Options
    Scorpiogirl70

checkin 11/23
    weigh in day is Friday
    Steps 1637
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    The health coach lowered my macros but only carbs. She kept protein and fat the same. So my new goals are P-105, C-115 & F-40 for a total of 1240 calories. Plus fiber is still 28g.

She thinks 0.5-1lb is a good target but still pushed it. I want to hit over 1lb a week. I know some weeks might be less but I would like to lose at least 5lbs/month.
  • mszoueb
    mszoueb Posts: 155 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hi all,

Apologies on the lateness of my check in - technically it's still Monday in America. Had a very busy and stressful day, I did think about MFP a few times but it unfortunately slipped from my mind. It is crazy we are going into December in a week's time, I can't believe it. I'm posting now but going to go and catch up all the comments from the past week afterwards. I'm proud of myself this past week, whilst eating hasn't been 100%, meal planning was a success and tried a few new Pinch of Nom recipes! I thought all were good, family wasn't so hot on a few of them but it felt good having a schedule - aiming to do similar this week.

I weighed in yesterday morning (Monday) at 250.8 - and weighed in again this morning and have already lost some from that number so woop going back in the right direction!

CW: 250.8
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you for the well wishes for our dog. He is much better today. He can now open his left eye. We have an appointment with our regular vet tomorrow. Not sure she will have to reschedule the cleaning or not. It worries me that he will have to be put under for the procedure. We are very grateful that the antibiotic for his eye seems to be working. Also, thank you for recognizing my achievements/goals.

Small changes I can make this week to help me on my weight loss journey:

I have started to remind myself the following daily: "Today can be the beginning of anything you want. It's your choice." I don't remember where I read it, but it resonated with me. So, I'm going to keep that up. The only other small change I started and will keep up, is to have a cup of tea before and after meals. I have some great herbal teas, so why not enjoy and savor them. I tried to drink water before meals, but that seems like a chore somehow, not an indulgence. Hope that makes sense.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    Thank you for the kind words and recognition. I am very motivated. I feel grateful and humble that I can/am making my weight loss journey the way that I want.... on my terms. I also have a lot of support, which really helps.

@Icfa5317
    I giggled when I read your post!! Aren't those sometime the best gifts, when we suggest a present? Anyway, just make sure you have a nice pad to stand on. Doesn't need to be anything fancy. I learned the hard way, that if it (pad) slides at all, put tape or something on the bottom so it stays in position :D.

@draby2011
    Thanks for the shout out!! :)

If I missed anyone else, I will go back through posts, and respond tomorrow (actually, later today) :p
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    11/23 Check In:

Exercise: Yes, 45 mins walking
    Stay At/Under Calories: Yes
    Water Goal: Yes
    Sleep Goal: No, Almost though
    Eating Time: Yes
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I walked at 2.5 for 45 minutes. The incline was 2.5. Don't worry about the incline or anything like that. I appreciate the fact that you have a program to convert from treadmill to steps! So basically a slow, not quite moderate pace, lol.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Monday, Nov. 23
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    MON. 11/23: 12,500 (spin) + 11,692 = 24,192
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 23
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9025
    Exercise 30min Treadmill

I am so proud of myself guys! Last night on the treadmill, I did a better warm up, paced myself a lot better, and was able to jog for 20 minutes straight! The voice in my head kept trying to get me to stop but I kept pushing and felt great! I just told myself make it to 5 minutes, then it was 10 minutes, then look I'm almost at a mile-jog for a mile, then wow I'm almost to 20 minutes-I can do that!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    Tracked Yes mostly
    Under calories No
    Steps 13089 tracked
    Exercise leg strength workout & 10 rounds boxing workout

I doubled up my workouts after my rest day Saturday. Eating was ok still snacking too much and giving up on tracking around dinner. Made Greek gyro’s from the skinnytaste meal prep cookbook. 3 out of 4 off us liked them, my 10 year old has become super picky.

I haven’t made gyros in so long. Do you have the cookbook or do you look at the recipes online?

draby2011 wrote: »
    Today's steps: 16,000
    (Technically, 8,922 however I am going to double that number and I will tell you why!)

Today was, of course, medical Monday but today has been the most insane out of any day I have ever had in nursing, (and that includes my work in New York when this COVID stuff first hit) First off, we were busy as can be and then make matters worse, our sister hospital went on diversion so ALL of their patients on top our patients came to us which had every room in the house full. We very rarely leave patients in the waiting room, especially now with COVID, but we had 8 out there when I left. I will easily say that AT LEAST 75% of my patients were COVID positive. With that being said, I do not take my phone with me into patient rooms to prevent contamination so my phone was not on me very much at all. I was actually shocked to see how many steps I had outside of COVID rooms because it was starting to feel like I had become the COVID queen! Anywho, I did get a GSW and some other crazy stuff so that makes sense that I got around 8,000 steps with those.

I did a 20 hour fast today. It was totally unintentional but we were so crazy that we didn't get to take lunches. Soooooo, the first opportunity I had, I grabbed my cottage cheese and fruit just to get something in my system. Tomorrow I am going to pack some blueberries, grapes, and strawberries just to have something I can eat on the go.

Anywho, stress-wise I feel pretty good. I came home and took a longgggg HOT shower and just kinda washed all the negativity away. I put some meditation soundtrack that I found on youtube while I did and just kinda dimmed the light with the shower curtain and really feel relaxed. It was much needed for sure! I am hoping that tomorrow I will wake up and not be too drowsy though because I left work feel BEAT!

I hope everyone has a great night! Just one more shift at the hospital tomorrow and then I am off (at least from the hospital) until Saturday! See ya'll later!

I dear say you did more than double those steps. Crazy day for you. I hope your day at work is a little calmer.

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Monday 11/23 = 10,042 steps
    I walked to my new chiropractor's office today. She is a different type of chiropractor - she uses the Cox method. I don't really know what that is, but I feel great today.
    My calorie intake was good too.
    I also drank a lot of water.
    So - overall it was a great day with one small exception.
    My dog is very old, and we now have her sleeping in a kennel because she loses control some nights. Arghhh! I was the first one by her today, so I got the joy of cleaning both her and the kennel. NOT a good way to begin the day.

Glad your pain is better. Great job on the calories and water.

Nov 23rd Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Exercise sessions this week- 1 (goal of 4)

Steps- 13,231

Rocked another 45 min on the dancing tonight. I could've done more but I had somewhere I needed to be for 9, but I have 3 days off so.... can get those exercises in in the evening, or in the morning if i am up early enough!

Tomorrow we are getting a new bathroom! it was just going to be a 1 day job on wednesday but since it's not just a new bath but the WHOLE THING, it's gonna be 2 days. I'm pretty bummed because I have 3 days off and I was really craving some quiet and solitude.... the gods have other plans i guess. I also have to miss my zoom therapy session tomorrow because of the workers. That really sucks.

But, I am planning on going to bed early tonight- right after this I am going to unwind, shower, and then head to bed. If I get up around 7 or so, I can have a shake and exercise (after weigh in of course)

This week has been fully on track, but because my TOTM finally got here, I feel bloated and a little gross. of course, the last week of the challenge and I am probably at my heaviest in terms of bloating- but I might be wrong! I just feel fat today :(

Anyhoo- I am going to strongly consider upping my steps for the challenge next month, especially since I can exercise at home so easily. I have no excuses! When I can use the wii fit board even more so- it's fun to do the free step workout while watching tv- i used to do that all the time.

I will touch base in the morning since it is weigh in day *eek*. I have really tried to make this week count so we shall see! My lowest weight in the last 3-4 years was 322.8 and I would LOVE to get there by the end of next month. I know, I am projecting. AND I know how important it is to set smaller goals.... off the top of my head I have these...

322.8lb- lowest weight in a long time
    315- the weight I was when I started Slimming World
    twoterville - or whatever you call it lol
    275lb- the half-way mark
    onederland
    175lb- final target

Anyway I'm blabbing. I am going to get in the shower now, prep my clothes for tomorrow and head to bed- busy day tomorrow

Have a good, safe night all <3

I like your breakdown of your weight loss goals. You are doing so well with your exercise. It makes it fun when you find something you really enjoy.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for Nov. 23
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 13474

Weigh in day
    PW - 238.6
    CW - 231
    LTD - 39

I had a busy day yesterday with an hour walk and then a 90 minute session at the knee clinic in the afternoon. My weight loss seems high, so I wonder if it from water weight or perhaps a change in scale? I was using a scale at the clinic near me. They won't let me come in just to weigh myself as we are on lock down now. So, I weighed myself at the knee clinic instead. I will be using this scale now so there you go....

Anyhoo, I'm happy with the result and see what happens next.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan,
    Can I make a step goal of 6000 or higher per day?
    Thanks!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    The health coach lowered my macros but only carbs. She kept protein and fat the same. So my new goals are P-105, C-115 & F-40 for a total of 1240 calories. Plus fiber is still 28g.

She thinks 0.5-1lb is a good target but still pushed it. I want to hit over 1lb a week. I know some weeks might be less but I would like to lose at least 5lbs/month.

It is nice that she considers how you feel. Do you feel it is a worthwhile investment to get a health coach? I have never met someone who works with one so this really intrigues me.
    mszoueb wrote: »
    Hi all,

Apologies on the lateness of my check in - technically it's still Monday in America. Had a very busy and stressful day, I did think about MFP a few times but it unfortunately slipped from my mind. It is crazy we are going into December in a week's time, I can't believe it. I'm posting now but going to go and catch up all the comments from the past week afterwards. I'm proud of myself this past week, whilst eating hasn't been 100%, meal planning was a success and tried a few new Pinch of Nom recipes! I thought all were good, family wasn't so hot on a few of them but it felt good having a schedule - aiming to do similar this week.

I weighed in yesterday morning (Monday) at 250.8 - and weighed in again this morning and have already lost some from that number so woop going back in the right direction!

CW: 250.8

it is not all about being prefect in our journey but to make small changes to continue to improve. So you really should be proud of yourself.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Thank you for the well wishes for our dog. He is much better today. He can now open his left eye. We have an appointment with our regular vet tomorrow. Not sure she will have to reschedule the cleaning or not. It worries me that he will have to be put under for the procedure. We are very grateful that the antibiotic for his eye seems to be working. Also, thank you for recognizing my achievements/goals.

Small changes I can make this week to help me on my weight loss journey:

I have started to remind myself the following daily: "Today can be the beginning of anything you want. It's your choice." I don't remember where I read it, but it resonated with me. So, I'm going to keep that up. The only other small change I started and will keep up, is to have a cup of tea before and after meals. I have some great herbal teas, so why not enjoy and savor them. I tried to drink water before meals, but that seems like a chore somehow, not an indulgence. Hope that makes sense.

Love that quote!

PW 337
    CW 333.6
    Loss- 3.4lb (lol combo breaker!)

LTD- 41.4lb!

Look at you cruise past 40 pounds lost! Awesome!

CHECK IN: Monday, Nov. 23
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ✔️
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    MON. 11/23: 12,500 (spin) + 11,692 = 24,192

Great day! Is the tea helping you stay on track?

Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post November 23
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9025
    Exercise 30min Treadmill

I am so proud of myself guys! Last night on the treadmill, I did a better warm up, paced myself a lot better, and was able to jog for 20 minutes straight! The voice in my head kept trying to get me to stop but I kept pushing and felt great! I just told myself make it to 5 minutes, then it was 10 minutes, then look I'm almost at a mile-jog for a mile, then wow I'm almost to 20 minutes-I can do that!

That is very inspiring!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in for Nov. 23
    Tracking - yes
    Exercise - yes
    Steps - 13474

Weigh in day
    PW - 238.6
    CW - 231
    LTD - 39

I had a busy day yesterday with an hour walk and then a 90 minute session at the knee clinic in the afternoon. My weight loss seems high, so I wonder if it from water weight or perhaps a change in scale? I was using a scale at the clinic near me. They won't let me come in just to weigh myself as we are on lock down now. So, I weighed myself at the knee clinic instead. I will be using this scale now so there you go....

Anyhoo, I'm happy with the result and see what happens next.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

That is an amazing loss! It could be either one but take the loss and be proud of yourself.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Sleep: ❌
    Steps: 3,576
    DBF: 0
    Walk: 5 minutes

I walked 10 minutes today. I don’t think I will be able to do much more as my pain is bad today. I tried so hard not to binge last night. I was really dopey from my medication and I lost my willpower. I truly can’t log last nights binge as I don’t remember everything I ate. Most times I can track it after the fact. I really like the idea of taking a hot shower before bed. I am going to try that tonight. I get so many good ideas from your guys posts.

Have a Super Tuesday!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 80 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
    5. Walk 15 minutes every day
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Hi all!

It’s recruiting time for the F2F group. You do not need to register for the December challenge as you are carried over to the next months challenge. Share the link below with your friends. Maybe they would like to try the group.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10816568/registration-for-new-members-december-2020#latest
  • Case0099
    Case0099 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    CW 218.6
    PW 220.2
    LTD 26.4
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,552 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Hi Megan,
    Can I make a step goal of 6000 or higher per day?
    Thanks!

Just tell me a step goal you want to hit and I will enter it in the spreadsheet ....and then you try your hardest to hit that daily :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,552 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - I’m not sure why you are missing my steps for so many days. I always tag you.

11/19: 8937
    11/20: 4974
    11/22: 6103
    11/22; 9384
    11/23: 8880

I have all your steps ....if I put you on the missing steps list ... I apologize ...it was a mistake
This discussion has been closed.