Mission Slimpossible - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• judi_kay_4
    judi_kay_4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I messed up! 🙁 I posted my status on Sunday but forgot I asked to move to Thursday. I don’t know how to delete my post from Oct 11. Also when posting my previous weight is that from when I started or since I started with this group?
    Judikay4
    Heaviest wt 250
    Oct 1 wt 239.5
    CW 236.5
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 The zinger teas are good, I just tried the Sangria one because it has hibiscus in it which helps high blood pressure, it's pretty tasty. Celestial Seasonings has one called Tension Tamer, if you like mint check it out. I went to college in a beach town so it was damp a lot of the time, I'd take a huge mug if it to class every day and share with my friend.

@GretchenReine Welcome back!

@TeresaW1020 I'm sorry to hear you're not doing well. I've used oral CBD and it didn't do anything, I even tried drinking half the bottle and that was before what I'm going through now. I just started using a hemp cream, it helps a little for about an hour or two then I need to use more. I'm in various pain groups and people do have success with it, I just don't seem to be one of them.

@Cornanda Thank you, I appreciate your support.

@AustinRuadhain Thanks for the James Clear inspiration! Something to think about for sure.

@adhmrh Thank you, I appreciate it!

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    Thursday check-in
    Exercise- chair cardio, stretching, 5 Tibetans, arm resistance bands
    Calories- slightly over, my Fitbit didn't log my workout though it was a short one

Feel pretty bad today. Bright spots was an awesome rep from the insurance calling offices with me today, we spent two hours together mostly on hold, it's kind of satisfying to hear someone else ask if the hang ups and transfers are for real. She couldn't come to dinner, she's not in the state, but she told me how happy she was that she had the chance to talk to me and how I'd changed her life by inspiring her to be stronger about her health issues. She poured it on pretty thick with the office too, I couldn't stop laughing when the guy answered the phone after over an hour an hour and she said how happy she was to talk to him and how he was just the person to finally change my life. I also found someone who lives a couple minutes away that was GIVING AWAY HARDBACKS! Total score, they wanted me to take as many as possible because they're moving, I have 50 new books! Yeah, decluttering is going GREAT! Bad side is I'm really nauseous and despite the hospital yesterday I'm doing a lot worse, the last two weeks I've worsened a lot and I still don't have a neurology appointment. I'm going to take a sleeping pill and hope to get some rest, if I'm lucky the steroids will start to help by morning then back to the phone.
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    judi_kay_4 wrote: »
    I messed up! 🙁 I posted my status on Sunday but forgot I asked to move to Thursday. I don’t know how to delete my post from Oct 11. Also when posting my previous weight is that from when I started or since I started with this group?
    Judikay4
    Heaviest wt 250
    Oct 1 wt 239.5
    CW 236.5

Judi, you have been moved to Thursdays so you are fine in that regard. Your previous weight is what you were the week before. We also encourage you to tell us your loss to date and that is where your heaviest weight factors in. We use this number for when you hit a big milestone so we can celebrate with you!

If you could use the below format it will make it easier for @broncobuddee to see and record your weight. :)

Weigh-in day:
    Previous Weight:
    Todays Weight:
    Loss To Date:
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @adhmrh Thank you! I'm really trying, I hope it pays off. You have an awesome day, too! I hope your hubby's birthday celebration goes well. I have a warped sense of humor, too. Sometimes people don't get my sense of humor and it ends up getting awkward lol. Getting outside on the trails with a friend sounds wonderful. Enjoy the sites, smells, sounds!

@buniphuphu Good luck! I hope it works. re: yesterday morning...I didn't get on the bike in the morning BUT I did get on at 5:00 p.m. which was surprising because it was so hot and I was tired and really just wanted to veg on the couch lol. But I did it! :D

@AustinRuadhain You are rockin' those green days, WTG my friend! :D And yay for your husband! I did find a way to fit in cycling: I forced myself to do it at 5:00 p.m. even though it was hot and I was tired and I just wanted to sit on the couch. ;) Interesting James Clear quote! I'm glad your sleep is better. Mine has been slightly better, I think thanks to the cycling. Last night, it wasn't better.

@Cornanda Me too! How is your week going? Congrats on the awesome loss!!!

@Katmary71 Hugs to you, I'm sorry you are feeling bad today. You truly are inspiring, you keep up with the healthy eating and exercise despite feeling so bad. 50 new FREE books??? Amazing!

Hi all. I really thought yesterday would end up being a rest day. I had to work onsite until noon and then I came home and ate a pasta dish that put me to sleep. I woke up and it was hot as heck (90s). I got caught up in a YouTube video on sewing lol. It really looked like I was going to be a couch potato for the rest of the day. But then I went and got my husband from work and he said he'd make dinner. I looked at my fitness tracker and it said I was too sedentary. I was pretty close to hitting my fitness goal for the week. I decided to get on the spin bike. I put my headphones on and cranked up the jams and rode. By the time I got done, I was dripping with sweat (and I am not one to sweat at ALL!). I am now 14 points away from hitting my weekly activity goal and I have until the end of Sunday to hit it! I did well eating, too.

Thursday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk and spin bike
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - not accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL)
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL)
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @GretchenReine At least you are starting again! I have fallen so many times in my life but back in 2018 when I weighed my highest I vowed that no matter how many times I fall, I will keep on getting back up and I really feel that is the most important thing. Keep doing your plan. Tweak as needed. Be kind to yourself and you will get to where you want to be.

@trooworld You will for sure go over your activity goal! When are you all supposed to get in a break in the heat? I won’t even tell you about our weather here. 😉

@Cornanda Yeah, you are making happen!! I am so happy for you! 😊

@davidji82 Great weight loss!! Keep up the good work!

@Katmary71 That is great that you got an actual person to talk to about your insurance issues. Wow, 50 new books is awesome and should keep you entertained for a while. I hope you are feeling better today. <3

Hi team! Today was a good day. I slept better last night with my back no killing me and I didn't sleep on my sore shoulder. I still don't like sleeping on my back but if it helps I'm determined to do it. Tonight I'm going to drink a little wine and watch the final two episodes of New Girl. Hubby and I are so sad it's over. It has been our favorite comedy that we have ever watched together. Now, I have to go find a replacement. Any recommendations? :smile:

100-Day Challenge Goals: Day 24
    1. Fast clean for 19+ hours, with 2 days at 23+ hours. Fasted 20 hours
    2. Workout six days a week (either BOD program, treadmill, or deep cleaning). 40 minutes on the treadmill
    3. Eat at least 90% on plan, which means mostly low carb with one or two days of high-carbs. I ate on plan but there will be a little wine this evening.
    4. Have quiet time with God through prayer and reading. I worked for a long time today on prepping my children’s church lesson so I’m counting it! :grin:
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Username: davors19
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Fri
    Previous Weight: 257
    Todays Weight: 258
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Username mts7471
    Weigh in day : Sat
    Previous weight: 187.2
    Today's weight: 185.2
  • cherrymajoni
    cherrymajoni Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Cherrymajoni
    Friday
    last weigh in : 219.1
    this week : 219.1
  • trooworld
    Options
    @GretchenReine Welcome back! Hey, we all gain on occasion. Don't beat yourself up! Just jump back on the train. :) I'm glad you are back.

@TeresaW1020 I did indeed, I am at 170 now! :) It's actually supposed to cool down by 10-15 degrees today and be even cooler tomorrow. Is it hot there or cool?

Hi everyone! I got on the spin bike for the 5th day in a row yesterday. I thought for sure I'd have a great loss at the scale this morning, I hit my activity goal for the week and everything. BUT...I did not. I actually gained 0.8 lbs instead of losing anything! :( I feel like the weight loss gods are spitting in my face! LOL I worked so hard all week. I even have leftover WW points for the week (and I didn't eat any of my activity points either). The only thing I can think is that I ate a poke bowl for dinner last night and those can be kind of salty. Awwwww, peanuts! Today, instead of riding the spin bike, my exercise will be walking around the Botanic Gardens with a retired coworker. It should be nice. Have a great Saturday, everyone!

Also, I still have that free 30-day pass to Headspace (meditation app) up for grabs. Does anyone want it?

Friday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: over
    Exercise: walk and spin bike
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 100% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - get up from my desk every hour and stretch - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 50% accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal (CARRYOVER GOAL) - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in week: Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 227.8
    Todays Weight: 228.6
    Loss To Date: 19.4
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    edited October 2020
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 2 weigh in Thursday (15Oct2020) 2 days late @broncobuddee
    Previous weight:173.9
    Current weight: 174
    LTD MFP #2 61 lbs
    LTD overall 126 lbs

Whew, I think life may be finally calming some! My mom is doing well, up and about with routine physical therapy and they don't need me coming over too frequently. My DiL is on the upswing as of yesterday, it's been quite tough for my son's family but apart from some time tomorrow taking the baby out and about to give them a break, I don't need to keep my days free for going over to keep Hazel, or bring meals and clean, etc. Work is past a hump and back to a reasonable amount for a person without a fulltime job - back to fulltime job hunting! => Have had some great interviews this past week, one was a second interview. Maybe I'll be gainfully employed with benefits before the end of the year...? Or, as a contractor with a pretty exciting future potential (that one sounds so awesome). Just have to wait and see, which is the hardest part of all... =>

My food life is getting better, coming closer to the place I need it to be in order to lose weight. I have just been more in maintenance after the girl's weekend and that gain - now I just need to get back to the before and maintain. Would love to lose to 160 and then call the range anything below 170, like 162-168ish (and do the more strict routine when it's creeping along 167 or 168). I don't know - I am quite positive I put too much emphasis on the number but it seems that is my comfort zone......I need a new comfort zone!

Remember the below when I was going to be trying harder to be more engaged? Fail - new resolve. I have done some reading and happy to catch up on some of the news. May the force be with me - and with you. B)

I am working on keeping myself focused while so much personal stuff is ongoing. I am working A LOT, my job hunt for a full-time position has been very hectic, my DIL has been in the hospital twice with me helping out and....I am not being a motivator at all for this wonderful group, let alone good or bad. Been serious MIA.

In the last couple of days of thought about all of this....I am not as focused as I need/want to be...not even close. Much more eff-it eating - calories are waaaaay up. Water is waaaaay down. Excuses, well, they are the MOST UP OF ALL.

I will check in tomorrow morning before I jump in the car for a drive, working on a moment by moment approach.

• raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Username: TeresaW1020
    Weigh-in week:  Week 2
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    Previous Weight: 198.8
    Todays Weight: 198.2
    Loss To Date: 65.3

@TeresaW1020 so awesome, I am really happy for you - you have really done well in the long haul!
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu I think your plan sounds like a good one. Just do what you can do and do it the best you can. I am praying all goes well and you are able to get done what needs to be done.

@AustinRuadhain I love that visual and the quotes. Thanks for sharing that. You are doing so good staying "green". Excited for your hubby too!! I agree sleep is important and yet tough to get sometimes. I too love the Habit Tracker. It definitely makes me think and be intentional.

@TeresaW1020 we are struggling with planning next year too. It is really hard to plan when it seems things with COVID (and the world) change daily. Praying for you and your church in that, also praying for some relief for your back. Interested to see what others have experienced with CBD oils. BTW you are truly an inspiration to me.

@judi_kay_4 awesome loss!!!

@Katmary71 I just hate you are having to go through so much. Sure hoping and praying the steroids bring some relief.

@davidji82 awesome weight loss!! Great goal for next week. I'm trying to up my walking next week too!

@Cornanda super weigh-in!!!! It does feel good doesn't it!!!!

@trooworld my goodness you are rocking the workouts. I'm impressed - one of the hardest things is getting going.

@GretchenReine you got this. One day at a time!!!

@mss9675 awesome weigh in!!!!

@raleighgirl09 your weigh loss is inspiring. Wow!!! 65+ pounds is great. Good luck on the job hunt!!

Yesterday was an awesome day spent with some awesome friends and family. Enjoyed my trail walk - even more so because one of my sons joined me. Today is the "Celebration Day" for my hubby. Fortunately his choice for his birthday dinner is a place with healthy options!!!! Looking forward to my other son arriving before lunch.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!!
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee

***Week 2 Weigh In***

Firefly743
    PW: 301.6
    CW: 298.6
    LTD: 38.8
This discussion has been closed.