Mission Slimpossible - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• judi_kay_4
    judi_kay_4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It’s been a hectic week. I made a few bad food choices and haven’t walked so I’m very pleased to be one pound down instead of up!

Weigh in Thursday
    PW 236.5
    CW 235.5
    LTD 14.5
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Username: TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 3
    Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous Weight:198.2
    Todays Weight:199.6
    Loss To Date: 64.9

Well, that is what I get for eating a Chic-Fil-A biscuit for breakfast, pizza for lunch, and a sub for dinner. Ohhh and there was candy as well at my all day staff meeting that I might have indulged in. It will be up more tomorrow if I don't starve today! :#
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 It sounds like you guys are enjoying your porch. I'm glad you are narrowing down what is causing your back to hurt.

@TwistedSassette Sounds like you had a good day yesterday, woo hoo! Congrats on that loss!!! I'm sorry about your MIL.

@adhmrh I know what you mean about doing all the right things and then having a gain, that's what happened to me last week. It's like a slap in the face! :( I'm sorry that happened to you, too. Here's to a better week next week. I am glad you had a good staycation and I hope you enjoy your day trip.

Hi all. I'm really tempted to get on the scale today to peak and see where I am but I only weigh-in once a week and that's on Saturdays. I'm out of WW weekly points and I only have 7 daily points left and still have to track my dinner and my dinner will likely be more than 7 points. This means I will go into my remaining FitPoints. I never seem to lose when I dip into my FitPoints, so I am NOT expecting a loss tomorrow. :(

Thursday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: spin bike, walked
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before I eat - not accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - not accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    m7didggv88by.jpg

Thursday Check-in
    🟢Food on plan weighed & logged (all weighed & logged, but one off-plan item - bad planning!)
    🟢Calories in the "Green"
    🟢Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk
    🟢Over 10K steps
    🟢Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods
    🟢In bed by 12

Friday Plan
    It's a big project work day, but I am promising myself a good workout before bedtime.

Weekend plans include meal planning and prep, and a trail hike!

@trooworld
    You sure got a lot done yesterday, as far as your action items! I am crossing my fingers about your weigh-in.

@TeresaW1020
    I am sorry the weigh-in number isn't one you'd have wanted. :neutral: That said, your owning the actions that were ineffective is pretty great! I hear you getting back in action going into the weekend, which is awesome!
    And hurray to figuring out that something at home is bothering your back! That is such a great step forward!

@judi_kay_4
    Congratulations on the great weigh-in! Keep up the great work!

@admrh
    Hang in there! Keep up the good work. It's annoying, but sometimes scales jump for other reasons (like eating salty food).

For me, a big part of the process has been figuring out what *I* have to do, what food and exercise choices I have to make to get results. So if you keep up with your current plan over several weeks and aren't seeing results, you can take a look at tweaking it somehow. It's all a process!

4w5lut3926n0.jpg
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 3
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 258
    Todays Weight: 258
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I feel like I have been so out of touch. I have just read everyones post as I try to catch up. I love this group and miss the days I can't stay in touch.

@Katmary71 You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers!!

@buniphuphu I think you are doing the right thing. You have a great plan. BTW, when I started IF 16:8 I thought I might starve to death before it got to be 11am (I might be slightly dramatic, :wink: ) After a little while it got much easier.

@AustinRauls Thanks so much. I needed to hear that. Keep rocking it, you are doing great!!!

@Jactop Great job on the weight loss!

@vegan4lyfe2012 You are in my prayers!!

@davidji82 You are doing awesome!!! Great weight loss and workouts!

@gwamajtw91 Great weigh in!!

@bethanie0825 I'm with you!!! I hate to gain - but today is our new day!!!

@trooworld Thanks!!! Today is a brave new day!! You are accomplishing so much!! What an inspiration you are!!

@GabiV125 Great plan!! I love this time of year. Soups and stews are my favorite too!!!

@TeresaW1020 Thank goodness this is a journey and not a race!!! Today is a new day and we can do this!! (That was probably more for me than you, :smirk::wink: ) Loved the pictures and hearing about your trip!!

@GretchenReine We definitely have a love/hate relationship with the scale!! Day by day, we can do this!!!

@emj90210 I know what a bummer that can be! Just climb right back on that wagon!!! You got this!!!

@judi_kay_4 Way to go!!!

@anido1 The weekends can be tough! Just stay mindful as you make decisions.

@TwistedSassette Great weigh in. You are doing awesome!!! So glad you can take the time to enjoy your sweet family!!

@miriammuhindi Great weigh in!!!

I sure hope I didn't leave anyone out. If I did, please know it wasn't intentional!!! Our day trip has been postponed, hubby isn't feeling too well today. So I will take this time to plan meals for next week and get a good work out in.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!!

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Cornanda wrote: »
    I am sending out an SOS for @Katmary71. I see no likes, comments or posts which is very unlike her and she has been unwell. Concerned.

I’m hoping this means that she’s busily off having the appointments that she has been needing for so long! ❤️

Hey there, she is feeling well enough to be posting supportive comments on the pages of friends this evening, so hopefully she will pop in here soon.

Phew!

That's good to hear! Thanks!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Hi all- Been keeping up with posts and thinking of ya'll, but not posting. I had quite the party week. Went to visit the kids last weekend- 3 days of junk food. I did exert some control, but just very different than my usual diet. Monday was my wedding anniversary- @TeresaW1020 - we are almost twinsies. That meant a bit more junk food. Can't really expect much when you are way over on calories for 4 days out of 7. I got right back on track and had 3 good days this week. I still feel the "looserness" in my pants that started last week. Been dreaming about some new things to wear and that has been exciting and motivating to me.

Life happens. Fresh start now that weigh in is done.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @adhmrh I’m glad that you had a great staycation and don’t worry about that small gain. It will come off as soon as you are back on your plan. :) I hope your hubby feels better soon.

@judi_kay_4 Congrats on your weigh-in this week! B)

@trooworld Fingers are crossed that Saturday’s weigh-in will be good to you! <3

@daviddji82 Great loss this week1 I would say that your exercise is definitely paying off for you. B)

@AustinRuadhain Have a great time hiking. That sounds fun! Yeah, I can’t gripe about my weight being up when I did it to myself. But I have a whole new plan that I started today. More below. ;)

@Cornanda Wow if you had three days of junk food you should be happy with such a small gain on the scale. But yup it helps when we get right back on our plan. New clothes are a big motivator for me too. I turn 55 in March and I will need new spring/summer clothes are they WILL be in a smaller size. :#

@Jactop That is a good strategy to only do the unhealthy choices a small percentage of the day. You know that if you own what you put in your mouth you are much less likely to beat yourself up for it, which is never helpful. :)

@Katmary71 Thinking of you, friend! <3

Hello everyone!! TGIF!! B) Today, hubby and I went out and bought me a new office chair that will arrive by Tuesday. It was more money than we wanted to spend but it fits me perfectly with great lumbar support and has many adjustable features. I’m hoping with the new chair and taking a break from my normal workouts that I will finally get this back issue under control. Because if I don’t hubby will drag me to the doctor, and I don’t want that! :# I am also starting a new way of fasting that began today. Basically, what I’m doing is Mon, Wed, and Fri I will only eat one small meal that is under 500 calories. Then on Tue, Thur, and Sat, I will eat two meals. Sunday will probably be a snack and a normal dinner. The point of the days with two meals following the low-calorie day is to not let my body think it’s not going to get food and damage my metabolism. I plan to keep the low-calorie days very low carb, which will give me less of an insulin spike. I’ve been reading that this can really help with weight loss. Many do full ADF where they don’t eat all day and I have done that but it’s hard and I don’t sleep well. So, I’m going to commit to this for the next month and see what happens. :)

100-Day Challenge Goals: Day 31
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. Fasted 22 hrs. and 45 min. hours. 15 minute eating window and then I will fast until 11:30 am tomorrow.
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning). 30 minute treadmill. I’m working on my back issue and taking a break from my normal Beachbody workouts.
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs. Dinner was 430 calories and 25 total carbs. Should have been fewer carbs, but that Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce is just soooo tasty!
    4. Have quiet time with God through prayer and reading. I haven’t yet today, but I actually plan to go do a little Bible study right after I post this.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - your IF schedule has been very impressive. I’m still at the beginner level with my 14-20h fasts, but my best friend is with you (17 weeks , 18lb and one week of 1/1 days when the rate slowed down). We are having weekly in depth conversations about this and I’m fascinated.
    Currently my job has been too stressful to have the mindset to do this, so I’m going on the (very) slow and steady route that so far, works for me.
    From the stands, I can’t wait for your future posts!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thanks! You have been rocking your action items, too! :)

@adhmrh Thank you. I'm sorry you had to postpone your trip, I hope your hubby feels better soon. Taking advantage of the time to plan meals and work out is an excellent idea! Have a wonderful weekend!

@Cornanda Happy anniversary!

@TeresaW1020 That's good you got a new office chair. Sometimes we have to pay for better support. I know I didn't want to pay for a better chair, but I'm glad I did. I don't have any pain anymore when I sit on my chair. I hope it works out for you.

Hi all. Yesterday ended up being a good day. I was really, really busy from the time I woke up to the time I ended the day. Work was slammed and I thought I wouldn't get the things I wanted to accomplish done in my personal life but I did. I ate the way I wanted, I was under in my WW points for the day. I got some exercise in and I squeezed in a meditation session later in the day. All good.

Friday:
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: physical therapy exercises, walked
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before I eat - not accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - not accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    mrdmjaatfuam.gif
    Friday Check-in
    🟢Food on plan weighed & logged
    🟢Calories in the "Green"
    🟢Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk (after giving myself permission to have it be my rest day, I went walking anyway!)
    🔴Over 10K steps
    🟢Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods
    🟢In bed by 12
    I just didn't check my overall steps number until too late. Ah, well, Back at the 10K game today!

@Firefly743 @davidji82
    Great weigh-in! Congratulations! 🥳

@trooworld
    What a great day yesterday! And hurray for that great weigh-in! You are doing so many good things for your health and fitness, that maybe they just outweighed the chocolate bar! So awesome that you didn't let that stop you and ended up under for the week! 🎉
    And your note about my ricking things too made me smile! 😀

@mss9675
    Hey there! If we can support you in any way, let us know! 👐🏽

@GabiV125
    Hurray for your having found something that works for you, mind and body! Even if it's slower than you would like! 🥳

@TeresaW1020
    Congratulations on having that new chair on the way! It sounds like a great fit. I hope it does the trick!
    And hurray for your new fasting plan. It sounds like you are tweaking and adjusting based on what works for you -- so smart! 😀
    I am so lookin forward to hearing about your new spring and summer clothes!

@Jactop
    We could all do to listen to your words of wisdom some weeks:
    when I step on the scale I feel like I'm on a game show waiting to see what number comes up which is why I try not to take it too seriously. Sometimes it doesn't reflect our efforts and other times it shows a loss we didn't deserve (love that). Don't let it get you down.
This discussion has been closed.