Options

Replies

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Good morning, plant-based friends!

@Mihani
    We'll miss you if you are quiet and totally understand. Work sounds like it will be much busier! Your "Waaahhhh!" made me sympathize and also smile a little bit and think of Peanuts. Hang in there!
    8doivyh6n29a.jpg

@magic71755 Your menu looks great, especially that soup!
    From the lack of work news, I am guessing things have calmed down. I sure hope so!

I have not made any soups for myself yet, but I will be making a soup for the guys today. I think it's about time to make myself that Eat Your Greens soup!
    https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/eat-your-greens-detox-soup-52697481
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday!

Mihani - what a bother to have to answer the phone while trying to get work done. How was your Buddha bowl?

Austin and Magic - it must be soup season. I made a delicious vegetable soup with Vegan Better than Boullion. I wanted to buy pre cut vegetables....sometimes I do but today was all about chopping. I had much energy yesterday...finally up to a 3 mile walk only to crash big time today. I am glad the dogs are quiet also and not begging for a walk.

Shred - how is the Aggressive Weight Loss Nutritarian Plan?

B - bran cereal, nuts, berries, seeds and almond milk, coffee
    L - big salad with veggies and beans
    D - vegetable soup, seed crackers and roasted green beans

s- vegetable soup
    E - getting off the couch periodically, making soup...folding clothes, maybe emptying dishwasher. Not a high energy day. I can't believe 2 years ago I was training for senior triathlons. :neutral:
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,763 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Greetings my dear plant people...

It's my weekend, so there has been no work news...go back tomorrow (work F - M)...with a smile on my face.

Today was doc appt with oncologist...blood work looks good but she is ordering Pet Scan. I had one in 2017...but now with a suspicious area in my knee...she wants a better idea of what is going on.

Juicing...NO MORE CELERY...I barely could get it down...but will continue with carrot/apple. Especially since all my blood work was so good...I kinda think that carrots are, well...I think a lot of carrots. LOL

Today's plan

coffee
    carrot apple
    veggie burger, salad, baked potato
    pistachios
    amy light plant based spaghetti with extra steamed brocc and carrots
    Asian pear and Miyokos cream cheese.

So much to read and catch up on...sorry for so little replies

...slept a lot this weekend...the thing at work took a LOT out of me...hoping to be back to normal energy by tomorrow.

Oh, and btw, I made it clear to my oncologist that I wanted all doctors to communicate. I was not happy with my ortho guy...just leaving me in the dark about what the MRI showed. Dr. B ... my oncologist, called for film and got it just as I was leaving. She will make things happen, hopefully!

FYI...bone cancer (ewings sarcoma) survivor 1998, 1/2 left clavicle removed.

Later, my sweet peas! <3

• magic71755
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Today

Coffee
    Carrot apple juice
    Grapes
    Amys frozen plant based meal with added steamed broccoli πŸ₯¦
    Asian pear with VIOLIFE feta
    Pomegranate arils
    Baked potato and salad after work

The end

Wishing my Plant Buddies a great day!
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,895 Member
    Options
    Hi Magic... glad to hear you sounding more chipper! Menu looks great. How are the puppies?

Ohhh... Austin the Eat Your Greens Soup yummmmm! I was making that almost weekly for a while but forgot about it. I need to make a batch very very soon. I am making lentil soup this weekend. My usual lentil soup is just a throw it together thing no recipe. Saute celery, carrot, onion, potato, then throw in lentils, veggie broth, spices, simmer and wilt in a bunch of greens at the end. So good. Will freeze in individual containers.

Tonight I'm making a real dinner. Whole wheat pasta and lots of veggies with a cashew "cream" sauce and a salad. I throw the veggies in with the pasta during the last few minutes of cooking so they get cooked just a bit. I prefer my veggies roasted for pasta, but I'm not feeling THAT ambitious. It has been a rough few days at work. The pasta will last me several days of dinners.

I have a bunch of green tomatoes a friend gave me and I'm going to oven bake them rather than making fried green tomatoes. I did a little googling and you can freeze them so I will do a batch. I got them last week and some are starting to turn a bit red so I need to get on it.

Other than that, not much going on my world. Lots of work to do this weekend as usual. I hope to do a lot of catching up so next week won't be so awful with no secretary. I hate answering the phone. Seriously... hate! I can't get to the more complicated work with all the interruptions.
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Happy Saturday!
    I am checking in before I go get to work on a project.

Magic, I hope you are having a calm day!

Mihani, your pasta and cashew cream dish sounds delicious. I have used the same trick as you, throweing the veggies ion to cook for a few with pasta. Such a lovely, easy way to make a quick and healthy meal! I hope it was grand! And your standard/pantry lentil soup sounds lovely.

My big cooking project so far this week was making bread, which my son loves. I made a honey oat bread, and the entire load was gone in a few hours.
  • ShredWeek1
    ShredWeek1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Evening Plant Family:

I was just thinking what interesting lives we are all leading! And, in interesting times as well!

The integrative medicine practice with our city's major teaching hospital has a many week wait but Monday I'm getting my paperwork in. I think that there are values within the "normal" range which my annual physical showed I have, and then there are optimal. I don't like feeling tired!

Magic: Puppies! How are they?

Mihani: I have worked with so many dysfunctional people that I'm always surprised when I work with someone who isn't. I meditate twice a day, work out, eat healthy...but I think a lot of people just don't have the time or interest in self-care and they process the stress in their life by acting out. I mean how many times do people have to get into violent road rage incidents...(but BIL is an expert) at this without realizing (as my BIL should) that spending 20 hours a day on a smartphone and drinking 12 cups of coffee a day (each with some sweet) will effect one's ability to maintain control.

But, happier times!

This week's self-reflection:

Back to WW in earnst, worked out 4x this week, today for a full hour (hurrah!). Got an armload of books from the library (Louise Penny!), am signing up for another writing class, and I started this week tracking my time..and how I spend it. Oh, my, so much wasted.

Take care, Lovelies!
  • magic71755
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Morning my sweet peas! peapodsmiles.gif

No word on the puppies...last I heard there were two, but she was still delivering...that was last Saturday. I have texted, but no reply.

Juice is gone...no more celery. But will make more carrot/apple this weekend. The added lemon and ginger is what makes it so good. Also, the BioChef vacuum sealer kept it fresh for 9 days. That's crazy.

Today's menu

coffee
    making almond milk as soon as I get done here...so oatmeal, blueberries, almond milk
    amy's frozen GF plant based meal
    pistachios
    baked potato, broccoli AND salad for dinner when I get home
    dessert...going to try and not have any

Love you guys...got to run.

Be well, stay warm...especially your feet on cold floors...wear slippers. Do not get a chill and no going outside with a wet head. I know, I sure sound like my mom...but I do believe that getting a chill lowers your immunity to all the stuff going around. So stay warm.

See ya! yayasisters.gif
  • Mihani
    Options
    Lots of work yesterday and didn't get around to making soup. Doubt I will today. I got up around 5 a.m. as usual, but I was so tired I went back to bed at 7:00 and slept for 3 hours. Now I feel sluggish and have a headache. Shouldn't have gone back to bed. I just set up my salads and made miso ginger dressing for the week. I think that's my current favorite dressing. I will add chickpeas to my salads unless I can find some edamame in the freezer.

Visited with family yesterday... properly socially distanced but it felt good to see people even though there are no hugs anymore.

Gotta eat lunch and get up to my desk. Still a whole lot of work to do!
  • ShredWeek1
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Plant Family:

I just finished reading a book about "time blocking", the simple idea being setting aside a specific amount of time each day to focus on one task...so this a.m. was a time block for meal prep...oh, my, I thought I never would get out of that kitchen.

But, now I have enough food prepped for two days and stacked on the shelf I appropriated.

Take care, my lovelies!
  • magic71755
    edited November 2020
    Options
    So here I am at work listening to people talk about their diet one girl is on keto and she’s ready to pass out I just sit there and listen

If you’re ready to pass out because of your diet, then possibly it’s probably not a great diet!

But boy do they boast of how many pounds they have lost...meanwhile they don’t feel well and whatever they’re doing to their bodies is not great. Obviously πŸ™„!

Plant strong my dear friends plant strong!
    πŸ₯¦πŸπŸŽπŸπŸŠπŸ‹πŸˆπŸ“πŸ‡πŸ‰πŸŒπŸ’πŸ₯πŸ‘πŸ…πŸ₯­πŸ†πŸπŸ₯‘πŸ₯₯πŸ₯¦πŸ₯•πŸŒ½πŸŒΆπŸ₯’πŸ₯¬πŸ§„πŸ§…πŸ₯”πŸ 

Just a sidenote is how I’m feeling since I’ve stopped gluten completely...I am feeling really well and I’m sleeping so much better! Definitely helps relieve some of my knee joint pain.

🌸🌸🌸
  • magic71755
    Options
    Ok...so the reason she is not feeling well, according to this goof that thinks he is doctor next to me...

her body is "eating" itself since she is not eating carbohydrates...

LOVELY!

So he asked her what she had for breakfast...BACON she replied. THAT's great, he said.

Meanwhile, I am enjoying raw GF organic oats, homemade almond milk and organic frozen blueberries. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good...I forgot how good. Added a touch of salt to give it more flavor.

I never said a word. The end.
  • magic71755
    Options
    Great food day...just about an hour to go ...then it is my Friday Eve...

Tuesday hair cut...it's been three months...I usually go every five/six weeks...so looking forward to this.

Wednesday, 8am PETSCAN...no coffee...until AFTER. Think I will stop and get coffee OUT, for a reward. It's about 20 minutes.

That's all I have. The rest of the time is mine.

Wishing all of you a good evening...peaceful. over and out good buddies!
  • magic71755
    Options
    rally.gif

coffee
    oatmeal, blueberries, almond milk
    frozen Amy's GF plant based meal
    steamed broccoli and bitchin sauce dip
    potato, salad, veggie burger

Asian Pear and Violife feta

tribal2.gif

peaceout people_squirt.gif
  • magic71755
    Options
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5882206/

I think I need to watch this again...What's With Wheat...it's on Amazon Prime.
  • bisky
    Options
    Happy Monday. The chance to start a new wonderful week!

Busy weekend. It was over way to fast. We went on a 3 mile walk yesterday with a little uphill then had a picnic. Second 3 mile walk since I was sick and I feel good today. Hopefully the exhaustion will stay away.

We made a soup with vegan broth onion, carrots, celery, sweet potatoes, poblano chilis and vegan chorizo over the weekend. Brooks did most of the chopping for me. It was good so we have that for the week and then need to make vegan roasted vegetable soup out of butternut squash, parsnips, onion, carrots and leeks. At the end of the week I want to make a curried soup with garbanzo beans, egg plant, etc. Need to find a recipe. Next weekend I am going to get the ingredients and make the Eat Your Greens soup.

I wanted something very simple last night after all the chopping and soup making. Water sautΓ©ed mushrooms and chopped kale separately then put them together with pine nuts, salt and pepper. Would have been good with Banza pasta but to tired and hungry.

B - bran with berries, seeds and nuts
    L - Soup
    D- chickpea pasta with mushrooms and spinach
    S - seed bread with almond butter
    E- short bike ride, short walk with dogs
  • ShredWeek1
    Options
    Happy Monday, Plant Family:

One of the gifts of this time is the time to experiment and tonight I'm making spicy tofu with broccoli over pad thai rice noodles. So, we'll see how that goes!

This week I'm working on the following:

Musically: Working on the 1st movement of Beethoven's first piano sonata, the Bach Aria to the Goldberg Variations and this lush Scriabin prelude. I'm taking lessons over Zoom and I'm still trying to figure it out.

Personally: Finishing up the creative nonfiction writing class, and signing up for the second one.

Professionally: Working on a new website.

The news that there are two vaccines which appear to be highly effective just make me feel so optimisitc!
  • AustinRuadhain
    Options
    Happy Monday, Plant Friends!

Shred, spicy tofu with broccoli over pad thai rice noodles sounds delicious! Let us know how it goes! And all your creative work sounds amazing! You sound so very productive!

Bisky, howdy! A curried soup with garbanzo beans and egg plant sounds inspired! I may try that!

Magic, you sound like things are good. I hope you get puppy news soon!
  • Mihani
    Options
    Mornin' All... lots to catch up on.

Shred, very cool pursuing so many interests and keeping busy during Covid.

Magic, glad to hear you are feeling better and hope you enjoy your days off.

Bisky, soup sounds wonderful. I love making soups because they are so forgiving and you can play with spices and ingredients.

Austin, staying busy as usual?

Yesterday was a good day. I am trying to get my minimum 13 hour fast between dinner and breakfast the next day. Dr. F recommends this so your body stays in catabolic stage for longer periods. I had got in the habit of eating breakfast right away but yesterday I packed up my oats and ate at 10 a.m.

Today's plan is same as yesterday.
    B - oats with blueberries, chia seeds, 1/3 cup almond milk (I usually just use water but opened a container of almond milk for a recipe this weekend and will use up what I can)
    L - Dr. McD soup, apple with about a tablespoon of natural PB
    D - big ol' salad with chickpeas and ginger miso dressing, a slice of toast with a smidge of earth balance

Super busy with work with no secretary this week, but trying to maintain positive attitude. Not always easy!
  • bisky
    Options
    Good Morning -

Shred - I love listening to the Bach piano Goldberg variations by Glenn Gould. Amazing discipline and concentration you must have to play. I wish I had kept my Mother's albums. I love listening to the piano...anything classical, Elton John, George Winston, etc. The last concert we went to was George Winston in San Antonio in February. So tired of Covid and I hope this vaccine is effective, safe and available yesterday. How was the spicy tofu and broccoli ?

Austin - I am still looking for a good curry + eggplant and chickpea recipe that does not call for coconut milk. I am afraid of substituting almond or cashew milk.

Majic - have you received your test results? Sending positive thoughts your way.

Mihani - I was reading about fasting in Dr. F's latest book. There is a lot of positives and I find I eat less when I don't have breakfast right away.

I made banana, applesauce, oatmeal, carob chip cookies yesterday. No added sugar. Good for sugar cravings.

B - bran cereal, berries, nuts.
    L - Roasted vegetables and salad or soup
    D - grilled catfish, green beans and mushrooms.
    S - banana cookies

E - dog walk