Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your support, especially Mari, Linda and littleflutterby.
    I appreciate it!
    I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    It is a wintry day! We are under a snow squall watch and I am totally unprepared. I need to get some boots and a winter coat. I will be doing some shopping this weekend. I am not going to walk today as my breathing is not good. I am starting to feel down as it is one thing after the other. The good news is my weight is starting to drop from the weekend. I am crossing my fingers that I can pull off a small loss this week.

Well I am off to prep my veggies for tonight’s supper. It is new recipe night. I am making Spinach ravioli with sausage and mushrooms. I already tracked it and it is a bit high in calories but sounds like it will be delicious.

Have an awesome day!

i always struggle when winter hits. Not only does the cold gloomy weather get me down my my joints all start to complain. Hope you can find some cute boots and matching coat. Show us what you find. I love shopping for clothes ! What’s causing your breathing issues? Are you asthmatic? Great job tracking your meals ahead of time. 👍🏻

eaturpasta wrote: »

I am grateful for all the support. I am not sure if I can do this. I have been fighting this same weight since June. Just done.

Please don’t feel discouraged. I know it’s easier said than done especially when you are really putting in the effort. Rest assured you CAN do this. It may not be going the speed you want it to go but i promise you, if you are doing what you know needs to be done, you will make progress. I find that the closer I get to goal weight the harder and harder it is to get there. But totally possible!
    azkunk wrote: »
    For my American friends celebrating Thanksgiving next week and everyone looking forward to celebrating Christmas. Here is an article from my health coach with some strategies to get through the holiday. I thought it would be the same old advice but this actually is realistic. Let me know if you can’t see and I will ask permission to copy and paste or summarize the strategies.

https://med3fitness.com/2020/11/nutrition-for-the-holidays/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nutrition-for-the-holidays

Thanks for sharing. I will go have a look at it straight away!
    Morning All .......Thanks for the get better soon messages ..greatly appreciated ... I feel the same ...will be doing nothing once again ....I will be going to my Dr. appt. tomorrow to get the skin tag removed off my lower back and to get the bone density test results ....no other news from me ... off to do the steps

Hugs to you Megan ❤️

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »
    Thank you so much for your support, especially Mari, Linda and littleflutterby.
    I appreciate it!
    I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Anytime and with pleasure ❤️ I know I do so much better when I have a good support team behind me. It especially helps seeing that others have my same struggles and concerns and we can actually advise each other on what helped overcome some obstacles. Glad we can be here for you and that you can also be here for us.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,296 Member
    Options
    It is a wintry day! We are under a snow squall watch and I am totally unprepared. I need to get some boots and a winter coat. I will be doing some shopping this weekend. I am not going to walk today as my breathing is not good. I am starting to feel down as it is one thing after the other. The good news is my weight is starting to drop from the weekend. I am crossing my fingers that I can pull off a small loss this week.

Well I am off to prep my veggies for tonight’s supper. It is new recipe night. I am making Spinach ravioli with sausage and mushrooms. I already tracked it and it is a bit high in calories but sounds like it will be delicious.

Have an awesome day!

i always struggle when winter hits. Not only does the cold gloomy weather get me down my my joints all start to complain. Hope you can find some cute boots and matching coat. Show us what you find. I love shopping for clothes ! What’s causing your breathing issues? Are you asthmatic? Great job tracking your meals ahead of time. 👍🏻

I am grateful for all the support. I am not sure if I can do this. I have been fighting this same weight since June. Just done.

Please don’t feel discouraged. I know it’s easier said than done especially when you are really putting in the effort. Rest assured you CAN do this. It may not be going the speed you want it to go but i promise you, if you are doing what you know needs to be done, you will make progress. I find that the closer I get to goal weight the harder and harder it is to get there. But totally possible!
    For my American friends celebrating Thanksgiving next week and everyone looking forward to celebrating Christmas. Here is an article from my health coach with some strategies to get through the holiday. I thought it would be the same old advice but this actually is realistic. Let me know if you can’t see and I will ask permission to copy and paste or summarize the strategies.

https://med3fitness.com/2020/11/nutrition-for-the-holidays/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=nutrition-for-the-holidays

Thanks for sharing. I will go have a look at it straight away!
    Morning All .......Thanks for the get better soon messages ..greatly appreciated ... I feel the same ...will be doing nothing once again ....I will be going to my Dr. appt. tomorrow to get the skin tag removed off my lower back and to get the bone density test results ....no other news from me ... off to do the steps

Hugs to you Megan ❤️

Thanks Mari ....hugs back to you :smile:
  • GottaDUMPmyRUMP
    GottaDUMPmyRUMP Posts: 270 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    CHECK IN: Monday, Nov. 16
    🏃🏻‍♀️ Exercise ✔️
    💦 Water ✔️
    🍽 Calories /Tracking ❌ way over
    😴 Sleep ✔️

STEPS
    MON. 11/16: 17,400 (kickboxing) + 6,953 = 24,353

• 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Steps:
    11/13 15,583
    11/14 7,188
    11/15 4,518
    11/16 7,992
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Want to send some prayers and wishes for healing to those who are having some set backs with their injury, pain or recent diagnosis, @Megan_smartiepants1970 (hips and foot pain) @lindamtuck2018 @lelbarou @Tazaria87 (your parents) @lcfa5317 @Bluetail6 (to a better day!) @mari_moulin (continued healing) @rlaskey2 (to a better day for us today).

I hopeful haven't overlooked anyone here. I try to read each an every post even if I don't always respond, I read them. I am thankful for the support here from all of you.

Have a great Tuesday :)<3

z90racwwquju.jpeg

Thank you so much @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE :)
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - hang in there, maybe your doctor can evaluate you for a sinus infection while you are there

@eaturpasta - don’t give up! Have you been weighing/measuring your portions and tracking everything? In not, focus on that this week. At the end of the day, it comes down to a calorie deficit and it’s so easy to overestimate. Don’t forget about oils, butter and sauces. They can really sneak a bunch of calories to your daily total. I feel that watching my macros has really helped me focus on my overall nutrition. Others have a lot of success with intermittent fasting. What are your biggest challenges?

@lindamtuck - good decision not to walk today. Cold brisk air irritates my airway when my asthma flares, so it’s best that you stay inside where it’s warm.

@rlaskey2 - today is a new day, make a plan for the evening so that you don’t get derailed tonight

@littleflutterby - great loss this week and the past 3 weeks! Try try not to get obsessed with the scale. The numbers will slow down as you lose more. A 3.8 weight loss is over 1% which is likely a good target. Enjoy your sushi tonight.

@mari_moulin - it must feel good to get the staples out and the bandage off

@lelbarou - I’m sorry to hear about the struggles with your thyroid. I hope you get some answers with this biopsy

@Bluetail6 - that sucks about your FB. They used to completely replace trackers and not just give 50%off. But it sounds like you need to look for a new device. Have you looked into Garmin? What about a Samsung smart watch?

@lcfa5317 - sorry that you hips are hurting, yoga sounds like a good backup to walking
  • TracyKlaft1
    TracyKlaft1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    TracyKlaft1
    Weigh in day Tuesday
    PW 166
    CW 164.5
    LTD 3.5

So sorry about last week. Our family has been going through a lot but I'm going to try hard to get back on track. Hope everyone has a great week! :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    11/16 check in
    drank water...yes!
    5024 steps plus bike for 30 min
    Close rings... yes

November Goals
    LTG 155.0
    Lose 1lb/week
    Drink 90 ounces of water daily
    7,500 steps/day
    Close rings every day this month

Eaturpasta
    Weigh in Day: Tuesday
    PW:172.4
    CW:172.8 I don't even know what to say. Wrong direction. I keep loosing and gaining the same 3 pounds month after month. So discouraged.
    SW 197.0
    LTD(loss to date) 24.2

Don’t give up! We are here for you. One thing my dietitian tells me is compare my diary data on weeks that I lose weight to the weeks I gain. It can be very interesting to look at.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,530 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin
    Yes, I am asthmatic. I love tracking my meals ahead of time. All I have to do is update the the actual serving size when I weigh my portions.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    Thanks for your prayers! Hang in there. Sometimes it is hard to worry about calories when struggling. I hope things start looking up for you.

@TracyKlaft1
    Nice loss! I hope things start getting better for your family.

I hope I didn’t miss anyone’s post. I don’t know if it is the app or the iPad I am on but it is having a hard time loading or quoting posts.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 16
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 11414
    Exercise 30 min walking video

I decided to do a little shorter of a walking video cuz I was getting lots of steps just cleaning my house. I don't know why but I've kinda gone on a cleaning frenzy this week. I washed and folder 2 loads of clothes and a load of towels, stripped all the beds and cleaned everyone's bedding, did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, organized my son's disaster of a room, pulled all the clothes out that no longer fit me and put them in a pile to donate, organized the pantry, and cleaned off my dresser. I've been cleaning this morning too. Maybe I'm wishing it was spring haha.

Last night my mom called an ambulance for my dad cuz he couldn't get out of his chair and he threw up all day. They checked him over, wrote him a couple prescriptions for nausea meds and sent him back home. She says he's not much better today but here's to hoping the meds help.

I'm starting to question if we are even going to get together for Thanksgiving. I guess we will see what happens in the next week.
  • azkunk
    azkunk Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    @Tazaria87 - I’m sorry that your dad is feeling so bad. Can you push thanksgiving back a week? Give him a chance to get better and enjoy the holiday?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    WEEK 2 TOP STEPPERS ARE:
    1st- @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE -172,326 steps
    2nd- @Megan_smartiepants1970 - 131,530 steps
    3rd- @Z1ORtza- 111,558 steps
    CONGRATS LADIES!!!! :)
    AS A GROUP WE WALKED 1,047,688 STEPS.........GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!! :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    It is that time again to recognize our team members who pledged a daily step count 2nd week of November....
    @lindamtuck2018 (over 4500) 2 days in a row
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 (over 20,000) 5 days in a row
    @Azkunk (over 8500) 4 days in a row
    @Tazaria87 (over 9000) 4 days in a row
    @Z1ORtza (over 8000) 4 days in a row
    @888Angie888 (over 15,000) 1 day
    @iHUSTLE4MUSCLE (over 10,000) 7 days in a row
    @Eaturpasta (over 7500) 3 days in a row
    @Bluetail6 (over 6000) 3 days in a row
    @363days (over 10,000) 1 day
    @littleflutterby (over 4000) 3 days in a row
    @mari_moulin (over 10,000) 7 days in a row
    AWESOME JOB LADIES ......CONGRATS !!!! :)
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Tazaria87 - I’m sorry that your dad is feeling so bad. Can you push thanksgiving back a week? Give him a chance to get better and enjoy the holiday?

Honestly, I'm used to seeing my parents at least once a week anyway so missing the holiday isn't terrible. It's just fun for me to host a party and have everyone over =] Most of our holidays are gatherings at my parents house but Thanksgiving is the one I've gotten to host for the last 6 years now, since we bought our first house.
    Thanks for your thoughts about my dad. I still have high hopes he will be fine eventually, he's just having some rough symptoms.
  • eaturpasta
    eaturpasta Posts: 84 Member
    Options

@eaturpasta - don’t give up! Have you been weighing/measuring your portions and tracking everything? In not, focus on that this week. At the end of the day, it comes down to a calorie deficit and it’s so easy to overestimate. Don’t forget about oils, butter and sauces. They can really sneak a bunch of calories to your daily total. I feel that watching my macros has really helped me focus on my overall nutrition. Others have a lot of success with intermittent fasting. What are your biggest challenges?
    Don’t give up! We are here for you. One thing my dietitian tells me is compare my diary data on weeks that I lose weight to the weeks I gain. It can be very interesting to look at.

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and thoughts. I wish I was at my goal weight..still 17 pounds away.

I have been weighing since I started. I do estimate some, but after weighing for over 9 months, I kinda know. But to be accurate, I should weigh more. Bring a mini scale to work? It's where I eat 2 meals a day.

I am not entirely done. Just discouraged. I read all of your posts, I am sorry I do not make time to respond and encourage you all as much as I should. Thank you all for your support. I will keep trying.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @lcfa5317
    Sorry about your hips. Pain is really difficult to deal with whether it's physical or emotional. I hope your chiropractor can help you. I wonder if you have arthritis. I'm entering a program called GLAD which helps people with hip and knee arthritis. Maybe you have heard of it?

@littleflutterby
    Sorry to hear about he cavities and the monthly bill (so to speak). I hope you will have some time to relax on your upcoming days off. I didn't walk today either. I think it's supposed to be pretty cold tomorrow morning and better in the afternoon, but it's always better to get exercise done early if you can.

@Bluetail6
    That's unfortunate about he fitbit situation. We can get used to things and then when it's not there, we can feel pretty let down or upset. It's especially irritating when people tell you one thing and then change the story on you. I hope everything gets resolved.

@mari_moulin
    That's great news that you are healing so well and the bandages are nearly off. Sounds like you are on your way and can get back to your normal routine soon. Of course, it's smart and necessary to take it easy until you fully heal, but it's super progress. Happy to hear it!

@lindamtuck2018
    Sorry to hear about your asthma. I have had breathing issues in the past and it's really difficult. Turns out is more of a sinus problem. It's so hard too when it gets colder. I think I might buy a stationary bike. Did you consider that? They have some that foldaway, but regardless it takes up space. Anyway, I hope your breathing improves. Do you have a hepa and a humdifier? Maybe that can help?

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    I'm really sorry to hear that there is not improvement so far today. I hope that you can get a good rest tonight and find some answers in the bone density tests you have done.

@euturpasta
    It must be frustrating to gain and lose the same pounds. You have been able to come this far, so you can make it. If you stick with it, I'm sure you will achieve your goal.

I hope everyone has a restful night!

• littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nov 17th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 1 (goal of 3)

Steps- 8961

Just a quick one from me tonight. Feeling a little grotty. Might've overdone it at supper a little, because I'm used to much smaller portions but it was worth iiiiiiiiiit.

Managed a 5.1km walk, at a faster pace than last time. I actually really enjoyed it. there are some decent inclines so that gets my blood pumping.

Anyway, I have been super hydrated today, drunk SO MUCH WATER.

Sending love to everyone that is hurting right now- lots of pain physically and mentally. So lots of hugs and all that good stuff heading your way if you need it <3<3<3<3<3
This discussion has been closed.