• itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Weigh in day Saturday
    Itsmegina
    PW 148.6
    CW 148.6

I guess I’ll take it. I’m meeting most of my daily goals except logging all food consistently so I’m not surprised with this.
    Have a good weekend, everyone!

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @TwistedSassette

Thanks for your encouraging words.

My room is too small to walk around on Zoom calls but it's a good suggestion.

@apple852hk You walked 11 miles?! I would die. Let alone two days in a row! :open_mouth: With the Zoom meetings, I know some people walk around their house while on the call - is that an option? Might keep you awake better than chocolate!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 19: Sunday 11 October
    1. Log calories eaten: Yes - 10/19
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 9/19
    3. Record a calorie deficit: No - 8/19

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 3 - Oct 2020 Sunday
    PW 132.9lbs (60.3kg)
    CW 132.7lbs (60.2kg)
    LTD about 45.8lbs (20.8kg)

Maintained - I'm happy about that as I ate lots of cake for family celebrations and a croissant bread and butter pudding with at least 150ml of single cream, even though I was sharing.

Hardly walked this week as I had a Zoom conference. But vow to walk at least 1hr every day this coming week if it's just drizzle.

Really bad I didn't eat dinner for 2 days in a row due to the conference and my sleep pattern disturbed. So lucky not added weight with such a change.

Still trying to eat through the canned food. I did buy some chicken drumsticks. Must try eat a little bit more meat protein.

GOALS:
    1. Eat through canned food only buying salad
    2. Perhaps buy chicken and eat more protein

Have a good week ahead🥰
  • gharvey2753
    gharvey2753 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Weigh in gharvey2753
    Previous 182.6ibs
    Current 185ibs

A bad week but this week is the one
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @adhmrh Thank you so much, I appreciate it! It surely is. :) That's wonderful that one of your sons could join you on your trail walk. I hope you enjoy your hubby's birthday!

@AustinRuadhain Thanks! I sure hope so. I've hit that 20-lb mark a couple of times now, I bob back and forth on it lol. Yes, exercise in the morning is great: it sets the tone for the day not only for exercise but for health in general: I seem to eat better and behave better! I hope you can throw in some morning walks.

Hi all. I had a lovely walk at the Botanic Gardens yesterday. It was a big place and so I got a good amount of exercise in. It was pretty hot so I also sweated a lot, what do they say about sweat is fat crying? lol I ate a late lunch so I didn't end up eating dinner, which was good because lunch was homemade pizza and a lot of WW points. Today I'm going to be cooking and just doing household stuff. I am including a picture from yesterday's exploration of the gardens. It is a picture of the bamboo gardens part of the gardens. I thought it was really peaceful and lovely.

Saturday:
    Calories: over/under: under
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk at Botanic Gardens
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before I eat - 50% accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - 100% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal

3d6yjjm2zr6g.jpg
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    Yes, exercise in the morning is great: it sets the tone for the day not only for exercise but for health in general: I seem to eat better and behave better!
    So true. I always find exercise in the morning leads to better food choices all day and it helps loosen everything up so I feel more agile which in turn makes me feel like being more active throughout the day.

Even just 10 min helps so I'm trying to get away from the idea that it needs to do a full workout.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Great that you got in a fun day of activity and got to enjoy beautiful nature. :)

@gharvey2753 We all have off weeks. You will make it happen for yourself next week. :)

@apple852hk It looks like you not eating dinner helps balance the cake and other yummy foods. ;)

@AustinRuadhain LOVE that graphic to remind us to be proud of ourselves in our journey and not just wait for that magical day where we have arrived. Would you say that celebrating the progress along the way helped you as you were losing your weight? :)

@adhmrh Thank you so much for your sweet words. <3 And thank you for your prayers for my church and my poor back. It really is hard to figure out what to do when we don’t know what tomorrow will bring. But then did we ever really know what tomorrow held. We just do our best. I haven’t yet researched CBD oils. I may try some alternate day fasting first to see if that might help with my back and with my pain. I’ve been listening to podcasts and now I’m inspired.

@raleighgirl09 So glad to read that your family is doing better and that your tender-loving care can ease up a bit. Waiting to find about getting a job is the worst. Especially when you really want it. I knew about the church admin position for 6 months before I finally got hired. They wanted to find a new music minister first. It was an act of God that I didn’t nag pastor every time I saw him. :D

Hi everyone! Today was a good day. I did a 60-minute booty workout this morning before church and I kept my eating very low carb. Tomorrow, DH and I will be gone all day for our anniversary which is on Tuesday. We are getting up early and driving 2 hours to Blue Ridge, GA where we will do an hour-long scenic train ride, hang out in these two border towns for two hours where we will eat lunch and shop, and then ride the train back. It is supposed to be a beautiful fall day and I’m looking forward to seeing how pretty the leaves look. The train is an open car so I should get some nice pics. When we come back home, we are going to dinner at a local brewery. I figure if we drink a little too much beer it will be ok because the place is less than a minute from my house. :grin: I will be back to check in with you all on Wednesday. :)
  • Jactop
    Options
    Woohoo! Finally caught up on all the posts. Sorry I haven't been checking in or contributing to the group. I read while exercising and can't keep up my pace if I type.

@TeresaW1020 I've tried several CBD oils, creams and various products and they did nothing. I finally caved and tried a salve with 280mg THC and 80mg CBD. It also has Frankincense, Pepermint and Sage so not sure if that helps but it works great. My pain is from arthritis and inflammation but my daughter was sore after a workout and put it on one side only to see how well it worked and she loved it.

My husband started using it yesterday too. Not sure what he did to his back but he couldn't bend over to put his socks on so I rubbed some on his back and now he's a fan too. Thank goodness. I don't do socks. I love him I didn't sign up for that

I was sceptical about the THC because I thought it would make me high but apparently it doesn't work that way. I was told the molecules are too large to be absorbed into the bloodstream.

• vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Week 3
    Sunday
    PW 195.0
    CW 194.6
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain I love that compounding self-improvement chart! It is so true, and shows how the little steps we take really do add up in the long run.

@trooworld It's frustrating when you don't get the results you were hoping for on the scale! But you've definitely made strides toward better health and that's more important than the number on the scale.
    If nobody else has claimed the HeadSpace pass, could I grab it? I have been interested in meditation for some time, but don't really know where to start!
    Also, thank you for sharing the photo of the bamboo garden - it looks really lovely! I've never seen bamboo growing before.

@raleighgirl09 Best of luck with the job hunting! Sounds like you have some promising leads so I hope it all pans out for you.

@adhmrh I hope you enjoyed the birthday dinner!

@TeresaW1020 I wish there were a brewery just a minute from my house! Or maybe not, or I'd be even larger :lol: The train ride sounds lovely though, I hope the weather is nice.
    I don't know about the CBD oils (I couldn't use them anyway since I work on a mine site and am subject to random drug tests - I can't even eat anything with poppyseeds as it shows up as an opioid!). But if your problem is with inflammation I can share a little knowledge I got from my Mum. She has arthritis (mostly in her knees, from years of horseriding), and she takes two products daily which really make a huge difference to the inflammation:
    • Red krill oil
    • Glucosamine Chondroitin + Turmeric
    In Australia we use a brand called Bioglan for these, not sure if they're worldwide or not. After I had my baby, I suffered from DeQuervain's Syndrome (or "Mummy Thumb") which is caused by inflammation in the wrists & particularly the thumb. So I started taking these as well, and it made a HUGE difference. If I skipped a day, I really felt it.
    I don't know if you've tried this sort of thing already so just ignore me if it's not relevant! But I always like to mention it when I hear people having inflammation issues as it really does work and it's a relatively cheap option to take a couple of pills a day!

Some really great weigh-in results from so many people this week! Congrats to all our losers, and keep up the great work!!

I had Friday off work to go do some shopping in a nearby city. It was a big day, we left home at 6:30am and got back at 7:15pm. My little toddler is a trooper - normally he naps for at least 1.5 hours after lunch but obviously that's not really possible when you're out and about. He fell asleep in the car while we were driving across town to have some lunch, and woke up maybe 20 mins later. And he napped for close to an hour on the drive home. But that's it - and he was still a relatively happy boy!
    On Saturday I took him to a friend's place for brunch and the kids all ran around and rode trikes & scooters - he wanted a go as well so I got lots of steps in pushing him around and he sure slept well that afternoon! The rest of the weekend was just a bit lazy, we watched some motorsport and cleaned up the house a bit, and hubby did some more work on getting the gate automated. The weather wasn't nice, a bit stormy, but no rain came in the end.

So it's Monday morning now, and I'm aiming to have an active and on-track week! I have a short week at work again, but I would like to start doing some exercise in the mornings before work. I always have my alarm set early enough to do that, but I tend to snooze it several times...usually because I've gone to bed too late and find it hard to get up. So I will try getting to bed on time this week, and I've also started back on iron and magnesium supplements to help my energy levels.

Here's to a happy & healthy week, everyone!

100 DAY CHALLENGE GOALS
    Day 26: Sunday 18 October
    1. Log calories eaten: No - 14/26
    2. 20 mins exercise: Yes - 14/26
    3. Record a calorie deficit: Unknown - 12/26
  • Jactop
    Options
    After I had my baby, I suffered from DeQuervain's Syndrome (or "Mummy Thumb") which is caused by inflammation in the wrists & particularly the thumb.
    Interesting. Ive never heard of this. After my first pregnancy my thumbs and wrists ached. My dr. diagnosed it as Carpal tunnel syndrome and had me wear wrist braces.
    Thanks for the supplement recommendations. I'm going to ask my Naturopath about them.

@TereasW1020 I meant to add this to my last post. This pain relief cream works just as well as the canibus cream I've been using. I can't use it at work because of the Menthol and Camphir smell which is the only reason I switched. I first tried it at my Naturopaths office. She has samples on the counter. I put some on my sore neck, went shopping and noticed the pain was gone in about 15 mins so went back and bought a tube. I've also purchased it in Amazon https://www.amazon.ca/Kalaya-Naturals-Ultimate-Pain-120g/dp/B00D2M4W0M/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=kalaya+pain+relief+extra+strength&qid=1603072105&sprefix=kalaya&sr=8-3

• adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Well it has been a busy weekend. Hubby’s bday celebration with the family was great. Now we are having a “staycation”. We have both taken the week off and are going to enjoy local things with some friends. I will do my best to stay up to date on how everyone is doing. Please forgive me if I don’t respond much. Looking g forward to some much needed relaxing and exploring with my guy!!! Hope everyone has an awesome week!! ❤️❤️
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check-in
    🟢Food on plan weighed & logged
    🟢Calories in the green
    🟢Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk (45 min platform stepping, 58 min walk)
    🟢Over 10K steps
    🟢Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods
    ⚪In bed by 12 (that's the plan!)

Is anyone else checking out this week's challenge, Self Care Bingo?
    I have gotten started. This is a nice challenge!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10813037/october-week-3-self-care-bingo-challenge-10-18-to-10-24

Okay, I want to catch up, but I have to head out and get to bed before midnight!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Hey team!
    Exercise- stretching
    Calories- over

I'm pretty much benched, I couldn't even do mind yoga this morning without modifications! It's been a crazy week, I either sprained my upper back or the pain has spread, the rest is crazy bad, and they think my immune system crashed from all the steroids, the flu shot, and meds to the point that I was in a wheelchair and needed to be helped everywhere at the ER. I texted my brother to make sure my cats had a home if I didn't make it, that's how awful I felt! I've been to the hospital twice, had two urgent care appointments via phone, and crashed on the floor of my doctor's office Friday until they could see me at the nurse's urging. Good news is I don't have MS or need immediate back surgery like suspected yesterday. Bad news is I need to get in with a rheumatologist, pain doctor, and neurologist ASAP which is a joke. I was honestly hoping I needed back surgery, yeah it's a year recovery but I've been through it before and could handle that easier than what I'm dealing with now. I have a bunch of new back problems but my pain is more than they suggest. So, I did get somewhere, I just have a long way to go.

I'm reading all your posts, sorry for not commenting more but I'm on my phone, it's hard to use my laptop right now.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Yes, it was fun! I can't wait to see some pics of your trip. It sounds like it will be fantastic!

@vegan4lyfe2012 I wanted to tell you thanks for that tip about the tea and water: I've been making my water like that for several days now and it has really increased my water intake!!!

@TwistedSassette That's true! I just need to keep my head down and keep at it. You absolutely can have that pass. I just need to email it to you so if you don't feel comfortable sharing your email here, message me privately with your email and I'll send the invite to you. I'm glad it will go to good use! re: the bamboo...I've never seen it growing either, it's beautiful, isn't it? Wow, that was some shopping day lol! Your toddler was a trooper. Have a great day!

@adhmrh Enjoy your staycation! :)

@AustinRuadhain Looks like you had a good day yesterday! Woo hoo! I didn't know about the challenge, it looks great. I will try to participate.

Hi all. I had a great rest day yesterday. Just lounged around. I made a mushroom cheesesteak sandwich for lunch which was fantastic and quite a bit of my WW points for the day (but worth it). Today, I'm back on my program.

Sunday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: ----
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before I eat - 100% accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - 100% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - 50% accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
This discussion has been closed.