Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good morning lovely people.
    Today I have plenty to do and I feel like a kid saying I don't wanna out loud even if I'm alone at home.
    My girlfriend bought a second hand Wii with the wii balance and wii fit and we have been two days sporting as crazy.
    And now, I need to study and do exams, and clean the house, and cook, and prepare de Surprise Sinterklaas... and the wii is calling me from the living room pick me, pick me, let's do sport toguether.
    Forget the rest of the things you need to do

But I need to be strong and do other things before.
    My steps yesterday were 15.135 steps and I was hoola-hooping like crazy too.
    My weight went a little bit down.
    16/11/2020-> 133,5 kg = 294,3 lbs
    23/11/2020-> 132,9 kg = 292,9 lbs

Is not much but it is something.
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    ^^
    @Z10Rtza
    I am on my laptop, so don't know if I was able to quote just part of your post. It is the one above about the standing desk. :)
  • dabbers18
    dabbers18 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hello all, a day late so apologies.
    PW...217.4
    CW....215.4
    LOSS OF 2lbs very happy 😁😁
    STEPS .....31,024 very surprised it was this high due to training staff at work, sat on my bum a lot!!
    This week aiming to improve my steps to at least 35,000, track all food, try and get more sleep.
  • shortyjmorgan1
    shortyjmorgan1 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Weekends are so hard to stay on track.
    CW:168
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Check-in: Monday, Nov. 23
    C25K Week 10 Day 1 ✓
    2L of Water ✓
    No alcohol ✓
    Day 22 of not smoking

New idea: have only vegan packet soups for dinner, calories are <300 and it's vegan and I don't need to cook - this is what I'll try for this week. That plus back to oatmeal for breakfast may start shifting things downward.

I'm happy with the sports I did last week, I went running twice last week, and worked out another three times so that's more than I've done in the past three months combined - I always need to be careful to not set myself up for failure.

Most of my "failures" are around exceeding my calories, so I hope that the above idea will turn into "this one simple trick" so I can switch off my mind and just get on with it - I'll keep you posted!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in Nov. 22
    Tracking - yes (under - yes)
    Exercise - yes ( 1 hour walk)
    Steps - 7987

I did a good walk early before the lovely snowstorm set in. Then I was quite sleepy and took a nap! LOL

I don't know exactly what it's like outside? I'm going to go out and try to walk.
    What exactly is wii. I mean I know have some idea, but not completely.
    And how expensive is it? Just curious...I actually don't have a tv right now? Kind of crazy right? But I think I would need one for that I guess?

I have to do something for the winter. I was thinking of a stationary bike, but maybe this will be super boring! Hmm? In the end, I don't have a lot of money, so if wii is pretty pricey I might not be able to get it...

I'm rooting for everyone! It sounds like we are all having some challenges. Just remember that you are not alone in this.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    azkunk wrote: »
    Username : azkunk
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 183.8
    CW: 183.3
    LTD: 23.7

Only 0.5lb ☹️ Going to talk to the coach about changing my macros to lose more like 1.5 lb per week.

Don’t be disappointed as .5 lb is a good loss. Let us know what your coach says.

lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Saturday, Nov. 21 steps = 11, 908
    Sunday, Nov. 21 steps = 7,110
    Weigh in was Saturday. I was 194. I think I am down, but I have been playing the yo-yo game.
    It's not a fun game - I don't recommend it.
    I know I haven't been doing well because I have been in pain. Then I self-medicate like many of you.
    I just ordered a standing desk. Yay!
    I have been using a foam roller and that has been helping too.
    I cleaned the house today, so I was able to burn some calories that way. I was able to persuade my husband to clean too. I hate to clean, but it feels better when everything is done. It's not all done, but it looks loads better.

You are down a pound so congrats. Doing the yo-yo is not fun but you keep on trying. Pain definitely doesn’t help with weight from my own experience. I hope your standing desk helps.

[
    Just Dance sounds like a fun to a way to workout. I am going to put in a plug for brooks sneakers. Mine are so comfortable! So a courgette is the same as a zucchini right? I love zucchini but unfortunately my husband doesn’t.

Yeah, sorry it is a zucchini. I try to translate from English to Canadian and then every so often an English word will come out haha. Ironically, it's actually a french word... but, ya know, us English are weird. We also call eggplants "aubergines" lol

I am from Newfoundland and I am always translating my Newfie expressions and explaining our foods.

Nov 20th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Exercise sessions this week- 3 (goal of 3) ✅✅✅

Steps- 12,650

I honestly could've done more dancing but my shoulder is k.i.l.l.i.n.g me! And since I have to work tomorrow I really do have to take it easy. I have ice on it as I type. I was just having so much fun with it yesterday that I just overdid it.

Was a rough and snowy day today- so I think my walks are over for the winter. I am always so nervous to fall, especially being so big, I land particularly badly.

Work was rough today. I went in at 11, and it was just constant line-ups. I swear, not a lot of people seem to give a stuff that there is a pandemic. I don't know how many times I have to ask people to socially distance or put their masks on!

The drive thru finally cleared at 5.22.... i was clocking out at 5.30 lol.

But- stuck to plan, did some dancing, went to an OA meeting, which really helps with my head. Reached out to a buddy today. I did all the do things!

So I am hoping for an earlyish night tonight. Back up by 8. Really want to get up earlier to spend some time meditating and just generally chillaxing. Then I am off for 3 days! Bliss!!

Take care of your shoulder. I get you on the falling. I always say I have an irrational fear of falling. I don’t walk in snow and ice. My daughter works a couple of shifts a week in a restaurant. She says the exact same thing. Great job sticking to your plan.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    11/22 10836 steps

Went for a lovely walk at our local woods with a friend I hadn't seen since before our first lockdown and then had a take out coffee and chatted outside for another hour. So much better this lockdown that we can exercise outside with 1 person and can be someone different each time.

Got my sleep apnonea test back and have to go and collect a machine next week. Hoping this will give me a better quality of sleep and won't feel so tired each day. Think its only mild but will know more when I have my appointment

I hear the cpap makes a big difference. Let us know how you sleep with it.

Bluetail6 wrote: »
    We had to take our dog to the emergency vet yesterday. It was stressful, as we had to wait 2 hrs and 45 mins in the parking lot. He should be ok. We have to watch him pretty carefully, and give him medication. He has an abscessed tooth, and scratched his cornea. He is a small dog, Shih Tzu, with the heart of a lion. Now, we have to call our regular and see if we can keep a scheduled appt for a tooth cleaning and scheduled extraction of the aforementioned tooth....

Hope everyone is doing well. Let's end this upcoming week with a bang not a binge!! :)

I hope everything turns out ok with your dog. Great job with your goals the last few days.
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Sunday, Nov. 22
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ✔️
    😴 Sleep ❌

STEPS
    SUN. 11/22: 17,000 (spin) + 4,464 = 21,464
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 22
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 3081
    Exercise Rest day

Yesterday was a pure family day. Didn't really clean, didn't exercise, just hung out with my kids and husband all day. We played games and had fun. Smoked a pork shoulder again for easy lunches coming up. We've been trying out new recipes for homemade indian food instead of paying the money for takeout. A couple days ago we made some amazing tikka masala.
  • 363days
    363days Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    363days wrote: »
    I need to do a much better job tracking and would love to hear how others are successful at doing it. Do you use the online tracker? I have found it a little cumber some but maybe it is because I'm new at it. Do you track separately and then add to the online? What works for you? Thanks for your advice!

I only track online. First when I started tracking it was cumbersome but becomes easier as you go. MFP saves your history so when you start to enter a food it brings up any you have entered in the past. When I am adding chicken for example, once I get the letters chi typed in the search it has brought up anything I entered beginning with these three letters. It makes searching for foods so much easier. I love the barscan feature but you have to beware to compare the nutritional data with the data on the package the first time you enter a food when using this method.

To make tracking easier I track my week in advance. I just have to adjust my serving sizes when I weigh my food. I plan my menu a week in advance so I am able to do this. If you don’t plan that far in advance you could just enter the next day. I find by pre logging I know approximately how many calories I have to play with.

It may seem to be time consuming but like I said it will get easier. I feel tracking is an important part of a weight loss journey.

Thank you, Linda. I know I need to track because I eat so many calories that I "forget about" and sometimes remember a day or two later like -wow, I forgot I ate those two ice cream bars". I will play with it more and take your advice - much appreciated.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Today I have plenty to do and I feel like a kid saying I don't wanna out loud even if I'm alone at home.
    My girlfriend bought a second hand Wii with the wii balance and wii fit and we have been two days sporting as crazy.
    And now, I need to study and do exams, and clean the house, and cook, and prepare de Surprise Sinterklaas... and the wii is calling me from the living room pick me, pick me, let's do sport toguether.

That’s an awesome loss! What is surprise sinterklaas?

dabbers18 wrote: »
    Hello all, a day late so apologies.
    PW...217.4
    CW....215.4
    LOSS OF 2lbs very happy 😁😁
    STEPS .....31,024 very surprised it was this high due to training staff at work, sat on my bum a lot!!
    This week aiming to improve my steps to at least 35,000, track all food, try and get more sleep.

Nice work! You have every right to be happy.
    Weekends are so hard to stay on track.
    CW:168

What is your biggest struggle on the weekends?

draby2011 wrote: »
    Check in for 11/22

Steps: 8,054 (I worked a code yesterday and had multiple COVID patients so I believe my count was probably more like 12,000 or so but what can you do?)

The fitbit that I REALLY want is on sale on friday for $129 so I'm going to try to order it as soon as the sale hits. However, my check engine light came on last night after work and I have to replace the thermostat and the housing so we will see where that leaves me financially. When it rains, it pours guys.

I for the most part stayed on track yesterday with a ceasar salad wrap, cottage cheese, and some trail mix. After work (and when my check engine light came on) i caved and picked up fast food on the way home. However, I was conscientious about what I ate so it wasn't terrible despite my stress levels.

My stress levels are what is going to make me hold on to my weight so despite how tired I may be, I'm going to try to do some yoga and/or meditation before bed tonight. It seems like lately my mind is racing a hundred miles a minute and I'm getting super far ahead of myself when I'm not at work.

Anywho, thank you guys for all your good thoughts and well wishes with last week's situations. Despite everything going on, it is going to be a good week. I just have to get my mind straight and everything else will follow!

Y'all have a great day and keep on keeping on! ❤💪

Sounds like the meditation is a good plan. Stress without a doubt effects weight loss.
    Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Check-in: Monday, Nov. 23
    C25K Week 10 Day 1 ✓
    2L of Water ✓
    No alcohol ✓
    Day 22 of not smoking

New idea: have only vegan packet soups for dinner, calories are <300 and it's vegan and I don't need to cook - this is what I'll try for this week. That plus back to oatmeal for breakfast may start shifting things downward.

I'm happy with the sports I did last week, I went running twice last week, and worked out another three times so that's more than I've done in the past three months combined - I always need to be careful to not set myself up for failure.

Most of my "failures" are around exceeding my calories, so I hope that the above idea will turn into "this one simple trick" so I can switch off my mind and just get on with it - I'll keep you posted!

Well done on all that exercise. Your idea sounds good. I am interested in how this works out.

lelbarou wrote: »
    Check in Nov. 22
    Tracking - yes (under - yes)
    Exercise - yes ( 1 hour walk)
    Steps - 7987

I did a good walk early before the lovely snowstorm set in. Then I was quite sleepy and took a nap! LOL

I don't know exactly what it's like outside? I'm going to go out and try to walk.
    What exactly is wii. I mean I know have some idea, but not completely.
    And how expensive is it? Just curious...I actually don't have a tv right now? Kind of crazy right? But I think I would need one for that I guess?

I have to do something for the winter. I was thinking of a stationary bike, but maybe this will be super boring! Hmm? In the end, I don't have a lot of money, so if wii is pretty pricey I might not be able to get it...

I'm rooting for everyone! It sounds like we are all having some challenges. Just remember that you are not alone in this.

I don’t know a lot about wii but I see my granddaughters using it. You do need a tv. I have bought the girls games and they can be pricey. I am hoping when we move to make use of the stationary bike in the exercise room. It is something to do until spring and I think they are way more affordable than say a treadmill.

CHECK IN: Sunday, Nov. 22
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ✔️
    😴 Sleep ❌

STEPS
    SUN. 11/22: 17,000 (spin) + 4,464 = 21,464

Nice work especially the calories/tracking.
  • 363days
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Daily Post November 21
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9024
    Exercise 40min walking/jogging on treadmill

I was pretty short on steps yesterday by the evening so I thought maybe if I tried jogging I could work out for less time and hit my steps haha. I can't jog for too long at a time yet but I'm slowly getting better. 5 minutes of jogging, walk for awhile, 2minutes jogging, have to walk again, and so on. Took me 40mins to go 2 and a half miles and get to my step goal.
    My parents are doing alright. Mom says she feels much better but she can't leave the house until dad is better too. Dad is just having a problem with dizziness and random nosebleeds.

I love your drive to improve.
  • 363days
    Options
    I need to do a much better job tracking and would love to hear how others are successful at doing it. Do you use the online tracker? I have found it a little cumber some but maybe it is because I'm new at it. Do you track separately and then add to the online? What works for you? Thanks for your advice!

Literally what Linda said lol. I typed up a response this morning and then pressed "done" which just closed the page... which happens way to often. And it made me so angry (it took me forever to type it out lol) that I just put my phone down lol

But honestly, I echo everything that Linda said, that was practically word-for-word what I said

Ahh, thank you so much for your advice, and yes, I know that frustrating feeling, as well. I'm impressed you are typing this on your phone - never comes out right for me. It is good to know people are using the tracker successfully, I'll go back and try. Yesterday I made rotel dip and chips, ate almost al of it and thought "How do I even start to track something like that!!!" I decided today will be my new start.
  • 363days
    Options
    Z10Rtza wrote: »

Wow, what a great work-out you had. I can tell when I've been cleaning house - I get more steps! Hope your day worked out the way you planned.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Sunday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:✅
    Steps: 2,754
    DBF: 0
    Walk: no

I didn’t walk yesterday. The pain was bad in my leg and is again today. I am going to attempt a walk after this. I can only try my best. Between Thursday and Saturday we got most of the furniture we wanted. We need to get a few more but we will get them during the Boxing Day sales. I think we picked a good time to move with all the sales.

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 80 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
    5. Walk 15 minutes every day
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Literally what Linda said lol. I typed up a response this morning and then pressed "done" which just closed the page... which happens way to often. And it made me so angry (it took me forever to type it out lol) that I just put my phone down lol

But honestly, I echo everything that Linda said, that was practically word-for-word what I said

Ahh, thank you so much for your advice, and yes, I know that frustrating feeling, as well. I'm impressed you are typing this on your phone - never comes out right for me. It is good to know people are using the tracker successfully, I'll go back and try. Yesterday I made rotel dip and chips, ate almost al of it and thought "How do I even start to track something like that!!!" I decided today will be my new start.

I use the recipe maker a lot. I don’t know how that dip is made but you can create a recipe by entering all the ingredients in the recipe maker. The harder part of logging something like that is we tend to eat it without measuring. The weekend I stayed at my daughters logging was hard. We did a lot of snacking while playing games and I ended up with no clue how much I had eaten.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

What is one small change you can make this week to help you on your weight loss journey?
This discussion has been closed.