• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/6/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟 (good with all morning meds, but missed one evening pill)
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/9/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/10/20 = M 🌟 (not sure I'm going to keep going with the "L" part)
    11/11/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/12/20 = M 🌟
    11/13/20 = M 🌟
    11/14/20 = M 🌟
    11/15/20 = M 🌟
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,030 Member
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: Β»
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/9/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/11/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/12/20 = M 🌟
    11/13/20 = M 🌟
    11/14/20 = M 🌟
    11/15/20 = M 🌟

WOW ❣️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Nov 1 GRACE:
    Guided meditation
    Reflection
    Artmaking
    Chat
    Exercise
    πŸŽ‰

Nov 2 GRACEπŸ₯£
    Added πŸ₯£ Oatmeal
    πŸŽ‰

Nov 3-6 🧹GRACEπŸ₯£
    Added 🧹Cleaning
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Nov 7-14 🧹GRACEπŸ₯£πŸ“–
    Added πŸ“– Reading
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Added 25 Modified πŸ’ͺ🏻push-ups: Nov 12, 14, 15
    πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻

πŸ“– Reading is cutting my screen time!! And my sleep hours πŸ’€ are great, and increasing!

We get to create the life we love ❀️ !
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Nov 1 GRACE:
    Guided meditation
    Reflection
    Artmaking
    Chat
    Exercise
    πŸŽ‰

Nov 2 GRACEπŸ₯£
    Added πŸ₯£ Oatmeal
    πŸŽ‰

Nov 3-6 🧹GRACEπŸ₯£
    Added 🧹Cleaning
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Nov 7-14 🧹GRACEπŸ₯£πŸ“–
    Added πŸ“– Reading

Added 25 Modified πŸ’ͺ🏻push-ups: Nov 12, 14, 15
    πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻

πŸ“– Reading is cutting my screen time!! And my sleep hours πŸ’€ are great, and increasing!

I love this! You are doing so well with your goals. πŸ’–

Thanks for all your encouragement. Posting every day and seeing the gold stars seems to be helping.

@goingape, nice work! πŸ’ͺ
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Looks like our Nov team is WINNING this month!! So glad to see all the updates.

I am proud to report that my little habit from last month to do a small weights workout after my walks has really become grounded and it's quite easy to do and takes just a few moments. My photos continue to be fun to sort and favorite. I use Time Machine backup to an external hard drive. Which reminds me to plug it in again as my kitty likes to unplug it.

I found the barley article interesting also. I like it but it also has a lot more calories then oatmeal and looks like it might take longer to cook. So tradeoffs.

And of course it's never to late to start tiny habits. I am really bad about procrastinating because well. Monday. Or Dec 1, or Jan 1 or etc.. but honestly the best mantra is "today is the day!" at least for me.

summer

PS havent been able to post much lately as still looking for that missing black running sock.... just sayin'
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    goingape wrote: Β»
    Thanks for the encouragement pals. You are all so giving. πŸ₯° I just finished catching up on posts...so many awesome accomplishments.

I have good news to report and I did get weightlifting in every other day during the past week.

Hoping this week is just as successful!

Wherever you may be, I hope this upcoming week keeps you safe, healthy and crushing those goals.

I’m finishing off my night with a bit of journaling.

Cheers !

@goingape
    That is wonderful news! You can do it this week, too. Just be kind to yourself. I believe that is the key...

If tired, you can do 1/2 Monday & 1/2 Tuesday.

Congratulations on achieving the hardest part: beginning!!!!

πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Nov 1 GRACE:
    Guided meditation
    Reflection
    Artmaking
    Chat
    Exercise
    πŸŽ‰

Nov 2 GRACEπŸ₯£
    Added πŸ₯£ Oatmeal
    πŸŽ‰

Nov 3-6 🧹GRACEπŸ₯£
    Added 🧹Cleaning
    πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Nov 7-13 🧹GRACEπŸ₯£πŸ“–
    Added πŸ“– Reading

Added 25 Modified πŸ’ͺ🏻push-ups: Nov 12,

Nov 14, 15 🧹GRACE πŸ₯£πŸ“–πŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ’€

I love this! You are doing so well with your goals. πŸ’–

Thanks for all your encouragement. Posting every day and seeing the gold stars seems to be helping.

@goingape, nice work! πŸ’ͺ

Thank you @PKM0515
    I’ve been a member of this group & NOOM (3 years+) for a long time.

The tiny habit approach combined with self-kindness works well for me & is now snowballing into a whole new way of living & how I treat myself more lovingly.

The funny thing is when I began all this 1/1/16, I thought routines & habits were horrible. LOL

I’ve retained some of this attitude. As long as I do what I’ve committed to myself I would, I can do it any time of the day. Hahaha!

Gotta know yourself, I guess❣️

So glad you @ @goingape have joined us!
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    @goingape Yay for meeting your goal last week! I'm sure you'll do just as well this week.

@MadisonMolly2017 You're getting lots accomplished with your GRACE! And yes, we certainly do create our own lives <3

@SummerSkier It sounds like you found the right trigger for your habit. Awesome!!! Is the Time Machine backup on your phone? I've never heard of that one. Of course when you have an old relic of a phone (like me) you miss lots of new perks, I'm sure. Try not to wear yourself out looking for the black sock :/ If it's a running sock, it could be miles away by now.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @77tes your barley comment was way too funny πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€£ . I've begun borrowing your first thing in the morning gratitude habit. I used to try to remember to think of something at bedtime and would forget more often than not, but thinking about one the first thing in the morning has begun to work out much more easily and better. And it does seem to spill over, at least during the mornings, as I recall what I was grateful for. I'm looking for it to have a positive affect longer, as the days go by.

@PKM0515 you certainly seem to be back on track with your medicine habit!! Awesome!! You ARE crushing it!!

@Queen_Celeste Welcome!! Hanging, folding, and putting away your laundry during the same laundry day is a super habit to cultivate!! Great choice! And I like how you are going to make it happen!

@MadisonMolly2017 Your GRACE habits are coming along splendidly, as well as your add on habits!! That is a great bonus having your reading time decreasing your screen time, resulting in more sleep 😴 . Win-win-win!!

@goingape good for you in meeting your weightlifting goals as planned! That is a great goal, BTW!!

@SummerSkier Excellent!! You are reporting in with much success with your habit of doing small weight workouts after your walks! Awesomeness!! Yes, indeed, every new day granted to us is an opportunity for a do-over and/or the opportunity to start a new habit!! And there is also a good report on your photo sorting!! Well done all around!

🎡 "come back, black running sock.... Summer has been calling and searching for you 😁😡....come out wherever you are". 🎡

My goal for this month: I will continuing working on taming my buddy Paper Tiger 🐯. Mostly I am focusing on his known home: the File Cabinet, and his not so secret hideouts: the Banker Box and one or two places where I have found him before. For a little diversion I will also give some time to discovering those additional places where he has become nearly (🌿🐯🌳) invisible.

November 1: Sunday/ Funday
    November 2: 🐯 about half of the 'chair pile'
    November 3: 🐯 more of the 'chair pile'
    November 4: 🌿🐯🌳 nearly invisible paper found in top drawer
    November 5: 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous paper & mail. Boxes when I put product into containers
    November 6: 🐯 file cabinet: user manuals, 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous papers/ mail

November 7 & 8 Quiet restful weekend
    November 9: 🐯 more of the 'chair pile', 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous papers/ mail
    November 12 again, more in the 🌿🐯🌳 general miscellaneous paper category
    November 13 🌿🐯🌳 computer related miscellaneous paper
    November 14 🐯 file cabinet: top drawer, I'm carefully working file by file
    November 16 🐯 file cabinet: top drawer, and 🌿🐯🌳 a sentimental box: children's school papers

I'm taking a short break from the remaining bit of chair pile to let what I need to do with a few of the papers get settled in my mind. Also I have added a small bit, also requiring a bit more action before filing.

🀠🌺
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @SummerSkier: Nice work on your habits!

@MadisonMolly2017: I really appreciate what you wrote -- "The tiny habit approach combined with self-kindness works well for me & is now snowballing into a whole new way of living & how I treat myself more lovingly."

@texasgardnr: Thank you!

11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/9/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/11/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/12/20 = M 🌟
    11/13/20 = M 🌟
    11/14/20 = M 🌟
    11/15/20 = M 🌟
    11/16 20 = M 🌟
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    well JEEZZZZ... of course it's a running sock... It is probably miles away. :p sigh. Guess I better get running.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I have been really irritated with myself that I don't get onto my MFP or FB groups very often, like I used to. I mean, I used to work 45-60 hours a week and log in every day and journal my food, check into my groups, etc. Then I realized, now that I am no longer working, I'm spending my mornings chatting over coffee with my husband while we watch the local news and doing things around the house and just not thinking about logging onto my laptop! So, it's actually not a bad thing because it is helping my husband and I find our new normal being retired together, but it's not a good thing that I'm not logging on! I have to find a new routine that allows me time to be on my laptop without my husband feeling like I'm ignoring him. Maybe I'll have to set an alarm and get up earlier than him...not sure yet. At least I have pinpointed the "why".... :smile:

Everyone is really doing great on their goals! You Go, Girls! #winning

I'm doing really good with my water intake. I had two days this month where I didn't get the full amount in, but filling and setting the two 1-quart jars of water on the kitchen breakfast bar has really been the key! Yay! πŸ’₯

What healthy habit would you like to work on this month? Drinking 64+ oz of water daily
    1. My goal for this month (This November I will...") drink at least 64 oz of water daily.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal I will fill 2 quart jars with water immediately after pouring my first cup of coffee in the morning.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit Seeing the 2 quart jars on the counter will remind me to take a drink out of them. My goal is to drink them before dinner, but by 7pm at the latest.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will put a sticker on the tracker in my journal
    6. What help do you need from us? Just be you!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of November? Success would mean I am drinking those two quart jars without having to chug it all at the end. My fingers and ankles will be less puffy.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Short form for tiny habits:
    AFTER I pour my first cup of coffee
    I WILL fill two 1-quart jars with water and place on kitchen counter

November:
    1: πŸ₯€..........................16. πŸ₯€
    2: πŸ₯€..........................17.
    3: πŸ₯€..........................18.
    4: πŸ₯€..........................19.
    5: πŸ₯€...........................20.
    6: πŸ₯€...........................21.
    7: πŸ₯€..........................22.
    8: πŸ₯€..........................23.
    9: πŸ₯€..........................24.
    10: πŸ₯€.........................25.
    11: πŸ₯€.........................26.
    12: πŸ₯€.........................27.
    13: πŸ₯€.........................28.
    14: πŸ₯€.........................29.
    15: πŸ₯€.........................30.

Getting Fit, 1 urge, 1 choice, 1 change and 1 pound at a time! πŸ’₯ πŸ’―[/quote]

• MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Hi everybody! I have been really irritated with myself that I don't get onto my MFP or FB groups very often, like I used to. I mean, I used to work 45-60 hours a week and log in every day and journal my food, check into my groups, etc. Then I realized, now that I am no longer working, I'm spending my mornings chatting over coffee with my husband while we watch the local news and doing things around the house and just not thinking about logging onto my laptop! So, it's actually not a bad thing because it is helping my husband and I find our new normal being retired together, but it's not a good thing that I'm not logging on! I have to find a new routine that allows me time to be on my laptop without my husband feeling like I'm ignoring him. Maybe I'll have to set an alarm and get up earlier than him...not sure yet. At least I have pinpointed the "why".... :smile:

Everyone is really doing great on their goals! You Go, Girls! #winning

I'm doing really good with my water intake. I had two days this month where I didn't get the full amount in, but filling and setting the two 1-quart jars of water on the kitchen breakfast bar has really been the key! Yay! πŸ’₯

What healthy habit would you like to work on this month? Drinking 64+ oz of water daily
    1. My goal for this month (This November I will...") drink at least 64 oz of water daily.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal I will fill 2 quart jars with water immediately after pouring my first cup of coffee in the morning.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit Seeing the 2 quart jars on the counter will remind me to take a drink out of them. My goal is to drink them before dinner, but by 7pm at the latest.
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will put a sticker on the tracker in my journal
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of November? Success would mean I am drinking those two quart jars without having to chug it all at the end. My fingers and ankles will be less puffy.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

November:
    2: πŸ₯€..........................17.

Getting Fit, 1 urge, 1 choice, 1 change and 1 pound at a time! πŸ’₯ πŸ’―

[/quote]

@PackerFanInGB
    I do not think you’ll ever regret all those times & chats with your darling husband.
    ❀️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    @SummerSkier: Nice work on your habits!

@MadisonMolly2017: I really appreciate what you wrote -- "The tiny habit approach combined with self-kindness works well for me & is now snowballing into a whole new way of living & how I treat myself more lovingly."

@texasgardnr: Thank you!

11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/9/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/11/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/12/20 = M 🌟
    11/13/20 = M 🌟
    11/14/20 = M 🌟
    11/15/20 = M 🌟
    11/16 20 = M 🌟

Thank you @PKM0515
    I never realized a few simple food habits would lead to so much more happiness.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

November:
    2: πŸ₯€..........................17. πŸ₯€

Getting Fit, 1 urge, 1 choice, 1 change and 1 pound at a time! πŸ’₯ πŸ’―[/quote]

@MadisonMolly2017 I'm sure you are right! I actually really enjoy starting our day in the morning over coffee. The rest of our day is spent going our own ways pretty much, so it's very nice. Today I got up 90 minutes before he did, so I was able to water and feed my buddy, Maddie, then cuddle with her on my lap for a bit, fill out my 24H food plan and assess yesterday's 24H food plan, run my essential oil diffuser, watch the news and hop on MFP! It was glorious! Hahaha! I think this needs to be my new routine...

Have a great day everyone!

• Queen_Celeste
    Queen_Celeste Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Laundry is a mixed bag! Ain't that how it goes. I am doing better but currently have a pile of clean that needs taken care of 😩 it started when a water bottle was tossed on a bed and the lid popped off so I had to suddenly dry and change bedding. It's usually saved for weekends, but surprise for me. 😜 One day at a time.
  • SummerSkier
    Options
    Laundry is a mixed bag! Ain't that how it goes. I am doing better but currently have a pile of clean that needs taken care of 😩 it started when a water bottle was tossed on a bed and the lid popped off so I had to suddenly dry and change bedding. It's usually saved for weekends, but surprise for me. 😜 One day at a time.

Ya. A lot of my "chores"/"decluttering" efforts are completely unplanned due to unforeseen things happening just like that. I would give myself a win for doing the bedding if I were you. When I was attending the various fancy time planning classes back in the 90's I think one of the things which always stuck with me was the ability to do triage on our task list. And they always recommended that you leave a nice chunk of your time to handle the unexpected emergencies which always arrive. In my current work situation I can't tell you how just one little problem identified first thing in the morning reviewing reports can derail my entire day trying to figure out cause and how to fix. My life. sigh.

@PackerFanInGB I like your approach. However one of the things my SO really hated was when I got up a lot earlier than him to run. He always wanted to snuggle and have us time in bed first thing. However I like the way you have worked this out and still get to have your nice coffee time.

@PKM0515 how are things going this week?

I have just finished filing a bunch of photos and favoriting some of them also. Here is yesterday's #1 I think.

Yesterday I learned a cool new way to close cereal box tops. There is a Utube video which explains it. Works pretty well even for non crafty me. https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https://youtu.be/KAiN5AZ3XfU?fbclid=IwAR3kjNgfSFXgEGDbqfX-BYIJDqszVJYJgAgkHGbIr7Xi7cml6gXG0IRUupU&amp;h=AT27grzy0aG11rMHy3jweCrvlHpjwYAhwFX7KvIHofi_9n2-INOYUKDrFJj-qeCmNYL9nKTq6TZqf1VRHFEzUKrUvrjGhl50RRGIk6NN7FUGcNRsrydYIxXpWO44bHkNWFtY63m5L89wT-eg-wI&amp;__tn__=R]-R&amp;c[0]=AT0VF8W7zgM_Ub_IKZEZ1VA1yYbkfFridqC3MTJdTNPHeWUs1hP0c4XZdIHHEm-ullfDMLM6eAaO69Wut8hlczUAeZZTdSKB_hiYYl5_017Wvgb6axU3X1x6wIqmCcYT-k0_ZRyVM4ZhHTjnOEkK
    qiq7k97ms1fm.png
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Hey there! It's been a busy day so am late checking in. The Bosque del Apache is holding their annual Crane Festival online this year through webinars (mostly Zoom) and they are fantastic so I was busy watching those and getting some knitting done at the same time, making cookies for my son's birthday, and meeting my daughter and fam in a park to exchange craft supplies for our next messenger craft party. I'm beat...Started early morning to watch the cranes fly out. I haven't even set foot in my upstairs room but once to grab my computer because the wifi is more reliable down here and never did make it to the basement. There will be more of the same tomorrow and Saturday:) but I hope to do better since I will be home all day. I'm learning some things and seeing some great photography and birding presentations.

Thanks for the box closing link, @SummerSkier. I haven't tried it yet but it looks very promising. I think you were listening to the presentations because you incorporated so many elements in your gorgeous sun(rise/set?) picture.

You're all doing great!
  • PKM0515
    Options
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/8/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/9/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/11/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/12/20 = M 🌟
    11/13/20 = M 🌟
    11/14/20 = M 🌟
    11/15/20 = M 🌟
    11/16 20 = M 🌟
    11/17/20 = M 🌟
    11/18/20 = M 🌟 (I accidentally took the dinner med at lunch, but at least I took it!)
    11/19/20 = M 🌟

@SummerSkier

What a beautiful photo! 😊

Happy Friday, Friends! πŸ’–