Options
    CHECK IN: Tuesday, Nov. 17
    πŸƒπŸ»β€β™€οΈ Exercise βœ”οΈ
    πŸ’¦ Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    😴 Sleep ❌

STEPS
    TUES. 11/17: 6,739

Another bad day of binging. This week has been awful. Not sure I should stay here, because I can't get my eating under control at all. This is the worst I have been since Covid.

Thank you @Z10Rtza for the kind words and the suggestions.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 17
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 136oz
    Steps 10019
    Exercise 60min walk

The weather was decent, a little windy but not too cold so I went for a walk outside. It felt wonderful to be outside again in the fresh air. It probably won't happen too often over the next few months but I took advantage yesterday.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,276 Member
    Options
    Morning all .....Still feeling blah ... my left side of my face hurts and is still swollen ...my head feels like it is going to explode....Going to my Dr's Appt. this afternoon .....and its raining here (makes me want to stay in bed)
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    πŸ’¦ Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    😴 Sleep ❌

STEPS

Another bad day of binging. This week has been awful. Not sure I should stay here, because I can't get my eating under control at all. This is the worst I have been since Covid.

hey! don't you be going anywhere, lovely. I get it, I really do. I have been there. Don't you give up! Your weigh in day is in 2 days. So you have 3 choices

1) give up completely forever and ever and ever
    2) start your week again right now, plan, track, what I used to call "damage limitation"
    3) weight til friday and weigh yourself, get it over and done with and start your next week fresh and shiny.

I have done all 3 at various times over the years. Sometimes 2 and 3 are better options depending on where I'm at. I used to love weighing in after a hellish week of binging. Because once I stepped off the scales, and made myself accountable, I had plans in place to rock the next week.

I am a chronic binge eater. It's something I've struggled with my whole life. My weight has fluctuated from 150-375lb and it's a lifelong struggle.

One thing that helps me right now is I take each day as it comes. I don't stress about tuesdays (my weigh in day) until, maaaaaaaybe the day before lol. I wake up, plan my food (if not the night before) and stick to it. If the day is too long, then I cut it up in chunks. Meal by meal, hour by hour... sometimes minute by minute

I do hope you stick with us. We are a team! A family! And we are there for each other through the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Sending you hugs hunni, you got this! <3<3<3
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Morning all .....Still feeling blah ... my left side of my face hurts and is still swollen ...my head feels like it is going to explode....Going to my Dr's Appt. this afternoon .....and its raining here (makes me want to stay in bed)

Good luck at the docs hun, hope it all works out ok today. and hope you feel better!!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Good luck at the docs hun, hope it all works out ok today. and hope you feel better!!

Thanks ....I am having a large skin tag removed on my lower back ... and I get the test results from my bone density test ...I still feel like crap but I do not want to cancel my appt. who knows when I can get back in .... A sinus infection is not contagious and I do not have a fever thank goodness.... will go and then come home and lay on the couch all day like I have since Saturday
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    πŸ’¦ Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    😴 Sleep ❌

STEPS

Please don’t leave. This group is here not only to celebrate our victories but to help each other with our struggles. We are here for you to lean on as you try to get your eating back on track. As you know binge eating is a struggle for me. I really understand what you are going through with the binges. I know for me stress is a big contributing factor.

If you are worried that a gain will upset the group don’t be. Over the last few months I have gained 12pounds but not one person judged me. Everyone has been so supportive. So we will support you as you go through this. There is several people in the group who binge eat or has in the past. Ask questions and maybe someone will be able to answer.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options

I hope you start to feel better soon!!! Feeling like crap sucks. Rest all you can.

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    πŸ’¦ Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    😴 Sleep ❌

STEPS

I agree with the others please don’t leave. I am so discouraged with myself but I refuse to call it quits because the only thing that happens for me is that more lbs creep on over time and it doesn’t get any easier. I am at my heaviest. Approx 3 years ago I was at a weight I was more comfortable with but the lbs slowly have come back and I am now almost 18 lbs over that weight. 5 of that since Covid started. I am working out the most consistently I ever have in my life yet it is so hard to consistently lose for me. It is so nice to have others not this fight that struggle as much as I do.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: Β»

I hope you start to feel better soon!!! Feeling like crap sucks. Rest all you can.

Thank you so much :)
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thank you @lindamtuck2018 @littleflutterby and @rlaskey2 you made me cry, because I've never had support before for my binging. My family don't see it, I hide it from them mostly. I often feel very alone, even though I am rarely by myself.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options

Megan good luck today. I hope your sinus infection clears up and all else eases up for you. You've been through a lot. Get well
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    πŸ’¦ Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    😴 Sleep ❌

STEPS

If this is the worst it's been, then this is EXACTLY where you need to be. We are here for you, don't walk away from the people who understand what you're going through the most. Vent to us, we listen without judgement!
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    πŸ’¦ Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    😴 Sleep ❌

STEPS

You should stay even more. It helps πŸ˜‰
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    πŸ’¦ Water ❌
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌
    😴 Sleep ❌

STEPS

hey! don't you be going anywhere, lovely. I get it, I really do. I have been there. Don't you give up! Your weigh in day is in 2 days. So you have 3 choices

1) give up completely forever and ever and ever
    2) start your week again right now, plan, track, what I used to call "damage limitation"
    3) weight til friday and weigh yourself, get it over and done with and start your next week fresh and shiny.

I have done all 3 at various times over the years. Sometimes 2 and 3 are better options depending on where I'm at. I used to love weighing in after a hellish week of binging. Because once I stepped off the scales, and made myself accountable, I had plans in place to rock the next week.

I am a chronic binge eater. It's something I've struggled with my whole life. My weight has fluctuated from 150-375lb and it's a lifelong struggle.

One thing that helps me right now is I take each day as it comes. I don't stress about tuesdays (my weigh in day) until, maaaaaaaybe the day before lol. I wake up, plan my food (if not the night before) and stick to it. If the day is too long, then I cut it up in chunks. Meal by meal, hour by hour... sometimes minute by minute

I do hope you stick with us. We are a team! A family! And we are there for each other through the good, the bad, and the ugly!

Sending you hugs hunni, you got this! <3<3<3

Lovely to read you. Thanks for those words
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Thank you @lindamtuck2018 @littleflutterby and @rlaskey2 you made me cry, because I've never had support before for my binging. My family don't see it, I hide it from them mostly. I often feel very alone, even though I am rarely by myself.

We are here to support each other 😘
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    I just got back from the Dr ... I do have a sinus infection ...He took off the skin tag off my back .....he is putting me back on gabapentin for my numb toes and feet tingling ....I go back next Wednesday to talk about the results of my labs that I need to do tomorrow and the bone density test ...he was way behind today ... I just got home my appt. was for 12:30 ...need to go get my prescriptions ...Thanks everyone for the well wishes ... I can't wait to be back to my cheery self ... I feel like a Whiney Debbie downer
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @Piqueaboo

food is the biggest challenge, I live in Paris so when they announced the second lockdown I went to Germany where my parents live, the main food groups in the house are bread, butter, and chocolate and I’ve been really bad at resisting! I have my own groceries now but boy can I say that it takes self-discipline that I have yet to reach… Baby steps.

I’m going to start 16/8 today and try to do it at least twice this week, I’ve always noticed a quick change if I do this plus drinking my 2-3 litres of water daily. The good thing is that because I’m removed from my normal environment I’m barely touching alcohol (once last week) and I stopped smoking, I hope that one will stick!

Hi Piequeaboo. That must be really super difficult to live in a house with all that triggering food around. I'm glad you have your own groceries to use now. I also haven't been drinking alcohol. The last time I did, I felt terrible for days afterwards. What's the point of that? Congrats also on quitting smoking. I hope it will stick for you! If it doesn't, just keep trying! That will be a great accomplishment. However, you don't want to put too much pressure on yourself so you may want to take on one thing at a time. I guess just feel what works for you is best.

@Z10Rtza
    Yesterday I had the interview about the course and they say they are taking me in. Is super good news, it means a lot, but t also means that I'm going to be extra tired and frustrated. Doing a course of something so difficult in a language that I'm only studding for a year... Like my mother says "Ole mis ovarios".I need to study math again. In my 36 and with memory issues IS GOING TO BE FUN!

My girlfriend is really happy with her Fitbit and I'm happy that is making her walk a bit more. I'm myself in my Samsung Health Challenges.

Congrats on the course! I'm sure your memory will bounce back into shape! The brain is a muscle too! I'm glad that you are helping your friend and taking some joy in that. Helping others is a great way to bring more joy into the world. Also, to have more meaning in life.

@azkunk

I have been a nurse for almost 30 years and I now work in hospital quality. In my current position, I have had a lot of insight into the bigger picture and how this is effecting not only patients but also the front line workers. I can’t imagine how hard this is for her being the first year as a nurse. I hope her hospital values the frontline staff and is doing things to promote their physical and mental well-being.

I really applaud you for being a nurse! I think it must be a spectacularly difficult job! Really, it is such an important job and you must be going through so much with covid. Thank you for all that you do! And god bless you and keep you safe.

@rlaskey
    Yesterday the kids were home again so I worked out later in the day. Even with my planning I have still been eating too much crap later in the day which I am sure lead to the 1 lb gain. I will keep trying! I would have thought it would be easier to lose without eating out as much as we used to, but no luck. Being home and less busy all the time works against me.

Yes. I think being at home is more difficult for our eating habits. Being active and out of the house is much better. I used to do a lot of volunteering, especially in the arts, which I enjoyed so much and kept me busy, but all theaters are closed so there is nothing happening now. I'm keeping busy with audio books, netflix, zooming with friends. Whatever I can find to do....

@lindamtuck2018
    My breathing is a little better today. I will keep using the steroid puffer for a few days until things settle down. I have 2 doctors appointments today and both are by phone. One is with the family doctor and I will know more about my X-ray and ultrasound results. I am hoping to go for a walk today between appointments.

I lost my binge eating streak again. I was emotional and totally overwhelmed. The good thing is I am having longer streaks between binges. My last streak was 13 days and I reached 6 this time. I find I am starting do do some mindless eating so I am going to use strategies to stop that in its tracks. I will definitely be up on Friday. Last night caused a spike in my weight today and we will be having takeout with my daughter and her family on Thursday so that won’t help. The most important thing is I am finding it easier to have compassion for myself. I think that is the most important thing I got out of my dietitian appointment. That compassion is helping with my binge eating.

Hi Linda. I'm so happy to hear that your breathing is improving. I hope your doctors can do more for you and improve your health to a higher level and results in more activity and fun in your life. Congratulations from having longer streaks of time without binging. I think being a highly sensitive and emotional person is a huge challenge. Some people really do feel more and it's just more a challenge to deal with. It seems like you are making peace with your emotions and your sense of self-compassion is really helping you. Thank you for sharing this. Last night, I really tired this. I think just accepting how you feel and not judging yourself for how you feel is so important.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    I'm so sorry to hear that you are struggling with depression. It really is an insidious thing. I hope you can find some assistance with some combination of therapy or strategies that will help you realize a more joyful life. I certainly suffer from highs and lows and dealing with difficult emotions is a huge challenge. I think Linda is on the right track in always accepting yourself and having compassion for yourself. God bless.

• ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    checkin day 11/18/2020
    weigh in day is Friday

Steps for today 4836
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Nov 18th Check in

* Track food βœ…
    * Stay under calorie goal βœ…
    * Not restrict βœ…
    * Drink 2L water minimum βœ…
    Walks this week- 1 (goal of 3)

Steps- 4100 (did a few extra steps to make sure I went over my goal for the day lol)

Had a dentist appointment today- 3 fillings. Honestly, I didn't look after myself for so long and I'm finally catching up to it. 5 more to go and another appointment booked for next Thursday

I didn't eat as much as I wanted today- just because i forgot to pack some fruit when I went out. But that is all ok. Tomorrow I'm planning on cooking up a storm. Breakfast muffins, bacon and butternut squash risotto and if i have the energy after- thai red curry! I bought more containers to put stuff in the freezer.

I also have a friend cooking a turkey for me. We had plans to spend American Thanksgiving together but because of covid, she didnt feel comfortable which is totally ok. But she offered to cook the turkey that I had in the freezer, so if anyone has any recipes for cooked turkey, please lemme know!!

Tomorrow is the "me" day, I get a few hours to myself in the afternoon, since my wife is going out. planning on doing some "cleaning" exercise... good for the body and the mind!

I'm off to bed- had a rough sleep last night, kept waking up. I get hotter at certain times, and it causes me to have really weird dreams then i sleepwalk, not fun! But I hope tonight is better! if i get up early enough I might just get my walk in early :)

Anyway- have a great night all, stay safe xx
This discussion has been closed.