Options
    Nov 16th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 0 (goal of 3)

Steps- 7176

I kinda wanted to walk tonight but I am still feeling super hormonal and bloaty and *blah*. Even more so tonight. **and it's not even the time yet if ya catch my drift**

I am also feeling super tired. My work day was shorter so I'm not sure why I feel this bad.

On a positive though, I have 3 days off now. Tuesdays are always super busy with appointments (chiropractor and therapy) and other bits and bobs. Wednesday I am going to the dentist to get 4 bloody fillings -_- I have 10 cavities. I guess I am paying the price for poor self-care over the last decade. But at least I am getting it done.

And Thursday my wife is going out for a few hours so I can do some things around the apartment! As random as it sounds, I can't do anything when she is around. I'll have 20 things to do, and if she's home I'll be half way into something and she'll remind me of another 15 things to do lol. So once she goes out, spring winter cleaning.

tonight is just chilling and taking it easy. Hopefully I can have an early night and get up earlier and maybe get a walk in in the morning if my body allows it!

Have a great night all <3
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My hips hurt! I have decided not to walk for 3 days. I went to the chiropractor last week and am going this week. I’m doing yoga too. So —- today’s steps = 4,383
    Nov. 16
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    checkin day 11/16/2020
    weigh in day is Friday

Steps for today 2200
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,902 Member
    Options
    What a day...... My new Fitbit stopped syncing. Spent over an hour on the phone with support, trying everything! I am going to send it back for a full refund. I'm just disgusted and frustrated. As a last ditch, support had me re-setup/reinstall my FB... as if this was the first time for this device. I thought, well, if it works, I will be ok with losing all my data. F**k. Even that didn't work. Then "support guy" tells me that Sense isn't fully compatible with my Samsung A71 5G..... I very calmly said, I was told in October, before buying it, that it was compatible. Now, I could have checked this compatibility issue on my own. I did not. My Ionic stopped functioning after 3 years. All I could see was new FB. So, I'm tired, want to cry (I won't.) It would totally freak hubs out. So here's to "First World" problems. I'll figure it out. This is the short version... Thanks for listening. I'll check back in with a better attitude!! :s

P.S. I did get a discount coupon for 50% off another model of FB...... :D

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in November 16
    Track - yes (under)
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 13191

PW - 343
    CW - 338. 6 (4.4 loss)
    LTD - 31.4

I had a good walk and weigh loss yesterday, but my day was marred by other things. I went for yet another biopsy for my thyroid. It's been indeterminate twice. He told me that if that happens again this time, then I need surgery. He said that chances are that means it's cancerous or pre-cancerous and I need to have the nodules out. It's still not for certain, but somehow I just felt what is going to happen. He did too. He asked if he could do a pre-surgery test in case I might need it. I said to go ahead. If I have the surgery, it's a two week recovery period. I'm scared about how painful it will be...I think the recovery period will be difficult.

Anyway, It is not confirmed yet, but I'm pretty sure it's coming...will keep you posted.

Not surprisingly, I have been feeling sad. I'm sure I just need time to digest it.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Nov 16th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Not restrict ✅

Steps- 7176

I kinda wanted to walk tonight but I am still feeling super hormonal and bloaty and *blah*. Even more so tonight. **and it's not even the time yet if ya catch my drift**

I am also feeling super tired. My work day was shorter so I'm not sure why I feel this bad.

On a positive though, I have 3 days off now. Tuesdays are always super busy with appointments (chiropractor and therapy) and other bits and bobs. Wednesday I am going to the dentist to get 4 bloody fillings -_- I have 10 cavities. I guess I am paying the price for poor self-care over the last decade. But at least I am getting it done.

And Thursday my wife is going out for a few hours so I can do some things around the apartment! As random as it sounds, I can't do anything when she is around. I'll have 20 things to do, and if she's home I'll be half way into something and she'll remind me of another 15 things to do lol. So once she goes out, spring winter cleaning.

tonight is just chilling and taking it easy. Hopefully I can have an early night and get up earlier and maybe get a walk in in the morning if my body allows it!

Sounds like a busy few days. Get some rest!
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    My hips hurt! I have decided not to walk for 3 days. I went to the chiropractor last week and am going this week. I’m doing yoga too. So —- today’s steps = 4,383
    Nov. 16

Taking a break from walking sounds like a good idea. If your hips keep hurting you need to get it checked out.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    What a day...... My new Fitbit stopped syncing. Spent over an hour on the phone with support, trying everything! I am going to send it back for a full refund. I'm just disgusted and frustrated. As a last ditch, support had me re-setup/reinstall my FB... as if this was the first time for this device. I thought, well, if it works, I will be ok with losing all my data. F**k. Even that didn't work. Then "support guy" tells me that Sense isn't fully compatible with my Samsung A71 5G..... I very calmly said, I was told in October, before buying it, that it was compatible. Now, I could have checked this compatibility issue on my own. I did not. My Ionic stopped functioning after 3 years. All I could see was new FB. So, I'm tired, want to cry (I won't.) It would totally freak hubs out. So here's to "First World" problems. I'll figure it out. This is the short version... Thanks for listening. I'll check back in with a better attitude!! :s

I hope you get your Fitbit figured out. It is so frustrating trying to deal with customer support. If I am reading this right you are going to get a full refund on the one you have plus a 50% off coupon. That is amazing.

lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in November 16
    Track - yes (under)
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 13191

PW - 343
    CW - 338. 6 (4.4 loss)
    LTD - 31.4

I had a good walk and weigh loss yesterday, but my day was marred by other things. I went for yet another biopsy for my thyroid. It's been indeterminate twice. He told me that if that happens again this time, then I need surgery. He said that chances are that means it's cancerous or pre-cancerous and I need to have the nodules out. It's still not for certain, but somehow I just felt what is going to happen. He did too. He asked if he could do a pre-surgery test in case I might need it. I said to go ahead. If I have the surgery, it's a two week recovery period. I'm scared about how painful it will be...I think the recovery period will be difficult.

Anyway, It is not confirmed yet, but I'm pretty sure it's coming...will keep you posted.

Not surprisingly, I have been feeling sad. I'm sure I just need time to digest it.

I hope you don’t have to get surgery but if it is cancerous/precancerous that is for the best. I can’t imagine how hard it is to deal with this. It is ok to be sad and take your time to come to terms with it.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-in: Monday Nov 16

• 30 active minutes - 106 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2.5 ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 13,146 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Turn Up Tuesday Team!

I’m running late today as I’ve been running around with errands and appointments all morning.

I had my final appointment with my surgeon and nurse today to remove the last of my staples and to give me instructions for the next 3 months until my next follow up appointment. They say everything is as it should be and I’ve healed nicely. Just a couple more days with a bandage on my back and I’m done with bandages. He says to slowly start workouts (walking to start off with) which I’ve already done, and to move forward slowly depending on how I’m feeling. Nothing crazy for another month tho so I won’t be doing my runs just yet. He says it’s most important to listen to my body. It will let me know if and when I’m ready.

This afternoon in will continue on my house chores (mostly laundry) and taking it easy. I might go out for a walk as well.

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.

• mari_moulin
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Yesterday I grocery shopped and made my breakfast and lunch for the week and some hard boiled eggs for snacks. I tracked the calories for today as well. I have plans for dinners just not sure what I will make each day. My kids have activities mom-wed starting this week so planning will be helpful. I only walked yesterday I was sore from my double workout the day before. My weight was up quiet a bit over the weekend but thankfully already starting to come down.

I wish inoculé get myself into meal prepping for the week. But our schedule is all over the place and impossible to stick to a routine.
    After my surprise belated birthday gift from my husband I am no way behind on my weight loss and my steps. The time away from things was needed but now I have to repair the damage done because of my stress eating. You guys are rock stars.
    CW:171.2

You can do this. We are all here to do it with you! 💪🏻
    Had a real battle with depression over the weekend and binged a lot. :(

I hope you are feeling a little better today. I know depression is not something you get over just like that. Butninsonhopwnyoi have a little more sunshine today ❤️
    Good Morning Wonderful Downsizers ....No walk outside today .... I have had a headache since yesterday early afternoon... my foot with the screw in it is very painful and my hips are screaming (I always hurt when it goes from hot to cold) ....I will find something to do here at the house for exercise .... I have tons of workout dvd's

Great job with everyone's losses and NSV :)

I’m so sorry you are having so much pain I do hope you get some relief soon ❤️
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    The rest day was definitely needed and my muscles appreciated it. Will get back into the exercise today! Thank you to everyone who showed confidence in me about my goal post! It helps keep my motivation up.

My parents technically get released from quarantine in a couple days but mom says my dad is still sick. I'm praying he recovers soon.

Continued prayers for them. I think it’s best for the to stay safe until they are 100% better.
    I am having a hard time getting moving today! I am wheezy today and it is making me frustrated. I get so tired when my asthma acts up. I am going to use my puffers and attempt a walk in a bit.

My Newfie dinner was delicious last night. My weight is up but I expected that. My hubby prepped everything last night to make soup today. I threw it in the crockpot and we will have yummy soup tonight.

I realized my move is in 6 weeks. Today I am going to put everything on paper to be done before then. We are buying a lot of new furniture and I hope there is some great Black Friday sales next week.

Have a super start to the week!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
    5. Walk 3 times/week

I’m glad your dinner was a success. You are right, that weight will come down in heartbeat. Fingers crossed for some nice furniture

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    PW- 340.8
    CW- 337
    loss- 3.8 (again lol)

LTD- 38lb

Ya know what, I am pretty ok with that. That's, what 11.4lb in 3 weeks? I get myself caught up on the number so much that I get obsessed. AND I know if I continue to do that, then I will just give up, feeling defeated even though I'm doing perfectly splendidly.

I did the maths today- even though I was claiming to be "abstinent" my food plan before all this was very loose. Tuesdays, after my chiropractor, was always mcdonalds brekkie. Always. The calories for that meal was 1420. FOR ONE MEAL and an iced coffee. Insane! I am literally eating that much all day.

Today is takeout Tuesday- I have asked the wife if we could have sushi for supper. I love me some sushi. And I can pre-plan and measure everything to not go over my calories. Even though it is my weigh in day and I want to have a night off the salads, doesn't mean I want to allow myself to go over.

I used to do that when I lost weight last time. I would have a greasy meal which made me so queasy after (because my body wasnt used to it) and then i would spend all week just catching up.

This time, I can have both a treat and it be cleaner. I have promised myself no fast food, because I always over eat it and never feel satisfied. No potato chips because same thing. Sugar is easy for me now because it's been 2 years. I don't even miss my Peach (no refined sugar added) tea at starbucks. I just drink water when I'm at work.

So anyway I'm up with the worms today. Went to bed around 11, asleep before midnight and i woke up naturally at 6.52. Decided at 7 to get up. hopefully if i keep doing this, I can actually get up naturally earlier every day! The only thing that will make me stumble is on Friday nights, because I work til nearly 11pm every night. But, friday is a ways away yet, it's only Tuesday :)
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Check in November 16
    Track - yes (under)
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 13191

PW - 343
    CW - 338. 6 (4.4 loss)
    LTD - 31.4

Bloody hell, girly, you are rocking it this month!

I'm sorry about your health stuff. That's scary. Just know we are here for you, as emotional support/cheerleaders with the extra super "you got this" pompoms.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Nov 16th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Not restrict ✅

Steps- 7176

I love how you are doing so much to take care of yourself. Letting yourself off the hook about taking that walk is what you needed at the time. Enjoy your time off...hope it isn't all business.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 11,891 tracked
    Exercise chest/triceps workout

Typical Monday at home with the kids in this new norm. Busy afternoon getting my workout in and chores, before taking my daughter to volleyball and running errands to round out the day with teacher Confernces. I ate all my planned meals until dinner where I couldn’t find the right meat for my recipe so just threw something quick together but tracked it. I tracked everything until things started to go downhill after dinner.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Megan is officially falling apart ....I am not sure if I have a sinus infection or a zit coming on but the pressure on the left side of my face is unbearable and its swollen ... I have had a headache since yesterday ... my foot and hips hurts real bad .......sorry for being so whiny but I do not do well with pain or being sick .......I hope everyone else is doing good .......going back to laying down ... I came over to my computer to pay bills and to check in with everyone

Oh Megan you’ve had a rough time these past few days. Info hope it gets better soon.
    Hi all,

First of all I want to apologize for not updating sooner. Terrible week in terms of nutrition and dieting. Completely went overboard with my weekend cheat meals and completely blew all the work done.

Managed to gain 800grs Friday-on-Friday due to being irresponsible and eat like an idiot like there was no tomorrow.

When I finally went below 80Kg, I totally sabotaged myself. :disappointed:

This week is not going great as well, let's see how it ends.... Again, apologies for not updating sooner and even if it is out of time, I want to continue posting here to keep me accountable for the mistakes I made.

Hope everyone is well and safe!

Glad that ou were able to check in. Forgive yourself for the bad week and turn the page. Just remember every new week, day, hour, minute, second....is a new chance to do it right. You’ve got this.
    Case0099 wrote: »
    Slowly working back down after a lazy tracking stretch. I'm focusing on my NSVs this week, since the beginning of the year my hips are down 4.25 inches and my waist 2.5 inches!

I love measurement NSV’s. Those are better measurements of how far you’ve come rather than the scale.
    azkunk wrote: »

Not a bad day. The goal is to be +/-5g of each macro. So, yesterday was pretty close. This week I’m pushing my step goal to 8750 😱

You are doing great. I admire how important these details are to you 💪🏻
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Check-in: Monday Nov 16

• 30 active minutes - 106 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2.5 ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 13,146 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Turn Up Tuesday Team!

I’m running late today as I’ve been running around with errands and appointments all morning.

I had my final appointment with my surgeon and nurse today to remove the last of my staples and to give me instructions for the next 3 months until my next follow up appointment. They say everything is as it should be and I’ve healed nicely. Just a couple more days with a bandage on my back and I’m done with bandages. He says to slowly start workouts (walking to start off with) which I’ve already done, and to move forward slowly depending on how I’m feeling. Nothing crazy for another month tho so I won’t be doing my runs just yet. He says it’s most important to listen to my body. It will let me know if and when I’m ready.

This afternoon in will continue on my house chores (mostly laundry) and taking it easy. I might go out for a walk as well.

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.

That is good news! Before you know it you will be running. Enjoy your walk!

PW- 340.8
    CW- 337
    loss- 3.8 (again lol)

LTD- 38lb

Ya know what, I am pretty ok with that. That's, what 11.4lb in 3 weeks? I get myself caught up on the number so much that I get obsessed. AND I know if I continue to do that, then I will just give up, feeling defeated even though I'm doing perfectly splendidly.

I did the maths today- even though I was claiming to be "abstinent" my food plan before all this was very loose. Tuesdays, after my chiropractor, was always mcdonalds brekkie. Always. The calories for that meal was 1420. FOR ONE MEAL and an iced coffee. Insane! I am literally eating that much all day.

Today is takeout Tuesday- I have asked the wife if we could have sushi for supper. I love me some sushi. And I can pre-plan and measure everything to not go over my calories. Even though it is my weigh in day and I want to have a night off the salads, doesn't mean I want to allow myself to go over.

I used to do that when I lost weight last time. I would have a greasy meal which made me so queasy after (because my body wasnt used to it) and then i would spend all week just catching up.

This time, I can have both a treat and it be cleaner. I have promised myself no fast food, because I always over eat it and never feel satisfied. No potato chips because same thing. Sugar is easy for me now because it's been 2 years. I don't even miss my Peach (no refined sugar added) tea at starbucks. I just drink water when I'm at work.

So anyway I'm up with the worms today. Went to bed around 11, asleep before midnight and i woke up naturally at 6.52. Decided at 7 to get up. hopefully if i keep doing this, I can actually get up naturally earlier every day! The only thing that will make me stumble is on Friday nights, because I work til nearly 11pm every night. But, friday is a ways away yet, it's only Tuesday :)

You are right, don’t get obsessed with the number. You are doing really well! Focus on the fact you have made big changes and you are sticking to them.

Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 11,891 tracked
    Exercise chest/triceps workout

Typical Monday at home with the kids in this new norm. Busy afternoon getting my workout in and chores, before taking my daughter to volleyball and running errands to round out the day with teacher Confernces. I ate all my planned meals until dinner where I couldn’t find the right meat for my recipe so just threw something quick together but tracked it. I tracked everything until things started to go downhill after dinner.

Great job on the exercise! Tracking can be hard but keep trying everyday.
  • mari_moulin
    Options

ugh I hear ya on the hormonal and bloaty feeling. I’m right there with you! At least you get to enjoy your 3 days off. Good luck with your appointments, especially the dentist. Ugh teeth issues are the worse. I’d rather give birth to triplets.
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Nov. 16

Few better. Is the chiropractor aligning your hips. Mine did that and it relived all my pain for a good while but it’s something you have to do several times.
    Bluetail6 wrote: »

What a nightmare with your FB! I’ve never had any issues with mine butnivw often hears others have similar problems.

hugs ❤️ I can’t imagine the worry you must be feeling.

Sushi 🤤 😋

I am the same way. I’m real good at tracking until I start being stupid and eating everything in sight. Then I say the hell with it and so even worse.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: under
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:❌
    Steps: 5,378
    DBF: 6
    Walk 3 times: 1/3 done

It is a wintry day! We are under a snow squall watch and I am totally unprepared. I need to get some boots and a winter coat. I will be doing some shopping this weekend. I am not going to walk today as my breathing is not good. I am starting to feel down as it is one thing after the other. The good news is my weight is starting to drop from the weekend. I am crossing my fingers that I can pull off a small loss this week.

Well I am off to prep my veggies for tonight’s supper. It is new recipe night. I am making Spinach ravioli with sausage and mushrooms. I already tracked it and it is a bit high in calories but sounds like it will be delicious.

Have an awesome day!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
    5. Walk 3 times/week
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    11/16 check in
    drank water...yes!
    5024 steps plus bike for 30 min
    Close rings... yes

November Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:172.4
    CW:172.8 I don't even know what to say. Wrong direction. I keep loosing and gaining the same 3 pounds month after month. So discouraged.
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 24.2

I am grateful for all the support. I am not sure if I can do this. I have been fighting this same weight since June. Just done.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    For my American friends celebrating Thanksgiving next week and everyone looking forward to celebrating Christmas. Here is an article from my health coach with some strategies to get through the holiday. I thought it would be the same old advice but this actually is realistic. Let me know if you can’t see and I will ask permission to copy and paste or summarize the strategies.

https://med3fitness.com/2020/11/nutrition-for-the-holidays/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nutrition-for-the-holidays
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,524 Member
    Options
    Morning All .......Thanks for the get better soon messages ..greatly appreciated ... I feel the same ...will be doing nothing once again ....I will be going to my Dr. appt. tomorrow to get the skin tag removed off my lower back and to get the bone density test results ....no other news from me ... off to do the steps
This discussion has been closed.