Weight No More - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    @melaniedscott I don't like black beans but never tried them baked into something. I usually use a box mix for the brownies, have considered using applesauce though.
    @trtyingagain5 your niece is precious. That is a great picture to show her in about 10 years!

I've heard that if you don't know they're in there, you can't taste them. Don't know if that's true.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    12100 steps and 1028 calories. I did meal prep yesterday. We made egg roll in a bowl. Veggies soup and southwestern turkey and veggies. So I am set for the week. Lol I have enough veggie soup to last a long time. I’m not sure I will do that large of a meal prep again. For one thing I usually take a roast and make 2 meals out of it. I also do this with the turkey roast. But I have work lunches for a few weeks.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    My great niece eating (wearing) her birthday cake.🥰

She is lovely. Happy birthday to her!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    A link to a recipe for black bean brownies: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/no-flour-black-bean-brownies/

I've made some of her other recipes and they've been good. She says you cannot tell they're made from beans. Also, gluten free...and vegan, if you use vegan chocolate chips.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    @melaniedscott I don't like black beans but never tried them baked into something. I usually use a box mix for the brownies, have considered using applesauce though.
    @trtyingagain5 your niece is precious. That is a great picture to show her in about 10 years!

I've heard that if you don't know they're in there, you can't taste them. Don't know if that's true.

I can confirm! I also like to mask their flavor with a little bit of peanut butter (I don't measure it, but it's definitely less than a full 2-tbsp serving) or half a tablespoon of cinnamon if I didn't rinse the canned beans well enough.
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    11/09 steps 8505
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    @melaniedscott thanks, I printed the recipe and will try them. I don't have a food processor so will try it with the blender
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Monday check in
    I had a good day yesterday, staying on plan with my eating and going for a long walk. The weather is unseasonably warm and it is really pretty outside with the changing leaves. My mother mailed a shipment of cookies, so I did sample one. I have put the rest aside for the kids and don’t plan on having more. We have a few more days of this nice weather, and I am going to do my best to get out and enjoy it!

@goingape - I am so sorry that you got that dump of snow. We experienced that last year at this time!

@KUMEcyclingteam - Love those meal prep photos!
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    Check in for Monday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-88 oz
    Exercise-30 min walk, PT, stretching and strength

Great day yesterday! I got my exercise in early. I got a ton done around the house and I food prepped like a few of you. I have lunch and dinner prepped for the week (and then some in freezer too). I also have grab and go breakfast options. I made great choices yesterday and also cut back on carbs. It is amazing how a good day and making a plan can really helps my attitude.

My visit to the orthopedic doctor went as well as can be expected. He said my pain is definitely from arthritis. He said he can get me through my 50s without surgery (I will be 55 in January) but he can't promise that in my 60s. Here is the good part, I have a plan! He said my core and legs are very weak. I need to strengthen them and it will help. He also said there are things that he can do to help, the cortisone shots and also they can shoot gel in there. He didn't mention my weight which I am glad but I know that losing weight will help too. I did get a cortisone shot yesterday while I was there. I wasn't going to because my pain is managed during the day with the ibuprofen. He did point out that I wasn't doing some of my PT exercises because of the pain and I wasn't sleeping well so I did take it. I had the best sleep I have had in over 2 weeks. I am just glad to have an answer and know what to expect from now on. I also like there are things I can do to help. I will see him again in January.

@tryingagain5 I agree with your trainer, just the idea that you tracked is a good thing. To be honest, you had more good days than bad so you should be proud. Glad that you knee is feeling better, hopefully with the little stretch off from work it continues to feel better. Yes, it does seem like a lot of us are struggling to get back on track. I agree, we know what to do, it is a matter of doing it. I am taking one day at a time and trying to make it better than the day before.
    @Cafelelia Be sure to share any new hygge info with us!
    @pacsnc6 I like the idea of freezing some cookies! I never thought of that!
    @melaniedscott Whoo hoo! You are doing great!!
    @jedaschultz I have been up and down too. We need to get back to onderland!
    @goingape I can't believe you already have snow! Sounds like you had a nice day planned. I hope you are feeling better
    @kandi3570 Thanks for sharing, I will have to look for those. I forget what store is great value-is it Walmart? Eggrolls in a bowl sounds delicious. Is it hard to make? Great job with the food prep too, it will make things easier even if it was a lot of work.
    @KUMEcyclingteam I thought we are supposed to see a doctor if it lasts more than a week :D
    Awesome job with the food prep once again! Looks delicious and absolutely more nutritious than processed food.
    @GingerPwr Great job getting your ab workout in even with being tired. One day at a time, you are doing awesome!
    @mainebeachbum Hope all is going well. I miss you checking in
    @melaniedscott Thanks for sharing, those brownies sound delicious!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options

I can confirm! I also like to mask their flavor with a little bit of peanut butter (I don't measure it, but it's definitely less than a full 2-tbsp serving) or half a tablespoon of cinnamon if I didn't rinse the canned beans well enough.

Pro tip!
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited November 2020
    Options
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    Check in for Monday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-88 oz
    Exercise-30 min walk, PT, stretching and strength

Great day yesterday! I got my exercise in early. I got a ton done around the house and I food prepped like a few of you. I have lunch and dinner prepped for the week (and then some in freezer too). I also have grab and go breakfast options. I made great choices yesterday and also cut back on carbs. It is amazing how a good day and making a plan can really helps my attitude.

My visit to the orthopedic doctor went as well as can be expected. He said my pain is definitely from arthritis. He said he can get me through my 50s without surgery (I will be 55 in January) but he can't promise that in my 60s. Here is the good part, I have a plan! He said my core and legs are very weak. I need to strengthen them and it will help. He also said there are things that he can do to help, the cortisone shots and also they can shoot gel in there. He didn't mention my weight which I am glad but I know that losing weight will help too. I did get a cortisone shot yesterday while I was there. I wasn't going to because my pain is managed during the day with the ibuprofen. He did point out that I wasn't doing some of my PT exercises because of the pain and I wasn't sleeping well so I did take it. I had the best sleep I have had in over 2 weeks. I am just glad to have an answer and know what to expect from now on. I also like there are things I can do to help. I will see him again in January.

He sounds like such a good doctor. I'm glad you have a plan. It's very reassuring. Plus you're a nurse, so that takes so much mystery out of things. I take ginger and turmeric capsules. I know that knees are a much, much bigger challenge. I think the ginger works the best to control inflammation for the arthritis in my feet.

If you flashed back fifteen years ago, would you believe that we're having this conversation? Last week, I broke another toe (on the opposite foot from the two I broke in the spring/early summer). I actually don't think I have osteoporosis but that it's the vertigo causing me to bash my feet into furniture. Either way, I sound old. I'm about a year and a half older than you.

A tip for reframing this is to think of it as a sporting injury. The sport is life.

Big hug to you.

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Monday check in
    I had a good day yesterday, staying on plan with my eating and going for a long walk. The weather is unseasonably warm and it is really pretty outside with the changing leaves. My mother mailed a shipment of cookies, so I did sample one. I have put the rest aside for the kids and don’t plan on having more. We have a few more days of this nice weather, and I am going to do my best to get out and enjoy it!

@goingape - I am so sorry that you got that dump of snow. We experienced that last year at this time!

@KUMEcyclingteam - Love those meal prep photos!

It's been so nice out! It's helping me talk myself into keeping up with outdoor activities no matter what the weather. I used to run all year long and a few years ago, I'd challenge myself to ride my bike at least once every month of the year. It's a good reminder that we have nice days in every month. Not as nice as this, but a sunny, mild day here and there. It's a good idea to keep an eye on the 14-day forecast and bookmark those sites with 'what to wear when it's x degrees outside.' It's great that you're keeping up with your hygge plans though. Please send any pro-tips my way. I'm thinking of decorating in more rooms for Christmas than usual and making sure to use the fireplace, even in the daytime to cheer myself up.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Happy Monday everyone! Back to what works for me, Monday Meal Prep day! I was really getting sideways here lately with all the extra hours at work, no playtime and that dang erection lasting a week! Processed "Easy" foods are not working for my insides, hell, it's been almost 400 days now without fast food crap! We all know what we can and can't do to ourselves, it's just a matter of following thru!
    Anyway, for the next 4 days I'll be eating some sweet and sour rice topped with crushed pineapple, oriental veggies and braised Deer tenderloin sautéed in sweet Thai chili Sause!

You know you want some of this!!

Kick *kitten* this week team and follow thru with me!!
    (and wear your mask!)

That looks awesome, Bob @KUMEcyclingteam . Am I going to be the first to congratulate you on your 'typo' joke? You're too funny for MFP. I was duly appalled!
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @podperson1 sure you can send me the link for the zumba. Never know when I might feel like dancing 😀
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    The weather was so nice yesterday that I met a friend to go walking right after work. Then I went grocery shopping on my way home!

Lesson #1 - never shop hungry!!!!! Haven’t I learned that by now???

When my son was still living with me he loved when I shopped hungry because I always came home with interesting food!! It’s like I’m so hungry that I can’t make up my mind and I end up buying too much. Then I get home and can’t decide which to eat so I try a little (or a lot) of everything!!!

I do that too. Not often. These days I try to be chaotic with healthy things, so I'll grab Skinny Pop and cauliflower pizza. I figure if I go overboard, it's controlled chaos.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    @pacsnc6
    Thanks! We all think she's pretty adorable! Never thought about showing her that picture in 10 years, that's a good idea!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @goingape
    It was close to 70 degrees here again today but will be down to the mid 40's again tomorrow. Some of us were talking and some remembered that last year at this time we had snow on the ground.

Have fun with your craft project. I don't have a creative bone in my body!🤣

You're right, we can do it! Keep on keeping on!
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    kandi3570 wrote: »
    I love these!! I just wanted to share. They curb my chocolate craving and only 12 grams of carbs.

They look great! However, I'd probably eat the whole bag in one sitting!😊
  • tryingagain5
    Options
    @sleepymom5

Glad you got an answer at the orthopedic appointment. Even though it doesn't fix the problem, just knowing what it is seems to help. Glad he was able to say he can get you through your 50's without surgery. That's the last thing I would want.

I would let your PT know about the pain with some of the exercises, maybe he can give you alternatives that don't cause pain. I know my PT want me to tell him if I have pain with anything.

Thanks, you and my trainer are right. Just starting to write things down seemed to help me get going again.
This discussion has been closed.