Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,963 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone.....I hope everyone is doing good ....Once again I over did yesterday....we walked just shy of 10 miles...Steps were 27, 157 ....my non screw foot is swollen and hurts like H3LL....When Will I Learn? (never)

I need the following steps from:

@darleenturner-11/21
    @TracyKlaft1 11/15-11/21
    @lcfa5317 -11/15 and 11/18
    @eaturpasta -11/17-11/21
    @mari_moulin 11/21
    @363days 11/19
    @shortyjmorgan1 -11/18-11/21
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 11/22: 13,132
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Congrats @Piqueaboo, @Bluetail6, @888Angie888 and @lelbarou!

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @imgwendolyn2015 3.13%
    2nd @Piqueaboo 2.44 %
    3rd @anido1 1.94%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @imgwendolyn2015 5.4 Lbs
    2nd @Piqueaboo 5.3 Lbs
    3rd @lelbarou 4.4 Lbs

0li8l8ep1hpa.png

CONGRATS ALL!🎉👏😁 You've been working so hard during such a tough time, it's so impressive to me.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Hi Linda. This is in answer to the above question:

To allow myself to just feel how I am feeling and accept myself no matter what.
    I'm working on that...
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    OOPS. I think I misread the POST. You said little thing.
    The above thing I'm working on is pretty big and it's a long-term goal.
    Hmm. So. I will say thinking about what exercise I can do indoors when it's too icy outside...
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,516 Member
    Options
    Question

What is one small change you can make this week to help you on your weight loss journey?

Instead of soothing myself with food I am going to distract myself by playing a game on my iPad.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just got back from a 6.59 mile walk....time to make bacon and eggs and find a low carb bread recipe
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I need the following steps from:
    @eaturpasta -11/17-11/21

11/17 check in
    drank water...yes
    7292 steps plus 30 min stationary bike
    Close rings... yes

11/18 check in
    drank water...yes
    6330 steps plus 20 min elliptical
    Close rings... yes

11/19 check in
    drank water...yes
    3253 steps... what a slug I was
    Close rings... yes

11/20 check in
    drank water...yes
    7064 steps plus 30 min elliptical
    Close rings... yes

11/21 check in
    drank water...yes
    4875 steps plus 45 min yoga
    Close rings... yes

11/22 check in
    drank water...yes
    4792 steps plus 45 min yoga
    Close rings... yes

November Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

• rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked Yes mostly
    Under calories No
    Steps 13089 tracked
    Exercise leg strength workout & 10 rounds boxing workout

I doubled up my workouts after my rest day Saturday. Eating was ok still snacking too much and giving up on tracking around dinner. Made Greek gyro’s from the skinnytaste meal prep cookbook. 3 out of 4 off us liked them, my 10 year old has become super picky.
  • draby2011
    draby2011 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Today's steps: 16,000
    (Technically, 8,922 however I am going to double that number and I will tell you why!)

Today was, of course, medical Monday but today has been the most insane out of any day I have ever had in nursing, (and that includes my work in New York when this COVID stuff first hit) First off, we were busy as can be and then make matters worse, our sister hospital went on diversion so ALL of their patients on top our patients came to us which had every room in the house full. We very rarely leave patients in the waiting room, especially now with COVID, but we had 8 out there when I left. I will easily say that AT LEAST 75% of my patients were COVID positive. With that being said, I do not take my phone with me into patient rooms to prevent contamination so my phone was not on me very much at all. I was actually shocked to see how many steps I had outside of COVID rooms because it was starting to feel like I had become the COVID queen! Anywho, I did get a GSW and some other crazy stuff so that makes sense that I got around 8,000 steps with those.

I did a 20 hour fast today. It was totally unintentional but we were so crazy that we didn't get to take lunches. Soooooo, the first opportunity I had, I grabbed my cottage cheese and fruit just to get something in my system. Tomorrow I am going to pack some blueberries, grapes, and strawberries just to have something I can eat on the go.

Anywho, stress-wise I feel pretty good. I came home and took a longgggg HOT shower and just kinda washed all the negativity away. I put some meditation soundtrack that I found on youtube while I did and just kinda dimmed the light with the shower curtain and really feel relaxed. It was much needed for sure! I am hoping that tomorrow I will wake up and not be too drowsy though because I left work feel BEAT!

I hope everyone has a great night! Just one more shift at the hospital tomorrow and then I am off (at least from the hospital) until Saturday! See ya'll later!
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    "I just ordered a standing desk. Yay!"

I have a standing desk, and absolutely love it. It has a pneumatic lift, so I can adjust it to the perfect height. I ordered one for my husband as an early Xmas/birthday present. I hope you love it!!

I hope so too. I'm looking forward to it. It also is an early Xmas gift - I told my husband he could give it to me - lol.
  • draby2011
    Options
    Congrats @Piqueaboo, @Bluetail6, @888Angie888 and @lelbarou!

PLACE INDIVIDUAL PERCENTAGE
    1st @imgwendolyn2015 3.13%
    2nd @Piqueaboo 2.44 %
    3rd @anido1 1.94%

PLACE INDIVIDUAL LBS LOSS
    1st @imgwendolyn2015 5.4 Lbs
    2nd @Piqueaboo 5.3 Lbs
    3rd @lelbarou 4.4 Lbs

0li8l8ep1hpa.png

GREAT JOB GUYS! :D
  • draby2011
    Options
    Question

What is one small change you can make this week to help you on your weight loss journey?

Specific to this week? Manage my stress level! My cortisol must have been through the roof this past week or so. I need to get a handle on that for sure. I think the meditation in combination with the long, hot shower definitely helped and I feel refreshed now. :smile:
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Monday 11/23 = 10,042 steps
    I walked to my new chiropractor's office today. She is a different type of chiropractor - she uses the Cox method. I don't really know what that is, but I feel great today.
    My calorie intake was good too.
    I also drank a lot of water.
    So - overall it was a great day with one small exception.
    My dog is very old, and we now have her sleeping in a kennel because she loses control some nights. Arghhh! I was the first one by her today, so I got the joy of cleaning both her and the kennel. NOT a good way to begin the day.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Just letting everyone know ..if I do not have people's missing steps by tomorrow morning I will be zeroing them out ....thanks :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - I’m not sure why you are missing my steps for so many days. I always tag you.

11/19: 8937
    11/20: 4974
    11/22: 6103
    11/22; 9384
    11/23: 8880
This discussion has been closed.