Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @363days
    Hi. It was interesting to know I'm not the only one like this. Yes. Sometimes I feel lonely after being around people. I imagine it's a come down to being alone after having company. Why I felt sad after visiting with my friend is a mystery. I find it's hard to decipher my emotions sometimes. I guess it takes practice to understand them...
    I can understand the fact that not having a partner is part of my sadness too I imagine. I can sometimes feel empty after being with others. Its strange I suppose, but maybe not.
    Being aware and in touch with your emotions overall is a good thing I think. I know plenty of people in my family who aren't in touch with their feelings at all. It doesn't seem healthy.
  • lelbarou
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    How are you copying and pasting what others have written so it shows up how it does? I can't figure this out.

Hi, You use the quote feature at the bottom of the post to the right of the date.
  • lelbarou
    Options
    check in for November 12
    tracking- yes (under)
    exercise - yes (30 minute walk)
    Steps - 4621

My stomach hasn't been great. Unfortunately, I am really sensitive that way.
    I am sending out a lot of applications for teaching work. Fingers crossed.
    I'm doing some supply teaching, but it's not regular enough.
    I hope everyone is well.
    Happy Friday!
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    WEIGH IN: FRIDAY, Nov. 13:
    PW: 175.8
    CW: 173.8

CHECK IN: Thursday, Nov. 12
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    THURS. 11/12: 8,250 (spinning) + 10,016 = 18,268
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    @ScorpioGirl70 Dang, that is frustrating for you. I don't know if it is ok to post info about natural medication, let me know if not, but I took 5HTP when I was trying to quit smoking and I can't believe how well it worked for me. I only took it for a month, but I had been trying for years to quit and couldn't believe when it took away that desire...somehow I didn't want the taste. I did have to adjust my life a little, don't have my morning coffee at the same time (this was a trigger for me). Good luck with all of your goals!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Megan_Smartiepants1970
    Weigh ins: Fridays
    PW: 222.4
    CW: 222.4 loss a big fat 0
    LTD: 46.6 lbs
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

thank you for those workout ideas. I am going to print them out and get at least that done. I have been doing miserable at eating and working out and the not smoking.... sigh.

Why is it that when i get my mind set to do something and mess it up, I mess it up big time?
    Example not smoking... I was doing so good for 3 weeks then gave up and now am smoking more then I ever have. It's like I have this self destruction issue.

My dietitian told me I need to have some compassion for myself when it comes to binge eating. I think you need to do the same with smoking. I know these two things are totally different. I think it is so easy to have compassion for someone else but we forget to do the same with ourselves.
    Nov 12th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 1 (goal of 3)

Steps 2759

Ugh, so I was going to take a long walk at some time today- but jeeze, I am so burned out! Went for my pedi and the guy doing mine, even though he did a fantastic job, ranted about covid the whole damn time! And being afraid of confrontation I just nodded and said "huh" "yeah, thats terrible" etc repeatedly haha

And then at the dentist, the hygienist is lovely but chewed my ear off the whole time haha.

I love talking but my god I felt tired!

I did, however, get my wife to drive me to the store and i bought some bits for lunches etc. Some deli meat, and eggs for my brekkies (so i don't run out). I'm also going to pack my meals for tomorrow since I am closing at work.

I have been all out of my sugar free squash/cordial for a few days so drinking water has been haaaaaaaard. But I bought some water enhancer today (sugar free of course) and I am on my second glass in an hour- to get my 2L in!

Also, at lunchtime (after my pedi) I went to the mall and they have a little asian place that you can pick and choose up to 3 different meats to go with either rice or noodles. Usually i get the pick 2 or 3 and have a couple of spring rolls with it. TODAY I went for noodles (less calories) and a beef and black bean sauce. so compared to the 900+ calories for the meat portions, I had a cool 250 calories (plus the noodles). And most importantly I don't feel restricted or hard done by!

Tomorrow my meals are already planned out- eggs and cheese (maybe an omelette if I am feeling adventurous) for brekkie, leftovers for lunch and a shake for dinner (since I'll be having it late) and I'll take a couple of clementines as a snack too. I'm on my feet a lot at work, so I'll be burning off some calories for sure!
    5oaus5yybpat.png

* Runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    * 1 point for each item completed for a possible 5 points a day

Challenge

1. Sit at the table whenever you eat. This prevents mindless eating!

2. Make a list each day and tell us each day what your list was about. Some ideas:
    - things that make you happy
    - what you are grateful for
    - shopping list
    - words of wisdom when things get tough
    - things you love about yourself
    - gift ideas ( Christmas is near)
    - happy memories
    - bucket list

3. One song workout
    - do one or both
    -do it a few times during the day if you want
    - find one you like online
    - I will post 2 below

4. Set a water goal and meet it. I know I find it harder to stay hydrated on weekends.

5. Track! Track! Track! The good, the bad and the ugly!

Let’s crush this weekend

I really like this! I usually eat in my recliner when I'm home but I can make an effort this week! I do a mental gratitude list every day, and setting it on paper/ on my phone is even better! I might just post it here during the weekend :)

The workout one makes me nervous. I am so self conscious and being so big, the workout seems a bit beyond my physical abilities but you KNOW I am going to give it a try (and if i don't lost 10lb this week because of the workout alone I am gonna cry haha)

Water goal- 2L seems like a good target to stick too for now- especially because of my lack of cordial, butttttttttt, it's a good reminder

Tracking is always my go-to for now. It's getting easier as the days go on, now that I'm navigating myself around the site a little easier!

I am ready to rock this challenge for sure!

Going for a pedicure is supposed to be relaxing. What bugs me about a dentist talking to you is it seems like they expect you to answer. Hello, your fingers are in my mouth. I would never get my water intake if it wasn’t for my ice tea drops. What flavour did you get?

With the workout do your best. Just put a song on and dance if you can’t do the exercises. I can’t do things like lunges so I always replace it with something else when exercising. I never go deep on a squat, I do modified jumping jacks and wall push ups. I also find it hard to get up off the floor, it takes me forever. Dancing, modified exercises or even just walking in place for a song, the idea is just to move. If you need any links for modified exercises let me know and I will post some for you.

azkunk wrote: »
    5oaus5yybpat.png

* Runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
    * 1 point for each item completed for a possible 5 points a day

Challenge

2. Make a list each day and tell us each day what your list was about. Some ideas:
    - things that make you happy
    - what you are grateful for
    - shopping list
    - words of wisdom when things get tough
    - things you love about yourself
    - gift ideas ( Christmas is near)
    - happy memories
    - bucket list

3. One song workout
    - do one or both
    -do it a few times during the day if you want
    - find one you like online
    - I will post 2 below

4. Set a water goal and meet it. I know I find it harder to stay hydrated on weekends.

Let’s crush this weekend

I’m in but this one is not suited to my strengths but I will give it a shot. I’m not big into the mindfulness stuff but I do make grocery lists and I told my daughter we can start planning our Christmas decorations. We moved into a new house so we need some new stuff. Plus, she is a bit down because COVID is starting to surge here and I am not letting her perform in any of the holiday dance performances her studio is putting on. One is at a nursing home ... in the middle of a pandemic! You gotta love AZ, it’s still very much the wild west out here. Sorry for the rant. Anyhow, I am going to let her pick what she wants to help boost her spirits.

Just do your best. It is meant to pull you out of your comfort zone but if there is something you don’t like don’t do that item. The lists I posted are just some ideas. You can do your own list idea. I think make a Christmas decorations list with your daughter is a lovely idea. I might steal that and make a Christmas list with my granddaughter when I meet her for coffee today. Rant away!

Check-in: Thursday Nov 12

• 30 active minutes - 152 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2.5 L ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 16,191 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Friday team!

Well I had a bit of a Halloween sweet binge yesterday. I didn’t have very many left so the good news is I can’t have any more. My emotions were all over the place yesterday and I still struggle with comfort eating when I’m feeling down.

Today is a new day, a new opportunity to get it right. I will do my best to go out for my walks and to continue on my healing process from my surgery. I’m doing better each day and am now no longer on pain meds. I still have pain but I’m pushing though it without the meds.

Blessed day ❤️

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.

It is understandable that your emotions would be all over the place yesterday. I think that using food for comfort is a difficult one to overcome. I struggle with this everyday. You amaze me each day with your progress from your surgery.

@lindamtuck2018

PW 189
    CW 188

a little disappointed with only a 1lb loss this week but haven't been drinking enough water this last few days so need to up that again. Have been been walking more so could be gaining muscle.

Don’t be disappointed. You are doing amazing! Look at it this way, 1 pound a week is 52 pounds in a year.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    11/12 Check In

Steps: Yes, 7,528
    Calories: Yes
    Water: Yes
    Sleep: Yes :)
    Eating Time: Yes

Love that you met your sleep goal!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    check in for November 12
    tracking- yes (under)
    Steps - 4621

I hope everyone is well.
    Happy Friday!

I hope your stomach feels better.

🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS

Nice loss! You are really in your groove.

@ScorpioGirl70 Dang, that is frustrating for you. I don't know if it is ok to post info about natural medication, let me know if not, but I took 5HTP when I was trying to quit smoking and I can't believe how well it worked for me. I only took it for a month, but I had been trying for years to quit and couldn't believe when it took away that desire...somehow I didn't want the taste. I did have to adjust my life a little, don't have my morning coffee at the same time (this was a trigger for me). Good luck with all of your goals!

I personally don’t have any problem with it.

Megan_Smartiepants1970

You are doing wonderful!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Good Morning ........Happy FriYAY to you all ........Well this morning I go in to have my bone density test done ...I am hoping it will tell me why I have had so many fractures in my feet ....Will be walking after I get back from the test ...I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful weekend :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    check in for November 12
    tracking- yes (under)
    Steps - 4621

I hope everyone is well.
    Happy Friday!

I hope your stomach feels better.

🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS

Nice loss! You are really in your groove.

I personally don’t have any problem with it.

Megan_Smartiepants1970

You are doing wonderful!

Thanks Linda :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    xljlcxzgwwj8.jpeg
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:✅
    Steps: 2,503
    DBF: 2

I am still finding my hunger levels are high. I ended up being over calories. I was so hungry I had to get a second snack last night. I am famished again this morning. I am still trying to do intermittent fasting with a reduced fasting time but this week it has been really hard to not eat until noon. I just don’t get why I am so hungry.

I made a big mistake and looked up the results of my ultrasound and hip X-ray. I have moderate arthritis in my hip which is no surprise and is probably why my hips hurt. I don’t have a blood clot which is really good. The other 2 findings I don’t understand and I shouldn’t have googled them. I am going to call the doctors office and have the results explained to me rather than relying on Dr. Google. I ended up so worried last night that even though I got my 7.5 hours sleep I kept walking up and had bad dreams when I was asleep.

I missed my walk yesterday but I am meeting my granddaughter for a coffee today so I will get a walk in.

Happy FriYAY!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    Friday
    PW 208.6
    CW 207.4
    LTD 55.2

I am pleasantly surprised with my loss this week. It is nice that I am actually able to see weight predictions on Happy Scale again.
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    11/12 - steps 6,231
    Made a dinner for another family that is going through a difficult time - then ate a lot of it. Ugh.
    Hips are hurting- can’t walk a lot
    Rode stationery bike in basement for 55 minutes- that’s a win.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lindamtuck2018
    Friday
    PW 208.6
    CW 207.4
    LTD 55.2

I am pleasantly surprised with my loss this week. It is nice that I am actually able to see weight predictions on Happy Scale again.

Great loss...Congrats :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    11/12 - steps 6,231
    Made a dinner for another family that is going through a difficult time - then ate a lot of it. Ugh.
    Hips are hurting- can’t walk a lot
    Rode stationery bike in basement for 55 minutes- that’s a win.

Missing steps from you on 11/10
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I’m glad that ou at least got your pedi done even if it could have been more relaxing without his rants. Next time bring headphones and let him know you are t listening lol.

Good luck with your 2 L. That’s also my goal and I try to get in even more if I can. Well done planning your meals! Clementines are also my go to snack!

I went with a friend, pedi's are "our time" and she said we should change the subject so i started talking with her, but with a plexi between us and her mask on... and the fact she is so bloody quiet anyway(!!!!!) it was hard haha. my feet feel fabulous though at least!

I agree that eating at a table is such a good idea. It’s so easy to mindless eat on a sofa in front of a TV. I’ve learned that sitting at a table with no distractions helps me realize when I’m full and contour the quantity of food I eat. Don’t worry too much about how hard the workouts are. You can modify any workout as best suits you. The important thing is to give it your best shot and do your best.

Yup! My wife hates having anything on the tv (or netflix in our case) because she tries to be mindful, so we have that at least. I'm also not going to be on my phone while I eat... if it's important, it can wait 10 minutes while I eat lol.

I modified the workout so I did the floor stuff together... my timing wasnt great so i just rolled around the floor doing sit ups and crunches til the song ended haha

This made me giggle. Half my workout would be me trying to get off the floor 🤣🤣

I feel this! And also I don't have a sports bra, and my "girls" are 46H so.... nearly knocked myself out too haha

Going for a pedicure is supposed to be relaxing. What bugs me about a dentist talking to you is it seems like they expect you to answer. Hello, your fingers are in my mouth. I would never get my water intake if it wasn’t for my ice tea drops. What flavour did you get?

With the workout do your best. Just put a song on and dance if you can’t do the exercises. I can’t do things like lunges so I always replace it with something else when exercising. I never go deep on a squat, I do modified jumping jacks and wall push ups. I also find it hard to get up off the floor, it takes me forever. Dancing, modified exercises or even just walking in place for a song, the idea is just to move. If you need any links for modified exercises let me know and I will post some for you.

Lol my dental hygienist was asking me questions and i was like "uh uh or uh huh " for no and yes lmao. At least the dentist doesnt do that, and she'll be looking after me next week. I have like 10 cavities -_-. Got 2 fillings done last year but then I had a bit of a bad chest then covid happened... so yesterday was my first *anything* at the dentist in a year. Might as well get it all done. I thankfully don't have to pay out of pocket because Gael's insurance covers it all. I'll have beautiful teeth (by British standards haha)

I tried the workout and got it mostly done, just the timing... but it was fun! even though i felt like my boobs were going to rip off of my chest because of the jumps hahaha
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    1 point for each item completed for a possible 5 points a day

Challenge

Just about to have a late brekkie and will eat at the table!

2. Gratitude list!

* My sobriety and abstinence (being binge-free)
    * Having new friends on here to support me on my weight loss journey
    * Accountability
    * Good, clean, healthy food in my fridge
    * Money to buy groceries
    * My job
    * My fitbit
    * Pedicures
    * Healthcare
    * New clothes
    * My kitties
    * My wife
    * Hot showers
    * The fact that I asked my wife to pick a number and she picked 14 so I have to be grateful for 14 things every damn day hahaha

4. One song workout

DONE!

2L target, nearly half way there already!

Hopefully just GOOD for me this weekend! Determined to stay in the 330's this week.... Weighed myself today as a "half way" point and already 2lb down... I wanna keep that off!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/12 14,805

I'm going to get moving a little more and actually hit my step goal of 15,000 today!
This discussion has been closed.