Options

Replies

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    nebslp wrote: Β»
    Nov 1 πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 2. πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 3. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Dusted off weider pro machine and bike and created a dust cloud 😲
    Nov 4. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Grabbed a wet rag and washed off remaining dust from weider pro. 🧽
    Nov 5. Left early and never gave it one thought until I got home at 5PM. Definitely not a habit yet🀣
    Nov 6. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Washed bike, rebounder, and punching bag. It’s all ready to go whenever I amπŸ™‚
    Nov 7 πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 8. πŸ’ͺ🏻 10 lat pull downs and I noticed the weights were sticking a little. Poles are sticky so will figure
    out what to do about that. 🀞the manual will tell me.

πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ†πŸ₯‡πŸŽˆπŸŽŠ
    Fantastically inspiring @nebslp ❣️
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,965 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/6/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟 (good with all morning meds, but missed one evening pill)
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Checking in!
    Nov 1 Grace: Guided meditation, reflection, artmaking, chat, exercise
    Nov 2 GraceO (added Oatmeal)
    Nov 3-6 Cl GraceO. (Added Cleaning)
    Nov 7-8 Cl Grace OR. (Added Reading)
    Nov 9

Will add protein back in if I don’t inch it down over next 3-7 days!

This is going well. Fills my days & evenings with the things I love and/or improves my health.

How goes it with you?!! 😁
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Looks like everyone is doing fairly well so far this month!

Love the GRACE idea. An easy reminder for sure.
    And @77tes good on you for getting the essays done even if you were not keeping up with everything that is a big weight lifted I am sure.

I am still having a blast sorting and filing the photos and favoriting them. Some days I pick a month and others I do the current day. It seems a sort of random effort but I don't really mind. Lots of memories and a good reminder (I did Feb 2020) this year of how quickly we start to get spring here in Tx.

@nebslp it appears as tho not only are you sitting and cleaning on your equipement but you are using it some. I have no idea what glitch you are talking about but when I used to go to the gym if the little key was not put in correctly I remember some of the weights would "stick". Probably nothing at all to do with what you are talking about tho.

Now I am eyeing my yard and thinking there is going to be leaf raking in my future this week... My dogwood is almost done shedding and that is it for the front yard. My side yard gets a TON of leaves from a neighbor's yard so normally I will push them a little bit. LOL.

Summercheckin
  • PKM0515
    Options
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/9/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,970 Member
    Options
    Boo hoo! I wrote a big response, and lost it. 😒
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: Β»
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/9/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟

@PKM0515
    I see a longest streak coming up!! Go! Go! Go! πŸ’ž
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options

Nov 1 Grace: Guided meditation, reflection, artmaking, chat, exerciseπŸŽ‰
    Nov 2 GraceO (added Oatmeal)πŸŽ‰
    Nov 3-6 Cl GraceO. (Added Cleaning)πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
    Nov 7-8 Cl Grace OR. (Added Reading)πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
    Nov 9 Cl Grace OR πŸŽ‰

Had a bit of a rough time earlier today - not quite sure why... but I re-read one of Pema Chodron’s books & gained a great insight.
    When we feel bad, we often try to run from it because - especially Westerners - think it means we did something wrong or failed.

She recommends paying attention to what we say to ourselves at this time. My comments to myself were not so good, I will admit. (Rare for me, but again I hadn’t felt like this for a LoNG time.)

Then saying β€œLook, I know these are really painful feelings, but you did nothing wrong.”

You are worthy.
    You are loved.
    You did nothing wrong.

Amazing how it helps not to run from the feelings but rather observe them wiling curiosity & to remind ourselves we did nothing wrong. We are human.

Just as exercising, eating well, and all the habits we are forming week by week, that get easier each week... the way we handle painful feelings can be similarly improved over time.

Sharing as it helped me a lot, and perhaps some small part of it will help another...

Grateful for you all, πŸ’ž
    Maddie
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    @77tes YaY for you that your students' second essays are finished being graded! You are always so creative in ways to personalize your tracker!! Headaches certainly make doing what we want to do difficult πŸ’–πŸŒΉ .

@nebslp I like how hanging out in your exercise area is drawing you in to do a bit here, and sit over there, and dust off this or that one! Awesome!!

@MadisonMolly2017 I really like how you are starting to make an acronym to organize your tracker. Nice!!

@SummerSkier You are doing great, as well as having a lot of fun, filing and sorting your photos.

@PKM0515 you're having an amazing 'taking your meds' streak!!

My goal for this month: I will continuing working on taming my buddy Paper Tiger 🐯. Mostly I am focusing on his known home: the File Cabinet, and his not so secret hideout: the Banker Box. For a little diversion I will also give some time to discovering those additional places where he has become nearly (🌿🐯🌳) invisible.

November 1: Sunday/ Funday
    November 2: 🐯 about half of the 'chair pile'
    November 3: 🐯 more of the 'chair pile'
    November 4: 🌿🐯🌳 nearly invisible paper found in top drawer
    November 5: 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous paper & mail. Boxes when I put product into containers.
    November 6: 🐯 file cabinet: user manuals, 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous papers/ mail.

November 7 & 8 Quiet restful weekend
    November 9: 🐯 more of the 'chair pile', 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous papers/ mail.

🀠🌺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    nebslp wrote: Β»
    Hi! Just a quick pop in to say I may be MIA the rest of today. We had a major ice storm last night and our place looks a bit like a war zone with all the huge tree branches we lost. Oh, my beautiful sycamore tree :'( and we don't have power right now. We are using a generator to warm up the house so I am able to check in now but will be shutting it off soon. I'm charging everything up so I will be able to work on pictures on my laptop, and I should be able to get some decluttering done so not a wasted day. You are all doing amazing things and I'll write more when we have a more reliable source of electricity.

So sorry to hear this @nebslp. Our thoughts are with you guys. ❀️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Nov 1 Grace: Guided meditation, reflection, artmaking, chat, exercise
    πŸŽ‰
    Nov 2 GraceO (added Oatmeal)
    πŸŽ‰
    Nov 3-6 Cl GraceO. (Added Cleaning)
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
    Nov 7-10. Cl GraceOR. (Added Reading)
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

10/10 Reading is cutting screen time!!
  • PKM0515
    Options
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/9/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/10/20 = M 🌟 (not sure I'm going to keep going with the "L" part)

Thanks for all the support! πŸ˜ƒ

• 77tes
    Options
    @nebslp, I hope the weather is better and that your sycamore will be okay. I love those trees.

I figured out a reminder for my morning gratitude habit. I taped a note to the mirror that sits son my bedside table. It’s big enough that I can see it without my glasses.2azcwawdo05c.jpeg
  • 77tes
    Options
    @PKM0515 , what was the L goal? If it isn’t working for you, there is no shame in dumping it.

@MadisonMolly2017 , love the acronym GRACE!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    77tes wrote: Β»
    @nebslp, I hope the weather is better and that your sycamore will be okay. I love those trees.

I figured out a reminder for my morning gratitude habit. I taped a note to the mirror that sits son my bedside table. It’s big enough that I can see it without my glasses.2azcwawdo05c.jpeg

@77tes

I LOVE this!!
    Maddie
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    @nebslp ice storms SO SUCK!!! We always get power outages because the live oaks have all their leaves all winter long. It breaks my heart to hear the limbs breaking. I hope you have gotten power back and the ice is melting already. Lucky you have the generator!

@77tes that's brilliant! I love putting things in big letters IN MY FACE also.

@PKM0515 you are doing incredibly well!! I think you were going to keep a list of all your accomplishments on your planner each day so that u did not feel like you were not getting anything done. I like doing that also. Sometimes things just "happen".

today on a zoom call my cat decided to jump up on the ledge over the kitchen sinks and turn over a vase which was half full of water. In trying to get the vase upright and in her speedy departure, I think it must have sounded like WWIII at my house. So that was a bit of cleaning and decluttering which happened spontaneously.. sigh.

Photo favoriting and filing is still going on. Hopefully it will cement in to being a habit...

@texasgardnr you are slaying that paper tiger this month!! wow.

One benefit of working from home I am finding with the time change is that I can leave 30 minutes earlier for the barn and have more daylight time to ride. In the past as soon as the time changed I was really stuck with no daylight left after work.

@MadisonMolly2017 how is the oatmeal and protein habit coming along? I really have a hard time with hot cereal in the summertime here but usually I can get into the habit in the winter no problem. I add a few frozen blueberries and it really livens up the flavor.

And look at this beauty I found to keep my hands warm as the weather has a chill in the morning! (for jogging/walking/riding) esp since I apparently now have a finger that gets numb easily,

eyyfig786to0.png
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Nov 1 πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 2. πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 3. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Dusted off weider pro machine and bike and created a dust cloud 😲
    Nov 4. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Grabbed a wet rag and washed off remaining dust from weider pro. 🧽
    Nov 5. Left early and never gave it one thought until I got home at 5PM. Definitely not a habit yet🀣
    Nov 6. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Washed bike, rebounder, and punching bag. It’s all ready to go whenever I amπŸ™‚
    Nov 7 πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 8. πŸ’ͺ🏻 10 lat pull downs and I noticed the weights were sticking a little. Poles are sticky so will figure
    out what to do about that. 🀞the manual will tell me.
    Nov 9. πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov.10. πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 11. πŸ’ͺ🏻. πŸ‹οΈ (strength training), 🚲 (bike), πŸšΆβ€β™€οΈ (walk)

@SummerSkier The poles are what the weight plates ride on going up and down. I will call the company to ask about cleaning the old grease off and getting new grease.
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your thoughts during/after our mini crisis. My son came and helped clean up the huge branches today. Still some hanging way up high😬. Power lines had pulled off the poles at our house when branches fell on the lines and it took until this afternoon to get that fixed.

I’m impressed with all of your success!
    Love the mirror @77tes ❣️ @SummerSkier the sound of breaking branches is horrible. I slept through most of it but it went on during the morning.
    Will check in again tomorrow and catch up with y’all.

• znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,988 Member
    Options
    Checking in…

Progress has been about 60% on my goals but I am still happy. On the plus side, I have really focused on logging my food, being under on calories and completing my circles on my Apple watch daily. This is where a lot of my β€˜good habit’ energy has been focused recently. I am being rewarded by seeing the scale go down after months of seeing it go in the wrong direction so I am content.

@nebslp I continue to follow in your footsteps of simply moving myself in the direction of something with a very minimal goal in mind. I am finding this really helpful. Little bits make a difference. Sorry to hear about your storm.

Good work everyone on building healthy habits! There is a lot of forward progress and energy here. I love what everyone is posting and continue to be inspired with new ideas.

Waving hello to all!