Pacsnc6
    Thursday weigh in
    Week 2
    Pw160
    Cw160.3
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Wednesday check in
    I stayed on plan, except I had one extra taco at dinner. The boys love when I make them. I planned for 2 tacos plus lots of side veggies, and then I had a third. I felt so full that I did not sleep well. It was a good lesson and reminder to pause, wait and really listen for fullness cues. I have moved on from the taco debacle and am doing well today. The weather has turned a bit colder now, but it is sunny out. I have a bunch of parent teacher conferences this afternoon for my older son, so wish me luck on that! I will do another Hygge tip tomorrow.

@sleepymom5 - Great minds do think alike. The photo books turned out great and I will do another one for my husband.

@minstrelofsarcasm - You will get back on track post vacation! I love your list, especially the part about being kind to yourself.

@kandi3570 - Great day yesterday! I am so impressed that you are almost done Christmas shopping!

@tryingagain5 - Glad that your knee is getting better!

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    Hello and Happy Thursday team.

@tryingagain5 and @sleepymom5 - I can't believe the difference in weather from Tuesday to yesterday and today! It was like 76 on Tuesday and this morning it was 37!! I was thinking about the word "hygge" and I am not feeling it today! I could use a fireplace in my house and office!!

So yesterday I didn't drink nearly enough water and it is really strange - when I don't drink enough water during the day - I get really thirsty at night and last night I was drinking San Pellegrino - my favorite sparkling water drink.. I also had salty food for dinner - which is something I try to avoid. In any event, my weight was mysteriously up this morning and I am thinking I am retaining a lot of water. I think from what I have read from some of you guys previously that drinking water actually helps flush out the water from your system. I'm sure hoping that is my problem! I am drinking tons of water today to hopefully get back on track with my weight and my water. I was doing really good with my water intake for the last month - but then we had these outdoor dancing events and there are no open bathrooms at the park - so I was avoiding drinking water on purpose! So many issues to consider!! Wouldn't it be great for life to get back to normal!!!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all, I’m glad to see everyone’s check-ins. I’ve been

@lennoncpa we bought a portable mini fireplace for our basement and I’m loving it. It’s just a little model but it sure works great.

@Cafelelia i hope the parent teacher conferences go well. Our school system always has
    our kids included in our conferences. H no h

@sleepymom5 do u food prep for all meals int the day or just dinners ?
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    11500 steps and 1120 calories. I mean I’ll probablyhit12000 considering my work clothes are still in the washer. And I’m no where close to having everything done to go to bed.
    @KUMEcyclingteam I love the cat description! I got a chuckle. I hope he makes it to under 20 lbs for summer too! 😁
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    lennoncpa wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean said "I do that too. Not often. These days I try to be chaotic with healthy things, so I'll grab Skinny Pop and cauliflower pizza. I figure if I go overboard, it's controlled chaos."

Hey I like the sound of that - controlled chaos! And I totally understand what you are saying! What type of cauliflower pizza do you get? I've never tried that yet.

Sheryl, The cauliflower pizza brand was CauliPower and I chose Marguerita and added some extra basil leaves and thin slices of tomato. I heated it on my pizza pan, which is the type with ventilation holes. Next time I'll use a baking sheet with parchment paper. The crust was just like pizza crust.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    Welcome new member to MFPs WNM team (feline edition)! His name is Reiko, he will admit that "maybe" he snacks too much in-between his constant one meal a day! He does exercise at least once a day, partial to house sprints between the hours of 2:00 and 4:00 am. He will also tell you that he sleeps about 16 hours a day! Reiko is currently at 22 lbs. and would like to be back down under 20 lbs. for the summer!
    Lets all encourage and offer support for him and his journey!
    9pm7pdrz0ihr.jpg

And don't tell Mother I took this picture, she absolutely hates her picture being taken!
    Keep up the good fight team, the week is almost over!

I won't tell her but either way, it's a great picture of your mom. I'm behind Reiko slimming down. Though I had a 22 lb cat who lived to the age of 22 years.
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    weigh in for Friday 11/13/20.
    Original starting weight (Pryor to MFP) 8/21/20 232
    MFP starting weight 10/8/20 216
    Last week weight 10/23/20 208.2
    Today’s weight 209.4
    Goal weight 155
    Lbs lost this week +1.2
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    11/12 steps 2659
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,157 Member
    kjcra1st1sxb.jpg

Happy Friday, Folks! We made it! That's worthy of celebration, don't you think? So, take a break from your responsibilities today, put on some good music, and do a happy dance!

Oh, and also, here's the upcoming weigh-ins. Don't let that rain on your parade.

Remember that two missed weigh-ins in a row will lead to being kicked from the group unless you ask to be excused!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    @1theresamcvean & @minstrelofsarcasm where are we at on this 5K thing? Are we going to do this?
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,446 Member
    Check in for Thursday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-30 min walk, PT, strength and stretching

I was shocked at my weight yesterday and figured it would go back up a little today. So you can imagine how shocked I was when I was down even a little more this morning! I did have a good week but wasn't expecting such a loss. I am sure a lot is fluid from getting back on track as I did have a very good week. I am trying not to make too much over it. I keep thinking that I am going to have a gain next week because I went down so much. I also do not want to go back to the 200s. Lots of thoughts going on this morning Lol! Moving on..

It is the weekend and we are going to the shore. It will be the last time until Dec. They decorate so nice for the holidays. We are bringing Daisy this time so she can run on the beach. Dogs are only allowed on the beach Oct-May 1 so I try to get her on when I can. She goes to the groomer Wednesday so perfect time her to go to the beach. On another note with going to the shore. This weigh in is a HUGE reason not to go off track. I do not want to go over 200 again. Great motivation to not go over board. I do already have a plan for dinner tonight. Today will be no problem. Tomorrow should be easy as well. Just Jim and I will be down, no kids or visitors so that makes it easier.

Ok, got to run, I have a doctors appointment. The fun one us women are supposed to get once a year. Ugh! I usually go in the spring but it was pushed off because of Covid and then I guess with everyone rescheduling, it was hard to get in for an appointment.

Have a great day everyone!

@pacsnc6 Maintaining is good and what your doctors want as well. Hope all is good with you!
    @Cafelelia Hope the conferences went well
    @lennoncpa I am sure the weight being up is related to the salt in your dinner. Just drink your water and it will flush out. I can relate with the bathroom situation, I have to plan my water around access to the bathroom Lol!
    @goingape I am new to the food prep but what I am trying to do is make it easier every meal so when I am hungry I can eat instead of having to prepare something. So for breakfast I either have a bar or this week I actually got already hard boiled eggs and turkey sausages that are quick to microwave, for lunch I just put turkey on my wrap so all I needed to do was add lettuce, tomato (which I prepped by slicing ahead) and condiments. Then for we grilled turkey burgers, sausages and chicken for the week, then I had already prepared salads. It doesn't bother me to eat the same things.
    @KUMEcyclingteam Idk, Reiko seems content snuggling with your Mom Lol! He may not be up for the weight loss scene ;)
    @kiane50 I didn't realize how much you have lost! Hope you are doing well.

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member

Weigh in day: Friday
    Previous weight: 133.0
    Today's weight: 134.5
    Weekly Steps: 82,050

I’m so mad at myself for having a crappy week.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Cafelelia
    Friday
    Week 2
    PW - 141.3
    CW - 140.6
    LTD - 28.2
    I am totally good with this slow & steady approach. Just 2.6 to goal!

Hygge tip for the day - The right kind of indoor lighting is important to experience Hygge. Lights should not be super bright, super fluorescent. Danish people love candlelight and any lighting that approximates the warm glow of the sun. Think side lamps with soft light, tasks lamps for reading, all using bulbs with less wattage and a warm glow. Light from a fire or candlelight light is really important for Hygge. So if you don’t have a fireplace, light a candle! Remember to take fire safety precautions and the fact that you don’t need an expensive, scented candle. Any candle will do. I have been having dinner by candlelight, but I don’t trust my boys around real candles. So I bought some artificial candles from Ikea that mimic the warm glow of real candles. So this weekend, dim the lights, and light a candle or fire in the fireplace!

@lennoncpa - I am so sorry that you had a crappy week. Big hugs to you!

@sleepymom5 - Way to go Pam!
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Pw. 146.2
    Cw 145.4
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @sleepymom5 Great to see you join the under 200 club again! Now just to stay there. You know how so keep with it.

Yes I have been maintaining my weight + or - a couple pounds. The doctor is happy. I have been doing OK with my food, eating more snacks though. I try to move around enough each day to earn those snacks. I don't do any structured exercise program, just walking outside when it's nice and housework. I have been working more on my cross stitch, it's slow going.

I had another Keytruda dose yesterday. Next time - in three weeks - the plan is to increase the dose and stretch the timing to six weeks between doses. That way I can avoid the hospital until after New Years. Yay!!!!! I did have some itching yesterday and today but not bad. I hope the increased dose will not make that worse.
This discussion has been closed.