11/17 steps 3501
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    check in for Tuesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-just PT

I have such a busy day ahead so no time to see what you all have been up to! I will check in later or tomorrow. :)
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    Totally forgot to weigh before breakfast this am. I could...weight tomorrow or use yesterday's. I'm nit doing the math to subtract breakfast from my weight, though it would probably be close to yesterday's 206.7...
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Totally forgot to weigh before breakfast this am. I could...weight tomorrow or use yesterday's. I'm nit doing the math to subtract breakfast from my weight, though it would probably be close to yesterday's 206.7...

Entirely up to you. You can even wait until you see your weight tomorrow morning to decide.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hello team and happy Wednesday. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe! My son Max and Grandpuppy Sunny are coming in town next Tuesday and I feel guilty because I’m so excited to see Sunny😀. Not that I’m not looking forward to seeing Max too (lol) but I’m thinking of all the little things I want to have ready for him when he gets here!! I guess I’ll get a few groceries for Max too!!!
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Tuesday check in
    I did IF yesterday and stayed on plan after that. I am still pondering on whether I will do the 5 km or not. Will see how it goes after the weekend. Omg, it is so cold here. I am just not ready for it after the glorious weather we had last week. So more hygge for me! I inserted a photo below of our dining nook, which I tried to make more hyggelig with the fur, candles & lighting. We still have the Thanksgiving gourds out! The fur throws were inexpensive and are completely washable too, which was such a find!

@lennoncpa - I cannot wait for more Sunny photos! And of course, welcome home to your son as well!

lqic559mve4d.jpeg
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    z1eqxdmorpou.jpeg

I’ve got my race bib ready to go 😀 🏃‍♀️

I love it!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    Hello team and happy Wednesday. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe! My son Max and Grandpuppy Sunny are coming in town next Tuesday and I feel guilty because I’m so excited to see Sunny😀. Not that I’m not looking forward to seeing Max too (lol) but I’m thinking of all the little things I want to have ready for him when he gets here!! I guess I’ll get a few groceries for Max too!!!

This cracked me up, Sheryl.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Tuesday check in
    I did IF yesterday and stayed on plan after that. I am still pondering on whether I will do the 5 km or not. Will see how it goes after the weekend. Omg, it is so cold here. I am just not ready for it after the glorious weather we had last week. So more hygge for me! I inserted a photo below of our dining nook, which I tried to make more hyggelig with the fur, candles & lighting. We still have the Thanksgiving gourds out! The fur throws were inexpensive and are completely washable too, which was such a find!

@lennoncpa - I cannot wait for more Sunny photos! And of course, welcome home to your son as well!

lqic559mve4d.jpeg

OMG! You are killing the hygge, Lisa. I think I might call CBC to interview you.
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    2827 steps today. Not a very active day. I have self quarantined due to probable exposure. And my phone hasnt Stopped. Good news I didn’t eat much today, again because the phone hasn’t stopped.
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    Options
    Freeglerock
    Week 3
    PW: 171.6
    CW: 170.5
    LTD: 48.0

Please with this, though must admit I am slacking on the logging and exercise. If only I could always be "in the zone" - it would be so much easier! :wink:

And thank you for you kind words regarding the quilt (and cat!). I enjoy doing it, but must admit I am not very artistic or creative. I just don't have that natural ability or flare. These kind of quilts however are all about straight lines and following a set process, that I can gel with! The only vaguely creative thing I need to do is decide on fabric (and hey - that is shopping and I am an expert at that!)
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    11/18 steps 11801
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 3
    pw: 160.3
    cw: 161.1

My appetite has returned with a vengeance. I should be eating veggies instead of cookies for sure. This isn't much of a gain but still going in the wrong direction.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    minstrelofsarcasm
    November Week Three

Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 168.4 (November 12th)
    CW (Current Weight): 166.2 (November 19th)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 67.8 lbs

Feels so good to be back to my pre-vacation weight! Will it last? Who knows. Next week is US Thanksgiving, so I highly doubt my food intake will be ideal (although I won't be indulging until Thursday night, so maybe my next weigh in will still be pretty).

Food - While I've had a few incidents with intrameal snacking, I've been pretty good about controlling myself beyond a small incident with crunchy chow mein noodles and some chocolate chips. Mmmmm... My issue now is that I'm quite low on most of my healthy staples, if not completely out. So, it's time to hit the grocery store or get creative with my meals. Or both.

Exercise - I'm about ten spin classes away from having taken 750. And I've been going back and forth about whether it's worth trying to cram all of them into November, or if I'm willing to wait until early December. With my current schedule, I'm expected to hit my 750th ride on Monday, December 7th. I don't anticipate it being that late, but at least I'm 100% positive I'll hit it this year (assuming the governor doesn't shut down gyms in the next two weeks).

Mindset - I normally don't write anything about this in my posts, but I'm trying to be more authentic with others, and I think it's important to remind everyone that no one truly is how they appear online (and sometimes even in person). I've been struggling quite a bit this week with feelings of isolation and hopelessness. Living alone during a pandemic has been both a blessing and a curse. And while I am most definitely introverted, I still require social validation - I just don't gain energy from social interactions. Some weeks, I've managed to gain enough socializing from my online networks and my small group of friends at the gym. But others... others I want to bake myself a million cookies and host a pity party for one.

The bloat from the past week and a half has not been helping me. While I understand why it was there and that it was temporary, seeing the numbers on the scale was still demoralizing. The disconnect between the scientific brain and the emotional brain will never fail to confound me. Why couldn't I just whoosh the whole bloat off in a day? Why couldn't my body just get right back to where it was when I hopped back into my routine?

Ooof, that turned out longer than I was planning - let's just move on, shall we?

Next Week - I'm going to do my darndest to be on my best food behavior in preparation for the holiday on Thursday. While I will not be having the typical Thanksgiving feast, I will still be with a small group of friends, and there will be all sorts of treats available. I won't bother lying to myself and say I'll be under control. Because I won't. Mashed potatoes are a weakness. Gravy is a weakness. Anything with cinnamon in it will be shoved into my unhinged jaw. Nothing will survive. I will both amaze and disgust my friends with my ability to eat everything my heart desires.

I'll also be exercising throughout the week in accordance with my standard schedule. But that's not as important as the food, so it's only getting two sentences.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    melaniedscott (let's try this again!)
    Week 3 (already!?!?)
    PW: 208
    CW: 206
    -2!!!
    Actually, .8 lower than my original morning weigh but between my first post attempt and this one, some weight indicated it wanted to leave...no complaints here. I'm a bit surprised...yesterday I was a cow. Moo. Just stood around eating all afternoon.

I decided to do gluten free for a week and fell off the wagon after 3 days...not sure I see any impact, not that three days is enough. I can't resist naan and samosa...yesterday we did indian home buffet for my hub's birthday. Mmmm. So tasty.

@minstrelofsarcasm I get your comments about authenticity...that's hard for me, too. I grew up in a very abusive home situation (I WILL NOT call that family) and we were brainwashed (is it brainwashing if that's how you start?) and trained to lie about what was going on at home and in church and I realized from an early age that it wasn't right, not healthy, etc. but had to hide my intentions (ESCAPE! I will not be this person! I am not this person!)...so the person people saw was a lie my first 20 years...and even though I hated that, sometimes it is hard to be...real, just in general. So...here's to being real and being thankful for opportunities (to be real, to escape terrible, to be better).
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    Check in for Wednesday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-just PT

I have been so busy the past two days that my exercise slacked. Today, I am not sure what I am doing. I woke up not feeling that great and now 4 hours later, I feel worse. Nothing bad, just tired, headache and a cold. I think I am going to listen to my body and rest for now. Hopefully I will feel better later and at least do a walking video. Hope everyone has a nice day :)

@melaniedscott Nice loss! I am glad you got your quilt before the fire destroyed the rest. I love that you have something that your great grandmother spent time creating.
    @Cafelelia I love the reading nook idea. I also like that it is considered to be hygge because I feel guilty when I am reading in front of the fire. I feel like I should be doing something else. Now I know it is important for my mental health! You hit it out of the ball park with the candles and fur throws! I also love how it adds to the fall decor and will easily transition to the winter and holiday decor!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx I know this is an answer from 2 days ago but after you refresh the page, there are little dots or something in the right hand corner of your post. You have to refresh the page and you only have 60 min to do it.
    @jedaschultz The scale is moving in the right direction! Hopefully more good days then bad this coming week for you :)
    @podperson1 Don't stress about your weight. No reason to beat yourself up, just move forward. I think sleep is a big deal when you are trying to lose weight and be healthy. I hope there is something you can do to get a better night's sleep. I hope you got to do your zoom class but if you didn't, try a walking video. I know Leslie Sansone has a walking video that is a mile in 15 min. It may not be as much as you were doing but if you just make yourself do 15 min a day, you can build from that. Just make little changes every day and you will be back into the 170s before you know it!
    @lennoncpa Love the race bib! How exciting that your son and Sunny are coming! I can't wait to see pics!
    @kandi3570 Oh no! I hope that you stay well. Hugs!
    @Freeglerock Nice loss-you are almost out of the 170s! Whoo hoo!
    @pacsnc6 It is nice to hear you have your appetite back. Yes, it would be better to have healthier things but after what you have been through I am glad that you are enjoying some treats. xo
    @minstrelofsarcasm Sending hugs. These are hard times. I hope that your gym stays open at least so you can continue to go and get some social interaction there. Maybe you can also make a point to see the friends in your bubble? I am a little lazy and let my friends plan everything, going out, zoom calls etc. I am not sure if you are the same way but you may have to be the one to plan. You may have some friends like me who would love to socialize but never think to plan anything. Are you hosting Thanksgiving? If you aren't, just enjoy Thanksgiving and do not bring anything home. It is one day, it is not going to ruin your progress. If you are hosting, send the left overs home with everyone.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Wednesday check in
    I ate a bit off plan as I ate a few more carbs than planned, but I am getting good at knowing when to stop. I am not eating a Keto diet, but I have been reducing carbs with my IF. I am a long time vegetarian, so this works much better than Keto. We are in the midst of a full covid second wave here, and our premier is announcing stricter measures tomorrow. I have so many appointments and my son’s confirmation coming up, but who knows what will happen. I guess it is a good exercise in living more in the moment and improvising, which is something I need to work on more. It just feels like our world keeps shrinking and that doesn’t feel great.

@kandi3570 - I am sorry that you have to self-quarantine and hope that you are ok.

@pacsnc6 - I know that you don’t want to gain, but it is really great that you have your appetite back. I hope that you are feeling well.

@minstrelofsarcasm - Congrats on getting back to your pre-vacation weight and for doing so many spin classes! You are such a great writer. This pandemic has not been easy mentally, and we do need social connection. Yes, the online world is not always what it appears to be. This has been a lesson that I have to keep reminding myself and one that I have to be vigilant about with my kids. As an example for them, I slimmed down my social media quite a bit in recent years. The pandemic has made it harder as most of us need the online world now to work, go to school, socialize, shop etc. As I stated above, it is day to day and we just have to do the best that we can each day. Some days will be pretty crappy, but that’s ok because nothing is perfect even though Instagram will tell you otherwise.

@melaniedscott - I am sorry that you had a childhood and teenage years like that, and I am glad you got out of it. It can be hard to be real, but it is a really good way to be!

@sleepymom5 - I hope that you do not develop a cold and that you feel better. What I have come to realize is that reading in front of a fire is absolutely doing something, that it is something that is good & important for me, and it is something that I should be doing even more!

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm wow could I relate to your MINDSET! Seriously I could have written that myself! Thank you for sharing and your honesty.

In addition to my isolation living alone, I seem to have developed this angry side of myself that pops out when I see someone without a mask or read something online about this not being a real epidemic. I’m normally a very happy person so I don’t like the angry feelings!!

So enough said about that! It does feel good to share that since I don’t talk to anyone about the anger issues. It probably would help if I had a foster dog right now because they are just so loving and grateful and non judgmental! There is still a shortage of foster dogs currently at my local dog rescue!! I’ve read that dogs are good for your health and I really believe that is true. I’ve had 2 different foster dogs during this pandemic and they both brought me such peace and love.

Anyways, just wanted to let you know that you’re not alone ❤️
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    Live from my 5k:
    qj52ofgcjk4v.jpg

Wow! I love this pic from your 5k walk. It just shows how each one of us has our own landscape and you have a really good flash. I think you woke the cows up. Awesome!
This discussion has been closed.