Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your support, especially Mari, Linda and littleflutterby.
    I appreciate it!
    I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
    Thank you so much for your support, especially Mari, Linda and littleflutterby.
    I appreciate it!
    I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

• lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Steps =4,087
    I am trying to move as little as possible due to hip pain. It’s working! The pain is better today. Just did “Yoga with Adrienne for hips.” It helps a lot. Tomorrow I’m back at the chiropractor. If I feel well tomorrow I might try my stationary bike. I really want to walk because I teach from home & I need to get out. Big outing today - driving to library to drop off books. Made me happy.
    My daughter called me tonight crying. She’s a nurse in a hospital- her first year. She’s so stressed - crying over all the people dying. I tried to give her a pep talk - not easy these days.
    I didn’t track my food today ...
  • ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Scorpiogirl70
    checkin day 11/17/2020
    weigh in day is Friday

Steps for today 4392
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Steps =4,087
    I am trying to move as little as possible due to hip pain. It’s working! The pain is better today. Just did “Yoga with Adrienne for hips.” It helps a lot. Tomorrow I’m back at the chiropractor. If I feel well tomorrow I might try my stationary bike. I really want to walk because I teach from home & I need to get out. Big outing today - driving to library to drop off books. Made me happy.
    My daughter called me tonight crying. She’s a nurse in a hospital- her first year. She’s so stressed - crying over all the people dying. I tried to give her a pep talk - not easy these days.

I have been a nurse for almost 30 years and I now work in hospital quality. In my current position, I have had a lot of insight into the bigger picture and how this is effecting not only patients but also the front line workers. I can’t imagine how hard this is for her being the first year as a nurse. I hope her hospital values the frontline staff and is doing things to promote their physical and mental well-being.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Check-in: Tuesday Nov 17

• 30 active minutes - 119 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 1 L ✖️
    • 10,000 steps - 13,698 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Wonderful Wednesday Team!

I’m really struggling this week. I’m up 2 Lbs form Saturday due to my TOM and eating everything in sight. I’m usually like this for just 1 day but this month has been so bad. I hope I can manage to reel it in before my next weigh in and at least come in at maintenance.

I managed to wake up early this morning and go out for a long walk with doggo Jax. I ordered an artificial Christmas tree that arrived yesterday so I plan on setting that up to see how it looks. Fingers crossed it’s a good looking one as I am not planning to go out to purchase a real one. I’ve done so for the past 5 years but due to Covid I’m trying to not go out unless absolutely necessary.

No school for the littlest one today so won’t be getting in as many steps as school days. I plan on hitting my 10k tho. 🤞🏻

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Want to send some prayers and wishes for healing to those who are having some set backs with their injury, pain or recent diagnosis, @Megan_smartiepants1970 (hips and foot pain) @lindamtuck2018 @lelbarou @Tazaria87 (your parents) @lcfa5317 @Bluetail6 (to a better day!) @mari_moulin (continued healing) @rlaskey2 (to a better day for us today).

I hopeful haven't overlooked anyone here. I try to read each an every post even if I don't always respond, I read them. I am thankful for the support here from all of you.

Have a great Tuesday :)<3

z90racwwquju.jpeg

Thank you so much for your well wishes and prayers ❤️

So sorry about last week. Our family has been going through a lot but I'm going to try hard to get back on track. Hope everyone has a great week! :)

Sending much love to you and your family. Whatever hardships you are going through I hope that it gets a little easier and better each day.
    Tazaria87 wrote: »

I decided to do a little shorter of a walking video cuz I was getting lots of steps just cleaning my house. I don't know why but I've kinda gone on a cleaning frenzy this week. I washed and folder 2 loads of clothes and a load of towels, stripped all the beds and cleaned everyone's bedding, did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, organized my son's disaster of a room, pulled all the clothes out that no longer fit me and put them in a pile to donate, organized the pantry, and cleaned off my dresser. I've been cleaning this morning too. Maybe I'm wishing it was spring haha.

Last night my mom called an ambulance for my dad cuz he couldn't get out of his chair and he threw up all day. They checked him over, wrote him a couple prescriptions for nausea meds and sent him back home. She says he's not much better today but here's to hoping the meds help.

I'm starting to question if we are even going to get together for Thanksgiving. I guess we will see what happens in the next week.

Sounds like my kinda day lol. I love cleaning house. I am always doing some kinda chore or cleaning something out. I pretend to hate it but deep down my heart isn’t happy unless my home Is tidy.

I do hope that the meds help your dad with his symptoms. Nausea is the absolute worse feeling. I hope he quickly feels better And that you will be able to enjoy a nice family thanksgiving. ❤️

Just a quick one from me tonight. Feeling a little grotty. Might've overdone it at supper a little, because I'm used to much smaller portions but it was worth iiiiiiiiiit.

Managed a 5.1km walk, at a faster pace than last time. I actually really enjoyed it. there are some decent inclines so that gets my blood pumping.

Anyway, I have been super hydrated today, drunk SO MUCH WATER.

Sending love to everyone that is hurting right now- lots of pain physically and mentally. So lots of hugs and all that good stuff heading your way if you need it <3<3<3<3<3

Yes nicely done on the 5K. Nothing like the feeling one gets after having achieved their goal! Keep up the great work 👍🏻
  • mari_moulin
    Options

I am also having trouble with my right hip. I was meant to have an ultrasound and X-ray a couple of weeks ago but has to cancel due to my surgery. I’m calling today to reschedule as now that I’ve been walking more it’s been getting worse. You are right to rest it up. The last thing you need is to cause more damage.

Your poor daughter. Bless her and all nurses and medical staff working hard during this pandemic. I can’t even imagine the toll it’s taking on her mental and emotional health. Sending prayers her way.

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin
    Sorry to hear you are struggling with your weight this week. Hormones and such are hard to deal with. It's okay to have off days. It's going to happen. Coming in at maintenance seems like a realistic goal. The Christmas tree sounds fun! Yep. Going out and about is very difficult with Covid. I hope you manage to get in steps even with the little ones around.

@lcfa5317
    I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter who is a nurse. I must be incredibly difficult to be a nurse at this time. I really can't imagine it! I'm sure I would fall apart under the strain. God bless for doing such an important job at such a difficult time. I hope she is okay.
    Glad to hear your hip is a little better.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for November 17th
    Tracking - yes (under)
    exercise - yes (walk)
    Steps-7163

I couldn't sleep, so I ended having a late walk in the evening. Unfortunately, it didn't help me as far as getting to sleep. For some reason, I feel nervous and anxious. I have managed to sleep 2 hours, but now I'm up again. Hmmm. I'm trying really hard to have compassion for myself. It's so easy to get angry at yourself or be hard on yourself, but I know this doesn't help anything. In fact, it only makes things worse. I'm just trying to be kind with myself. Anyway, I hope others managed a good sleep. Who knows, maybe I will get a few more hours...
  • Piqueaboo
    Piqueaboo Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options

Check-in: Wednesday, Nov. 18
    • C25K Week 9 Day 3 ✓
    • 2L of Water ✓
    • No alcohol ✓
    • Day 16 of not smoking

Trying to build habits and get moving again - I’m pleased that running is less of a struggle than I thought it would be, leaving the house is certainly the hardest part by far (!!!) but I have the winter running gear now so not many excuses to avoid it. I’m aiming for 10K, if I’m consistent with my training (I’m using the Zenlabs C210k app) I should run my first 10k on January 2nd (training is 3x per week for six weeks)

Food is the biggest challenge, I live in Paris so when they announced the second lockdown I went to Germany where my parents live, the main food groups in the house are bread, butter, and chocolate and I’ve been really bad at resisting! I have my own groceries now but boy can I say that it takes self-discipline that I have yet to reach… Baby steps.

I’m going to start 16/8 today and try to do it at least twice this week, I’ve always noticed a quick change if I do this plus drinking my 2-3 litres of water daily. The good thing is that because I’m removed from my normal environment I’m barely touching alcohol (once last week) and I stopped smoking, I hope that one will stick!

Good luck to everyone for this week 💪
  • Z10Rtza
    Z10Rtza Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    CHECK IN: Sunday, Nov. 15
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️ (Rest Day)
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking❌ (over)
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    SUN. 11/15: 1,194 (rest day and forgot to wear my watch)

Had a real battle with depression over the weekend and binged a lot. :(

Depression is a "Beach". I'm always with a sort of depression and when it kicks hard what it helps me is coloring books. Mandalas work the best but every kind of coloring helps.
    Watching comedy tv series also helps. And if you already have seen it, even better. I go back to friends, big bang theory, modern family... They don't need my attention and thy help.
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Megan is officially falling apart ....I am not sure if I have a sinus infection or a zit coming on but the pressure on the left side of my face is unbearable and its swollen ... I have had a headache since yesterday ... my foot and hips hurts real bad .......sorry for being so whiny but I do not do well with pain or being sick .......I hope everyone else is doing good .......going back to laying down ... I came over to my computer to pay bills and to check in with everyone

Whining sometimes helps love. I hope you are feeling better
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    WEEK 2 TOP STEPPERS ARE:
    1st- @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -172,326 steps
    2nd- @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 131,530 steps
    3rd- @Z1ORtza- 111,558 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES!!!! :)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1,047,688 STEPS.........GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!! :)

YUUUHUUUU I'm back !
  • Z10Rtza
    Options
    Hi hi. I haven't been able to read everything even if i would love to but I hope you are all doing your best!

I'm exhausted. Yesterday they decided that at the end they will give a surgery to my father in law and now he is in the hospital. Which makes us (my gf and I ) work a loooot.

Yesterday I had the interview about the course and they say they are taking me in. Is super good news, it means a lot, but t also means that I'm going to be extra tired and frustrated. Doing a course of something so difficult in a language that I'm only studding for a year... Like my mother says "Ole mis ovarios".I need to study math again. In my 36 and with memory issues IS GOING TO BE FUN!

My girlfriend is really happy with her Fitbit and I'm happy that is making her walk a bit more. I'm myself in my Samsung Health Challenges.

My steps on Monday 16 were 12.733 steps
    and yesterday 17 were 10.621 steps
    Today I will walk to my friends house so I will get also quite some steps.

I'm tired tired tired and still lot to do. But I will manage B)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    azkunk wrote: »
    @Tazaria87 - I’m sorry that your dad is feeling so bad. Can you push thanksgiving back a week? Give him a chance to get better and enjoy the holiday?

Honestly, I'm used to seeing my parents at least once a week anyway so missing the holiday isn't terrible. It's just fun for me to host a party and have everyone over =] Most of our holidays are gatherings at my parents house but Thanksgiving is the one I've gotten to host for the last 6 years now, since we bought our first house.
    Thanks for your thoughts about my dad. I still have high hopes he will be fine eventually, he's just having some rough symptoms.

I hope your dad is feeling a bit better today.

eaturpasta wrote: »
    eaturpasta wrote: »
    I am grateful for all the support. I am not sure if I can do this. I have been fighting this same weight since June. Just done.

Please don’t feel discouraged. I know it’s easier said than done especially when you are really putting in the effort. Rest assured you CAN do this. It may not be going the speed you want it to go but i promise you, if you are doing what you know needs to be done, you will make progress. I find that the closer I get to goal weight the harder and harder it is to get there. But totally possible!

@eaturpasta - don’t give up! Have you been weighing/measuring your portions and tracking everything? In not, focus on that this week. At the end of the day, it comes down to a calorie deficit and it’s so easy to overestimate. Don’t forget about oils, butter and sauces. They can really sneak a bunch of calories to your daily total. I feel that watching my macros has really helped me focus on my overall nutrition. Others have a lot of success with intermittent fasting. What are your biggest challenges?
    Don’t give up! We are here for you. One thing my dietitian tells me is compare my diary data on weeks that I lose weight to the weeks I gain. It can be very interesting to look at.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and thoughts. I wish I was at my goal weight..still 17 pounds away.

I have been weighing since I started. I do estimate some, but after weighing for over 9 months, I kinda know. But to be accurate, I should weigh more. Bring a mini scale to work? It's where I eat 2 meals a day.

I am not entirely done. Just discouraged. I read all of your posts, I am sorry I do not make time to respond and encourage you all as much as I should. Thank you all for your support. I will keep trying.

I know it is easier to not weigh but I have been weighing for almost 2 years. I am almost always off if I try to guess and then weigh the food. Do you pack your meals you eat at work? If you do measure it as you are packing it. Don’t worry that you don’t get to respond to posts. The fact you take time to read them all is awesome.

Nov 17th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 1 (goal of 3)

Steps- 8961

Just a quick one from me tonight. Feeling a little grotty. Might've overdone it at supper a little, because I'm used to much smaller portions but it was worth iiiiiiiiiit.

Managed a 5.1km walk, at a faster pace than last time. I actually really enjoyed it. there are some decent inclines so that gets my blood pumping.

Anyway, I have been super hydrated today, drunk SO MUCH WATER.

Sending love to everyone that is hurting right now- lots of pain physically and mentally. So lots of hugs and all that good stuff heading your way if you need it <3<3<3<3<3

Sounds like you enjoyed your sushi! Great job on getting faster. The water will help with the higher sodium in your sushi meal.
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    CW :185.6
    PW: 184.6
    SW: 187.2
    LTD: 1.6

Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 11,175 tracked
    Exercise back/biceps workout

Yesterday the kids were home again so I worked out later in the day. Even with my planning I have still been eating too much crap later in the day which I am sure lead to the 1 lb gain. I will keep trying! I would have thought it would be easier to lose without eating out as much as we used to, but no luck. Being home and less busy all the time works against me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps =4,087

I hope the chiropractor helps with your hips. Have you every had your hips checked out with a doctor. I am glad the yoga helped. I have heard good things about the yoga with Adrienne. I feel for both your daughter and you. It has to be so hard dealing with this pandemic as a frontline worker. My daughter is studying to be a nurse and I give thanks every day that she is not in the hospitals yet. Thank your daughter for being a healthcare hero!

Check-in: Tuesday Nov 17

• 30 active minutes - 119 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 1 L ✖️
    • 10,000 steps - 13,698 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Wonderful Wednesday Team!

I’m really struggling this week. I’m up 2 Lbs form Saturday due to my TOM and eating everything in sight. I’m usually like this for just 1 day but this month has been so bad. I hope I can manage to reel it in before my next weigh in and at least come in at maintenance.

I managed to wake up early this morning and go out for a long walk with doggo Jax. I ordered an artificial Christmas tree that arrived yesterday so I plan on setting that up to see how it looks. Fingers crossed it’s a good looking one as I am not planning to go out to purchase a real one. I’ve done so for the past 5 years but due to Covid I’m trying to not go out unless absolutely necessary.

No school for the littlest one today so won’t be getting in as many steps as school days. I plan on hitting my 10k tho. 🤞🏻

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.

When I read your ladies post about TOM it makes me happy to be in menopause. I can only imagine your frustration with the hormones causing you to eat. This will pass and you will be back to yourself. I wouldn’t worry about maintenance or even a gain. Just have compassion for yourself. Since my dietitian told me to do that it is much easier to deal with the binge eating.
    Check in for November 17th
    Tracking - yes (under)
    exercise - yes (walk)
    Steps-7163

I couldn't sleep, so I ended having a late walk in the evening. Unfortunately, it didn't help me as far as getting to sleep. For some reason, I feel nervous and anxious. I have managed to sleep 2 hours, but now I'm up again. Hmmm. I'm trying really hard to have compassion for myself. It's so easy to get angry at yourself or be hard on yourself, but I know this doesn't help anything. In fact, it only makes things worse. I'm just trying to be kind with myself. Anyway, I hope others managed a good sleep. Who knows, maybe I will get a few more hours...

Sorry you didn’t sleep well. Anxiety can make it hard to sleep. I am glad you are trying to have compassion for yourself. Ever since my dietitian told me to do this I feel better about the binge eating and dealing with the binges. I hope you got a few more hours if not have a nap today if it won’t effect your sleep tonight.

Piqueaboo wrote: »
    Check-in: Wednesday, Nov. 18
    • C25K Week 9 Day 3 ✓
    • 2L of Water ✓
    • No alcohol ✓
    • Day 16 of not smoking

Trying to build habits and get moving again - I’m pleased that running is less of a struggle than I thought it would be, leaving the house is certainly the hardest part by far (!!!) but I have the winter running gear now so not many excuses to avoid it. I’m aiming for 10K, if I’m consistent with my training (I’m using the Zenlabs C210k app) I should run my first 10k on January 2nd (training is 3x per week for six weeks)

Food is the biggest challenge, I live in Paris so when they announced the second lockdown I went to Germany where my parents live, the main food groups in the house are bread, butter, and chocolate and I’ve been really bad at resisting! I have my own groceries now but boy can I say that it takes self-discipline that I have yet to reach… Baby steps.

I’m going to start 16/8 today and try to do it at least twice this week, I’ve always noticed a quick change if I do this plus drinking my 2-3 litres of water daily. The good thing is that because I’m removed from my normal environment I’m barely touching alcohol (once last week) and I stopped smoking, I hope that one will stick!

Good luck to everyone for this week 💪

Congratulations on quitting smoking. With the food make small changes. Don’t try to stop everything at once. You just had a big move so don’t be hard on yourself if you slip.

Z10Rtza wrote: »
    Hi hi. I haven't been able to read everything even if i would love to but I hope you are all doing your best!

I'm exhausted. Yesterday they decided that at the end they will give a surgery to my father in law and now he is in the hospital. Which makes us (my gf and I ) work a loooot.

Yesterday I had the interview about the course and they say they are taking me in. Is super good news, it means a lot, but t also means that I'm going to be extra tired and frustrated. Doing a course of something so difficult in a language that I'm only studding for a year... Like my mother says "Ole mis ovarios".I need to study math again. In my 36 and with memory issues IS GOING TO BE FUN!

My girlfriend is really happy with her Fitbit and I'm happy that is making her walk a bit more. I'm myself in my Samsung Health Challenges.

My steps on Monday 16 were 12.733 steps
    and yesterday 17 were 10.621 steps
    Today I will walk to my friends house so I will get also quite some steps.

I'm tired tired tired and still lot to do. But I will manage B)

Congrats on your course. It will be hard but so worth it in the end.

azkunk wrote: »
    Steps =4,087

I have been a nurse for almost 30 years and I now work in hospital quality. In my current position, I have had a lot of insight into the bigger picture and how this is effecting not only patients but also the front line workers. I can’t imagine how hard this is for her being the first year as a nurse. I hope her hospital values the frontline staff and is doing things to promote their physical and mental well-being.

Thank you for bing a nurse! Nurses deserve so much credit.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    rlaskey2 wrote: »
    CW :185.6
    PW: 184.6
    SW: 187.2
    LTD: 1.6

Tracked Yes
    Under calories No
    Steps 11,175 tracked
    Exercise back/biceps workout

Yesterday the kids were home again so I worked out later in the day. Even with my planning I have still been eating too much crap later in the day which I am sure lead to the 1 lb gain. I will keep trying! I would have thought it would be easier to lose without eating out as much as we used to, but no luck. Being home and less busy all the time works against me.

Glad you are going to keep trying! I always imagine how much I would weigh if I didn’t try.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Monday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:❌
    Steps: 2,801
    DBF: 0
    Walk 3 times: 1/3 done

My breathing is a little better today. I will keep using the steroid puffer for a few days until things settle down. I have 2 doctors appointments today and both are by phone. One is with the family doctor and I will know more about my X-ray and ultrasound results. I am hoping to go for a walk today between appointments.

I lost my binge eating streak again. I was emotional and totally overwhelmed. The good thing is I am having longer streaks between binges. My last streak was 13 days and I reached 6 this time. I find I am starting do do some mindless eating so I am going to use strategies to stop that in its tracks. I will definitely be up on Friday. Last night caused a spike in my weight today and we will be having takeout with my daughter and her family on Thursday so that won’t help. The most important thing is I am finding it easier to have compassion for myself. I think that is the most important thing I got out of my dietitian appointment. That compassion is helping with my binge eating.

Have an awesome day!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
    5. Walk 3 times/week
This discussion has been closed.