282 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean - thanks I will have a look for those teas
  • Melzz19
    Melzz19 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It’s been a crazy week spent yesterday clearing up my area for locates and helping out another locator with her area. We are contract locators so each of us is trained on a different company I mainly do well pads and pipelines. There’s one other girl who the same company as me but she’s got the area north of me. Then the one I helped yesterday does the main electric lines. Then the last locator does gas lines. I’m the only one who’s trained on all the companies so I can jump around and help others out which I love plus it keeps me busy 😊.

Today was even crazier I had a few large pad locates come in. Also have to get my big pipeline project remarked for survey started tomorrow and finished on Tuesday and two more pad locates. The girl up north should be coming down to help me with the pipeline project tomorrow thankfully I’m so lucky I have great co workers. The project is five miles long and walking doubles it and it’s pretty rough terrain. Going to be getting my steps and exercise in tomorrow. Been doing ok on food not great but not terrible I have been keeping my calories down and can’t wait to see what I burn tomorrow 😅

I may have Labor Day off this year but pretty sure the fiancé is working so may take a day trip to the badlands. It’s hit and miss with which holidays we have off.

@ljdanny
    Awesome loss 😊

@1theresamcvean
    I love the habit stacking idea I accidentally did this two weeks ago starting a new skincare routine after my showers 😂 I might have to try a new habit with this method

@pacsnc6
    That day trip sounds so fun I love museums and always try to go to them when traveling there aren’t many around my area.

@sleepymom5
    Awesome at listening to your hunger cues. I struggle with this too. I’m always hurrying though my meals.

@goingape
    Way to go on finishing week one of the C25K

• mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @1theresamcvean I haven’t been to Canada in so long. I used to live near Quebec City, but I bet it’s been 15 years since we last went! Oh, I take that back. I chaperoned a Boy Scout trip to Niagara Falls about 5 years ago, so I was in Canada for a day, but just barely.

And all this talk about lobster rolls, might have to go find one this weekend!

Thursday check-in
    0/4 habit tracker
    56 oz water
    7433 steps
    24 min walk

I just wanted the night off after cooking supper. I stuck to my prelogged food, no extra snacking, just a bit short on getting the extra stretch goals done. But that’s ok! ;)
  • KristieJC
    KristieJC Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, y'all. It's been a really hectic couple of weeks and I've done a terrible job on my eating and exercise plan, as you could see from my Monday weigh-in. School finally starts Tuesday (virtually) and I've been on Zoom meeting after Zoom meeting for my kids' school stuff. I'm on one now. Work has been chaos. I've been running my daughter to summer camp (she needed it after being cooped up with us for months - LOL). I've been taking my son to karate - he's made the commitment to go for his black belt. Whoo! It's been raining all week which has messed up my usual morning cycling. And the worst thing is that my mother-in-law, who I LOVE, had a heart attack and will be having bypass surgery on Tuesday, and we live 350 miles away from her. Her husband and daughter are completely useless. I wish I had been able to be there to deal with all the medical industry BS she's been dealing with. Her heart attack was 11 days ago, and by the time she has surgery, it will have been 16 days. And she has a 95% blockage in one artery!!! I'm beyond livid. My daughter and I will be heading there on Sunday and will spend the week there in a hotel. I'll be working and my daughter will be doing her online classes, and we'll see my MIL whenever we can get into the hospital. Visits are limited so I'm not sure how much we'll see her. If I can get into the hotel I want to get into, I will have a kitchen. My daughter is on a health kick so it'll be easier to stay on plan cause she won't want to eat out at all. And I'm taking my bike. There's a good place near the hospital and hotel where I can ride. I will do my best! I wasn't planning to carry the scale with me, so I may not have a weigh-in next week. But this will pretty much be a vacation. No animals to take care of (2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 gecko, and a tank full of fish), no boys to take care of (hubby and son), and no chores to do around the house. I might actually be able to get on here more next week. I just hope all the animals are still alive when we get home ;)

@1theresamcvean - Thanks for the encouraging words. You are always so supportive.
    @sleepymom5 - Well, it's not going great. haha. But thanks!
    @debbiewsharpe - I need to get on here more and read everyone's stories so I can get to know everyone well. Theresa is really the only one I've talked to much. I wish I had more time to spend reading everyone's posts here. Someday.

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    KristieJC wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, y'all. It's been a really hectic couple of weeks and I've done a terrible job on my eating and exercise plan, as you could see from my Monday weigh-in. School finally starts Tuesday (virtually) and I've been on Zoom meeting after Zoom meeting for my kids' school stuff. I'm on one now. Work has been chaos. I've been running my daughter to summer camp (she needed it after being cooped up with us for months - LOL). I've been taking my son to karate - he's made the commitment to go for his black belt. Whoo! It's been raining all week which has messed up my usual morning cycling. And the worst thing is that my mother-in-law, who I LOVE, had a heart attack and will be having bypass surgery on Tuesday, and we live 350 miles away from her. Her husband and daughter are completely useless. I wish I had been able to be there to deal with all the medical industry BS she's been dealing with. Her heart attack was 11 days ago, and by the time she has surgery, it will have been 16 days. And she has a 95% blockage in one artery!!! I'm beyond livid. My daughter and I will be heading there on Sunday and will spend the week there in a hotel. I'll be working and my daughter will be doing her online classes, and we'll see my MIL whenever we can get into the hospital. Visits are limited so I'm not sure how much we'll see her. If I can get into the hotel I want to get into, I will have a kitchen. My daughter is on a health kick so it'll be easier to stay on plan cause she won't want to eat out at all. And I'm taking my bike. There's a good place near the hospital and hotel where I can ride. I will do my best! I wasn't planning to carry the scale with me, so I may not have a weigh-in next week. But this will pretty much be a vacation. No animals to take care of (2 dogs, 2 cats, 1 gecko, and a tank full of fish), no boys to take care of (hubby and son), and no chores to do around the house. I might actually be able to get on here more next week. I just hope all the animals are still alive when we get home ;)

@1theresamcvean - Thanks for the encouraging words. You are always so supportive.
    @sleepymom5 - Well, it's not going great. haha. But thanks!
    @debbiewsharpe - I need to get on here more and read everyone's stories so I can get to know everyone well. Theresa is really the only one I've talked to much. I wish I had more time to spend reading everyone's posts here. Someday.

Kristie, Big hugs to you. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law. That is so far away and must leave you feeling helpless. Your plan is impeccable. Anyone I know who's had bypass surgery is living well into their 90s. I'll be praying for her and for you. You're sounding feisty, and that's the Kristie I know. Stay strong.
This discussion has been closed.