This November I Will ...

Options

Replies

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Coming Attraction: more I Wills, I hope!!!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    nebslp wrote: Β»
    @MadisonMolly2017 and PKM0515 😊
    @PKM0515 I think I will also post here daily for accountability as well. 3 min in workout room before noon= πŸ’ͺ🏻. I made a tracker that has daily, 3x/week, and 1x/week goals but it’s a bit much so I won’t post that right now. I used to feel like I didn’t get anything done, too. Keeping track pushed me to do so much more than I ever thought possible. It didn’t happen overnight, but now my days are more productive.

@goingape I think it’s starting to snowball for you already! Putting a sticker in your journal when meeting your new goal will reinforce your first one of writing every day😍 Great way to link them up!

@77tes what a great way to start your day! It will set the tone for whatever comes later. What about putting a picture of something/someone you love on your alarm and changing it out once in awhile?

@MadisonMolly2017 That picture is awesome!!! I didn’t realize photography was part of your artistic interests as well as mixed media, etc. That made me πŸ˜ƒ.

November might be a tough month. My daughter and I are planning Zoom craft days with the kids (thank you for the idea, Maddie) to soften the blow of not having a traditional holiday. We have to find creative ways to stay connected during this social distancing time.

@nebslp wow, thank you, for your thoughts & comments.
    I haven’t really thought of photography as a skill of mine, but your comment made me reflect & realize my iPhone has been a”game changer” & A class I’m taking has a photography component, so now I do recognize that as an art form of mine. What it lacks is the hands-on, non-digital aspect, but I have decided to broaden what I consider as β€œMaking Art” I love growth!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    My November plan:
    I looked over the things I track. I honestly asked myself if each one was an entrenched habit. I was left with 4 to practice to make more automatic.
    G= guided meditations πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ
    R= written reflections on my art (and sometimes emotions/day to day activities too) pen✍️
    A= artmaking πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨
    C= chat πŸ‘­
    and I added E, exercise, πŸ₯Ύ although already a habit to spell GRACE.

Just realized CHARM would be better
    chatting, hiking, artmaking, reflecting , meditating
    πŸ“žπŸ₯ΎπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨βœοΈ πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ
    Because these 5 things work like a charm for me ❀️

Nov 1 πŸ“žπŸ₯ΎπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨βœοΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ
    0πŸ“žSon
    0πŸ₯Ύ-bay
    0πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨ sorting nature collection (class) & πŸ“Έ,
    1✍️yes
    5πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈyes (didn’t want to, but felt that deep inner alert, yet calm feeling, relaxed around the eyes) THAT is my reward for pushing through to meditate.)Resistance was high because 1) there were other things I wanted to do & 2) I’m taking a 40 day class & my mind decided it didn’t like this topic (difficult emotions) but it was great. Moksha- I am emotionally free led to great realizations I am creatively free too. I am free.)

Decided I will rate my resistance (hurdle)or willpower needed to do the item β€” as my goal is to get that to 0, ie automatic

Nov 2
    Nov 3
    Nov 4
    Nov 5
    Nov 6
    Nov 7
  • nebslp
    Options
    @MadisonMolly2017 You're off to a good start! Resistence can be a real issue but you'll work through it, I'm sure.

@SummerSkier Gorgeous keepworthy pictures! Do you always know the names? They look like 3 differnt kinds. Keeping up will be much easier than catching up with your photo storage (don't ask how I know this:O ) AND I found an old film canister that had 3 more marbles in so I'm gathering my goodies and I'm willing to share. Sometimes I'd like to see inside those little brains (gkids) that put them there so I can understand the logic.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Checking in.

1. My goal(s) for this month
    a. strive to be clutter free on a daily basis
    b. continue my goal of an extra workout, however small, besides just walking
    c. finding balance in my day. I find that I tend to focus on one thing and put off other things. My life is quite out of balance I am realizing. I am not sure how I fix this but a first step is becoming more aware.

2. My actions I'll be taking to accomplish this is to set up a tracker just for these things and keep it simple. And to use bright colors to track. I enjoyed looking at everyone's else's brightly colored trackers. There is something very satisfying about seeing all the colors. I also have a morning reminder planned as I start my day.

3. I will strive to complete my goals daily but will still be proud of myself if I achieve them just part of the time knowing that I am making forward progress.

4. Having encouragement and learning from others is terrific support.

5. Success is checking in from time to time and reporting forward progress and making through all of November.

Maddie, I will look into BF Fogg. This group is always sharing great resources.

@nebslp I love your goal for the month. I may copy that on the days when I want to do a weight workout but not really... If I move myself toward a barbell, who knows what might happen!!! I really do love this idea.

This is looking like a terrific month with everyone's goals. I am very inspired. Happy November.
  • goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I haven’t checked in for a day or so and I see there is lots of activity!

No worries on the accidental disagree! I think that button is in a bad place ! I appreciate everyone being so kind.

@znaoiec i like your goal of being clutter free. I think I will have to do a spin on that for next month and that would be to have no clutter on the kitchen table.
  • nebslp
    Options
    Nov 1 πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 2 πŸ’ͺ🏻
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    My November plan:
    I looked over the things I track. I honestly asked myself if each one was an entrenched habit. I was left with 4 to practice to make more automatic.

Just realized CHARM would be better
    chatting, hiking, artmaking, reflecting , meditating
    πŸ“žπŸ₯ΎπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨βœοΈ πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ
    Because these 5 things work like a charm for me ❀️

Nov 1 πŸ“žπŸ₯ΎπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨βœοΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ
    0πŸ“žson
    0πŸ₯Ύbay
    0πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨ sorting nature collection (class) & πŸ“Έ,
    1✍️yes
    5πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈyes

Nov 2 πŸ“žπŸ₯ΎπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨βœοΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ₯£
    0πŸ“žHusband on a drive
    0πŸ₯Ύto town & back
    0πŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨ collecting, sorting, arranging & πŸ“Έ nature items. Prepared space to paint & collage tomorrow. Will make sure art space is set up at night, so easier to jump in the next day.
    0✍️yes
    1πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈyes, peace meditation.
    0 πŸ₯£ began daily oatmeal per doctor
    Going to figure out potassium next week.

Nov 3
    Nov 4
    Nov 5
    Nov 6
    Nov 7
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    @nebslp, I love the idea of Zoom craft days!

11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 😞, L 🌟

I was very anxious and didn't eat anything until after 5. Missed my blood pressure med and one Metformin.
  • nebslp
    Options
    @znaoiec The good thing about trackers is seeing the progress. The first month you get a baseline and then try to improve. I consider 70% a passing grade so anything above that is gravy. Under means I need to try a bit harder. I created one that I may post at the end of the month, and I definitely agree there is something about making it colorful that is encouraging. AND thanks for your comments. Feel free to copy anytime! I can tell by not pushing myself to do something that I resist and just putting myself in that space, I am becoming drawn to that location.

@goingape Check out the Declutterfest with a Twist thread if you haven't already. Last month (or 2) there was lots of talk about taming the Paper Tiger, and @texasgardnr can tell you all about getting and keeping that table cleared off! You will find encouragement there.

@MadisonMolly2017 I think your I Will is CHARMing! Sounds great! I didn't realize oatmeal could make that much difference in bringing down cholesterol. My daughter makes those overnight oatmeal breakfasts. I'll have to check with her for some recipes.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @PKM0515 it sounds like the reason you don't take your medications consistently is that they are required to be taken with food yet your anxiety makes the thought of eating unbearable. So we have to put our heads together and find SOMETHING which would entice you to eat regardless of how anxious you are and then you could take your meds with that? Honestly I have an addiction to Yasso and Enlightened ice cream bars ...... And hey no one ever told me that ice cream for any meal was a problem? right? I can also remember when I was feeling nauseated that crackers and peanut butter helped a lot to soothe and coat my stomach. Or even peanut butter crackers. Not that we want to make food our reward but perhaps there is something which you really can barely resist that you could eat on those days where all the voices are yelling in your brain at one time? (and boy do I get that sometimes in the middle of the night!!!)

hugs

@MadisonMolly2017 are you doing CHARM or GRACE this month? I think it is ingenious of you to mark the items with the difficulty/resistance you feel towards doing them. And the oatmeal DOES work. At least it did for me several years ago. Not so much last year for some reason but maybe once it gets cold again I will go back to it.

@nebslp you are sitting on your equipment right for 5 minutes to get used to the idea of using it? What a perfectly wonderful way to build up to other type habits.

this morning I realized while filing my January 2020 photos that I needed another folder to my runs! So I think I get a gold star today for not only filing yesterday but going back to January and working on an entire past month.

11/1 B)
    11/2 B)
    11/3 B)
  • nebslp
    Options
    @PKM0515 I hope you're feeling less anxious today (although this is not exactly a day when people are feeling less anxious in general :# ). You did succeed 3/4 times, so that's good. Take care of yourself :)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Thank you, @SummerSkier and @nebslp! I am NOT recommending this, but I decided to just take my medicine without food this morning, and I didn't notice any issues. (I ate something around 1:30 today.)

You gave me a great idea, @SummerSkier. I think I will by some Yasso or Enlightened bars. I never considered having them for breakfast, but why not? πŸ’•
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Hey everyone, looks like I am really late to this month's I Will party. I've caught up on reading all the posts but need to pass on the commenting, although I'd love to. All the various 'I Wills' are so inspiring once again.

My I Will this month will also be intertwined with my posting on the Declutterfest 2020

1. My goal for this month: I will continuing working on taming my buddy Paper Tiger 🐯. Mostly I am focusing on his known home: the File Cabinet, and his not so secret hideout: the Banker Box. For a little diversion I will also give some time to discovering those additional places where he has become nearly (🌿🐯🌳) invisible.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal: I will decide the night before which which file or folder or space that I will start with in the morning. I will write it on the clip board.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit: I will begin first thing after I have made my cup of tea while straightening up the kitchen. Or after I start the laundry after the kitchen is straightened up.
    4. How often will you do your new habit: 5-6 times a week.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit: smile as P. Tiger grows steadily smaller.
    6. What help do you need from us? Just don't let me lose my marbles as I undertake this sometimes stressful, sometimes overwhelming endeavor.
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of this month: We will only have papers that are important, and can find them easily. And the file cabinet will look attractive once again, and not stuffed full any more. The banker box will have another use, and the space around the file cabinet will be clear once again. The nearly invisible hiding places that Paper Tiger has discovered will become much less inviting for paper to remain there comfortably.

Thanks everyone πŸ’–

🀠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    November 1: Sunday/ Funday
    November 2: 🐯 (about half of the 'chair pile')
    November 3: 🐯 (more of the 'chair pile')

🀠🌺
  • PKM0515
    Options
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 😞, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟

Thanks for the support and suggestions! πŸ’•
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: Β»
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 😞, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟

Thanks for the support and suggestions! πŸ’•

YAY!!!!!! πŸ’ž well done!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    still working on photos. It's actually kind of fun going back a year ago and filing them. I can't wait to do Nov 2019

11/1B)
    11/2B)
    11/3B)
    11.4 B)
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,351 Member
    Options
    Always late to the party....someday that will be my goal! To log in and set my goal on the 1st of each month. LOL

I like how you set up the various pages for habits, chatting, decluttering and Monday Move Its! This is nice.
    There are so many ideas on here that I would love to comment on, but I have a ton to get done yet today!

🍏 It's a brand new month! What's your favorite part of November? I love the crisp autumn air that isn't freezing yet but not too hot for me to go for walks outside. I don't do well in the heat!

What healthy habit would you like to work on this month? Drinking 64+ oz of water daily

1. My goal for this month (This November I will...") drink at least 64 oz of water daily.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal I will fill 2 quart jars with water immediately after pouring my first cup of coffee in the morning.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit Seeing the 2 quart jars on the counter will remind me to take a drink out of them. My goal is to drink them before dinner, but by 7pm at the latest.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will put a sticker on the tracker in my journal
    6. What help do you need from us? Just be you!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of November? Success would mean I am drinking those two quart jars without having to chug it all at the end. My fingers and ankles will be less puffy.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Short form for tiny habits:
    AFTER I pour my first cup of coffee
    I WILL fill two 1-quart jars with water and place on kitchen counter

November:
    1: πŸ₯€
    2: πŸ₯€
    3: πŸ₯€
    4: πŸ₯€
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:

1 urge, 1 choice, 1 change and 1 pound at a time, I will take back my life! :)