Mission Slimpossible - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @AustinRuadhain Thanks, I'm sure I will. Journaling always seems to be a worthwhile task. I love the graphic you posted, it speaks to me, too.

@buniphuphu Thanks for the idea of listening to an audiobook. Often, I listen to Headspace's sleepcasts, which are kind of stories told in gentle voices, but I may try listening to a book I've already listened to.

@TwistedSassette I agree! I'm glad you enjoyed your day yesterday, it sounds like fun. Congrats on the loss!!! <3

@TeresaW1020 I love Monte Cristos. I never thought to not have the bread. What a fantastic weigh-in, congrats!!!

@Cornanda Thank you for the recipe, it looks great!

Hi all. I tried sleeping with my weighted blanket on last night. I don't know that it helped, maybe it did. I was hoping it would help with my anxiety that wakes me up every 30 minutes to an hour for the first 4-5 hours of sleep. Tonight, I'm going to try spraying my pillow with lavender, the weighted blanket, and listening to a sleepcast (Headspace).

Thursday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 50% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 40% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 5 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - meditate for at least 5 minutes a day
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Quick check in. The last two weeks have been really busy and I haven't been able to check in and keep in touch much. Will try to catch up this afternoon. Hope everyone has an awesome Friday!!!
  • buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @GabiV125 I order dry tart cherries online from Payson Fruit Growers. They are based in Utah. I've ordered from them for years. They sell bulk, bagged, with added sugar, without added sugar, chocolate, yogurt, organic, and juice. I like getting the 100 - 1oz. bags because then I don't have to weigh them out.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    Options
    @davors19 - Congratulation on staying steady this week! And LTD 40 -- WOW, that's great! 😀

@TeresaW1020 @davidji82 @adhmrh
    Wow!What great weigh-ins! I am so happy for you! 🥳 🎉

@TeresaW1020
    You are right about the crazy times. They got to me yesterday. Today is a new day.

@Cornanda
    Oooh, this is such a lovely dish! And how smart to have something set up as a Thanksgiving pie substitute! :heart:

🦃 I make a similar dish on a regular basis and had not thought about it for Thanksgiving -- great idea!

🍎 In case anyone else is interested, here's a no-sweetener variation: I dice some turnip and apple and some sweet fall vegetables (butternut squash, acorn squash, parsnip -- whatever's available) and steam in the microwave oven (just put in a covered dish). I sometimes add a handful of frozen cranberries to the mix. Then at the end, I add a splash of cashew milk and some spices, usually just cinnamon.

@GabiV125
    This story made me smile so much: "the tree accounts for 10% of my husband’s decision to propose." That's a well-appreciated tree. I love it! :heart:
    🍒 Tart cherries have shown up in the frozen fruit section of our grocery store. So if you are on a hunt, you might try there? I know grocery stores vary wildly, but it might be worth a peek.

@SammyDee2015
    You are so right about the importance of choosing what to think about! I chose poorly part of yesterday and aiming to do better today! 🤗
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @GabiV125
    "the tree accounts for 10% of my husband’s decision to propose." This cracked me up!

@TeresaW1020- Whooo hoo on the weigh in!

@trooworld - your self sabotage post really spoke to me. I see myself in the parts of the article you quoted. I, too have lost and then regained. I was glad to see that you are not beating yourself up, but instead searching for answers. I wish I had something wise to say to you, but I don't. Just know that there are others who understand and share in the struggle. <3
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    Friday check-in
    Exercise- stretching, abs, arm cardio
    Calories- under

Not much new here, not doing too hot so I'm back on steroids. It'll take a few days to kick in.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @Cornanda
    I am so glad you are journaling, and so glad you are working away to find what works for you.

Your plan -- focus on sleep and breaking down success into smaller increments -- sounds brilliant.

I am overwhelmed by the amount of weight I have to lose, often I feel like I will never be able to succeed and will die obese.
    I have so been in this place that you describe. I was afraid I was going to die in bed, unable to walk.

I salute your energy and determination.

3c8xo05gotsu.jpg
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Love that article and I’m so glad that you wrote down your thoughts and shared them with us. Returning back to the familiar when we get stressed and overwhelmed by how big our tasks or goals can be are definitely two biggies. Sleep is vital! I hope that you can find what will work for you so you can get the much-needed rest that you require. Lack of sleep will raise your cortisol and that is a whole issue in itself. And yes, to focusing smaller on your weight loss and staying consistent. When I joined WW in January 2018 weighing 264 lbs., which was the highest recorded weight that I had ever been, I was overwhelmed by how much I had to lose. But I made one vow and that was to NEVER give up. I would tweak my plan and sometimes I changed it altogether. You have seen me do that a time or two. ;) But I wouldn’t give up on the goal. I focused small and kept plugging along. It’s been almost three years to lose 72 lbs and I have more to go. I could look at others and how quickly they have lost their weight or get down on myself for “falling off the wagon” time after time, but that wouldn’t help me, and it won’t help you. You just keep plugging along and you will get there!! <3

@adhmrh Great weigh-in this week!! These are busy times we are in so don’t stress and just pop in when you can. <3

@buniphuphu Ohhh I now want some dark chocolate covered tart cherries!! I’ve heard that cherries are great for helping you sleep. :)

@Cornanda Nice weight loss this week!! :grin:

Hi Team! Today was another busy one. For some reason, my workload has suddenly piled up with things to do, which has a lot to do with the season we are in. Today, I spent time creating a much-needed to-do list on one piece of paper and not a dozen post-its for work and my home life that was cluttering my desk. I feel like I can breathe better. ;) Hubby and I also went up to our local nursery and bought a bunch of plants that will be planted in our backyard on Monday. We have been wanting to spruce up since we moved in and next spring it’s going to be so pretty and super low maintenance, which was important to us. I also bought some new violas for some of my containers on the porch. Several died when the weather had turned so warm, so hopefully, these little beauties will thrive. I was super happy to have a good loss this week and for the first time, I really feel that I’ve found a plan through intermittent fasting and low-carb eating that works well for me both physically and emotionally. And as we all know that is so very important to have any kind of long-term sucess. :)

NEW YEAR CHALLENGE: 43 Days until January 1st
    1.Fast Clean: I fasted 20 hours today.
    2.Workout: Barre Blend cardio
    3.Eat on plan: I ate on plan today.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username:Trooworld
    Weigh in week: Week 3
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    Previous Weight: 226.6
    Todays Weight: 228.8
    Loss To Date: 19.2
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Cornanda Thank you very much. It's nice to hear that I am not alone in this. <3

@AustinRuadhain I think you meant me, that was my post. :) Thank you very much for your comments, support and graphic: you guys are really hitting the nail on the head with those! <3

@TeresaW1020 Thank you. Yeah, sleep is so important and I'm having such a hard time with it. I love that you keep tweaking your plan to fit your style, you are very inspirational. I will not give up, I promise you that! <3 On to your post: I find to-do lists very helpful and it is so motivating when I can check an item off the list. I'm glad you feel better about it. Good luck with the landscaping!

Hi all. I'm determined to have a better week this week, even with the holiday coming up. At least my HEART and MIND will be in the right place. I'm ready to try again.

Friday:
    Calories: over/under: over
    Water: over/under: under
    Exercise: walk
    - track 90% of food intake - 50% accomplished
    - drink 2 (26 oz) bottles of water a day - 50% accomplished
    - meditate for at least 5 minutes a day - not accomplished
    - meditate for at least 5 minutes a day
  • Firefly743
    Firefly743 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Firefly743
    ***Week 3 Weigh In***
    PW: 291.4
    CW: 291.6
  • adhmrh
    adhmrh Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone. I love a calm, sunny Saturday morning. I finally had time to sit and read all the posts. I love seeing how everyone is doing. It is great to see all the ideas, encouragement and motivation everyone shares.

@trooworld
    trooworld wrote: »

Something that spoke to me in this article was this:
    "When our brains are tired, we resort to old habits and ways of doing things, even if they don’t work well. We are drawn to go with the familiar, even when a different option offers a clear advantage."
    That is so true. Thanks for sharing the article and info. Self-sabotage is so defeating and can be hard to get under control. Recognizing it and having a plan is huge. Having your heart and mind in the right place is awesome!! You got this!!!

@TeresaW1020 Your plants/flowers sound beautiful. I'm terrible w/plants. Thank goodness my dad (who lives with us) has a "green thumb" or we would be in trouble. Good for you getting your "To Do" list done. Goodness I would be lost without Post It notes. I think I keep 3M in business. So glad you found the right mix of IF and low carb. Awesome weight loss. I have increased from 14 to 16-18 hrs. Also, I stop eating before 5pm on two days a week. This really helped last week.

@AustinRuadhain Love "How to Practice Compassion". I need to memorize this. Great recipe for apples/veggies. I must embrace the "No, thank you"!

@Katmary71 Sure hope the steroids kick in fast!!!

@Cornanda Congrats on a great weight loss!!! Thanks for the recipe!!

@TwistedSassette Super weigh in!!! Great info on sleep! I am really working on my "pre sleep" routine.

@leonadixon No apologies needed here!! Our bodies do weird things! Hang in there!!!

@buniphuphu Great idea about audible books! I'm going to give that a try!!

@SammyDee2015 So glad you were able to have a good nights sleep. Sure hope this continues!!

@davidji82 Awesome weigh in!!!

@digger61 Great weight loss!!!

This week my biggest goal is to try adding strength training to my workouts at least 3 times. I know I need to, I just have to get in gear and do it!!!

Wow, now to play some more catch up!
    Check in for Wednesday/Thursday/Friday

-log every bite of food: yes/yes/yes
    -6,000+ steps: yes/yes/yes
    -30 minutes of exercise: no/no/no
    -drink 96oz of water: yes/yes/no
    -spend time in Bible study and prayer: yes/yes/yes
    -no sugar: no/yes/no

I think my struggles are fairly apparent!! :smile: :smile: I know what I need to work on, so now I have to work on it!!!

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!!

• apple852hk
    apple852hk Posts: 210 Member
    Options

Weigh in Apple852hk
    Week 4 - Nov 2020 Sunday
    PW 136lbs (61.8kg)
    CW 135lbs (61.5kg)
    LTD about 45.8lbs (20.8kg)

Lost tiny amount. But my weight is yoyoing now.

Started the week eating a McDonald's meal so the day after didn't eat much to compensate.

Not much to update as I haven't been esting routinely.

Still eating lots of chocolate daily.

Still not drinking herbal rather than English tea.

GOALS:
    1. Instead of chocolate, read a page of a book
    2. Drink less tea, drink herbal

Have a good week ahead🥰

This discussion has been closed.