Downsizers - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,276 Member
    Options
    Bluetail6 wrote: »
    @azkunk
    I haven't looked into a Garmin. This is my third Fitbit, and I have never had a significant problem till now. I'm not counting my FB that conked out after 3+ years. I've ordered a cheapy, $37, with discount coupon. It should be compatible with my Samsung phone, and work till I figure something out.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Thank you for the step recognition. I will be exercising in minutes till my cheapy interim watch gets here. By the way, have you ever tried vanilla powder? I haven't, but I was thinking about ordering some till I saw the price, lol.

@lelbarou
    You are absolutely right about getting used to something, and expecting it to work. And, yes, it was frustrating to get conflicting information from two techs. I have ordered a cheapy replacement for the time being.

@Bluetail6 if you give me what kind of exercise and how many minutes I can convert them to steps with a converter chart .....I bought 2 big canisters of protein powder from Amazon ... Level's grass fed protein powder .. one is Chocolate mocha and the other is vanilla bean
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Daily Post November 19
    Tracked Yes
    Under Calorie Yes
    Water 128oz
    Steps 9064
    Exercise 60min walk pushing stroller

Got outside for a walk again!
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    lelbarou wrote: »

Thank you. This really helped me feel better. I'm trying to get back on the horse this weekend through Thanksgiving morning at least.

Hustle, I'm so happy this quote was helpful! Wishing you great success!
    😀💜
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,528 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Things have been really crazy the last few days and it was at its peak today. I am trying to deal with the stress by not self medicating with food. It has been a bust the last few days. Sorry I haven’t been active today but I will try and pop on tomorrow morning and read everyone’s post. Keep on fighting my beautiful teammates! ❤️❤️❤️
  • lcfa5317
    lcfa5317 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thursday, Nov. 19 steps = 5, 543
    Friday, Nov. 20 steps = 9,254
    I walked a lot today because my son had his wisdom teeth out and I waited on him. Got him gauze, made him soup, took his medicine to him, made sure he drank some liquids . . .
    My hips aren't perfect, but they're better.
    A friend told me to get a standing desk. I'm going to do that because I never used to sit this much, but now since I am working from home I'm always sitting.
    I don't know if I submitted my steps on Wednesday . . .
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,881 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    I will be happy to do that!! I will post my minutes later this evening :smile:
  • littleflutterby
    littleflutterby Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Nov 19th Check in

* Track food ✅
    * Stay under calorie goal ✅
    * Not restrict ✅
    * Drink 2L water minimum ✅
    Walks this week- 1 (goal of 3)

Steps- 11,670

OH BOY What a day. Work today was just bouncing. Honestly, it barely stopped. We get a big weekly delivery once a week and a food delivery once every 2 days. For the first time ever, they both decided to deliver to us before we closed -_-. which meant our back room was just crazy stuffed with things. Very frustrating because I barely get myself through to the fire door to get the garbage out. Thank goodness for being 20+ lb down because i slid through there eventually, but what an evening! I'm grateful I only close once a week. AND I'm off tomorrow

On the plus side- I got hella steps in today, woohoo!

Honestly though, with the stress of today, I wanted to eat like crazy tonight! What my wife and I used to do was to grab A+W or Wendys on the way home and I would eat probably about 1500 calories at least. But, I stuck with it, white-knuckled it, because I really didn't want to do undo all of my hard work from the last month or so. But if there was ever a time I was as close as anything to a relapse, tonight was it.

Also- I have decided, now that I have all the wires and stuff for my wii fit/ games, I am going to switch from just walks to general exercising. The condition I am putting on myself is a minimum 30 minute work out- on whatever I am doing, and up it to 4 times a week, after this weekend. With the weather turning very soon, I want to put that plan into action asap :)
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Hi all!

Hope you are doing well!

First of all, I would like to thank @lindamtuck2018 @mari_moulin and @azkunk for the kind words and motivation from last week. It really meant something to me, thank you!

I was a really bad week, went overboard and felt awful because of that.

Shifting focus away from bad things onto positive things, this week even though I failed the weekly objective, I managed to lost some weight and got back on track!

pyzcia90ys06.png

j193k9wjyr2o.png

Back to below 80, which is awesome!

Thank you again for your support! Let's crush this together! :D

Username: TASCascalho
    Weigh In Day: Friday
    PW (Previous Weight): 176.5 lbs (80.1 Kg)
    CW (Current Weight): 174.6 lbs (79.2 Kg)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 25.3 lbs (11.4 Kg)

That's wonderful, great work!!
    lelbarou wrote: »
    @shortyjmorgan1
    I love, love, love your hippo pics. Never realize how cute hippos are. I totally get you! LOL
    Thanks for sharing and giving us something to smile about!

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE

at8aa5bz5byx.png

First of all- hippos are the best, I love them so much!

And I also love this quote! :)
  • littleflutterby
    Options
    Hi all! Things have been really crazy the last few days and it was at its peak today. I am trying to deal with the stress by not self medicating with food. It has been a bust the last few days. Sorry I haven’t been active today but I will try and pop on tomorrow morning and read everyone’s post. Keep on fighting my beautiful teammates! ❤️❤️❤️

Stress not my love. Focus on you, and the real life stuff. We will still be here, egging you on through the interwebs!

Please please look after yourself, take the day in chunks. You got this! <3<3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,276 Member
    Options
    lcfa5317 wrote: »
    Thursday, Nov. 19 steps = 5, 543
    Friday, Nov. 20 steps = 9,254
    I walked a lot today because my son had his wisdom teeth out and I waited on him. Got him gauze, made him soup, took his medicine to him, made sure he drank some liquids . . .
    My hips aren't perfect, but they're better.
    A friend told me to get a standing desk. I'm going to do that because I never used to sit this much, but now since I am working from home I'm always sitting.
    I don't know if I submitted my steps on Wednesday . . .

I am missing steps on 11/15 and 11/18
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Here are my exercise minutes.

11/20:
    46 mins
  • Bluetail6
    Options
    Check In:

11/20:
    Ex. Minutes: Yes, 46 mins
    Calories: Yes
    Water: Yes
    Sleep: No
    Eating Time: Yes
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Tazaria87
    It’s so nice the walk makes you feel better. Exercise is a natural antidepressant! I know for myself my mood was better when I was walking daily. Keep fighting those cravings. Great day!

@rlaskey2
    How did those egg rolls turn out?

@mari_moulin
    I think this week has been a bad week for weight loss for a lot of us. We can turn this around next week. A new week is a fresh start.

@shortyjmorgan1
    Thanks for the picture as I needed a smile. 😊

@888Angie888
    Awesome loss! You are going to crush the 240’s.

@azkunk
    I am glad you are increasing your calories. Be patient about the 1 pound loss per week. That 1 pound is 52 pounds in a year.

@littleflutterby
    Self care is an important part of the weight loss journey. I am so glad you avoided a relapse. You are so strong.

@Bluetail6
    Amazing loss! You have a great sense of humour!

@lelbarou
    Rest that foot for a few days! I have brooks which is the best pair of sneakers I ever owned. I love the quotes you posted.

@iHUSTLE4MUSCLE
    I think some that gain is water weight. To gain that much you would have to eat 26,600 calories over maintenance for the week. That works out to 3,800 calories over your maintenance calories each day. Also, don’t forget to have compassion for yourself. You are having a rough time lately. You still have 1 week in November to do damage control. You have been meeting your goals for a few days so keep that momentum going.

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Overall, you are doing awesome. Get back to honest tracking and you will start that losing streak again.

@TASCascalho
    Nice loss! Great job on getting back on track.

@363days
    Well done!

@lcfa5317
    I am glad your hips are improving. Do you think the yoga helped?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Thursday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ✅
    Sleep:❌
    Steps: 6,382
    DBF: 0
    Walk: no

Friday’s check in
    Calories: over
    Water: ❌
    Sleep: ❌
    Steps: 4,875
    DBF: 0
    Walk: no

PW 207.4
    CW 210.4

I am not shocked at my weight gain. I have been self medicating with food. I was over calories everyday but 2. This week I am going to work on the binge eating and getting those walks in. Binge eating is related to my mood and stress level. So I am also working on those things too!

Hope you are having a great weekend!

Weekly goals
    1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Drink 70 ounces of water
    3. Sleep 7.5 hours daily
    4. No binge eating/late night snacking
    5. Walk 15 minutes every day
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    q8wi4ny5u08z.jpeg
  • cesse47
    cesse47 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    User: cesse47
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday

Previous weight: 298.2
    Current weight: 294.8

STEPS -- 3000 each day this past week

Keepin' fingers crossed that I'm back in the groove!! Staying at keeping it basic: weigh/measure, meal planning, drink water (need more work here), cooking at home vs eating out, etc. This next week going to try to incorporate my daily exercise routines back into my days ... may be light compared to others but I find they help keep me more limber and more steady on my feet (more stable).

Have a great week y'all :)
  • rlaskey2
    rlaskey2 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Tracked No
    Under calories No
    Steps 22114 tracked
    Exercise walking

Yesterday I didn’t track all day. My husband had the day off so went went into the city and walked and had lunch. We wore our masks the whole time and it was good to be out in the nice weather. I had a salad with salmon for lunch.

I got a call from a friends husband who drove my daughter home the other day that he tested positive for Covid. So now she needs to quarantine for 14 days, luckily we are 5 day into that already. I am bringing her to get tested Monday. That was the earliest we could find. She feels fine. I had pizza and some fried pickles for dinner. Stressful end to a good day but oh well she is great so I am not too worried.
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Weekly Weigh-in:

Username: mari_moulin
    Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    Weigh-in Week: 3
    Previous Weight: 188.2
    Today’s Weight: 191.8🔺
    LTD: 147 Lbs 🔻

Check-in: Thursday Nov 19

• 30 active minutes - 113 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 1.5 ✖️
    • 10,000 steps - 15,783 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Check-in: Friday Nov 20

• 30 active minutes - 133 min ✔️
    • Water 2L - 2L ✔️
    • 10,000 steps - 15,282 ✔️
    • no carbs for dinner - fail ✖️

Happy Saturday Team!

Well it was a bad week. I didn’t check in yesterday and won’t be able to catch up with
    All the posts. I haven’t been at the top of my game. I will get myself back on track this week. I have my sons birthday tomorrow but I plan on starting back up on IF. Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. I’m here for you all and will do better keeping up with your posts.

November goals:

•Achieve at least 30 active minutes daily.
    •Drink at least 2L water daily.
    •Reach at least 10,000 steps daily.
    •No Carbs for dinner.
  • lelbarou
    lelbarou Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Check in for Nov. 20
    Exercise - no (decided to rest the foot)
    Tracking- yes (under)
    Steps - 5267 (guess I still got some steps because I walked to the park)

Hi All,
    Hope you have a good day today!
    I went to the park yesterday and just sat in the sun! Might the last time I can do that.
    The weather is changing. Snow and rain is coming. Boohoo!
    Something reminded me of my mother yesterday, and I just cried and cried.
    She died a while back from cancer.
    But later, I was laughing and okay. I really have my ups and downs! LOL

This discussion has been closed.