Replies

• PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,965 Member
    Options
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟

For those of you who use planners, what are you using these days? I used to like Day-Timer or a smaller Blue Sky or similar. For the last couple of years, I've also used a big monthly desk blotter calendar. I'm trying to decide my strategy for 2021. πŸ˜ƒ
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    My goal for this month: I will continuing working on taming my buddy Paper Tiger 🐯. Mostly I am focusing on his known home: the File Cabinet, and his not so secret hideout: the Banker Box. For a little diversion I will also give some time to discovering those additional places where he has become nearly (🌿🐯🌳) invisible.

November 1: Sunday/ Funday
    November 2: 🐯 (about half of the 'chair pile')
    November 3: 🐯 (more of the 'chair pile')
    November 4: 🌿🐯🌳 (nearly invisible paper found in top drawer)

🀠🌺
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Well done @PKM0515 !!!! I have one big annual cal that I put in pencil all the annual type things required. Then I use a weekly planner with no dates just to keep up with tasks or accomplishments. As far as a real schedule for appts and such those are in my phone/computer cal .... I also had a recommendation to put a monthly chore type whitesheet up which could be used with dry erase markers to check off monthly repetitive tacks.

@texasgardnr isn't it strange how paper can become invisible? I have a shelf (or rather shelves) like that in my garage. I was perusing them yesterday and thinking do I really still need the boxes for some of the electonics which were gone over 10 years ago? :s

@nebslp how is the equipment sitting going? Reminds me of baby sitting or visualization techniques!

I am still working on the digital photos and enjoying it. Some of the habits I added the past months like doing a set of weight lifting after my walks are still STUCK. So I think I found a routine which works well.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 11,101 Member
    Options
    Always late to the party....someday that will be my goal! To log in and set my goal on the 1st of each month. LOL

I like how you set up the various pages for habits, chatting, decluttering and Monday Move Its! This is nice.
    There are so many ideas on here that I would love to comment on, but I have a ton to get done yet today!

🍏 It's a brand new month! What's your favorite part of November? I love the crisp autumn air that isn't freezing yet but not too hot for me to go for walks outside. I don't do well in the heat!

What healthy habit would you like to work on this month? Drinking 64+ oz of water daily

1. My goal for this month (This November I will...") drink at least 64 oz of water daily.
    2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal I will fill 2 quart jars with water immediately after pouring my first cup of coffee in the morning.
    3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit Seeing the 2 quart jars on the counter will remind me to take a drink out of them. My goal is to drink them before dinner, but by 7pm at the latest.
    4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible) daily
    5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit? I will put a sticker on the tracker in my journal
    6. What help do you need from us? Just be you!
    7. What does success look like to you at the end of November? Success would mean I am drinking those two quart jars without having to chug it all at the end. My fingers and ankles will be less puffy.

🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁

Short form for tiny habits:
    AFTER I pour my first cup of coffee
    I WILL fill two 1-quart jars with water and place on kitchen counter

November:
    1: πŸ₯€
    2: πŸ₯€
    3: πŸ₯€
    4: πŸ₯€
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:

1 urge, 1 choice, 1 change and 1 pound at a time, I will take back my life! :)

Thank you @PackerFanInGB: I’m glad you like the new discussion categories. Should make it easier when life gets busy!

Always great to hear from you!

Good luck with your 64oz water goal!

My Best,
    Maddie πŸ’ž
  • MadisonMolly2017
    edited November 2020
    Options
    PKM0515 wrote: Β»
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟

For those of you who use planners, what are you using these days? I used to like Day-Timer or a smaller Blue Sky or similar. For the last couple of years, I've also used a big monthly desk blotter calendar. I'm trying to decide my strategy for 2021. πŸ˜ƒ

@PKM0515 look at you go with those med stars 🌟 🌟 !!!!!! there will be a day in the not too distant future that it’s so automatic to take your meds, you won’t believe it was an β€œI Will” of yours!!

I don’t use a planner, so I’m sorry I can’t help. I use my calendar on my phone, a paper tracker for new habits, and keep a high priority to do list by my chair. Other to do’s are on a list at my desk for when I complete the high priority (so I don’t feel overwhelmed.)
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    Oh & the reason I use this method is so I can recycle the items that are completed!! Done!
  • PKM0515
    Options
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟

Thanks, @SummerSkier and @MadisonMolly2017!

I may just use a wall calendar for appointments and scheduled events and a steno pad or notebook for daily to dos. I attempt to keep a brain dump notebook, so I can just transfer items from the brain dump list to the to do list. (Believe it or not, I don't have a cell phone.)
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,971 Member
    Options
    Oops, today I forgot my gratitude habit until after breakfast.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Options
    My November plan:
    I looked over the things I track. I honestly asked myself if each one was an entrenched habit. I was left with 4 to practice to make more automatic.

Just realized CHARM would be better
    chatting, hiking, artmaking, reflecting , meditating
    πŸ“žπŸ₯ΎπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨βœοΈ πŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ πŸ₯£(oatmeal)
    Because these 5 things work like a charm for me ❀️

Nov 1 πŸ“žπŸ₯ΎπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨βœοΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈ
    Nov 2, 3, 4, 5 πŸ“žπŸ₯ΎπŸ‘©πŸ»β€πŸŽ¨βœοΈπŸ§˜β€β™€οΈπŸ₯£
    Nov 6
    Nov 7
    Nov 8
    Nov 9
    Nov 10
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    @PKM0515 I no longer use a planner like I used to any more. I now use the calendar on my phone, or I'll make a notation on my next day's to do list if I must remember something in particular.
    However, last year I started using the 'See It Bigger" 2-year Monthly Planner to keep a paper back up of sorts for some things that repeat annually, or that I'm still not used to having to pay attention to, just so I can see everything at a glance at the beginning of the month. I'm a pencil/ paper person in my DNA πŸ€ͺ, even though I really enjoy technology. I do not put everything into this planner that I put into the phone calendar, just select things.

I also use a second one, this one with a pretty cover on it, that I record both my exercise and decluttering events, and my monthly weigh in, as bullet point notations. Just for personal accountability, at a glance.

I find these at Walmart. They might be available elsewhere perhaps. They have an assortment to choose from.

🀠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    Options
    My goal for this month: I will continuing working on taming my buddy Paper Tiger 🐯. Mostly I am focusing on his known home: the File Cabinet, and his not so secret hideout: the Banker Box. For a little diversion I will also give some time to discovering those additional places where he has become nearly (🌿🐯🌳) invisible.

November 2: 🐯 about half of the 'chair pile'
    November 3: 🐯 more of the 'chair pile'
    November 4: 🌿🐯🌳 nearly invisible paper found in top drawer
    November 5: 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous paper & mail. Boxes when I put product into containers. Digital decluttering - email

🀠🌺
  • PKM0515
    edited November 2020
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, @texasgardnr! We seem quite similar with our paper issues. πŸ’•
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    hi everyone. Just checking in! Having a day off from work but keeping up with the photo filing. Today I did Nov 2016 and it was really quite a blast to file and go down memory lane.

Almost a week into Nov already. So hard to believe. wow time flies.

summerskiermorecoffee
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Wow! I haven’t even read all of the recent posts yet! Will do that later but want to check in now.
    Nov 1 πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 2. πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 3. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Dusted off weider pro machine and bike and created a dust cloud 😲
    Nov 4. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Grabbed a wet rag and washed off remaining dust from weider pro. 🧽
    Nov 5. Left early and never gave it one thought until I got home at 5PM. Definitely not a habit yet🀣
    Nov 6. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Washed bike, rebounder, and punching bag. It’s all ready to go whenever I amπŸ™‚
  • texasgardnr
    edited November 2020
    Options
    @PKM0515 I sometimes do the brain dump concept, then decide what should actually be taken care of. Paper! I am looking forward to more calm and peacefulness as I get paper under better control.

@SummerSkier well done keeping up with your photo filing. Working on November four years ago must have been fun!

@nebslp your plan is working! Look at what you are accomplishing so far!!!

November 2: 🐯 about half of the 'chair pile'
    November 3: 🐯 more of the 'chair pile'
    November 4: 🌿🐯🌳 nearly invisible paper found in top drawer
    November 5: 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous paper & mail. Boxes when I put product into containers.
    November 6: 🐯 file cabinet: user manuals, 🌿🐯🌳 miscellaneous papers/ mail and so on.

🀠🌺
  • PKM0515
    Options
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/6/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟 (good with all morning meds, but missed one evening pill)
  • PKM0515
    Options
    11/1/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/2/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟
    11/3/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/4/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/5/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
    11/6/20 = M 🚫, L 🌟 (good with all morning meds, but missed one evening pill)
    11/7/20 = M 🌟, L 🌟
  • PKM0515
    Options
    Very nice, @77tes! πŸ’•
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Nov 1 πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 2. πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 3. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Dusted off weider pro machine and bike and created a dust cloud 😲
    Nov 4. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Grabbed a wet rag and washed off remaining dust from weider pro. 🧽
    Nov 5. Left early and never gave it one thought until I got home at 5PM. Definitely not a habit yet🀣
    Nov 6. πŸ’ͺ🏻 Washed bike, rebounder, and punching bag. It’s all ready to go whenever I amπŸ™‚
    Nov 7 πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Nov 8. πŸ’ͺ🏻 10 lat pull downs and I noticed the weights were sticking a little. Poles are sticky so will figure
    out what to do about that. 🀞the manual will tell me.