Weight No More - November 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I am having a good weekend. Staying on plan, doing prep, doing some IF and trying to sneak in some rest.

Another Hygge fact is the adjective for Hygge is β€œhyggelig”. This morning I ditched chores to watch a movie with my younger son. We stayed in pyjamas and cuddled under a comfy blanket. It was very hyggelig!

@freeglerock - Happy belated birthday!
    @sleepymom5 - Congratulations on your F2F victory this week!
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    Steps..

Sun- 10,000
    Mon-5,262
    Tues-5,156
    Wed-6,901
    Thur-6 ,159
    Fri-6,944
    Sat-11,171
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    Freeglerock
    Week 2
    PW: 169.6
    CW: 171.6
    LTD: 46.9

Up, down, up down, and back up again. That is exactly what my weight is doing at the moment! My "excuse" this week is that it was my birthday on Monday, and I enjoyed chocolates, prosecco and a Lebanese take away!

Happy birthday, Lisa! Overall, you are way down and birthdays come first. Your birthday treats soun perfect.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @sleepymom5 Congratulations! You're number 1.

@sleepymom5 and @tryingagain5 Thanks for the words of encouragement. The presentation went well. I've never researched a family tree that was 97% Dutch and had to present it to someone in Amsterdam. She was the best though. All these cousins from the U.S., Canada, and the Netherlands, some of whom had never met, had a Zoom show and tell of a family tree that I did for one of them. It's a great idea when you can't travel to meet or have family reunions. I am as tired as I remember being after exams.

@KUMEcyclingteam Well played. Who knew we'd have dog and cat poker on TWNM.

Sorry to keep you all in suspense, the details for our 5k challenge will be coming your way tomorrow.

I don't know about where you live, but we had a serious wind storm with crazy rain and power outages today. Stay safe everyone!
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Steps for going ape

Sunday - nov 8 - 2159 (did I report this already?)
    Monday - 101676
    Tuesday - 8285
    Wednesday- 4573
    Thursday - 10083
    Friday - 9225
    Saturday - 9225
    Sunday - 7892

Cheers!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,979 Member
    Options
    Username GingerPwr
    PW 139
    CW 139
  • debbiewsharpe
    debbiewsharpe Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Sorry this post is late
    Debbie Sharpe
    current weight 126.6 ( 1 pound lower than last week)
    Sunday – 17,933
    Monday – 16,830
    Tuesday – 19,993
    Wednesday – 17,592
    Thursday –12,531
    Friday –19,194
    Saturday –8,360

I have had a very busy week. We are going back to Raleigh today for husband's follow up appointment with the oral surgeon. He is still having some issues. I will be in the truck for 2.5 hours riding there and back. I am not allowed inside so I hope the weather is nice enough for me to walk around the parking lot. My eye is better but it still feels like I have something in it often but not all the time. This, I can live with!

Y'all take care and keep on keeping on..........................
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    11/15 steps 6674
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    fec0802c351adebf6cbc7c94cb5d428a.jpg

Hello Everyone! I should really start being more active around here on the weekends - my goodness there was so much to catch up on! Loving all the great losses I've seen around here, and some of you have pulled off some impressive step counts! (Looking at you, @debbiewsharpe )

Quick update on me:

I had to take a blood test on Thursday, and while I'm normally an A+ student, I came out with an AB-... (you know you want to laugh)

Most of everything appeared to be okay, but my metabolic panel showed that I have a low total protein count (basically the number of essential protein particles albumin and globulin), which is directly related to my liver health. While I am not currently concerned about this quite yet, because being at the lower end of the recommended range isn't always a cause for alarm, my doctor had mentioned that this could be a sign that I would need to change medications. So, I've contacted my neurologist to schedule a call and see what's going on.

Sometimes knowing the science behind medical tests can be a comfort. But it also leads to me being an incredibly annoying patient for my neurologist, who just wants to go through his standard speech for his patients who don't care as much about how things happen in their bodies without questions about my intake of each individual amino acid (Fun Fact: There's 23 amino acids, 9 of which not naturally produced in the human body and require to be consumed in food - all animal products contain all 9, vegetarian sources of protein can be easily paired to get them all).

Beyond that, I think I'm doing alright. The end of election week brought a temporary wave of relief that I desperately needed. Ohio might be shutting down again, so I've ordered a set of weights in the event that I won't be able to go to spin class anymore. Hoping they won't be necessary, but a good supplementary source of exercise.

@annliz23 - I just noticed that you've maintained your weight for three weeks straight! I don't know if we've asked you before, but would you want to move to the goal zone? Let me know!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - In the US, we need to do emissions tests every other year for new cars (I think it's every year for older cars?), which is basically the same thing. My last car was a pain in the butt for these tests because it was lacking some of the structure to hold parts in place, which meant everything worked fine, but sometimes set off the check engine light when they bounced around too much.

@Freeglerock - Happy belated birthday! You have every excuse to indulge yourself a little bit around your birthday. I bet most of that is water weight/bloat anyway :wink:
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,462 Member
    Options
    Check in for Sunday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise-PT and stretching

Holy Crap! I rarely get on the leader board let alone be in first place! I am going to have to go on my MFP app and take screen shot so I know that it is possible for me to do this! Lol! I hear that sometimes people have a whoosh and lose a lot. That usually doesn't happen to me but I will take it! My weight is staying right around there so I think it was accurate.

Today I am going shopping and doing food prep. I actually prepped breakfasts and lunches so I am just going to do dinners today.

@tryingagain5 It is nice to see the scale going down when you are putting the work in. I feel like you turned a corner and you are doing great!
    @Freeglerock Happy Birthday! Chocolate and Prosecco are two of my favorite things Lol! Sounds like a nice birthday celebration, just get back on track. You will get the extra weight off.
    @melaniedscott I would have never guessed that was a dam!
    @mxlaw90 Nice loss!
    @CassieGetsFit2013 Nice loss!
    @KUMEcyclingteam Lol! What a cutie!
    @Cafelelia Sounds like such a nice way to spend the morning with your son.
    @1theresamcvean I am glad the presentation went well. I can see why you would be tired! That sounds like a lot of work.
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Nice loss! Looks like the exercise routine and cleaning up you eating is working for you! It is amazing that you are able to continue forward with the pain. I know I am looking from the outside but it looks like you have learned to manage it and work around it or listen to your body and take a break. We also have to have yearly inspections for our cars. Repairs on cars really add up! Enjoy your nicer weather and getting out on your bike!
    @mainebeachbum Nice loss!!!
    @debbiewsharpe Nice loss for you too. Hope your husbands appointment goes well and you can get some steps in too.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I have decided to try some planks, see how long I can hold it. Friday I held to a count of 30, yesterday to 35. I now that's not much but will try to build on that. Is there a routine I should try? How many in a day? As I said the other day, I don't do any routine exercising, mostly walking. I need to strengthen my core and thought this would be a good way to go.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    @pacsnc6 -

I did a plank challenge earlier this year, using an app on my phone. Here's the link.

I found that it was a good way to increase my core strength and focus on my breathing. I most definitely need to get back to using it regularly. I think I was up to holding a plank for over six minutes by the time my gym was open again, and had completed the beginner and intermediate levels of the challenge. And then I dropped off the wagon, because I was back to spin class.
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited November 2020
    Options
    29ey57rj9350.png

November has some of us shivering indoors instead of stepping outside for a good walk.

Time for a fun and interactive challenge. A virtual team 5k walk!*

*5k you say? Alright, alright. It just sounds more athletic. It's only 3.1 miles.

Play it your way:
    • Walk it all at once!
    • Try a 3-day virtual relay with yourself. That's just three separate 1.66667 kilometre or 1.0333- mile walks. I'm not sure about you, but maybe walking the whole 5k is easier than the math
    • Run if that's more your speed (but harder to take pics)
    • Do it once or do it more often
    • Just do it before the end of November

Share your walk highlights with the team:
    • Post a selfie
    • Share a pic of something you saw along the way
    • Recommend a playlist
    • Show us your stats
    • Map your walk

Pro tips:
    • Try Spotify walking playlists if you have Spotify
    • Try Map My Walk (owned by HH, just like MFP) https://www.mapmywalk.com/app
    • Try Peloton outdoor classes that you can preload to your phone
    • Share your best tips with us

Thanks to @melaniedscott for the idea, @sleepymom5 for offering to help, @minstrelofsarcasm for not suggesting we do this on Spin bikes, and @lennoncpa for being the first entrant. (I'm calling Sheryl the first entrant because it sounds so official. I can just picture her with a race bib with the number one on it.)

Sample highlights:
    dfxx3gk2jehp.png
    7qt8o15456k6.png

• 1theresamcvean
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm Good thing you went to Lake Erie when you did. This was yesterday.
    z11bibaplb0p.png
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm Good thing you went to Lake Erie when you did. This was yesterday.
    z11bibaplb0p.png

Oh wow! Great pix Theresa!

Boy, Ashley, you really missed out!
  • 1theresamcvean
    Options

Oh wow! Great pix Theresa!

Boy, Ashley, you really missed out!

The storm chasers had a great day. The people of Ontario and, I assume, surrounding states in the U.S., not so much.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,316 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    5K! My step counter says it was a Pi walk: 3.14...

Since I'm working from home, I'm making a point of taking walk breaks, so this was broken into 3 chunks: 20 mins, 30 mins, 20 mins. There is not much of interest on my short walks but there is this odd headstone I only see about every 3-4 times I walk by it...505da9u4eren.jpg

Hello Kitty doesn't seem like a gravestone to me...but there it was today again. It's probably always there...I just miss it...but I like the disappearing headstone story better.

Tried for a less morbid one of squirrels but they weren't having any.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    Options
    z11bibaplb0p.png

Holy wow, Batman!

I mean, I do have some pictures of my hair going everywhere from all the wind, and it was snowing for an hour while I was there... but I'm very glad I didn't get pelted with aggressive waves during my walks on the beach. VERY glad.
This discussion has been closed.