Weight No More - November 2020 Team Chat

Replies

• lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @KUMEcyclingteam i love your post and your photo! Too cute and too funny!!!!
  • I think 5km on spin bikes is a great idea (maybe because I do at least that every morning lol)

I walked 5km on Sunday, I aim for at least 5km on one weekend day.

dcmdr7hnaau8.jpg

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 934 Member
    I think 5km on spin bikes is a great idea (maybe because I do at least that every morning lol)

I walked 5km on Sunday, I aim for at least 5km on one weekend day.

Great walk and beautiful shot! It reminds me of the Bay of Fundy in Nova Scotia, Canada. I'd be out as often as possible in this scenery.
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Sunday and Monday check in
    Food: good
    Water: 32 oz each day
    Exercise: 15 minutes on Sunday, 30 minutes with trainer on Monday

Sunday is always a short day for me. Church in the morning, then lunch, then sleep for the afternoon so I can stay awake for work.

Monday also seemed short. Slept after work, worked with my trainer at the gym, then chiropractor appointment, just finished supper and will be going into work early tonight. I told them I would go in early every night this week, that will put me at 18 hours of OT, paid at double time so that will be really nice.(hope my knee agrees with my decision to work 10 hours every day.🤔

Michigan is going to be partially shut down again, starting on Wednesday. I'm really surprised that the gyms are going to stay open. Just no group classes. I'm glad they're still open, even though right now I've only been going twice a week, working with my trainer. I should start going more now and either ride the bike or use the elliptical since the physical therapist said I could do things that don't cause me pain.

If people are able to work from home they are to do that. Manufacturing, construction and other jobs that can't be done remotely are still open so I still get to go to work.

Health care is open, last time doctor's offices were closed. I'm glad they get to stay open this time. I can do some of my physical therapy exercises at home but there are things the therapist does that I can't do on my own.
    No dine in at restaurants. High schools and colleges are going to remote learning. Younger kids are still able to go in person. These are just a few of the things for Michigan. I'm sure that many other states are starting to have restrictions again too.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Hi all. Been overindulging in my baking, my kids aren’t eating the cookies up fast enough. Tomorrow I will be back at it.
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @1theresamcvean thanks for setting up the 5k! I’m ready😀😀😀🕺🕺🕺
  • kandi3570
    kandi3570 Posts: 238 Member
    Steps 11/14 8626
    11/15 11385
    11/16 9659.

I didn’t realize I hadn’t been on here for days until I saw so many comments. Love the 5K photos!
  • brown6267
    brown6267 Posts: 476 Member
    11/16 steps 9341
  • sleepymom5
    sleepymom5 Posts: 2,456 Member
    Check in for Monday
    Food-logged and under
    Water-64 oz
    Exercise 30 min spin class! (Well 15 min spinning in class and 15 min spinning trying to figure out how to get into the class...). I also had a really good Strength, PT and stretching session-45 minutes!

Good day yesterday! As you can tell, I was very happy with my exercise. I have been on track for over a week now. It is nice not having to play catch up all week after a bad weekend.

Philadelphia announced "safer at home" restrictions which include closing gyms, indoor dining, lots of restrictions on outdoor dining and events, no indoor events unless it is with the people you live with plus many more. It is not quite going back to quarantine as there are still stores, salons, health care services and things of those nature still open. I am not in Philadelphia but it was recommended that my county follow suit so I am sure it will be a matter of time. Sounds like there is starting to be an end in site, they are hoping to have a vaccine in April. Hopefully we all get through the holiday season healthy and these restrictions help.

A side note, anyone who is friends with me see that I am posting losses almost daily. I say almost because they don't show the gains. I am losing but there are normal fluctuations. I wish I could figure out how to disconnect but I can't find how I am even connected on either device. So bear with me...I struggle with these technical things. Last night I wasted hours trying to upload pictures to Shutterfly...would upload most but not all. I am having technical overload right now.

As I was writing this I heard a big boom and then the power went out so I am going to end here. I am using my phone as a hot spot and don't want to drain the battery. By the sound of the boom, this might take a while.

@pacsn6 I need to work on my core strength too. I am glad you asked about the planks, I am going to try that challenge.
    @minstrelofsarcasm I am sorry about your blood work not being where it should be. Hopefully a change in meds will work and go smoothly for you. And I did chuckle at the little joke Lol! Thanks for the recommendation for the plank challenge. I am going to try it out! I also wanted to tell you I did my first spin class (virtually). I only did 15 min because I already had spent 15 min trying to figure it out Lol! It was good but I couldn't move my legs as fast as the instructor was. Something to work towards I guess. Thanks for being an inspiration!
    @1theresamcvean It sounds like so much fun!! Sign me up! Thank you for organizing! Let me know what I can do to help.
    @melaniedscott What a good idea to break your walk up during your work day. I guess someone really liked hello kitty! Kinda cheerful for a headstone.
    @podperson1 Give yourself credit for having a good day. One day at a time...You got this!
    @xX_PhoenixRising_Xx What a beautiful pic! You have such amazing scenery on your walks.
    @tryingagain5 You are doing so good lately! Good luck with your longer shifts, it will be nice to get that OT. As you can see from my post above. We also are starting with the restrictions.
    @tryingagin5 Lol! That is why I don't bake! I would eat them as well as the dough as I was making them...and some of the chocolate chips as I was putting them in...you get the picture ;)
    @kandi3570 Hope all is going well!
    @freeglerock How beautiful! I hope you cat doesn't think you made it for him! Lol!
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,305 Member
    edited November 2020
    - 60ne4zc5el02.jpg
    2wphfpkw4gtg.jpg
    Gorgeous! The quilt, too.

I am a little in awe of people with these skills. My great grandmother had about a dozen quilt tops completed when she died and my grandmother decided to have one of them quilted for each of her grandchildren when they got married. I don't know if my brother got one, his first marriage was....hmmm odd. I expect if they did get a quilt it was probably destroyed (they had several very destructive pets)...but mine is lovely and lives in my hopechest. My sister got married in the middle of the period my grandfather was dying, so I don't know if my gran managed it...but about a year and a half later, she had a house fire and the remaining tops were destroyed. So my youngest sister and my cousin didn't get theirs, which is pretty sad. And my brother's second wedding was after that.

Quilts are beautiful storytelling.
  • Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Monday check in
    I had a stressfull day but managed to stay on plan. That windstorm, omg. It blew over part of our fence. We havea corner lot, so luckily just an internal section of the fence fell, so it was on our property. An external section, next to the public sidewalk, came loose, and that made me really nervous as school kids walk by everyday. One of the hockey dads on my son’s team was kind enough to come by after work and secure all of it. Bless him. He is a contractor and had just been by on the weekend to discuss a quote for replacing that fence and our deck in the spring. He showed me photos of fences and property damage that clients were sending to him from that storm. Thank goodness it is over and I have not heard about anybody getting hurt.

Hygge tip for today (because I really need it) - Create a home reading nook, and just do some reading in general. Staying home and reading in a comfy setting is very hyggelig. It can be anywhere! A comfy chair, your bed, a window sill. Just any part of where you live where you feel cosy. It is nice to have a task light and warm blanket in that space. Your choice of reading material is yours. I think Danish people prefer non-electronic formats. I think any format is fine because this is about how you feel. Some quiet time to yourself, feeling warm and cosy in your house. Life is so busy and we all have so much on the go. Taking a bit of time to sit quietly and read is a wonderful way to slow down and reduce stress. I have a number of books lined up to read after I finish binge watching season 4 of The Crown!

@sleepymom5 - We are locking down more too. That vaccine cannot come soon enough. Shutterfly is great, but it is not the most intuitive interface, so wasting a lot of time is quite common with that site! I do love their products though!

@tryingagain5 - Yes, lockdowns are happening everywhere now. My son is to be confirmed on Saturday in a very small, distanced ceremony at our church. I hope it still goes forward, but who knows?

@freeglerock - Such a great idea to do some quilting. Any hobby is great to shift focus off of eating, and this weird year. You cat is adorable!

@goingape - Home baking, so good, so dangerous! Hope that the kids finish the cookies soon!

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - Gorgeous photo!

@podperson1 - Hang in there! So many of us have rough patches. Sending you a big hug!

@1theresamcvean - Fantastic idea to have a virtual 5km. I am not sure if I am in, but will post if I am!
  • 1theresamcvean
    edited November 2020
    Hi everyone. Love the idea of the 5k walk - I plan to do this on Thursday - looking forward to trying to get some good pictures (though it will be an evening walk and likely dark outside).

This past weekend my exercising schedule has been pushed assign as i got into a bit of a crafting project. I have decided to use up my christmas fabric that has been piling up over the years on a quilt. I find the repetitive nature of the cutting and sewing quite therapeutic. I started on Saturday, and have completed the main front piece - here it is (and with my cat, just because he loves getting in the way of the fabric!)
    - also good to limit snacking - do not want chocolates hands over my work!

Good luck with your 5k walk, Lisa Perhaps you could map your route with Map My Walk, with which I think you just need to take your phone along if you don't have a fitness watch. Another thought is to share your reflections of the walk.

What a beautiful quilt! I used to do needlework and, you're right, it did limit snacking. Your crafting tip seems to hit several hygge notes.
  • 1theresamcvean
    Cafelelia wrote: »
    Monday check in
    I had a stressfull day but managed to stay on plan. That windstorm, omg. It blew over part of our fence. We havea corner lot, so luckily just an internal section of the fence fell, so it was on our property. An external section, next to the public sidewalk, came loose, and that made me really nervous as school kids walk by everyday. One of the hockey dads on my son’s team was kind enough to come by after work and secure all of it. Bless him. He is a contractor and had just been by on the weekend to discuss a quote for replacing that fence and our deck in the spring. He showed me photos of fences and property damage that clients were sending to him from that storm. Thank goodness it is over and I have not heard about anybody getting hurt.

Hygge tip for today (because I really need it) - Create a home reading nook, and just do some reading in general. Staying home and reading in a comfy setting is very hyggelig. It can be anywhere! A comfy chair, your bed, a window sill. Just any part of where you live where you feel cosy. It is nice to have a task light and warm blanket in that space. Your choice of reading material is yours. I think Danish people prefer non-electronic formats. I think any format is fine because this is about how you feel. Some quiet time to yourself, feeling warm and cosy in your house. Life is so busy and we all have so much on the go. Taking a bit of time to sit quietly and read is a wonderful way to slow down and reduce stress. I have a number of books lined up to read after I finish binge watching season 4 of The Crown!

@1theresamcvean - Fantastic idea to have a virtual 5km. I am not sure if I am in, but will post if I am!

I love this hygge tip, Lisa! I have two reading nooks but have fallen out of the habit of using them. I'm going to focus on one of them and send you a pic when I finally sit myself down to read. I wonder if it will count to read history/genealogy books as they've now become my profession rather than my past time. I now have a new hygge goal for this week.

• - 60ne4zc5el02.jpg
    2wphfpkw4gtg.jpg

Beautiful quilt, and cat! I have about a million cat on quilt (or fabric) photos, but I can take credit for the quilts, my mother is a quilter. My first job was working in her quilt shop. I only dabble. There are maybe 30 quilts in my house right now? I have more in storage. Mum has many many more.
  • Ugh - how do I edit from the app? It should say I CAN'T take credit. My incredibly talented mother made all the quilts in my house. She has most of the ones I have made.
  • jedaschultz
    jedaschultz Posts: 980 Member
    edited November 2020
    Username: jedaschultz
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    Week 3
    PW (Previous Weight): 204.6
    CW (Current Weight): 204

Steps:
    11/9 - 2067
    11/10 - 6188
    11/11 - 5671
    11/12 - 6582
    11/13 - 2829
    11/14 - 1623
    11/15 - 2447
    11/16 - 2528

Some good day and some not so much.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

@xX_PhoenixRising_Xx - gorgeous shot, I do miss walking by the sea, not been down to the coast in what feels like forever!

@goingape - oh no, need to get the kids told when it comes to cookies :D This is why I don't bake as not enough people to eat them so I'd end up scoffing the lot lol.

@Freeglerock - that quilt is just gorgeous (and so is the kitty!), some serious talent there! I adore homemade quilts, but sadly my sewing skills are non-existent.

@sleepymom5 - thank you for the kind words. Hope your power is back on soon!

@Cafelelia - thank you for the support x Oh dear, sounds like nasty weather over there! Glad you got some help to put the fence back up. I love your hygge tips, a reading nook sounds lovely. I actually put some of my cozy blankets through the laundry this week (def getting nippier here) so might make myself a snuggle fort lol.

Weigh in
    username - podperson1
    CW - 180.6

Little depressing to see a 180 again but know I was at least 182 last week so will take it I guess.

I do love the 5k walk idea. The weather has been atrocious here today though - torrential rain and gusty wind - so haven't braved the outdoors! The forecast is saying it supposed to clear a little tomorrow and then go nasty again Thursday so fingers crossed may be able to fit a walk in somewhere.
    Today has been an ok day, working from home so have kept busy (always helps some with the cravings) and food choices have been a lot better. Had a quite yummy Goan Tomato and Lentil soup for dinner with a plain tortilla wrap for dipping. It is def coming into soup weather :)
    Have still been rubbish on the exercise, not been sleeping great so feeling tired and unenergetic. Am going to attempt to psych myself up to do zoom zumba class tonight - haven't made it for a couple of weeks so it will probably kill me :D
    @lennoncpa - sorry, I realised I never dropped the link:
    https://www.facebook.com/Rosszumba
    is his page and the events and zoom links are all up on there. He does 7pm tues/thurs and 11am sat GMT
This discussion has been closed.