Captains Lounge - October 2020

Options

Replies

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,314 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @jugar -

Please move sleepymom5 to the support team. There's been a tragedy in her family she needs to focus on for the time being.

Oh dear - please send her hugs. If there is anything we can do to support her, let us know.

Could you also let me know if cassie is moving back to the regular team for October? thanks!

@jugar -

I've sent a message to Cassie regarding her thoughts on the matter, and she has yet to make a decision after we chatted about it. Let's leave her on the support team for now. I will press her for a more concrete answer soon.

@jugar -

Confirmed - she just told me she thinks another month on the sidelines would do her well.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,605 Member
    Options
    @jugar ....I am not seeing the downsizer team on the October habit tracker....it was there the other day

oh no! not again! I'll check shortly.

it is OK now. Not sure what happened, but the tab is now blue. and it was hiding.

It is working now ...Thank you :)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,178 Member
    Options
    MODS, please move veryhotmails/TrimStones from Friday weigh day to Sunday. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    @jugar I know this is a busy time. So, when you have the time, could you update our spreadsheet to show the motivator as Bob, KUMEcyclingteam. Thanks!

is gingerpwr still also a motivator?

No, she’s not. She took a leave when she went back to teaching high school during Covid.

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,178 Member
    Options
    @jugar Please remove the NWI for kmfeig87/TrimStones team and switch to LWI. She reported in this morning. I've already updated the weight chart for last week. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    Hi Captains!

I have week 5 and grand finale results posted.

I am running a double check on the celebrations and will post in a few - probably when the baby naps in a couple hours.

Sorry for the delay this week!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695

Can you clarify which levels the recognition is given at? I have only been posting 25, 50 or 100 pounds lost.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @Beka3695

Can you clarify which levels the recognition is given at? I have only been posting 25, 50 or 100 pounds lost.

I’ve been including any that a captain has posted.... but the MODS just met for clarification on this.

We will celebrate any multiple of 10, 25/75.

So if a challenger hits 60 lbs, let’s celebrate. If they hits 55, let’s wait 5 more.

20/25/30 - celebrate!! When they 35.... wait till 40.

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @Beka3695 Hi Beka, Ugh...I missed a member of TWNM who needs to be celebrated. It's Steph @ mainebeachbum who has lost and kept off 30+ lbs. I feel terrible. I think it's too late for you to edit your post too. Please let me know what can be done.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @Beka3695 and @jugar Ashley @minstrelofsarcasm and I were talking and wondered if it's possible to have a column on the spreadsheet for LTD. I'm concerned we're missing milestones for celebration and we think this would help. Perhaps there's a way to just have it in or near the Finale columns (U and V) as a function of the starting weight for the month, knowing the LTD at that point, and the sum of the change over the month. Please let us know what you think. I know you have a lot to do and only thinking this would assist you and avoid gaffes like the one I made forgetting one of our celebrants.
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @1theresamcvean - all things spreadsheet are @jugar.

As for the Mainebeachbum.... mind if I post an edit to just your team?
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @jugar

Smart_Beautiful_and_Strong would like to come back to SAs. Her starting weight is 350.4 and weigh day is Friday.

Would you please add her?
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean - all things spreadsheet are @jugar.

As for the Mainebeachbum.... mind if I post an edit to just your team?

That would be great. Thanks so much, Beka! Sorry about the trouble.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,209 Member
    Options
    @Beka3695 and @jugar Ashley @minstrelofsarcasm and I were talking and wondered if it's possible to have a column on the spreadsheet for LTD. I'm concerned we're missing milestones for celebration and we think this would help. Perhaps there's a way to just have it in or near the Finale columns (U and V) as a function of the starting weight for the month, knowing the LTD at that point, and the sum of the change over the month. Please let us know what you think. I know you have a lot to do and only thinking this would assist you and avoid gaffes like the one I made forgetting one of our celebrants.

I'll have a look at this. It would be up to the members to provide their top weight (or LTD when they first join us), even if it happened well before they arrived. Then it would continue to calculate every month when the finale is done. I'll fool around with this and see - good idea!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Beka3695

Bigblues11 posted on the Downsizers chat yesterday. I replied and gave her the link to the Shrinking Assets chat.
    bigblues11 wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm Jen, 50 yrs old, three amazing adult children and two adorable grand babies with one on the way :) I have two silly rescued pit bulls and volunteer with several rescues in the area. I love all animals and nature. My kids call me a hippy dippy lol. I live on the coast in Virginia and love gardening, running, biking, lifting weights and yoga. And of course being on/in the water:)

Looking forward to making this journey with you all! I started in October at 224 pounds and am down to 162.4 as of now. Let's do this!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar

The total steps are not adding up correctly for September. The formula seems to be missing 1 week and the for the other weeks it is adding the wrong column. I did and some extra rows at the beginning of September so I hope I didn’t fool it up.

Also, can you move lfca5317 weigh in day from Sunday to Saturday. Thanks!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    @jugar

I got 2 notifications in an invite thread from 2017. Strange I know.

Here they are, I hope they can still be added in.

Name: @coll7246
    Weight day: Wednesday
    Starting weight: 180

@mss9675 wrote
    mari_moulin - Is it too late to join?
  • Beka3695
    Options
    @Beka3695

Bigblues11 posted on the Downsizers chat yesterday. I replied and gave her the link to the Shrinking Assets chat.
    bigblues11 wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm Jen, 50 yrs old, three amazing adult children and two adorable grand babies with one on the way :) I have two silly rescued pit bulls and volunteer with several rescues in the area. I love all animals and nature. My kids call me a hippy dippy lol. I live on the coast in Virginia and love gardening, running, biking, lifting weights and yoga. And of course being on/in the water:)

Looking forward to making this journey with you all! I started in October at 224 pounds and am down to 162.4 as of now. Let's do this!

Thank you!!!
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar

I got 2 notifications in an invite thread from 2017. Strange I know.

Here they are, I hope they can still be added in.

Name: @coll7246
    Weight day: Wednesday
    Starting weight: 180

@mss9675 wrote
    mari_moulin - Is it too late to join?

@coll7246 is all signed up already (WaistAways) but we have not heard from them yet. If you are in touch, the team chat is at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10811817/waist-aways-october-2020-team-chat/latest

@mss9675 could certainly still squeak in! Please let them know to message me directly. Thanks!

And yes, that is weird. 2017? Maybe it would be more fun to do 2017 over again instead of 2020? Hope you're doing well, by the way. Hugs flying across the pond!
  • jugar
    Options
    @jugar

The total steps are not adding up correctly for September. The formula seems to be missing 1 week and the for the other weeks it is adding the wrong column. I did and some extra rows at the beginning of September so I hope I didn’t fool it up.

Also, can you move lfca5317 weigh in day from Sunday to Saturday. Thanks!

Yikes! It was odd - some of the final column had all the weeks and some did not. It should be all ok now. And lfca is moved. Let me know if there are any problems with the October step formulae. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.