Mission Slimpossible - October 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 awesome weight loss!!!!! I have a question, since my weigh in day is Tuesday, and tomorrow is the end of October, does my next weigh in count as my last October or is it my 1st Nov weigh in? Enjoy your coffee and your hubby!!!

@davidji82 super weigh in!!!!! I hate walking in the rain. Hope it clears up soon!

@trooworld I am pretty tired of soft foods. Once I get the stitches out Monday I will be able to back to regular. I was just excited to get my straw back today. I drink so much more water when I have a straw in my Yeti!!! Tracking is definitely the most important!! You will get back on goal.

@Jactop I would say staying with budget and a workout - good day for sure!!

@SammyDee2015 October was my first go around with the group and I wasn't sure what i wanted my goals to be. I am thinking and trying to figure out exactly what I want to accomplish in November and how I will get there. So glad you are here!!!

Tomorrow is a long day (that may help me stay away from the candy). The church I'm on staff at is sponsoring a Fall Festival with multiple events going on. We will be manning booths from 12pm-7pm. Since we live in a community of mostly 55+, only a little bit is kid related. It will be fun to be outside with what looks like beautiful fall weather tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great Halloween!!! Watch out for that "scary" candy. Enjoy a treat, track that treat and stay within your goals. At least, that my plan!!

• buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone. I'm sorry I've been AWOL this week. The weather has been cold, wet and miserable, and I've been feeling droopy. I've kept up with logging and swimming...well I missed swimming one day, but I made myself make up the missed minutes on other days. I figured up that I'm almost to 100 hours of swimming since I started in July.

I caught back up on reading posts. So much has happened this week!

Welcome new people! I look forward to getting to know you!
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    raleighgirl09
    Week 4 weigh in Thursday (29Oct2020) a day late @broncobuddee
    Previous weight:174.5
    Current weight: 173.9
    LTD MFP #2 61.1 lbs
    LTD overall 126.1 lbs

Today was pretty good for calories - but the real win has been in no night eating. Like - not even a sneaky snack, a finger lick, nada. So - that is a major win and may well be the first in 6 weeks. Yesterday....weeeelllll......not so good. I think about 500 calories of slinking back into the kitchen for crackers and dip last night. I am mostly pre-planning and pre-logging food for meals which is really helpful to me - today was more off the cuff but I had the things in mind before they happened. However, it's the tiniest of things going unnoticed that become an issue so I'll need to be mindful about that tomorrow and not be slack about the pre-plan and pre-log. My water is still above 64 oz but less than the 100 oz I am shooting for but it's a habit in progress. Had over 10,000 steps, I did make sure I got a good walk in today as well as the general running around. Sleep is going well.

Interviews - two today, both on a heap of interviews I have had with other members of those organizations so at least I am progressing. I think I'll have offers next week - I sure hope so. Still waiting on a third opportunity I feel is the premo of what I have in the works. It will be interesting, at the very least.

@TeresaW1020 what an awesome weigh in, so thrilled to see you determinedly taking charge and celebrating the payoff - way to go!!
    @TwistedSassette I am with you on the weighing daily and why - it helps me to see the fluctuations as it reminds me that that is the way it actually happens so when I have a lot of sodium (my fluctuation arch enemy) and see the uptick, I can take it in stride.
    @AustinRuadhain good for you for putting the bar down - I bet you had at least a small, personal celebration (maybe even in your head for privacy!)! I find it interesting but still not familiar that I can *still* have the cravings and the thoughts....no matter how far I've come. In fact, I noticed a few months ago that they were creeping in more often. Like - I really wanted a box of Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch there for a while. But. Then I know I'd eat all of it so I never have. I'd like to not have the thoughts and cravings but I recognize that it is actually easier now to say no. Not because I want it less but because of what I have learned about myself and how I'll feel later and what is actually worth it. I'd love to hit the nirvana of it being all in the past but until (and IF) that ever happens, I'll take the ability to say no when it comes along. Now - if only I could conquer night snacking in the same way. I may not be having super indulgent things but it's still calories and slows and/or stops weight loss.
  • raleighgirl09
    raleighgirl09 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite James Clear quotes and one that I truly believe is the secret to us all having success!

d8e78jqdc0lz.png

@TeresaW1020 I could not agree more - I think we have all had the issue where an indulgent meal, weekend or week turns into weeks or more of struggling to get back into the swing of things. Maria (me) being a great case in point. I do not know why it is - but the more time that goes by, the harder it is. I'm creeping back to where I need to be but I need to develop this as a habit (the habit of not letting go twice in a row) as I move along. I don't want to take weeks to get back on track. And I know I am in charge of that so I need to find the way to reconcile the two actions.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 How weird, two people gave me suggestions of things to try while I was in Trader Joe's and one of them was blue cheese with peppers, blue cheese mustard sounds even better! I'll have to remember that, mustard's been something I've been enjoying more with my diet these days. I did buy the dark chocolate-covered pretzels though! Great quote, I love this! @AustinRuadhain has rubbed off on us!

@adhmrh I'm so sorry your mouth is hurting. I didn't remember my mouth hurting so bad with other teeth but this last one hurt, I can't imagine with stitches!

@davidji82 Good luck increasing your walking and great weight loss this week, wow! If you ever want indoor walking videos just ask, a handful of us do or have done them in the last 6 months!

@SammyDee2 If you can't come in every day just come and post when you can! I prefer coming every day but do what works best for you. As far as goals go what about breaking down something you want to accomplish? I normally do pretty challenging ones and haven't been able to do them lately because of health challenges, I'm trying to do things like try new recipes and eat a decent amount of produce each day because I know they're things I can accomplish.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,584 Member
    Options
    @raleighgirl09 Good luck on the interviews, I hope something comes through for you soon!

Friday check-in
    Calories- over (stupid TJ peanut butter cups!)
    Exercise- stretching, sit-ups

Tried a new recipe today, chicken taco chili from skinnytaste, I'll post it at the end of this, it's pretty good, I used the end of my Penzey's medium-hot chili powder in it. Nothing new, I started a new medication and it's helping but my stomach is a mess and I'm walking into walls and it's started at a low dose. Just watched Pain Warriors on Amazon, it puts a face on the opioid crisis if any of you are interested. I have my own story with it and know about the doctor mentioned, he has a great reputation in the chronic pain community. I also hooked up with a woman from a local pain group and got some leads but things need to fall in place with my neurologist first. SO, because I felt slightly better I vacuumed all the cat hair (the guy I'm seeing is still here and there's 4 cats with his two), did laundry, and made dinner. Dishes can wait for tomorrow!
  • CKS0806
    CKS0806 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Username mss9675
    CW 188.0
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @adhmrh Thanks! I was happy to see a bigger loss than I normally see. :grin: For this month your Tuesday weigh-in will be the first weigh-in for November. If you go to the home page you will a list of dates on how we break down the weeks. Have fun at your fall festival. We canceled ours this year and I keep seeing timeline memories on FB that make me sad. Hopefully next year. ;)

@buniphuphu Ugghhh I’m sorry that you have been feeling droopy and dealing with yucky weather. I’m glad you check in with us. Hang in there and don’t lose your focus on all the amazing progress you have made. <3

@raleighgirl09 Yayyyy for a great weigh-in!! I get so dang inspired when I see your Loss To Date. I can’t wait until I have that kind of success. I agree that pre-planning and pre-tracking are vital. And yes that James Clear quote is so important for us to not only remember but to do. Not one of us got fat by going off our plan for a day and eating all the things. For me, it’s always been that one day turned into two and then often into months. I am beyond determined NOT to let that happen again. ;) I hope that you get the job offer that will be a perfect fit for you. <3

@Katmary71 Mmmmm blue cheese with pepper sounds good. I seriously can eat blue cheese anything. I make great a yummy omelet with blue cheese, apple, and bacon. I’m also a huge mustard fan and keep all the varieties in my fridge. :) I will happily take all the @AustinRuadhains wisdom that I can get!! I’ve made that chicken taco chili many times. It’s very good!

Good morning and Happy Halloween!! :)

dj86uoa8br88.png

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,918 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 I think I just slipped that one day. And it was because I was distracted by all that is going on/stress. I am back on track today, on focus! Thanks! I'm glad your new eating plan is working out.

@adhmrh Oh dear, Monday must seem like a long way away, but it will be here before you know it, hang in there! That's good you got your straw back. I am back on track today, on focus! Thanks! A fall festival sounds like so much fun. I hope you have a good time. :)

@buniphuphu Your continued dedication is so admirable, you are an inspiration to us all! <3

@raleighgirl09 Congrats on the loss and no night eating! WTG!

Hello everyone and Happy Halloween! :D I did show a gain at the scale but I'm not letting that dampen my spirits. I think some of it is water retention as my fingers are swollen. I still lost 6 lbs for the month and I'm happy with that! Tonight, my sister-in-law is coming over for some appetizers, drinks, and spooky movies. No candy. It should be fun! Have a great day, everyone.

Friday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - rate my hunger on a scale of 1-10 before I eat - not accomplished
    - track 90% of food intake - 100% accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night - 100% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 70% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day - 100% accomplished
    - put my utensil down between bites - not accomplished
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything - 100% accomplished
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal - not accomplished
    - get at least 7 hours of sleep every night
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day
    - meditate for at least 15 minutes a day
    - put my utensil down between bites
    - ask myself if I'm really hungry before eating anything
    - leave at least 3 bites of food on my plate at each meal
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,101 Member
    Options
    The November Team Chat is OPEN!

Head over there for introductions, plans, and strategies - let the new month begin!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10814372/mission-slimpossible-november-2020-team-chat#latest

Please continue all October weigh-ins, step reports, etc. here. Thanks!
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Just a few holes to plug on the spreadsheet for this week - and this month!

@cherrymajoni
    @jazzagirl30
    @digger61
    @itsmegina
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    rii91g9v1g1t.jpg

Happy Saturday! Happy Halloween!

Friday Check-in
    🟢Food on plan weighed & logged
    🟢Calories in the "Green"
    🟢Workout: 45 min+/6 days-wk - yes! 45 min platform stepping in p.m. while watching new episode of baking show!
    🟢Over 10K steps
    🟢Only the one planned snack, no trigger foods
    🟢In bed by 12
    Saturday plans
    Stay on track with food plan (critical!). Exercise session (afternoon walk with a podcast).

@itsmegina
    Quiet is just fine! And hurray for this week's great weigh-in! 🏆

@Cornanda
    Woohoo! Great weigh-in this week! I hope you are thrilled! 😊

@judy_kay_4
    Cold/rainy/snowy can definitely do a number on mood. Good for you for being back on track this week! I love your strategy of "only Halloween candy you can say no to!" Awesome strategy! I do that, too!

@Firefly743
    🌟 Boom! Great weigh-in!

@trooworld
    Hurray for your fabulous attitude and for your smart Halloween plans! Double hurray for being back in action after slipping that one day!
    I hope the water retention subsides and you get a super happy number next week. You are doing such great work!

@TeresaW1020
    I love that Halloween graphic you chose! I don't know if you can se it, but I changed my MFP avatar/photo to that *same* graphic yesterday! Great minds think alike!
    And I love the James Clear quote!

@Katmary71
    Yum to that chili! Thanks for sharing recipes!
    And my sympathies as to the TJ PB cups. PB is my downfall when combined with sweets. Dangerous-to-the-willpower stuff!

@raleighgirl09
    💝I so get the pull to stay off course, once off course. Hurray, you, for getting back in the game, no matter how much faster you think it should be.

What a great topic for discussion!
    I was really interested, a while back, to find out that the What the Hell Effect is a thing, and has been studied! Interestingly to me, one of the things that seems to help is self-compassion:
    https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/pressure-proof/201701/how-the-what-the-hell-effect-impacts-your-willpower
    That article offers 3 strategies. Do any of them look helpful at all? #3 is the one I come back to:
    "What would you say to a friend who experienced the same setback? We beat ourselves up tremendously when we fail, but would you be just as harsh if your friend approached you with the same setback?"

So, if we get back on track, it's always a win! And over time, if we can get to where we get faster at it (the next day! the next meal!), that's even better!

n0d2do96pp6f.jpg
  • apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    @trooworld the pub desk doesn't include alcohol in the price, but you can order it whilst you're working. I just kept ordering their yummy coffee.
This discussion has been closed.