Options

Replies

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 8,000 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, October 13th

logged: yes
    under: yes
    exercise: yes, just a 20 minute walk in the evening. It gets dark so early, that evening walks aren't as enjoyable right now. (When it's dark and it's evening, you just want to be inside!!) I may have to go in the mornings, even though the mornings are colder.
    water: yes, 8 cups. Would like that to be higher, but need to start drinking earlier in the day to make that happen!
    steps: 12,561

@mooreshelly09, Hi Shelly! Yep, I am here! Still not completely in the zone....but nearly!

@prehistoricmoongoddess, another great weigh-in after another successful week of logging your food, staying in a deficit and getting your exercise and your 10,000 steps in!!
  • murdog3t
    murdog3t Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    Date: 10/13
    Username: Murdog3t
    logged food: yes
    under calories: yes
    exercise: yes
    Steps : 4028
    Water: 96

Just for today: KD 10, 4000 steps 🚶‍♀️, 48 hrs IF,
    Read bible plan , start new 📚, PF. W3. D 2/ 3, RP D 9/ 21 ,

Yesterday : KD 9✅, 4000 steps 🚶‍♀️✅, 24hrs IF✅,
    Read bible plan ✅, start new 📚✅, PF. W3. D rest/ 3, ✅RP D 9/ 21 👎🏻

Happy hump day
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Sat 10/10
    Tracking: yes
    Calories: yes
    Exercise: 25min youtube workout
    Water: 72oz

Sun 10/11
    Exercise: 23min youtube workout

Mon 10/12
    Exercise: 23min walk

Tues 10/13
    Exercise: 44min Wii Just Dance
    Water: 48oz

Sorry I'm so behind on the daily challenge! Thanks for all the support after my weigh in. I'm trying no to be too discouraged because I feel like my body is changing for the better even though my weight is bouncing up and down. On a positive note I'm up to day 22 on my goal of exercising the last 100 days of the year.

I've been using a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor for like 10 years to help keep me motivated during my workouts and have a more accurate number for calories burned. I bought my second one a few years ago and I think it finally died 😥 The company has transitioned to all day fitness trackers so I don't think I'll be able to get a new one which is a big bummer. I have a knock off fitbit but I don't think the calorie count on those are as accurate as the heart rate monitor that uses a chest strap.
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,678 Member
    Options
    thedestar wrote: »
    Sat 10/10
    Exercise: 25min youtube workout

Sun 10/11
    Exercise: 23min youtube workout

Mon 10/12
    Exercise: 23min walk

Tues 10/13
    Exercise: 44min Wii Just Dance
    Water: 48oz

Sorry I'm so behind on the daily challenge! Thanks for all the support after my weigh in. I'm trying no to be too discouraged because I feel like my body is changing for the better even though my weight is bouncing up and down. On a positive note I'm up to day 22 on my goal of exercising the last 100 days of the year.

I've been using a Polar FT4 heart rate monitor for like 10 years to help keep me motivated during my workouts and have a more accurate number for calories burned. I bought my second one a few years ago and I think it finally died 😥 The company has transitioned to all day fitness trackers so I don't think I'll be able to get a new one which is a big bummer. I have a knock off fitbit but I don't think the calorie count on those are as accurate as the heart rate monitor that uses a chest strap.

@thedestar I used to have a Polar and loved it but now I have a Fitbit inspire HR and really like it. The heart rate monitor seems to work pretty well. I've checked my graph after cycling workouts and the peaks line up with the intervals and the HR is consistent with what my Polar would have shown. I can't speak to the calorie burn. I don't eat back my calories, I use them as a cushion to cover errors in weighing / measuring. The Inspire HR is not a top of the line Fitbit (my technologies are always a few years behind state of the art), but I think it is an improvement over a knock off. IMHO B)
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    @prehistoricmoongoddess fabulous weigh in! You are down over 3% for the month!!!

• DaffyGirl88
    Options
    HASWLRS wrote: »
    Tuesday, October 13th

@mooreshelly09, Hi Shelly! Yep, I am here! Still not completely in the zone....but nearly!

@HASWLRS You were missed <3
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    10/14/20
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes
    Steps: 17,877
    Water: 96.9oz
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    10/14/20
    Exercise: yes, walked/jog 2.5 miles
    Steps: 10,554
    Water: 151.8
  • avennlou
    avennlou Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    10/14
    Logged: yes
    Exercise: yes - 30 min walk
    Steps: 5,527
    Water: 96 oz
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Wednesday 14 October
    Track: yes

Water: 120 oz
    Steps 16,875
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Wednesday, October 14th

exercise: yes, a 30 minute walk.
    water: yes, 8 cups
    steps: 9,308

It was an extremely non-productive Wednesday. I got chatting to my SIL on the phone for a good long time and then after that I decided to get groceries instead of going to work. I had a good day of food choices, but after supper I was still in the red because I hadn't moved much all day. So I went for another evening walk, and then came back and drank the last half of my water. (Very much a bottom loaded day!!)

I don't like the new "zone" minutes on Fitbit. I was out walking for a good 30 minutes but Fitbit only auto-recognized and recorded a 15 minute walk! If I am walking for a specific challenge, I will tell Fitbit that I am walking, and stop and start it accordingly....I guess I should maybe do that all the time now.
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    Hey, does anyone else have a completely blank news feed? (Both my laptop and my phone app got nothing!!)
  • avennlou
    avennlou Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    avennlou
    OCT Week 3
    Weigh-in day: THURS
    PW: 239.6
    CW: 237.2
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited October 2020
    Options
    Hey, does anyone else have a completely blank news feed? (Both my laptop and my phone app got nothing!!)

@HASWLRS yep, mine too
    Wednesday, October 14th

exercise: yes, a 30 minute walk.
    water: yes, 8 cups
    steps: 9,308

It was an extremely non-productive Wednesday. I got chatting to my SIL on the phone for a good long time and then after that I decided to get groceries instead of going to work. I had a good day of food choices, but after supper I was still in the red because I hadn't moved much all day. So I went for another evening walk, and then came back and drank the last half of my water. (Very much a bottom loaded day!!)

I don't like the new "zone" minutes on Fitbit. I was out walking for a good 30 minutes but Fitbit only auto-recognized and recorded a 15 minute walk! If I am walking for a specific challenge, I will tell Fitbit that I am walking, and stop and start it accordingly....I guess I should maybe do that all the time now.

Ha! Not sure how this second quote got in there...but curious, I'm not familiar with these Zone minutes of which you speak?

Edit: I Googled it and it turns out that they aren't a thing on the Inspire HR, which explains why I didn't know about them. B)
  • HASWLRS
    Options
    avennlou wrote: »
    avennlou
    OCT Week 3
    Weigh-in day: THURS
    PW: 239.6
    CW: 237.2

@avennlou, almost two and a half pounds gone...that is fantastic!!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Wed 10/14
    Exercise: 28min fitness blender video and 18min walk
    Water:72oz

@DaffyGirl88 I'll have to look into a fitbit. I don't think our finances can swing it right now.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @HASWLRS @DaffyGirl88 I must have missed the glitch! I came on during my breaks at work but didn't notice anything unusual!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    10/15/20
    Steps: 17,202
    Water: 80oz
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Tuesday, October 13th

exercise: yes, just a 20 minute walk in the evening. It gets dark so early, that evening walks aren't as enjoyable right now. (When it's dark and it's evening, you just want to be inside!!) I may have to go in the mornings, even though the mornings are colder.
    water: yes, 8 cups. Would like that to be higher, but need to start drinking earlier in the day to make that happen!
    steps: 12,561

@prehistoricmoongoddess, another great weigh-in after another successful week of logging your food, staying in a deficit and getting your exercise and your 10,000 steps in!!

Thank you @HASWLRS
    I didn't make 10000 steps for a couple of days but I'm back into it again from today.
  • prehistoricmoongoddess
    prehistoricmoongoddess Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Wednesday 14th

Logged food yes
    Under calories yes
    Exercise yes,

Steps 5891

This discussion has been closed.