Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Busy day for me. I read everything and I agree with the others .... @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE , we are here for you. Don’t go anywhere!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,586 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I just got back from the Dr ... I do have a sinus infection ...He took off the skin tag off my back .....he is putting me back on gabapentin for my numb toes and feet tingling ....I go back next Wednesday to talk about the results of my labs that I need to do tomorrow and the bone density test ...he was way behind today ... I just got home my appt. was for 12:30 ...need to go get my prescriptions ...Thanks everyone for the well wishes ... I can't wait to be back to my cheery self ... I feel like a Whiney Debbie downer

Gabapentin is one of the drugs they but me on for neuropathy and nerve pain. As soon as I start walking my foot goes numb. I hope the gabapentin works for you. I hope your sinus infection gets better.
    Nov 18th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 1 (goal of 3)

Steps- 4100 (did a few extra steps to make sure I went over my goal for the day lol)

Had a dentist appointment today- 3 fillings. Honestly, I didn't look after myself for so long and I'm finally catching up to it. 5 more to go and another appointment booked for next Thursday

I didn't eat as much as I wanted today- just because i forgot to pack some fruit when I went out. But that is all ok. Tomorrow I'm planning on cooking up a storm. Breakfast muffins, bacon and butternut squash risotto and if i have the energy after- thai red curry! I bought more containers to put stuff in the freezer.

I also have a friend cooking a turkey for me. We had plans to spend American Thanksgiving together but because of covid, she didnt feel comfortable which is totally ok. But she offered to cook the turkey that I had in the freezer, so if anyone has any recipes for cooked turkey, please lemme know!!

Tomorrow is the "me" day, I get a few hours to myself in the afternoon, since my wife is going out. planning on doing some "cleaning" exercise... good for the body and the mind!

I'm off to bed- had a rough sleep last night, kept waking up. I get hotter at certain times, and it causes me to have really weird dreams then i sleepwalk, not fun! But I hope tonight is better! if i get up early enough I might just get my walk in early :)

Anyway- have a great night all, stay safe xx

I hope you got a good nights sleep. My favourite things to do with leftover turkey is a hot turkey sandwich and a pot of soup. Pinterest would have lots of recipes. Your pictures show progress! Well done! [\b]
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Wednesday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:❌
    Steps: 5,947
    DBF: 1
    Walk 3 times: 2/3 done

I got some answers yesterday at the doctor. I have some venous reflux. From what I understand is the I have varicose veins and some times the blood doesn’t go up correctly and it causes so swelling. With my hips I have arthritis which after my knees I wasn’t surprised. The other thing is, again this is what I understand, is I have extra bone growth and they rub together causing pain. I am starting with physio as the first step on my hip. With the neuropathy/nerve pain she is going to continue adjusting the medications I am taking and she added a new one. I need an emg but they referred me in September. I think but things are backed up. It is very important that I control my blood sugars. She wants me to walk no longer than 15 minutes but try it everyday. I miss my longer walks and can’t wait until that starts happing again. Hopefully, my leg continues to improve to make that happen.

I didn’t binge. I had a higher calorie snack as I had enough left. Maybe this is one of the keys to stopping the binge cycle. I am determined to find every key.

My husband is home today. We are going to look at furniture. The early Black Friday sales are out. I am so excited for this move.

Have a super day!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
    5. Walk 3 times/week
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I got some answers yesterday at the doctor. I have some venous reflux. From what I understand is the I have varicose veins and some times the blood doesn’t go up correctly and it causes so swelling....

Linda does your doctor have you wearing compression stockings? I wear compression gear when I traveled (I make my whole family wear them)... I wonder if that would help with the swelling?
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    Options
    CHECK IN: Wednesday, Nov. 18
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    WED. 11/18: 17,250 (Spinning) + 4,619 = 21,869

Finally one good day out of the week.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    edited November 2020
    Options
    hc1o4rq0pw5a.jpg

ALSO- I decided to do a side-by-side comparison to look at my progress. Granted it is not the prettiest look... I am wearing the same top and pants both times. First pic was taken about a year ago, I was around maybe 365lb ish. and now I am cruising in the 330's somewhere :)

I always wish I had taken "before" picts years ago when I had started, but I hated taking photos of my body so much, so I think this is a great idea!! You can really see your progress too. Great job!

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    check in for Nov. 18/2020
    Tracking - yes. Just on target
    Exercise - no
    Steps - 2518

Had a decent yesterday. Did my teaching, got some rest, ready to face the new day!

@lindamtuck2018
    So glad you are getting some answers regarding your health concerns. WTG on the good snacking that has helped with your binging! I agree. It's like finding pieces to a puzzle and your puzzle is coming together! I love high-protein snacks. They really keep me going!

@littleflutterby
    Loved your profile comparison. Really shows the differences you are making in your body as you lose weight and get healthier. You are doing so great! Amazing progress!

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    So glad you are with us! I'm also a binge eater. You are not alone. For me, I have had to remove many trigger foods. Also, I am really benefiting from the support here. Finally, I think accepting and experiencing your emotions in a non-judgmental and compassionate way is key. Please continue to stay with us. It will get better.

Have a great day all!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I got some answers yesterday at the doctor. I have some venous reflux. From what I understand is the I have varicose veins and some times the blood doesn’t go up correctly and it causes so swelling....

Linda does your doctor have you wearing compression stockings? I wear compression gear when I traveled (I make my whole family wear them)... I wonder if that would help with the swelling?

We tried them back in January. They make it worse. I don’t know if it is that I have big legs. Every now and then I try them again. No luck! Well done on your awesome day.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 18
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9218
    Exercise 60min walk pushing stroller

I had no idea the weather here was suppose to be so beautiful this week! After dropping my son off at preschool, I put my daughter in the stroller and we went for a nice walk outside. Hoping the weather is the same today, getting outside for my walks has been great for my mental state.
    I've been having some pretty intense chocolate cravings for the past couple days, and just a "eat snacks" craving in general. It's almost TOM so I'm assuming that's what's causing them and doing my best not to give in. They should stop in a few days.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 9,159 tracked
    Exercise 10 rounds boxing workout

I tracked about 98% of what I ate yesterday still over in calories. I had two new recipes on my meal plan this week for dinner and I couldn’t find the type of meat needed after going to 3 markets and disappointed . My husband tried one near his gym This am and got them. So tonight I am going to try skinnytaste steak & cheese egg rolls in the air fryer. I have never made an egg roll before so should be interesting!

I did my boxing workout which I love lately more than strength which I used to enjoy more than cardio. I also played just dance on the wii with my son and his friend. Someone mentioned this game on here recently. It is fun and lots of movement. The version they like is an older one so there was some Madonna and Beyoncé. Only bummer Is my Fitbit died during it. Oh well! All charged for today.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-in: Wednesday Nov 18

• 30 active minutes - 126 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2 L ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 15,777 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Im very sorry for the very late check in today. I’ve been feeling sorry for myself all day. I’ve been failing miserably all week my eating is so bad. I’ve been binging daily and I’ve used my TOM as an excuse for all of it. I can’t get myself out of it and I’ve put on so much weight this week due to my failures. I’m really struggling to get myself back on track. I don’t think I’ll come in at maintenance this week. I will be coming in with a huge gain for sure .

I did manage a long walk with doggo Jax. I also ran a few errands this morning and did some shopping. This coming Sunday is my sons 14th birthday and he has planned the whole menu for Sunday lunch which obviously I’ll be preparing. He has asked for chips and guacamole as a starter, chicken fajita tacos as the main course and he wants a traditional French cake (gâteau basque) for dessert. So i did all my shopping for that this morning.

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    I couldn't sleep, so I ended having a late walk in the evening. Unfortunately, it didn't help me as far as getting to sleep. For some reason, I feel nervous and anxious. I have managed to sleep 2 hours, but now I'm up again. Hmmm. I'm trying really hard to have compassion for myself. It's so easy to get angry at yourself or be hard on yourself, but I know this doesn't help anything. In fact, it only makes things worse. I'm just trying to be kind with myself. Anyway, I hope others managed a good sleep. Who knows, maybe I will get a few more hours...

It’s very hard to have compassion for oneself. I know I’m very good and motivating and encouraging others and being kind and compassionate but when it comes to me I’m my worse critic. I hope you’ve managed to get some sleep.
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Trying to build habits and get moving again - I’m pleased that running is less of a struggle than I thought it would be, leaving the house is certainly the hardest part by far (!!!) but I have the winter running gear now so not many excuses to avoid it. I’m aiming for 10K, if I’m consistent with my training (I’m using the Zenlabs C210k app) I should run my first 10k on January 2nd (training is 3x per week for six weeks)

Food is the biggest challenge, I live in Paris so when they announced the second lockdown I went to Germany where my parents live, the main food groups in the house are bread, butter, and chocolate and I’ve been really bad at resisting! I have my own groceries now but boy can I say that it takes self-discipline that I have yet to reach… Baby steps.

I’m going to start 16/8 today and try to do it at least twice this week, I’ve always noticed a quick change if I do this plus drinking my 2-3 litres of water daily. The good thing is that because I’m removed from my normal environment I’m barely touching alcohol (once last week) and I stopped smoking, I hope that one will stick!

Good luck to everyone for this week 💪

Congratulations on your running. As soon as I complete one month post op i plan on starting C25K again and this time graduate to the 10k. It’s my absolute favorite program and so easy to follow.

I’m glad you were able to go to your parents before lockdown. But I can understand it is harder with the food. I’m not in Germany but in Alsace and the foods eaten here are very close to what they eat in Germany. So many starchy foods.

I think I will follow in your footsteps and starting next week I will start IF again. It also helps me a lot when I’m on it and my tummy feels better as well. Thanks for posting ❤️.

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Hi hi. I haven't been able to read everything even if i would love to but I hope you are all doing your best!

I'm exhausted. Yesterday they decided that at the end they will give a surgery to my father in law and now he is in the hospital. Which makes us (my gf and I ) work a loooot.

Yesterday I had the interview about the course and they say they are taking me in. Is super good news, it means a lot, but t also means that I'm going to be extra tired and frustrated. Doing a course of something so difficult in a language that I'm only studding for a year... Like my mother says "Ole mis ovarios".I need to study math again. In my 36 and with memory issues IS GOING TO BE FUN!

My girlfriend is really happy with her Fitbit and I'm happy that is making her walk a bit more. I'm myself in my Samsung Health Challenges.

My steps on Monday 16 were 12.733 steps
    and yesterday 17 were 10.621 steps
    Today I will walk to my friends house so I will get also quite some steps.

I'm tired tired tired and still lot to do. But I will manage B)

There is always so much to catch up on here even more so when I’m running late! Congratulations on the new course! I’m also happy your Gf is pleased with her Fitbit. I love mine and feel lost without it.
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Yesterday the kids were home again so I worked out later in the day. Even with my planning I have still been eating too much crap later in the day which I am sure lead to the 1 lb gain. I will keep trying! I would have thought it would be easier to lose without eating out as much as we used to, but no luck. Being home and less busy all the time works against me.

I’m exactly the same way! But at least you are able to get your workouts in. Celebrate your wins!
    My breathing is a little better today. I will keep using the steroid puffer for a few days until things settle down. I have 2 doctors appointments today and both are by phone. One is with the family doctor and I will know more about my X-ray and ultrasound results. I am hoping to go for a walk today between appointments.

I lost my binge eating streak again. I was emotional and totally overwhelmed. The good thing is I am having longer streaks between binges. My last streak was 13 days and I reached 6 this time. I find I am starting do do some mindless eating so I am going to use strategies to stop that in its tracks. I will definitely be up on Friday. Last night caused a spike in my weight today and we will be having takeout with my daughter and her family on Thursday so that won’t help. The most important thing is I am finding it easier to have compassion for myself. I think that is the most important thing I got out of my dietitian appointment. That compassion is helping with my binge eating.

ahh I’m so happy your breathing is now better. I’m also asthmatic and there is nothing worse than being unable to breath properly. Don’t worry about that binge. You have done so well overcoming that urge. I admire how well you do. But you are only human and sometimes these things get the best of us. It seems you know where to go from here. I believe in you ❤️

• mari_moulin
    Options
    CHECK IN: Tuesday, Nov. 17
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    😴 Sleep ❌

STEPS
    TUES. 11/17: 6,739

Another bad day of binging. This week has been awful. Not sure I should stay here, because I can't get my eating under control at all. This is the worst I have been since Covid.

I am going to just echo what’s everyone else has already said. This is where you need to be. Especially when you are feeling your lowest. We all know exactly how you are feeling. Some of us are there ourselves, some of us are coming out of it, others are headed that here and will need your wisdom from your own experiences when they get there. We are all here for each other. Ot only when it’s all going great and sunshiny but when we are in the dark and need help finding our way. We’ve got you queen ❤️
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    not too cold so I went for a walk outside. It felt wonderful to be outside again in the fresh air. It probably won't happen too often over the next few months but I took advantage yesterday.

Yea. We must make the most of the good days. I went out this morning. And the si. Was out. Halfway through my walk it started pouring lol. Gory home soaked but gas I got that walk done.
    Morning all .....Still feeling blah ... my left side of my face hurts and is still swollen ...my head feels like it is going to explode....Going to my Dr's Appt. this afternoon .....and its raining here (makes me want to stay in bed)
    I just got back from the Dr ... I do have a sinus infection ...He took off the skin tag off my back .....he is putting me back on gabapentin for my numb toes and feet tingling ....I go back next Wednesday to talk about the results of my labs that I need to do tomorrow and the bone density test ...he was way behind today ... I just got home my appt. was for 12:30 ...need to go get my prescriptions ...Thanks everyone for the well wishes ... I can't wait to be back to my cheery self ... I feel like a Whiney Debbie downer

ugh poor girl. Anything sinus related of face related in general is the worst. I hope you are feeling better today.
    Had a dentist appointment today- 3 fillings. Honestly, I didn't look after myself for so long and I'm finally catching up to it. 5 more to go and another appointment booked for next Thursday

I didn't eat as much as I wanted today- just because i forgot to pack some fruit when I went out. But that is all ok. Tomorrow I'm planning on cooking up a storm. Breakfast muffins, bacon and butternut squash risotto and if i have the energy after- thai red curry! I bought more containers to put stuff in the freezer.

I also have a friend cooking a turkey for me. We had plans to spend American Thanksgiving together but because of covid, she didnt feel comfortable which is totally ok. But she offered to cook the turkey that I had in the freezer, so if anyone has any recipes for cooked turkey, please lemme know!!

Tomorrow is the "me" day, I get a few hours to myself in the afternoon, since my wife is going out. planning on doing some "cleaning" exercise... good for the body and the mind!

I'm off to bed- had a rough sleep last night, kept waking up. I get hotter at certain times, and it causes me to have really weird dreams then i sleepwalk, not fun! But I hope tonight is better! if i get up early enough I might just get my walk in early :)

Anyway- have a great night all, stay safe xx

I’m glad you are getting those cavities taken care of. I’ve let a couple get so bad that I have 2 crowns and those were so so long I’m to have done. Let us know what you manage with your turkey. We will also be doing thanksgiving on our own I will look for a small bird as it’s only my little family. Hope you enjoyed your day today ❤️

• mari_moulin
    Options
    hc1o4rq0pw5a.jpg

ALSO- I decided to do a side-by-side comparison to look at my progress. Granted it is not the prettiest look... I am wearing the same top and pants both times. First pic was taken about a year ago, I was around maybe 365lb ish. and now I am cruising in the 330's somewhere :)

Wow! What amazing progress! You can totally see the differences. You must be feeling extremely proud of yourself. I know very proud of you! Keep up the great work!
    I got some answers yesterday at the doctor. I have some venous reflux. From what I understand is the I have varicose veins and some times the blood doesn’t go up correctly and it causes so swelling. With my hips I have arthritis which after my knees I wasn’t surprised. The other thing is, again this is what I understand, is I have extra bone growth and they rub together causing pain. I am starting with physio as the first step on my hip. With the neuropathy/nerve pain she is going to continue adjusting the medications I am taking and she added a new one. I need an emg but they referred me in September. I think but things are backed up. It is very important that I control my blood sugars. She wants me to walk no longer than 15 minutes but try it everyday. I miss my longer walks and can’t wait until that starts happing again. Hopefully, my leg continues to improve to make that happen.

I didn’t binge. I had a higher calorie snack as I had enough left. Maybe this is one of the keys to stopping the binge cycle. I am determined to find every key.

My husband is home today. We are going to look at furniture. The early Black Friday sales are out. I am so excited for this move.

All I’m glad you have some answers and that there is a plan In place for you. I can understand your frustration tho. I know I hate when I can do the workouts I want to. I know you miss your long walks but be a little patient and follow doctors orders as to not hurt yourself further. Let’s get you all healed up ❤️
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    I had no idea the weather here was suppose to be so beautiful this week! After dropping my son off at preschool, I put my daughter in the stroller and we went for a nice walk outside. Hoping the weather is the same today, getting outside for my walks has been great for my mental state.
    I've been having some pretty intense chocolate cravings for the past couple days, and just a "eat snacks" craving in general. It's almost TOM so I'm assuming that's what's causing them and doing my best not to give in. They should stop in a few days.

Fingers crossed for the weather to continue to be so nice for you. I get that TOM Issue. But don’t be me and use it as an excuse to indulge. I’ve gone over boars and have done some serious damage. Be strong!
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    I tracked about 98% of what I ate yesterday still over in calories. I had two new recipes on my meal plan this week for dinner and I couldn’t find the type of meat needed after going to 3 markets and disappointed . My husband tried one near his gym This am and got them. So tonight I am going to try skinnytaste steak & cheese egg rolls in the air fryer. I have never made an egg roll before so should be interesting!

I did my boxing workout which I love lately more than strength which I used to enjoy more than cardio. I also played just dance on the wii with my son and his friend. Someone mentioned this game on here recently. It is fun and lots of movement. The version they like is an older one so there was some Madonna and Beyoncé. Only bummer Is my Fitbit died during it. Oh well! All charged for today.

oooooohhhhh I love skinnytaste recipes! Such great meals and healthy and my kids love her recipes. Well done with your soloists! All sounds so fun!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,068 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone .... Just got back from labs .... Still feel pressure in my face but I am going to try to workout with Richard Simmons Broadway that I absolutely love... I haven't worked out since last Friday boy am I missing it .... I go back to my Dr. next Wednesday ...
  • darleenturner
    darleenturner Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Sorry keep forgetting
    11/10 2045
    11/11 2831
    11/12 2697
    11/13 3660
    11/14 2322
    11/15 2357
    11/16 4084
    11/17 2253
    11/18 2185

Not been very active but been out for a good walk today and doing another one tomorrow
This discussion has been closed.