Nutritious November

Options

Replies

• ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Lulu!

Hope everyone is well.

Went to my WW meeting today and I'm up 3.5 lbs, which I attribute to losing my focus while distracted by other things.

But, I went (as our son said: Mom, that's what WW's is for!).

I'm going to make an appointment with an integrative medicine physician who has been in practice for 30 years. I'm just so darn tired all the time. It may be the election, it may just be aging, but I'm wondering if it might be some vitamin deficiency? No clue, but determined to get to the bottom of it.

My traditional physical came back perfectly...so nothing there in terms of B12, D deficiency, and my glucose is 73. I do take a multivitamin daily..so it is perplexing.

It may also be that between fracturing my arm/shoulder and COVID, and not being able to go to the gym that I'm just not strong any longer...

anyway, many options, but I'm getting to the bottom of this!
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Good morning, SPP! (special plant people)

Already hit Sprouts and home again...having second cuppa...and thinking about what to make to take to work...either veggie sandwich OR frozen Amy's. Decisions! Decisions!

Anyway...today's menu looks like this:

coffee
    celery juice*
    sandwich OR Amy's
    carrot/apple
    grapes
    sandwich OR Amy's
    Asian Pear with a bit of Miyokos Cream Cheese

Hope everyone has an amazing day.
  • magic71755
    Options
    *celery juice

It is not very good...not horrible but certainly not enjoyable. Easy to juice...but no more. Making Joe's Mean Green once this batch of celery is finished.

Joe's Mean Green:

kale
    celery
    cucumber
    apple
    ginger
    lemon

Joe's Mean Green...now THAT's the ticket! Later, mates. G'day!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Puppy progress...

Sally, mommy doggie, giving birth...started last night, kinda late. I got one update...two were out...and then the texts stopped. Nothing this morning. Boy are they tiny. Got one picture...kinda hard to tell what you're looking at...itty bitty, that's for sure. Shih Tzu

Will keep you updated.

• magic71755
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Oh my God!

Just went three rounds with F’in finance advisor at work!

Details tonight but I am shaking!

I am seething at this moment!

What a 🤮 face! PUKE
  • ShredWeek1
    Options
    Oh, shih tzus!

All dogs are adorable, but as a family who love shih tzus, nothing cuter than a shih tzu puppy!

Sorry things are stressful at work, Magic!

The weather here is amazing. My family has decided that they are going to join me in eating healthier (my husband still sees himself as the mountainclimber he was 30 years ago...but that was 40 lbs ago.)

Off to tidy up the garden and enjoy the sun.
  • magic71755
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I am five feet. He is 6’5 ish 350-on a good day ...

He came over to my desk and started yelling at me at my desk

I just pretended I was on the phone and then he walked into the managers office and told on me ...Seriously that big oaf told on me

I’ll tell you the details later but this is intimidation is what’s going on now he thinks he’s going to intimidate me

he hasn’t even been here two months three months tops I’ve been here five years

I am so livid right now and I was shaking so bad for a while I’m calmer now

I’m just glad I was able to come in here and sound off a little because I was so shaking really badly I didn’t cry though I didn’t cry

PS I did nothing to warrant this type of reactionary behavior from this fool
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,895 Member
    Options
    Magic, so happy for you getting a new pup. Sorry about the work issues. Seems like you always have people there who like to push you around.

Shred, your son's advice about that's what WW is for was very wise! Hope you enjoyed your outside time. It has been beautiful here this weekend too.

I've had a bit of a lazy day and should have got a lot more done. My legs and back were sore from cleaning and lots of trips up and down two flights of stairs with laundry yesterday so I spent a fair amount of time resting up today so I can feel better tomorrow when I have to be back in the office. Took some Aleve and that helped.

Really enjoyed my boca burger on Friday. It won't be more than an occasional treat, but was good. I am going to try making my own bean burgers and freezing them. I've made a few variations over the years that were pretty good. Engine 2 has a handy build a burger guide... https://plantstrong.com/plant-strong-recipes/top-engine-2-recipes-plant-strong-burgers

B - ezekiel english muffin with a smidge of PB
    L - skipped it
    D - salad (red and green leaf, beets, carrots, radishes) with miso ginger dressing, a pear
    S - a handful of cashews and raisins
  • ShredWeek1
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Magic: He sounds like a bully. And, probably very insecure. Hang in there! Grace under pressure always wins the day!

Oh, and I made 3 dinners this week using the Nava Atlas 5 ingredient vegan gourmet! I can handle 5 ingredients..6 would be pushing it. And, the family enjoyed them...so they aren't even aware that they are eating healthier which is the best!
  • magic71755
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Morning gang...well, I made it through alive. Thank you ever so much for all the words of support.

There are several people at work that have NO manners whatsoever.

I just thought to myself...geeeeeeeeez, this guy is someone's dad. Then thought back to my dad...how kind he was to everyone...and how NEVER EVER would he have spoken to someone at his office like this...

Shows what a horrible person this bully is. Sad ...just sad.

Today...

Juices and lots of veggies...going to really try and keep it super clean today, to get me on a good path for my weekend.

Once this batch of juice is finished, I am going to stop for awhile. Thought I would make Joe's Mean Green this weekend...but, no.

Enjoy your day everyone.
  • magic71755
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Thinking of filing a formal complaint against this guy.

I am going to talk to HR with closed door to get advice!

This guy is in no way my boss at all and he came out of his office and berated me in front of the entire dealership

there were no customers here

but he he needs to be put in his place and I need to file a grievance and you know what if there’s retribution then I’ll keep filing and fighting it
  • ShredWeek1
    Options
    Magic: I'm sorry you're experiencing this. I do think that some people simply can't control themselves. That ability to take a pause just never got hardwired into them.

Today I ran off the Aggressive Weight Loss Nutritarian Plan weekly sheet from the Hello Nutritarian website. My goal is to hit those targets (green, beans, fruit) every day and eschew processed foods. My calories aren't bad, but my nutrition...well, needs work.

• magic71755
    Options
    I went to my supervisor. She blamed me. I may be out of a job.

I am never late. I am never absent. I fix all the mistakes of the girl I work with...I got tired of telling her how to do stuff over and over. If they let me go, it will be chaos.

Sick to my stomach

Blood work tomorrow...and then Thursday meet with my oncologist to check out my knee and see if it is bone caner.

Life is sure fun.
  • magic71755
    edited November 2020
    Options
    I am on LINKEDIN...but having a hard time using it.

Saw a job for a receptionist at vet place...think I did send my resume, but not sure. Right now, I can't think...truly not sure how things could get worse.

Not sure when I will be back. Can't just come in here and cry all the time.

Love you guys.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday Evening,

Magic - I am so sorry for the problems at work. Have everything documented talk to HR. Find out about your legal rights. If they fire you over this guy's outburst when you have done nothing wrong then you are entitled to compensation. I would let them know you will pursue a legal opinion as you have been a good employee if they fire you. Negotiate a severance package and ask for a written recommendation for future employment. High 5 for not crying. Awesome about your puppy. Can't wait to see pics. Wishing you the best with your knee.

Shred: This is awesome: Oh, and I made 3 dinners this week using the Nava Atlas 5 ingredient vegan gourmet! I can handle 5 ingredients..6 would be pushing it. And, the family enjoyed them...so they aren't even aware that they are eating healthier which is the best!
    I think it is smart you are pursing your fatigue. I let mine go for months and my Hgb and iron were so low they wanted to transfuse me. I said no to blood but yes to iron transfusions. I have good days and bad days. Don't have a diagnosis why yet.

Mihani - I love Boca burgers. Let me know how your homemade burgers turn out. I looked at the website and it looked good. I think I would choose black beans & chick peas, quinoa, mushrooms & onions and garlic...

Had a beautiful walk today. Made my sweet potato & black bean soup that is yummy & vegan. Added poblano peppers and it gave it a nice kick.

B - Bran flakes, berries, nuts, seeds and almond milk
    L - Sweet potato & black bean soup with 1/2 an avocado
    D - Salad, roasted eggplant, red peppers, mushrooms and onions, 2 oz of Flounder
    S - 1/2 banana, multi seed rice crackers and tea 2 Dove dark chocolates
    E - Dog walk

Tomorrow making either a vegetable soup with chickpeas or blackbeans & lentils with veggies.

Ciao!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Well done on the cooking Shred. I love Hello Nutritarian! I have the power prep plan but only ever did the first week. It was just too much cooking for me. I may try it again this winter since I tend to want to cook more often when it's cold out.

Bisky, great day! I love black beans and sweet potato together.

Magic, that would be awesome to find a receptionist job at a veterinary office!

Yesterday was rough... tired and had the munchies. Had a few pretzels and a handful of skinny pop. Today I will be better prepared with cut up veggies, an apple and a pear.
  • magic71755
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!

At lab now...

But wanted to tell you that I called my supervisor last night...personal cell call

I still have a job!

But now I know how the game is played...

I will now be on best behavior ...

Do my job ...do it well and come home.

It’s funny...Lulu was especially 🥰 loving last night! Very clingy. Pets are so smart!

Thanks again! 💕🌸💕
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Hello, all!
    It is Tuesday, my super busy day. I just got back from a store run.
    I am so behind on MFP today, I thought I would squeeze in a hello, at least!

@magic71755 - It is hard to tell from here what's up at your job, but for sure most people are on edge right now. Maybe that's part of it? Being on best behavior sounds like a smart approach, and easier than job hunting right now. The guy's behavior sounds icky, but you sound smart to have called your boss and gotten clear on the game, as you say. And maybe, after a while, he'll figure out that with you, at least, civil discussion works. No telling, though. As @ShredWeek1 says, some people never get that pause and decompress thing wired in.

@bisky
    I am sorry no diagnosis yet, but hurray you for making smart decisions about how to best take care of yourself. (Blood transfusions are scary. The iron ones sound like a smart, less risky choice, and great to keep a focus on looking for the root cause.)

@Mihani I hope today is going better!
  • magic71755
    Options
    Morning dollies...

Today is going to be a good day...

Menu is ...

coffee
    celery juice
    salad, baked potato, air fried veggie patty
    carrot/apple juice
    soup...using better than bouillon vegan chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, rice noodles
    Asian pear with Miyokos cream cheese

• Mihani
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Magic, all your meals sound yummy. Hope your day went to plan and was good. How are the puppies doing?

Austin, hope you got all your busy Tuesday stuff done.

I may be a bit scarce the next week or so. Secretary is off and work is super busy as always. I hate answering the phone. Seriously hate it. I miss her already after today and she's gone through next week. Waaahhhh!

B - ezekiel toast with a smidge of PB
    L - big ol' salad
    D - baked tofu, brown rice, steamed veggies (buddha bowl style)