TEAM: Run Track Minds (October)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• twinkle150
    twinkle150 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Twinkle150
    Day Sunday
    Pw 315.6
    Cw 315.4
  • courtneymjones5297
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm excited to join this challenge with you all and have a little friendly competition and smash our goals together. This is my first time doing one of these! My current weight is 169lbs on 9/25/2020.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m the captain here so please let me know if you have any question or challenge suggestions we could try.

My name is Amy, I’ve been here for a year now, I think... pretty sure October was my first challenge (and I won that month!) and I’ve been captain since December.

I’ve really struggled the last 6 months and have re-gained 30 of the 50lbs I’d lost :( I am recommitting and am going to try and win this month’s challenge too!

For the new people, we run an optional daily check-in so feel free to participate! It can definitely help make you feel more accountable.

The rough format is:
    Daily Post (day)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Under/over
    Exercise: yes/no
    Day: a general statement about how
    Your day was, and particular successes or challenges.

You can definitely add things to this as well, I struggle to get enough water so I often track that in my daily post as well.

Hope everyone has had a great summer, and here’s to an awesome October!!
  • twitch82
    twitch82 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Amanda. I'm a mother of 3 kids, 9, 10, and 16. I do a lot of crafting, which is what got my through the 3 months of not working. About 5 years ago I lost around 45 pounds, an injury put a hold on my weight lose journey. Since then I have struggled to get back on the journey and gained back all that I lost. I have been back on here for over 2 weeks now and have been going strong with my eating, but struggling with exercise. I'm looking forward to this challenge to help achieve my goals and to encourage others with theirs.

My October goals:
    1. Track everything I eat
    2. Stay under 1400 calories each day
    3. Exercise 30min 4 days a week
    4. Drink 80 oz water daily
    5. Lose 6 lbs for the month
  • rawrxamberx
    rawrxamberx Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Amber! I am 29 years old! I’ve been in this group for awhile now and I’ve been off and on cuz I struggle a lot. A lot of my binging triggers is when I’m upset. And when I binge, it’s never the healthy stuff. I’ve lost 5 pounds last month and I’m pretty proud of that! I’m determined to keep moving forward and lose more! Fall is my favorite time of year :smile:

Let’s see some progress everyone!
  • rpspencer1
    rpspencer1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in Monday( should have been Saturday)
    PW: 217
    CW: 217

Hello everyone my name is Robin! This is my third month in the biggest loser and it’s been a fun time. Nice meeting everyone and I’m sure this is going to be another fun filled month of losing pounds!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    twitch82 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,
    My name is Amanda. I'm a mother of 3 kids, 9, 10, and 16. I do a lot of crafting, which is what got my through the 3 months of not working. About 5 years ago I lost around 45 pounds, an injury put a hold on my weight lose journey. Since then I have struggled to get back on the journey and gained back all that I lost. I have been back on here for over 2 weeks now and have been going strong with my eating, but struggling with exercise. I'm looking forward to this challenge to help achieve my goals and to encourage others with theirs.

My October goals:
    1. Track everything I eat
    2. Stay under 1400 calories each day
    3. Exercise 30min 4 days a week
    4. Drink 80 oz water daily
    5. Lose 6 lbs for the month

Great goals!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Daily Post Monday
    Track: Yes
    Calories: Over (by 6 lol)
    Exercise: none
    Day: pretty good day
    Water: 10/10
    Steps:10,102
    Days without binging: 1
  • rpspencer1
    Options
    Daily post Monday
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under
    Exercise: Yes
    Day: today was a pretty good day. I got to the gym and had a great upper body workout and actually stayed within my calorie goal! 😁
  • courtneymjones5297
    Options
    Monday // 9.28.2020
    Weight: 169.6
    Calories: 1750 (goal 1680)
    Protein: 116 (goal 140)
    Exercise: Yes!
    Day: Pretty proud of yesterday! Definitely had a bit too much fun over the weekend (eating out/drinking), so I'm excited to get back on track and I started the week strong!
  • courtneymjones5297
    Options
    If you guys would like to, feel free to add me as a friend for some extra accountability!
  • rpspencer1
    Options
    Daily post Tuesday
    Tracked: Yes
    Calories: Under 😁
    Exercise: Yes! Today was lower body Toning

Day: Today was a good day despite the massive headache I had from not drinking my daily Java!!! I managed to get through the day and get my workout in!

Happy counting everyone!

Robin
  • courtneymjones5297
    Options
    Hey guys! Had a pretty tough day today to be honest, ate A LOT, unfortunately. Does anyone else struggle with bingeing? Seems like it's every other day these days. But I did manage to still get in my daily hike, sooo small victories right?? I am telling myself I'm going to stay consistent through the week, then Sunday night I can have a cheat treat. Feeling like I just need to build that momentum again.
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Hey guys! Had a pretty tough day today to be honest, ate A LOT, unfortunately. Does anyone else struggle with bingeing? Seems like it's every other day these days. But I did manage to still get in my daily hike, sooo small victories right?? I am telling myself I'm going to stay consistent through the week, then Sunday night I can have a cheat treat. Feeling like I just need to build that momentum again.

I struggling with binging SO badly. And a small slip becomes weeks of eating terribly. I’m trying so hard to get back on track after months of off again on again struggles....
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Daily Post Tuesday
    Calories: Under
    Day: good day!
    Water: can’t remember if it was 8 or 10/10 lol
    Steps: 10,016 (had to walk in place for like 15 min to hit my goal of 10k lol)
  • courtneymjones5297
    Options
    Username: courtneymjones5297
    Weigh in week: October week 1
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    Previous Week's weight: 167.2
    Todays Weight: 169.2
  • skullsandskeletons
    Options

Bingeing is my number one problem, so I feel for you! I have a huge appetite and a serious problem with potato chips and pizza. I also like to buy things in bulk and have a tendency to hoard food because I don't like seeing it go to waste. I had to seriously break the cycle of beating myself up after a binge and then throwing my hands up in the air and continuing to binge since I already "failed." Everyone is different, but for me the biggest issue was being too hard on myself and spiraling downward. I still have an occasional binge, but when I do, I try to do it intentionally with the mindset that I want to fully enjoy the food and then get back on track the next day. I also reflect on how yucky my gut feels or how sluggish I feel after eating too much of something. It's a lot of mental work!
  • courtneymjones5297
    courtneymjones5297 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @skullsandskeletons thanks so much for sharing! I definitely get it with that all or nothing thinking. It's like, well, I already went over on calories so may as well just eat everything I want. Then of course you feel terrible after. My biggest trigger is when I get too hungry - so I decided to give myself a bigger calorie range so that I know, even if I go over by a couple hundred, that day is still a success because I'm in my range!
  • courtneymjones5297
    courtneymjones5297 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tuesday // 9.30.2020
    Weight: 169.2
    Calories: 1900 (goal 1500-2000)
    Protein: 160 (goal 140)
    Exercise: Yes!
    Day: Today was so much better than yesterday. Giving myself a bigger calorie range really helped me stay sane and not freak out for eating a bit more than I'd like. If you struggle with the whole "already went over my calories so I may as well just keep going" mindset, I definitely recommend giving yourself a calorie range!
  • AmyG1982
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Calories: A bit over
    Day: pretty good day. Busy at work and decided to go out for lunch but aside from too much coffee I stayed mostly on track
    Water: didn’t count today. Not enough tho!
    Steps: 11,736
This discussion has been closed.